Christmas Quest: The End is Near!

They posted yesterday on the official forum that "Christmas Can Be Saved" quest will be patched out with the next patch.

I'm hoping they mean it will be seasonally available--that is available from about Christmas Eve to New Year's Day... like the Xmas Items in Sacred1.

So: jump on getting the Christmas Quest done! Before it's too late!!

Edited by FrostElfGuard

Well Ascaron has decided it's high time we take that big O'l Christmas Tree down. VERY soon the Christmas Quest will no longer be availabe. So if you have any inclination to do this quest for the first time or again then you'd best do it quick. It isn't known exactly when this month it will be gone but if I were to guess I would say you have about 10 days.

On a personal note if any of you are able to stock up on level 20 xmas sets and weapons I would be VERY grateful. As part of a new event I'd like to try I would need those. ^^

Happy questing all!

Can Christmas Still be Saved

Ugh......I hurried to get my lvl40 TG some shiny new xmas gear.

Stupid 3 headed monster ended his hopes......no pressies for my metal doggie.

RIP. :)

OK, how hard is this quest, really? I found the white griffen easy, and did the boar in a party.

Gar'Colossus was easy -- I just range attack and don't get too close and whacked. Octagolomus hit me hard with poison once or twice, and almost got me, but mostly just missed.

The unique mount quest, only the big spider is scary, needed maybe 1 or 2 potions for the other 7. (First 2 rounds are almost too easy).

So, given that background, I tried Xmas alone at level 20 and lost my mount to the swarm of ghosts just inland a bit. I suppose if I went slower, I'd be a little safer, but the first half dozen went down like nothing and I guess I got cocky.

Never having done this one, should I wait until level 30 or so, or maybe find a party to do it together? Does it get much harder? My main attack is fire based.

I want a crack at it before it is gone, but don't want to lose this character.

It can be quite hard gial. It's the sort of quest that requires a party or a carefully tweaked solo character.

So sorry about your loss stubbs. :)

I've found that the ents swarmed my character and killed my wind serpent when I did the quest online.

I faced the dragon online and didn't have much trouble with him (against my high elf pyromancer).

In SP, I subsequently did the quest chain with a Malicious Totem Dryad... and boy did she have trouble! Lost my mount there too... and died...but this was SP non-HC. So. Lived to fight another day.

Yup: There's risk/reward ratio to this quest chain!

Ah dang you died stubbie.

Anyway I got myself a nice level 55 dryad set and a level 25 sw set, in storage now.

But I still need level up my tg, so he can get one.

Thats all 3 classes I play and like so no need for other classes sets :evil:

It's crunch time! Every so often each day I plan to do an xmas run or two. I'll be doing level 10 xmas runs using my level 74 HE to hurry through the xmas quest and get players their sets. These sets in my opinion have the greatest value at level 10 considering the sockets they provide. I'm hoping to stock pile these sets for an event I want to run so even if you don't want or need one it would be great if I could get 4 or 5 players with me per run. Here's the plan.

I'll start the xmas quest with 1 other player who is under level 10. I'll do the killing while the low level does the talking and simply waits in that little xmas village. Just before completing the last step I'll call in the other players to receive their sets.

I already did this last night and works like a charm. :evil:

P.s.

Server: Level 10 xmas sets

Pass: xmas

If they patch it out will it be replaced by somethong else?

My suggestion: Easter Island or some other holiday.

Hopefully the new patch will eliminate the vast amount of bugs,

especially the one where a demon can be spawned on start island.

It will be replaced with something else jim. :(

I've just completed the Xmas quest for those wanting some they should hurry to the Level 10 Xmas Sets server. I'll be going to other servers to offer players the quest reward.

The ending chimes for Christmas. Well, we have had great moments with the gang here, and Erling's christmas video on the wiki just about sums up all my great feelings about this present from Ascaron.

Bye bye Christmas, see ya next year.

:)

gogo

Please Sign In or Sign Up