New at this game...need help...

Frosty

Hello Everybody!

I am new at this game...I havent played Sacred 1 either...

I was thinking of rolling a High Elf.I want hes build to be Frost like...

If anyone knows any cool builds please post them :) .

Thanks

Btw whats with the bronze and silver modes?If I finish the game in bronze I will have to make a new character to play in silver :)etch:)

Thanks again.

bronze and silver are just game difficulties, you can play in either mode with the same char.

there are afew very good HE builds on these forums and also on the official Sacred 2 forums.

when it comes to building a HE the most importent thing is to make sure you have low cooldown times and alot of damage. things to keep in mind.

- Ancient Magic is a very good skill to pick. give your spells more damage.

- Concentration lets you have 2 or 3 buffs active and reduces regen times (if you plan to make an ice caster then you will have Crystal Skin and Grand Invigoration.

- GRAND INVIGORATION! is possibly the HE's best friend. but to make good use of it you will need to take Delphic Focus as a skill (in order to mod it)

I wont go on cause I think its more fun to learn as you play (as I did when I first got the game), and also im sure there will be alot of other replies from the other D.a.r.k members.

have fun,

Pyro.

Hey Frosty. You want a frost build, you get a frost build. I propose this:

2 -> Stormite lore

3 -> Concentration

5 -> Stormite focus

8 -> Bargaining

12 -> Enhanced Perception

18 -> Armor Lore

25 -> Delphic Focus

35 -> Constitution

50 -> Ancient Magic

65 -> Shield lore

It is based entirely on the mystic stormite tree, which deals with ice damage, so it's frosty enough :) As for the mods, these are modifications of combat arts that have been introduced to Sacred 2. There are 3 mods - bronze, silver and gold. Each mod makes a combat art inflict more damage, last longer, stuff like this. You can check out all mods for the mystic stormite tree you will be using here:

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:...Elf_Combat_Arts

I suggest you open up each page with every single combat art in the mystic stormite tree and read through carefully.

You may want to know how do you mod a combat art. It is done by adding hard points in the mystic stormite lore and mystic stormite focus skills. 3 combined points in those skills will give you 1 modification point. You are free to spend it wherever you desire at any skill and thus add a bronze mod. When you add more points in the mystic stormite skills you will get more modification points for that aspect which you can spend on another CA to get a bronze mod, or if you have a bronze modded CA, you can now pick a silver mod.

Let's take frost flare for example. It's page is here: http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Frost_Flare

Let's say you have just earned a modification point and you want to spend it on frost flare. There are 2 option for a bronze mod:

* Spell Flow - Significantly decreases the regeneration time of Frost Flare. (25% decrease)

* Freeze - Further reduces target's movement rate. (30% + 0.3% per CA level further decreased)

I would pick spell flow, because it will make me cast more flares in shorter interval of time. Slowing a target down isn't so good when you have like 7-8 targets closing at you... After choosing the appropriate mod in-game and clicking on the plus sign, you have just modded a skill with a bronze mod.

Later on you get another modification point and you want to spend it here as well. You now have 2 options to mod this skill with a SILVER modification:

* Constraint - Reduces the opponent's change to hit successfully. (50 + 2 per CA level attack value reduction)

* Frost - Additionally increases the ice damage over time. (38.1% increase)

You decide ti pick frost for more damage over time, for example. So you just modded frost flare with a silver mod :(

Then you get a third modification point which you decide to spend here as well. Now you have 2 GOLD mod options:

* Icy Circle - Freezes opponents within a significantly larger area around the target. (333% of base area)

* Perpetuity - Increases the duration of the freezing effects. (50% increase)

You decide to use Icy circle for example.

This is how you mod skills :)

Hmm thank you very much!Still I have more questions:

What type of weapons should I use?

What status does my gear must have?

Where should I spent my Status points?

How many points in each skill?

When I use a rune on a skill that I already know what happens?

Whats do they mean when they say if a build is for HC?

Lol sorry for all these questions but there probably going to be more :)

Thank you all for your replies!

Well, let's get answering then :)

What type of weapons should I use?

-> Any weapon will do, but the best ones for you are the ones with the most sockets of silver or gold value. While you're adding points in bargaining, better items will appear in the shops. Soon you will start to see rings and amulets that give + all skills. Rings can be socketed in silver and gold sockets and amulets in gold sockets.

What status does my gear must have?

-> It's best if you pile up some set items that have 2 or more sockets. Gloves tend to have 1 sockets, so no worries there. Ordinary items with +all skills or + Mystic Stormite lore/focus and/or good sockets will also do. The best thing about playing a HE is that she's not very equipment dependent. You should still use some common sense and try to keep a good armor value.

