I need help on the online purchase... AGAIN :(

OK, for several hours I'm trying to do something and I'm hitting the solid rock... Why?

The only thing I can use is debit card or bank account.

365games link which gogo sent me, sends me to paypal.

Paypal does not support debit card or bank transactions to/from Bulgaria.

Play.com, does not support Bulgaria at all.

ebay has numerous overpriced items already, and few or none of them can be shipped outside US.

Amazon.com gives me the following error: *** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. ( See geographical restrictions.) ***

-> The address is just as it should be:

Dobri Georgiev Dobrev

Varna, 9023, Vladislav Varnenchik quarter

Block 407, entrance 3, ap. 7

Varna, Bulgaria 9023

Bulgaria

Am I missing something here?! Or I must move to another country in order to purchase a copy of sacred, lol...

Edited by gogoblender

Same problem. It seems I've been using exactly that link before since I had 2 copies on my name there. I talked to someone who's been selling it in the US, explained the situation (the copy seems to be from Koch media, since it has a KOM on the box), lets see if we can come to an agreement. If not, I'll have to use another means for purchase.

The bad thing is that I'm running out of options. There are 0 games in Bulgaria and a ton of games that can't get here :P

Edited by Dobri

How about this site acting like the 'Community' it says it is, and chip in on the cost? It's not like a communal pool is going to be prohibitive if the cost is split up enough. And just to prove I'm a person who actually backs words with deeds, count me in on up to $5 of the purchase price.

How about this site acting like the 'Community' it says it is, and chip in on the cost?

This site is all about community DaveO. It certainly doesn't need to prove that in anyway. :)

An offer like this is generous but it may also be embarrassing for Dobri. I myself would not accept, no matter how well intended, other people chipping in and buying me something.

Wouldn't a better option be for someone who lives within the same country or even continent as Dobri perhaps offer to buy the game from a store and send it to Dobri?

Dobri could just reimburse that person with a money order or cheque (or whatever is similar in that part of the world) to pay for the game and postage.

Just my take on this. :)

Stubbie is right :) I have the money, so no reason to donate or something. If anyone's got a game shop with S2FA EU close to him, and is willing to purchase the game for me, just give me the proper price and how much will it cost to get to Bulgaria (I'm not in a hurry). For all I see, the basic EU version (without elite graphics and such) is from 28-32 USD, and/or 23-26 GBP and the package is about 10 USD or 4-7 GBP. I can cover the purchase price and the package without a problem. All I need is a bank account where I can deposit the money when we've agreed on the terms :)

BTW, Stubbie, the same country won't do :) I've done an extensive check on pretty much any online shop in the major cities, and all game shops in my city, which is the second largest. The biggest game selling companies in Bulgaria have... 0 copies :) However, I like your idea on the continent. If the game is shipped from Australia, for example, the package cost may prove to be way too high. There's no point to spend more on the game than one should. For all I see our shops had it worth like 52 USD (which is more than the current US or UK price, and that is weird) - did a price correction here :) I did the math wrongly :)

Another option is to sit tight until the patch and wait. I have a hunch that our shops may get some PC-version games when it comes. Or when the PS version of the game comes :)

Edited by Dobri

Hi Dobri, I've been thinking about this a lot ever since the post went up, and been going about options. I've come up with two.

1- Someone in a country that can order the game for you can order it to their address using their credit card. Once the game has arrived, they can take it to the post office and see what postal charges will be on top of the price of buying the game. They can then tell you price, and you can send a Global Money Order, Certified Check or Cable the money from bank account to bank account. You'll have to see what your bank's charges are for cabling money as they can be quite significant.

2- Repeat the entire first part of number one, but only have the disks and key sent to you. This will lower the postage costs significantly and still get you your game.

Please check your pms, options ^^

:)

gogo

Ok, so any takers to help out? I know there are some folks close to Bulgaria. Let us know how this turns out. I'd hate to see a request from a friend go unanswered. :)

*gently pulls whip out of Daveo's hand and sticks it into ground as pole for bird feeder*

heh, no need to bring any air of imperiousness into the topic DaveO. Strong arming is something I've never been comfortable with in real life, and I'd rather we don't start off on that sort of track here, today.

