Easy Rider - Pure Caster Rev-Tech, A Guide to Mass Destruction!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post here.

I found this after I posted the same question on the Sacred 2 forum - hopefully I'm not breaking some posting rule here.

Anyway:

Is the Easy Rider build still viable in Ice & Blood?

I've read that Seraphims now get the Ancient Magic skill and it seems like it should definitely be included in a pure caster build but obviously the guide was written before Ice and Blood came out.

If it is indeed an essential skill to have what skill gets dropped to make way for it?

Also should Expert Touch be used with this build?

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I really would like to know if Ancient Magic and Expert Touch should be used with this build now.

Well, I'm making one right now and I expect to swap Combo Discipline for Ancient Magic. Both are about increasing our damage output and Ancient Magic seems to be the better deal here. We aren't interested in actual combos anyway.

As for Expert Touch I left it on. It should probably be left off if you play a char who uses skills from different trees "back to back" a lot which is not the case here. I'd rather be able panic-cast Divine Protection quickly than Hallowed Restoration.

Thanks Little Faith.

The "I'd rather be able panic-cast Divine Protection quickly than Hallowed Restoration" makes a lot of sense. I'll leave it on as well.

As for CD Vs AM, the line from the main post "At the moment, combat arts cast from combos do not benefit from the casting speed bonus provided by lore skills, this kills combos for this build and we will not be using them. However, Combat Discipline provides us with a much needed bonus to our damage and that is enough as it is"

I'm new to the game so not really sure what the first part means but if he is saying you take CD just for the damage increase then AM should slot in nicely instead.

Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

Hi DarkGuido, welcome to DarkMatters. I remember when this build came out, it swept the community... the version of the game this guide is for is very old...could even be first version? Some of the concepts Scooby was using, like having soft skill points count towards Mastery were corrected in next version that came out.

:P

gogo

Hi DarkGuido, welcome to DarkMatters. I remember when this build came out, it swept the community... the version of the game this guide is for is very old...could even be first version? Some of the concepts Scooby was using, like having soft skill points count towards Mastery were corrected in next version that came out.

:sweating:

gogo

Ok thanks for that.. my game version is 2.34, still can I use this guide? because I think is cool.

Any recomendations?

You can update your game online to get the latest version. It's free, this way you can get all the new content that came from patches, like lots of new bosses.

:sweating:

gogo

What char did you think is cool to play? I like the ones that can do a good damage at Area of Effect like this one, and the ones that can fight well, like a dual wield warrior or something like that..

• 9 months later...

from reading the posts is this guide no longer viable? it looked really neat and I was hoping to use it. Hope some one can give me some insight into if this is still a usable guide, also I am on the console (for now). thanks

Mistle

from reading the posts is this guide no longer viable? it looked really neat and I was hoping to use it. Hope some one can give me some insight into if this is still a usable guide, also I am on the console (for now). thanks

Mistle

It would probably be fairly ok to follow. The good thing about a toon with bargaining is that when the going gets tough you simply shop yourself some better gear :) Heres a list of of seraphim builds that have been posted since Ice and Blood that you could read through to see if theres any changes betwen them and this one you should be aware of.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17562 - Swap out exalted focus for bargaining.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11911 - I'd probably swap shield lore for bargaining.

Keep in mind that the consoles run an early version of Fallen Angel and do not include the Ice and Blood expansion, so none of the expansion changes apply.

The game has a steep learning curve. When I got the ps3 version last fall, I played for weeks with my laptop right beside me.

my wife and I play and I have been searching for ever for a good build to use because we really want to play and to learn but getting smoked all the time or being confused on peoples guides because there wrote for others who understand the game hasn't made for the best of times, I'm hoping some of the guides I have stumbled upon and have had linked to me prove to make it fun for me as I really like the game.

my wife and I play and I have been searching for ever for a good build to use because we really want to play and to learn but getting smoked all the time or being confused on peoples guides because there wrote for others who understand the game hasn't made for the best of times, I'm hoping some of the guides I have stumbled upon and have had linked to me prove to make it fun for me as I really like the game.

I probably would not start out with a build like this. If you want to play a Seraphim, I would probably suggest either a Dual Wield melee or a BFG build.

Start out playing Bronze until you get familiar with the game. Also, for a melee character, there are some Combat Arts that you can simply hold down the button and, while the CA is recharging, your character will perform normal attacks. That can really come in handy.