Where should I spent my Status points?

-> Mainly in Intelligence. More intelligence - more spell damage. After you put points there for 20 levels or so, start alternating between vitality and intelligence (like 2 levels in int, 1 level in vit and then repeat). Since you have buffs that directly reduce the combat art regeneration time, stamina is not needed really.

How many points in each skill?

-> Mystic stormite lore and focus are your primary skills. The next most important skill is... bargaining. This means that whatever happens, you should keep stormite lore and focus maximized, equal to your levels. The other points should go in bargaining and armor lore to reduce the regen penalty by armor. Bargaining is important, because the sooner you start utilizing + all skills items, the better.

When I use a rune on a skill that I already know what happens?

-> It will increase in level. By increasing its level, usually the damage, duration and such increases. However, the COMBAT ART REGENERATION TIME also increases. You should be careful while using those runes. You wouldn't want to have unreasonable regen times. For example, Frost flare should be between 1.5 and 2 seconds, glacial thorns between 3 and 4 seconds, raging nimbus between 3 and 5 seconds. This will allow for fast casting without waiting. Since the HE relies heavily on CA to do the killing, it will be very important to check the regeneration times regularly. Before you eat a rune, point the combat art in the combat arts tab to see how much the regeneration time will increase if you do it. If it's too much, it will be better to wait a bit till you put a few points in stormite focus or get a better gear.

Whats do they mean when they say if a build is for HC?

-> Hardcore is a one way journey - if you die, that's it. A good hardcore build should comprise of skills that contribute to damage, armor and survivability. It is very difficult to decide which are those skills, so if you're new, try softcore for a while, till you get the hang of it.

Hope this helps :(

hmm why Bargaining?Cant I just get good items from drops?

Which are my main combat arts?the ones I am mostly going to use?(buffs/attack spells?)

Should I mastered Concentration(for having three buffs up?)

If u master a skill can u still put more pints on it?Is it worth it?

Shield lore?Why use a shield?

I am extremely sorry if some of my questions are weird or funny its just that everything is so confusing :(

ohh and what God should I use for her ? :)

Here we go :)

hmm why Bargaining?Cant I just get good items from drops?

-> Generally you can - if you're REALLY lucky. However, + all skills gear rarely drops, which is a serious problem. I had chars without bargaining and enhanced perception, and their equipment was waaaay behind in levels. I don't think that's good, since if you don't keep your equipment at good level and with good modifiers, chances are that you'll die much more often.

Which are my main combat arts?the ones I am mostly going to use?(buffs/attack spells?)

-> Your buffs will be Crystal skin and Grand invigoration with the mystic stormite-based HE reductions for combat arts. Your main combat skills will be Glacial Thorns and Raging Nimbus, backed up with frost flare for single opponents. I'm sure you will want to have cascading shroud on yourself as long as you can either (it's castable, with moderate duration and it's not a buff)

Should I mastered Concentration(for having three buffs up?)

No. If you play with + all skills gear to improve it, you'll be just fine. Mystic stormite-oriented HE doesn't have a useful 3rd buff. Besides, if you go over 75 points from + all skills gear, you get a temporary mastery as long as you have those added points from that gear.

If u master a skill can u still put more pints on it?Is it worth it?

-> Yes and Yes. You will want to have mystic stormite as high as it can be, since this is your main offensive aspect. In addition to that, you are to get Constitution to 75 (hard points) by the time you hit level 75, since the HE is sort of low on HP.

Shield lore?Why use a shield?

-> The High Elf is fragile. Nobody will argue about that. She can benefit from every single armor point, and shield lore can provide a lot of survivability. My pyro-oriented HE has over 10 000 armor at level 67 and she barely gets scratched. I'm sure you will want that for your HE as well.

ohh and what God should I use for her ?

-> the god is just a matter of preference. I pick ones that heal or forens to make her sort of invulnerable for a while. Still, if you happen to need a god power to save your (beep)... You're pretty much dead anyway :viking:

Hope it helps again.

Frosty, hi and welcome to DarkMatters! And look at this topic... Dobri has spared no expense at making sure your build will be an absolute success. You're in great hands here Frosty, enjoy the boards.

:viking:

gogo

Hello gogoblender(lol cool name :viking:) nice to be here!

Thanks again Dobri for answering my questions.

Now my last question is how should I mod :Frost Flare,Glacial Thorns,Raging Nimbus,Cascading Shroud,Crystal Skin,Grand Invigoration(?)

