Unique one-handed swords

Alrighty, here's my questions. Which of the unique swords would be best for a duel wield seraphim? Currently I'm using the Officers sabers (dont have game in front of me so not sure on the name) And for the sockets on it, would ring/ammis with +skills be better then rings that add crit chance, or say lower monsters chance to evade? :)

Dueling two Officer's Sabers (if you can get them ) would net you six gold sockets. That alone is a huge amount of flexibility with your build. On top of that the sockets would add to whatever you put into them. If you had bargaining on this toon, or maybe another you could get beautiful rings with two mods per.

Best way to fill the sockets up?

Know what you need the most and then hunt for that. Cth (chance to hit) for me is very important. I hate missing, and losing out on all that damage. Course if you have a buff, you may need less, and would want hard damage rings with a secondary mod on them like Dblow or Crit. Cth rings, best for me so far are anti evasion. Best thing to do is use the cth calculator built into the game and drop in whatever you find and see how it plays out against your last ten felled opponents. Whatever gives you better cth is what you'll have to keep on your build. At least 125 % and more if you don't have to trade out too much damage. If you're taking too much damage consider socketing more evasion for v.s. bosses. Your needs and weaknesses will be your path to using sockets efficiently.

I think Trust is dueling two Officer's... he'll probably have great info for a Seraphim as well.

:D

gogo

p.s. LOL, speak of the devil..he just entered server...and here's his pic with his swords I just took a few seconds ago!

trust.jpg

That's him on the left ^^ And that's me on the right all ugly in my trading gear :)

Hehe :)

Personally I prefer twin Desert Sabers, though two Officers have the potential to be better. I prefer socketing +skills stuff in armor, so that the weapons can be used with expendable stuff like +experience, mf or damage as well as opponent's chance to evade.

In the pic I wear two Desert Sabers (you can see from the hilt), with about 30% experience and an assortment of useful bonuses :D

thanks guys for the great information. I currently have two officers sabers, and I havent socketed them yet, because I want to be sure I put the best possible mods in them. I will never disrespect enhanced perception again! I found both of them in one night :)

Great. I also vote for the Officer's saber. Now it's just not fair. Why the HE has no Dual Wield? Can you imagine what a Pyro oriented HE will do with all these gold sockets? :D All skills, anyone? Death blow, anyone?

I wanna dual wield for HE, Ascarooooon!! :)

(let's see how the voodoo dual wield Dryad with nature magic focus and ancient magic will do with dual officers)

The Officer's Saber is so over-rated... Magisil will give you a far higher stat boost than your survival bonus. But good luck finding 1, let alone 2 Magisils.

Here's the picture I took of a level 220 one (it's on the wiki as well).

ma452.jpg

Yes, you could gloat about the Officer's Saber's glorious 3 gold mod slot- oh wait, Magisil is a legendary sword. This invalidates my entire statement. Sorry.

Edited by Cthulhu