Shopper? Finder? Blacksmith?

Hi guys, I'm new here and I did the search but couldn't find anywhere a decent explanation of the purpose of a shopper/finder/blacksmith character.

What's the purpose of a shopper?

What's the purpose of a finder?

What's the purpose of a blacksmith?

Can someone please explain this for me and the benefits of having one and how to use it? I saw alot about it but cannot for the life of me figure it out. :)

Thanks in advance, seems like a really friendly community btw.

hey there:)

Shopper (Trader) A toon with high bargaining used to shop at merchants to find high quality items for other characters

Finder (MF) A toon with high EP(Enhanced Perception) and/or MF (Magic Find) Also used to find high quality items but from enemy/chest drops

Blacksmith A toon with high smithing abilities-used to forge equipment for other toons. Typically high smithing is better than the NPC Blacksmith found in game. Example-the Blacksmith skill will allow you to forge amulets in sockets normally only rings could go into

Ty for the response

I kind of figured all of that, but what I don't get is...say my warrior is 80 and my shopper toon is 30, my blacksmith/finder is 60, none of them are able to find gear to help my level 80 warrior is that right?

If that's the case then there's no real use for them unless the shopper/finder/smith is my main and the highest level character, but then again it'd only be useful to find gear for his level and not level of other characters.

Am I missing something?

That's correct.

You'll find most people that make a 'Blacksmith' toon will level him up at least to 60 or 100. This way it can help most of his/her low level toons. Same with a 'Shopper'. Most will make a low level one to help out with starter gear and others at higher lvls to help out when their other toons gain lvls. I had an entire account dedicated to just Shoppers in S1. It takes a lot of work and can tie up several character slots.

The toughest is making Shoppers....since gear will be approximately it's level you have to decide how you want to use it....just for starting toons? or one at level 60 so it has access to Gold level gear?...or maybe at some other lvls...and also need to decide how many Shoppers you want

Edited by Knuckles

Thank you for fast replies :P Makes sense I suppose, I'm still learning alot about the game, but I love it.

Well... The ultimate is to level up a blacksmith toon to level 200 to get the maximum benefit of their smith arts ^^,

Yeah, I figured I'm going to level my SFB toon up and then level my other toons up to him (too bad I've already spent a bunch of time on my warrior)...eventualy having the SFB toon getting gear for my other toons at say 10/20/30/50/80/100/120/150/180/200 or something of the sort, AS I'm leveling him. I can put the gear away on a bank toon....

Is there anywhere to level well a character you don't really want to focus on playing and exploring but just leveling quickly?

Edited by romansamurai
Thank you for fast replies :P Makes sense I suppose, I'm still learning alot about the game, but I love it.
Well... The ultimate is to level up a blacksmith toon to level 200 to get the maximum benefit of their smith arts ^^,

Yeah, I figured I'm going to level my SFB toon up and then level my other toons up to him (too bad I've already spent a bunch of time on my warrior)...eventualy having the SFB toon getting gear for my other toons at say 10/20/30/50/80/100/120/150/180/200 or something of the sort, AS I'm leveling him. I can put the gear away on a bank toon....

Is there anywhere to level well a character you don't really want to focus on playing and exploring but just leveling quickly?

I love this look, I wish it was set armor and not just blues...

SeraArmr1.jpg