Now this is a very good question... I can give you some options, let's hope they're worth it. Most of them are based on my experience with stormite tree. Never played a char over 50 in the stormite tree, just because I found that the pyro tree just outweighs the stormite tree in terms of damage.

So here's what I can offer you:

Frost Flare - if you play like me with Glacial Thorns as main offensive CA, you will use frost flare as a backup. As backup skill, we should emphasize on damage, quick casting and utility. This is why I propose the following mods:

-> Spell Flow (Bronze) - reduces the regen time of the CA directly by 25%

-> Frost (Silver) - additionally increases ice damage over time by 38.1%

-> Icy Circle (Gold) - freezes opponents within a significantly larger area around the target. (333% of base area)

Glacial Thorns - this is my main combat art when I play with a Stormite-oriented HE. As such, I need damage and as many thorns as possible. For that reason, I propose the following mods:

-> Frost (Bronze) - Increases damage inflicted by each frozen thorn. (70% increase in Ice damage)

-> Devastation (Silver) - Increases the change for critical hits. (9.8% + 0.2% per CA level increased chance)

-> Fusillade (Gold) - Increases the number of frozen thorns. (16.2% increase in base number, 8.6% increase in bonus number gained from CA levels)

I choose these mods for several reasons. When you get + all skills gear, regen times will decline seriously. For that reason you don't actually need piercing, but damage, and only damage. This is because you will start casting Glacial thorns every few seconds, meaning there will hardly be any need for piercing.

Raging Nimbus - this is my Area of effect and mass killing spell. The storm has a duration, which means that if you increase it, you can have multiple storms on the battlefield, hitting as many enemies as it can. For that reason I propose the following mods:

-> Hurricane (Bronze) - Increases lightning frequency. (50% increase in hit speed) - the more hits, the better

-> Momentum (Silver) - Further decreases movement speed of opponent caught in blizzard. (19.8% + 0.2% per CA level further decrease) - the slower the opponents move, the more hits they'll suffer

-> Cyclone (Gold) - Increases the duration of the blizzard (50% increase) - both gold mods are good, but I actually prefer the duration increase. This will allow me to cast more storms while the previous ones still last, thus indirectly increasing the area of effect.

Cascading Shroud - very effective CA. I was using it even with my Pyro-oriented HE, even without any mods. If I would mod it, this is how I'd do it:

-> Mist (Bronze) - Additionally reduces physical damage. (20% + 0.2% per CA level dampening) - I choose this mod because I usually use items that add evasion. The increase in evasion by the other mod is 4% + 0.2% per CA level, which is nice, but it can easily be outweighed by finding the Greaves of storms or similar items (fixed evasion about 15-20%, even better at item level over 30). You can feel free to use the other mod though. It's equally as good, but I really like the dampening of physical damage, since most mobs in the game have either fully physical, or a big portion of physical damage.

-> Inconspicuous (Silver) - Reduces the chance to be detected by opponents. (1% + 0.5% per CA level reduced chance) - I quite like that mod. At higher levels you can sneak around and kill mobs at will and long as you exercise caution.

-> Steam (Gold) - Reduces the vulnerability to fire effects. (10% + 0.4% per CA level dampening) - this makes you offset the penalty that generally comes with cascading shroud and probably make you keep it up more often that in general. The other mod that increases speed is rather sweet, but I usually use Grand invigoration with fleetness mod, which also increases run speed.

Crystal skin (buff) - have it up all the time. Mods:

-> Glacial Mirror (Bronze) - Increases the chance to reflect incoming detrimental magical effects. (8% + 0.4% per CA level chance to reflect spell) - I don't really like mobs around me... I usually deal with them long before they reach me, so the other mod that slows them isn't to my liking.

-> Focalize (Silver) - Increases the spell intensity of the aspect Mystic Stormite combat arts. (30% + 1% per CA level increase) - although the reduction in ice resist of the other mod is nice, I'd rather have my spells hit at full strength.

-> Mystic Stormite Expertise (Gold) - Decreases the regeneration time for the Mystic Stormite aspect. (26.7% + 1.3% per CA level decrease) - now that one is a MUST!

Grand invigoration - your other buff. Mods:

-> Mystic Stormite Expertise (Bronze) - The regeneration time for the aspect Mystic Stormite will decrease significantly. (10% + 1% per CA level decrease) - this mod is a MUST, since you're Stormite oriented.

-> Replenish (Silver) - Further decreases the regeneration time of all spells. (7% + 0.7% per CA level decrease) - the faster we can cast, the less damage we will incur. As such, further reduction in the regen time is in order.

