Bronze, silver, ......

I see where some people can play the gold difficulty with a level 41 character (the results from my searching) and with a level 52 SW I still only see up to silver. Could someone explain how and when the higher difficulties become available? Is there a difference between MP and SP, because this character is SP? I don't die too much anymore :) and I am leveling at an OK rate I think, but am I not far enough in my quests or not enough of the map exposed? I looked last night and noticed they don't even mention any higher than silver in the manual. Thanks in advance :P.

It's because you're playing Single player. In online play, people can change difficulties when they attain a certain level, while in SP, you'll have to play the campaign through to get to the next difficulty.

Edited by Dobri
It's because you're playing Single player. In online play, people can change difficulties when they attain a certain level, while in SP, you'll have to play the campaign through to get to the next difficulty.

Thanks Dobri. What are the breakpoints for the different difficulties in MP if you don't mind? I hope to be playing more MP in the near future :D.