Where's the Ghost Cave in Sacred 2?

Hey guys

Is there any place in the game comparable to the GC from Sacred? I'd heard rumor that there was one, and that the drops in the area were predominantly jewelry.

Is this fact... or another Quest for Mordor?

:)

gogo

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is quest that starts in Artamarks Gate that leads to a ghost town and eventually a mini ghost boss. I guess it is no coincidence that I have acquired 2 artamarks stars from killing ghosts while doing this quest.

I can't attest to the jewelery... don't remember. But I can say that it's HIGH IN RELICS!

P.S. What's up with the scarabs? How does a scarab hold all that crap inside it before you kill it?

Edited by Cthulhu

Ghost area near artamarks gate is good ring/ amulet / relics area.

I even had a green set ring for dryad from there, though the char wearing it died ( Naturist )

I even had a green set ring for dryad from there, though the char wearing it died ( Naturist )

This is great news again. Any idea on what's causing this higher concentration of jewelry from this area?

:friends3:

gogo

This is great news again. Any idea on what's causing this higher concentration of jewelry from this area?

:(

gogo

Either:

A) The sector evokes an initialization type that makes the drops focus on jewelery and relics exclusively

or

B) The ghosts all belong to a danger class that heavily draws on the jewelery/relic drop lists

B) The ghosts all belong to a danger class that heavily draws on the jewelery/relic drop lists

This interests me. I've always wondered why the GC was so good for jewelry... I never actually tested whether it was the locale itself or the drops from a specific class enemy.

In fact... Cthulhu, if conjecture here is that this enemy type has a higher chance than others of dropping specific items, this would be the only indication of that besides boss and champ drops that I've seen that's been this convincing.

What's your gut on this... locale, or enemy type?

gogo

They mostly drop relics, rings , amulets & pots - for me.

In all my time there I only got few unique weaps and set items other than rings/ amulets.

Important have at least your level in MF %, there, for good stats on drops / set rings / amulets.

But I think they are set kind a like animals to drop mostly 1 category. ( rings, amulets & relics )

Edited by D-molisher

This interests me. I've always wondered why the GC was so good for jewelry... I never actually tested whether it was the locale itself or the drops from a specific class enemy.

In fact... Cthulhu, if conjecture here is that this enemy type has a higher chance than others of dropping specific items, this would be the only indication of that besides boss and champ drops that I've seen that's been this convincing.

What's your gut on this... locale, or enemy type?

gogo

I think it might be the locale. Looking at the danger class listings, the ghosts all have danger classes running in the 5-6 area, which is relatively common amongst the game's bestiary.

Edit: Interestingly enough, "energy" type monsters are set to drop ice crystals as their "subfamily drop"... much like rats are set to drop meat trophies.

Edited by Cthulhu

Just had 1 hour run there with Viper, doing ghost city & the ( black beard quest line ). Gold server :(

I got 3 cool unique rings and 2 wery cool unique amulets.

Besides the ghost city boss drop sets 1/3 of time for me, and banshee around the same or more.

P.S only these ghosts around artamark drop like this for me, not ghosts in orc area etc.

Edited by D-molisher

What about the frequency of spawns, Dmol. I'd heard that Sacred 2 had an "anti-overpawning" mechanism built in...if you did the area too many times, enemies would go dry. Are you guys able to reset the area quickly enough to make this a good decent run?

gogo