-> Fleetness (Gold) - Increases run speed while Grand Invigoration is active. (9.9% + 0.1% per CA level increase) - feel free to take the other mod if you wish. This one is my personal preference and I've learned to live with it and love it.

Last note: Start modding glacial thorns first, then crystal skin, then nimbus, then cascading shroud and finally, frost flare. The flare isn't that useful later on and you will regret spending valuable mod points on it. Grand invigoration is a must to mod, so add 8 skill points here as soon as you get delphic arcania focus skill.

Well... I think that pretty much covers it. Just keep in mind that this is based on my own observation and my own play style. If you find something that doesn't go well with your own play style, feel free to do some changes and experiment.

Edited by Dobri

Thanks again Dobri !You are a nice person!Answering all these questions must have taken lots of your time I appreciate that.

Now my only problem is that I am getting new talents and the points are just not much to spent... here is so far how I have psent them

13 -> Stormite lore

5 -> Concentration

13 -> Stormite focus

5 -> Bargaining

1 -> Enhanced Perception

Am I doing ok?How should they be till level 40?

Thanks again Dobri !You are a nice person!Answering all these questions must have taken lots of your time I appreciate that.

Now my only problem is that I am getting new talents and the points are just not much to spent... here is so far how I have psent them

13 -> Stormite lore

5 -> Concentration

13 -> Stormite focus

5 -> Bargaining

1 -> Enhanced Perception

Am I doing ok?How should they be till level 40?

Bargaining is a wasted skill... If you aren't going to use it. Essentially if you keep it around 4x your level which is easy to do once you max it with skill points and spend time to create a "shopping suit" to counter your "killing suit".

Since you have it, you should max it and use it. What does it do? It makes the shopkeeper inventory more blue, then more yellow (IE less normal gear, more magical and rare gear for sale). The catch is, you have to have the cash to effectively use it.

Essentially, you have to kill more, so you can have more money, so you can shop for better gear, so you can kill more, so you can have more money, so you can shop for better gear, so you can kill more, etc...

And now we have an idea where the name "GogoBlender" came from. You should check out his topic on bargaining. It's under general discussion (or maybe in the general guides section).

well, I would have taken barg or EP :) as I cant help myself from thinking that I either buy items with a toon or I use drops, not both... lol

and thats some serius helpfullness Dobby :)

Bargaining is a wasted skill... If you aren't going to use it. Essentially if you keep it around 4x your level which is easy to do once you max it with skill points and spend time to create a "shopping suit" to counter your "killing suit".

Since you have it, you should max it and use it. What does it do? It makes the shopkeeper inventory more blue, then more yellow (IE less normal gear, more magical and rare gear for sale). The catch is, you have to have the cash to effectively use it.

I totally disagree that bargaining is a wasted skill. Money is not a problem is this game at all, and + all skills gear rarely drops in this game. Besides, since rare items are randomly generated, they can spawn with some of the best modifiers that can outclass most unique and set items (and few sets are worth their set bonus). I firmly believe that it's not all about making a set that suits your build - it's all about getting the proper items with the proper amount of sockets and modifiers. Let's face it - the game isn't that user-friendly if you leave out bargaining and enhanced perception out of a build. It will cover you from head to toe in gray and white items, probably some rare, and a set and unique from time to time. Even the boss runs may not produce the required result. So I would rather spend 1 hour going from merchant to merchant and checking out its inventory for useful items then have my equipment remain behind in levels. Where's the fun in running around with a level 110 char in niobium and wearing level 65 set gear?

I agree with Dobri in the debate. I tried making a character without either bargaining or enhanced perception and that character was a nightmare. It's near impossible to find gear that is of use to the character. For an example I had a dryad at level 40 with a level 3 helmet because I couldn't find a helmet with better mods on it. Besides Dobri won't lead you in the wrong direction. I'm using his pyro HE build and she works like a charm. :)

Thanks for the kind words, but the Pyro build still needs to prove its usefulness. HC chars seem to die for the first time about level 150 with it. I surmise it's due to boss runs. My opinion is that this build's main strength is herding mobs for the big kill rather than doing boss runs. Besides, there are plenty of mobs with nice danger level (referring to cthulhu's analysis) that would drop good stuff. I think one can do well without many boss runs... although I admit there's nothing more satisfying than bringing down the big guy with a few incendiary showers :)

Edited by Dobri

So far, yes. Now you need to add delphic focus to mod grand invigoration to reduce the regen times of your combat arts, since I'm sure you're noticing that it takes a few casts to deal with a mob. You will most certainly require some more levels without overburdening the CA regen times, and modding grand invigoration ASAP is the way to do it. If you can hold your own well, you can delay the picking of armor lore till level 25. If, however, you start to take some damage, take armor lore at 18 and delphic focus at 25.

