Am I inadvertantly using an exploit?

About half the time I end up inside caves with my monitor lizard. My Dryad runs up to the door mounted, and automatically dismounts at the door before going in. Usually she stops right there, and usually she is right next to the lizard. I move the mouse, and when the cursor changes to the saddle, I click. The Dryad takes a step or two toward the lizard, as if mounting, and the screen blacks as normal for entering a cave, then refreshes . . . and voila, the Dryad is in the cave on her mount. Usually, she is locked in place, but if an enemy is on screen, invoking a CA unfreezes her.

Wow. Interesting :) It may be a bug, because I've been using a mount pretty much throughout my platinum game and there was no cave that I could go in with it. That's a nice find.

Did you find caves where you couldn't enter on a mount or it was always like this? Did you try doing this with other chars? It may be only a problem with the dryad, since I never managed to get in a cave with my mount with both the seraphim and the HE.

its a speed bug that can be triggered this way aswell...

some people use it for fast lvling (not me if anyone wonders) something about enetring that cave and mount...

Nice find Gial. It's happened to me where I run my toon really fast up against an entrance, and then my toon, cartoon style seems to slide off the mount and go carooming into the cave, and then few seconds later my mounts in the cave as well. Every time this has happened, however, my Dryad has been unable to move with the mount.

Nice if you're got it working for you though ^^

:)

gogo

I think some caves are broken in places as well. For example, if you have a teleporting character doing the shadow version of the octo*blah blah* story quest, you can dismount, place the explosives, go back and get mounted, ride through the cave (no screen change), and then teleport across the dam to fight the octo*askjdhflak* boss mob. that one comes to mind immediately, but I know there are a couple of places where there is no need to have a screen change, and you can move through them.

. . . where I run my toon really fast up against an entrance, and then my toon, cartoon style seems to slide off the mount and go carooming into the cave, and then few seconds later my mounts in the cave as well. Every time this has happened, however, my Dryad has been unable to move with the mount.

Nice if you're got it working for you though ^^

:)

gogo

Precisely what happened the first time, only I didn't go into the cave. I landed right next to it. When I went to move into it, I saddled up and entered the cave together. And yes, I was rooted in place until a nice opponent strolled by and allowed me to use a CA. That seemed to release me. Seems I've seen that as a solution for characters getting stuck just about anywhere.

Edit: OK, this is definitely not the expected behavior. It happened again, and my lizard was invisible and moved very slowly. Think I'm gong to try to avoid this in the future. Very dangerous situation surrounded by foes and virtually unable to do anything.

Edited by gial