There are many options available, your idea is certainly one of them, but as Dobri has posted, he has the money, so it's more about us trying to get the game sent to him from another country.

Everything is possible, we have lots of time, the game's not going anywhere.

gogo

Check your pms, gogo.

Thank you everyone. It's really nice to see that people are ready to help. For that matter, I will talk with gogo, and I will reimburse him for any expenses he does in my behalf. There is no need to do this right away - the patch is still some time out. There is a good way to get to an agreement - if gogo can tell me the price, I can wire these money the next day and he can use those money to buy it (this way he doesn't get to use his own). Afterwards, when he sends the game and checks out the package costs, I will send the rest the same way.

I have a hunch that the total costs will be under 50 USD, which would be way lower than the purchase price from a shop in Bulgaria. Interesting...

Edited by Dobri

Yayyy, :)

So that means that Dobri will finally have to put up with the online lag like the rest of us :)

This can only be good.......because then he will have to post some builds to help us all combat the lag :)

Look forward to when we can join up ingame mate :)

Now that is really nice. This will cut on the package price greatly and still get the proper game. It's getting frustrating to play my friend's chars on the EE servers (so few people there, sheesh - he should've taken a EU game).

Well, Spyrus, if you're willing to do this, I think this is the best arrangement ever, since most of the community here is pretty far from me :)

I'm not that good with greek though... I do know a few words in it, but that would be it :)

Edited by Dobri

Wonderful :) I was referring to my friend's copy and his online characters which I'm playing/using now to do various build tests and such. However, it was getting boring on the EE servers, and I really want a Sacred 2 game of my own.

Well, now we need to come to an agreement about the money. I can send it to a bank account of your choice these days (I may not be able to manage today) and get the matter moving. That thing with fedex is really nice, because you won't need to spare more expenses and we can do it in just one go :)

@Stubbie - as for combating the lag, I'm worried about this as well. I'll be playing HC from the start so... Dying is not preferable :) I'm positive I'll start a shopper-type BFG Seraphim, since this is the easiest and the cheapest char to start from scratch. All she needs is 1 level to get ranged lore, several BFG runes and she's off :)

Edited by Dobri

This topic has turned out beautifully. What a wonderful read back from work. Have checked my pms, Dobri.

Spyrus, thank you for showing up here with this info!

Dobri I guess you can further more information exchange with Spyrus via pms for this. I'm crossing my fingers, hope this turns out good.

:(

gogo

A Happy Ending! While I did not provide that ending, perhaps being on the 'horns of a dilemma' helped to 'steer' the correct course.

P.S. - Likely too many bad cow puns, but I'll risk the groans. :cow_white:

P.S.S. - I just noticed I have 555 posts. I wonder if sssomething ssspecial isss about to happen...

Edited by DaveO
P.S.S. - I just noticed I have 555 posts. I wonder if sssomething ssspecial isss about to happen...

you'll have to wait for another 111 post for something special :cow_white:

Happy ending! Courtesy of gogoblender :)

With any luck, I'll be joining you online the next week :) gogo ordered a game for me and will send me the key in advance. As soon as I get it, I'll create an account, and test in on my current Sacred 2 installation. If it works, I'll be joining you even BEFORE the game disks arrive! ;):)

Let's give a big hug to our most esteemed administrator here - gogoblender :(

Edited by Dobri

Gogo will send me the disks as well if the need arises. In your case, the costs were really too high... Ascaron seems to reap off Europe more than Northern America :) For example, from Canada one can order Sacred 2 for 25 pounds which is close to 26.5 euro. And Ascaron wants from us Europeans 35... Everyone who has studied basic Economics will know that any rational individual will of course pick the lower price since the product is the same :)

I thank you for your efforts though, Spyrus :) They were most appreciated :)

Edited by Dobri

Great :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed :) If the key works with my current installation (I see no reason why it shouldn't) I'll try to level up quickly enough to be on par for the next kamikaze Sunday :) It looks like a lot of fun with a lot of friends, and I'm not missing out on that one. It's 7 pm EET, and it's just perfect for me.

Schot, feeling close to fulfilling your end of the punishment dating a week ago, friend? :)