I'll have to add something. The damage of the Combat Arts may not be good enough for you. In this case I totally support changing the shield lore pick for a combat discipline pick. I've just rerolled my stormite based char because of that. Glacial Thorns is still working, but I'm used dropping the enemies with just 1 cast... probably because of the Pyro build :)

Edited by Dobri

So after I fully mod grand invigoration should I stop adding points in delphic focus?

How many points should I add in Concentration ?

When should I start adding points in Enhanced Perception?Should I just get that to 75?or more?

If I hit 75 points on bargain should I stop adding more points?Or it must always be the same as my level?

Thanks again :):o:D

Time to start answering :)

So after I fully mod grand invigoration should I stop adding points in delphic focus?

-> You can leave it like this for a while. When you get some free points, add 1 or 2 occasionally to open up a few mods on Shadow step. Shadow step can be modded to be your life saving skill if you mod it like this:

Escape (Bronze) - Chance to break all rooting effects while teleporting. (100% chance)

Sanctuary (Silver) - The caster is briefly invulnerable after the teleport. (100% dampening of physical damage for 4(?) seconds ) - enough to drink 1-2 HP pots ot hit F12 to port to the nearest monolith and save yourself

Mend (Gold) - Heals the caster during teleport. (20% + 0.2% per CA level healing)

How many points should I add in Concentration ?

-> You can refrain from adding points in this skill for a while and let + all skills stuff you shop to do its job. I usually start adding points after level 75 when I get 75 hard points in constitution.

When should I start adding points in Enhanced Perception?Should I just get that to 75?or more?

->It should go to 75 by all means, but I think you should concentrate on it after you hit level 75 and have 75 points in constitution, since keeping yourself safe is better than having better drops early on. Besides, with all that + all skills stuff you will shop, you'll be just fine with even 1 point in it.

If I hit 75 points on bargain should I stop adding more points?Or it must always be the same as my level?

-> I think you should stop adding points at about level 50, when you take constitution. Then you will be hard pressed to add 1 point in stormite lore and focus and 3 points in constitution till level 75 in order to get the mastery (50-75 is 25 levels, 25x3=75) and ensure you have good HPs to survive. With about 45-50 points in bargaining by level 50 and all that + all skills gear you will be fine until level 75. Then you should start adding from time to time.

From level 75, you have 5 points with only 2 that should go to specific skills (stormite lore and focus). The other 3 you can distribute between armor lore, EP, bargaining, ancient magic, combat discipline and such. Use your best judgment and you should be fine. If you need damage, put more into ancient magic and combat discipline. If you see fewer rares in the shop, add points to bargaining. If you are low on set and unique items, add points to EP. If you feel like the mobs are taking chunks off you way too often, add to armor lore and shield lore.

I think that covers it :)

Edited by Dobri

Hmm thanks again !Now I don't know what to choose for golden in Crystal skin (buff) ...

Shouldn't be better to increase the power of my frost spells rather than decreases the regeneration time for the Mystic Stormite aspect ?

No. Reduction in regen times is actually what makes a caster even better than he/she is. For example, I can't even begin to imagine a pyro build without double reduction in regen times from incandescent skin. For that reason, I cannot imagine a stormite build without at least 1 reduction in regen times, which the Crystal skin buff provides.

The lower your regen times, the more runes you can learn. The more runes you can learn, the better the damage she inflicts. That reduction is absolute - and it will be on your character all the time as long as she has the buff. It's way better than a simple damage increase.

Thanks again !! :):D :D

Just wanted to say that I finished Silver !Playing Gold now I am level I am level 57 but it looks so ahrd to get level now....Any leveling tips or places where I can farm experience:)

There are few places to get good XP. Try doing a quick search on the Sacred 2 official forums. They have a map with good XP spots there. I though I had it bookmarked, but since I have no registration there (I'll make one someday), the link got broken.

Edited by Dobri
  • 3 months later...

Hello :D I'm new to the game also, I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread so I just decided to reply here. I recently bought the PS3 game (so far I'm liking it), and I'm also inclined to make an HE, though I would like to focus on the pyromancer skills, assuming it would give great DD. Can you suggest any fire builds or how I should go about it? Should I try campaigning or free world first? How does the blacksmith system work?

Like Frosty, I've never played Sacred 1 so I'm a bit lost on how the this world works. My brother and I tried the 2-player thing, how do we exchange items?

And if it's not much of a bother, if anyone could point me in the direction of a good beginner's manual or something, that would be great.

Thanks! :unsure:

Edited by Phage