Downloading UK version

You only need to get a proper CD key, the game itself is the same regardless of region.

If you have an EU key, you just need to use the OptionsCustom.txt to change your login server settings and then register the account on the server, the game will work fine regardless.

I dont have a uk cd key. I'm d/l the uk version from a site that schot sent to me

P.S I'll prolly just play on my ps3 till bedtime and let the stupid thing download till tomorrow night (gotta work during the day)

Edited by Kanafire
You only need to get a proper CD key, the game itself is the same regardless of region.

If you have an EU key, you just need to use the OptionsCustom.txt to change your login server settings and then register the account on the server, the game will work fine regardless.

YA I only got game installed on 1 pc and just change OptionsCustom.txt , to use my US / EU version as I like.

from the way I understand the downloading of this, I'll be able to run both of them, or atleast be able to change servers....I'll be on tomorrow night if it kills me lol.

Oh cool! Kanafire really?! I can't wait to see you online. We are gonna shower you with presents, lol. For the record though you will only need 1 installation of Sacred 2. If you wanted to play both UK or US you can do it from that one installation. Oh yeah and you can Activate the Key you get with the game you already have installed. :(

You would just need to make an extra optionsCustom file like Dmol said. Here's what I did:

• Go to:
    Vista: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2
    or
    XP: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2
  • Make a new folder called US and another new folder called UK
  • Open Notepad and put the below inside then save it as optionsCustom.txt to your US folder
    network .lobby_name = "YOUR ACCOUNT NAME"
    network .lobby_password = "YOUR PASSWORD"
    network .lobby_ip = "us.sacred2.net"
    network .lobby_port = 6900

• With that Notepad file still open make the below changes and save it your UK folder as optionsCustom.txt
    network .lobby_ip = "eu.sacred2.net"
    network .lobby_port = 6800

Alrighty. So now that you have set up those two files you can choose them depending on where you want to play. When you plan to play on the UK servers you would copy your UK folders optionsCustom.txt file and put it in the Sacred 2 folder. (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2) If you wanted to play US you could just copy the optionsCustom.txt file from the US folder and paste it into the Sacred 2 folder. Overwirting the one that is there and so on.

Hope that helps you Kanafire. :)

P.s.

I always put my account name and password in my optionsCustom.txt file. Means that I never have to type it when I start Sacred. ^^ You don't have to put it in the optionsCustom.txt if you don't want to though.

Nice info, Schot! I just made the OptionsCustoms.txt file where you pointed out as well - since with any luck, I will be joining you online the next week! Gogo ordered the game for me and I should be up and running in no time.

Since I'm playing my friend's chars online on the EE servers, I have another question here, which everyone playing online should be able to answer :( Where should I register for a username and pass? I'll do it as soon as I get the key from gogo. I have to ask, since I never had to register :)

Oh cool! Kanafire really?! I can't wait to see you online. We are gonna shower you with presents, lol. For the record though you will only need 1 installation of Sacred 2. If you wanted to play both UK or US you can do it from that one installation. Oh yeah and you can Activate the Key you get with the game you already have installed. :)

You would just need to make an extra optionsCustom file like Dmol said. Here's what I did:

• Go to Vista: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2
  • Open Notepad and put the below inside then save it as optionsCustom.txt to your US folder

• With that Notepad file still open make the below changes and save it your UK folder as optionsCustom.txt
    network .lobby_ip = "eu.sacred2.net"
    network .lobby_port = 6800

Alrighty. So now that you have set up those two files you can choose them depending on where you want to play. When you plan to play on the UK servers you would copy your UK folders optionsCustom.txt file and put it in the Sacred 2 folder. (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2) If you wanted to play US you could just copy the optionsCustom.txt file from the US folder and paste it into the Sacred 2 folder. Overwirting the one that is there and so on.

Hope that helps you Kanafire. ;)

P.s.

I always put my account name and password in my optionsCustom.txt file. Means that I never have to type it when I start Sacred. ^^ You don't have to put it in the optionsCustom.txt if you don't want to though.

I just tried this and it didnt work... :( could it be because I'm not using vista?

I'm on XP. IN my case the ascaron folder is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Dobri\My Documents\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2\UK

I added UK and a OptionsCustom.txt file inside with the UK folder. I really doubt that the code inside should be different for XP, but if someone with XP did it, he could share it with us :(

Edited by Dobri

I got her download going again so shell be on tonight. :(

By the way the message was from my brother not me....my download somehow got canelled! (I had to leave for work so he's tinkering with it.)

Edited by Kanafire

Thanx for the update Kana-Bro. :)

And thanx to you Dobri. :) I knew I should have looked up the XP path but I don't have it anymore. XP that is. Thanx for posting the path! I've adjusted what I wrote to include it.

About the register thing Dobri you can do that through the game. On the screen where you choose "Closed Net" you have the fields for entering account name and password. Just below that you should see a button saying something like "create new account". I have registered a US account using my UK installation. So as long as your optionsCustom.txt file is set for UK you could theoretically create your new UK account through the EE game installation. Even play your account on it as I have done with my US account on my UK install. :)

I was really pleased to see that, Schot, since I did wonder whether that EE version will cause problems or not. Now in the Sacred 2 folder I have 2 subfolders - EE and UK. That should do the trick as long as I pick the proper server I suppose :)

And thanks for the explanation on account creation. It appears to be simpler than I thought :) I imagined I have to register somewhere in the Sacred 2 site, and didn't see such an option which forced me to look for help here.

Hey hey KanaBro. I'm not sure which source Sara git her game from but if she got it from Deep Silver then it should by with the email that gave the link to download the game. :)

From Deep Silver:

The download page is accessible only after validation of your payment (Make sure you enter the correct email address when placing your order). Following validation, an invoice with your personal access code to the download site is immediately sent to you by email.
Hey hey KanaBro. I'm not sure which source Sara git her game from but if she got it from Deep Silver then it should by with the email that gave the link to download the game. :)

From Deep Silver:

The download page is accessible only after validation of your payment (Make sure you enter the correct email address when placing your order). Following validation, an invoice with your personal access code to the download site is immediately sent to you by email.

We got it through deepsilver (btw this is Kana) all they sent was an invoice, the game started dowloading on its own. It messed up my us stuff, I no longer have any writing on the link as far as multiplayer/single player ect. We may have solved the problem, but having to repatch the game lol. This has been a complete pain in my butt, but if everything works out it will be for the better. I feel like I'm completely incompetent :) When we tried to connect to the net but we got error 64, but that may have been cuz it wasnt patched >.<;;;;

Oh don't worry about the missing writing Kanafire. It's ok actually. I'll post more about that but am quickly posting to tell you not to uninstall because of it. Ok?

hey kana's bro again, we tried patching the game last night but when it finished it came up with an error saying couldn't install patch and to reinstall the game and try again. but for now I just wanna play single play to get this worked out but the us ver. all the tabs are blank even while in game play .any one know how I might beadle to fix

Heya KanaBro. If you want to play US version you'll need to make US language and US server the default.

• Go to:
    Vista: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2
    or
    XP: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2
    locale = {
    language = "en_US",
    speech = "en_US",
    }