Easy Rider - Pure Caster Rev-Tech, A Guide to Mass Destruction!

Hi,

I want to try your build out, sounds fun. I'm going to level it up with my TG who has EP and bargaining, so I won't really need bargaining since my TG can supply stuff.

My reasoning in taking EP instead of bargaining is that I notice when I do white griffon/wild boar or holos/harpy queen runs on my TG, while his high EP allows him to nearly always get set pieces, most of the pieces end up being TG set pieces and a lot of times they are just repeats. I figured it would just be easier farming seraphim sets if I gave her EP instead of bargaining. I play the xbox version, is this what other people notice with EP in terms of set drops usually being stuff for the specific class that you're playing?

Another thing I was thinking was to drop riding, because a lot of times I just don't like being on the mount, partly for aesthetic reasons and sometimes when you're hunting cave mini-bosses the riding would not really help with that? So if I wanted to sub riding with another skill (like combat reflexes or exalted warrior focus) which skill should I put in place of riding if I want to survive the higher levels and still have ok regen times and be able to do mini-boss hunts? Is the reason spell resistance not taken because seraphim have a good willpower growth?

Very new to this game so I'd appreciate any response or input from the pros. Thanks.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Celstial Magic/Rev Tech Caster, She rules the Area of Effect.

Ive kept my Radient piller and Flaring nova to about 3-4 sec cool downs and find that they keep very very good damage, and are both very spamable when kiting dont bring everything in the first shot.

For 90% of mobs (except champions and all they useually need after this set is a wrath) hit radient piller, then smack them with nova both are fully modded to bring mobs to piller and do as much damage to them as possible, then everything dies and all I see is 1500-4000xp stacking one on top of eachother to the top of the screen

But t

he only way this works 100% is to have Hallowed Restoration Regening my HP faster than even any boss can take it down :evil:.

• 1 month later...

I played around with a Revered Technology Seraphim yesterday and even thou I enjoyed it, I was annoyed by the fact that Archangel's Wrath constantly failed to deal damage. At first, I dismissed it as a amimation bug, but that simply did not hold when only every 5th or 6th AW connected against the Griffin. I reasoned that he could have some sort of Chance to Block Combat Arts, but the failrate seemed too high and I figured that I should have noticed when fighting him on other characters. Eventually, after trying out 3 other bosses, aswell as many creeps, I was convinced that my AW was actually missing the target, while the animation never did (I had the Lock mod). I then glanced at the character sheet and noticed that Archangel's Wrath displays my Attack and Defense values, instead of Spell Intensity. This smells "This Combat Arts chance to hit is based on Attack rating" a long way...

Curiously, I want to know how to deal with this. Bosses simply isn't working out as it is now; I can't really claim to kill them in 10 shots if I need to fire 50. I have been considering switching Cleansing Brilliance and Celestial Magic Focus for Battle Stance and Exalted Warrior dito, just to stop missing all the time.

What are your thoughts on this problem?

EDIT: My Seraphim just died due to not being able to damage bosses with Archangel's Wrath. This build is in need of a update.

Edited by glaglablarg
  • 2 weeks later...
I played around with a Revered Technology Seraphim yesterday and even thou I enjoyed it, I was annoyed by the fact that Archangel's Wrath constantly failed to deal damage. At first, I dismissed it as a amimation bug, but that simply did not hold when only every 5th or 6th AW connected against the Griffin. I reasoned that he could have some sort of Chance to Block Combat Arts, but the failrate seemed too high and I figured that I should have noticed when fighting him on other characters. Eventually, after trying out 3 other bosses, aswell as many creeps, I was convinced that my AW was actually missing the target, while the animation never did (I had the Lock mod). I then glanced at the character sheet and noticed that Archangel's Wrath displays my Attack and Defense values, instead of Spell Intensity. This smells "This Combat Arts chance to hit is based on Attack rating" a long way...

Curiously, I want to know how to deal with this. Bosses simply isn't working out as it is now; I can't really claim to kill them in 10 shots if I need to fire 50. I have been considering switching Cleansing Brilliance and Celestial Magic Focus for Battle Stance and Exalted Warrior dito, just to stop missing all the time.

What are your thoughts on this problem?

EDIT: My Seraphim just died due to not being able to damage bosses with Archangel's Wrath. This build is in need of a update.

That is disappointing if AW fails to damage bosses. What level are you? I just started this today so I don't want to invest massive time if the whole concept is flawed.

From what I understood you are basically just a melee until lv 50 or so and then you can become a caster. Seems like a slow progress to level 50 :(

From what I gathered since then, I have to say that AW fails alot less then the Chance to Hit displayed on my character sheet. This just perplexes me more, but the failrate is low enough for me to be able to compensate with high damage whenever I do hit.

As for being a melee before 50, that's really not how things where for me. I was able to go all out caster by level 15-20, but then I skipped General Skills in the early levels and played on Silver. I really don't think that the concept is flawed; as I reached above 30 the build flowed really nicely (with the AW fails as the only drawback). My only concern with the guide is that I think that it should mention this problem and discuss it.

From what I gathered since then, I have to say that AW fails alot less then the Chance to Hit displayed on my character sheet. This just perplexes me more, but the failrate is low enough for me to be able to compensate with high damage whenever I do hit.

As for being a melee before 50, that's really not how things where for me. I was able to go all out caster by level 15-20, but then I skipped General Skills in the early levels and played on Silver. I really don't think that the concept is flawed; as I reached above 30 the build flowed really nicely (with the AW fails as the only drawback). My only concern with the guide is that I think that it should mention this problem and discuss it.

Cool well I just hit lv 9 and I like the char so far. It seems a bit weaker than a SW at same level, but it is fun. I just tried Kobald Chieftain and I could not even move his health however. I need a few more levels for sure before I can try him again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

this build is nice, strong and fun too :) I like it even if I'm only level 25 Nova Seraphim.

The build is doing great not that in the Ice and Blood Expansion Seraphim get Ancient Magic :D:) :)

@Antitrust - try to get Flaring Nova somewere between 2-3.5 seconds regen and spam it ... it is fun and will kill everything exept champs/bosses.

I'm only level 25 and I killed the White Griphon sevelar times (made 2 levels >:) ) and I almost complete one set :D I need only 3 more pieces from Revelation of the Seraphim Set :D

Is still a little bit hard to farm White Griphon because I miss a lot but the archangel wrath is doing the job very well.

For those who wish to try this build I can only give you these ideeas :

1) Try it , It will worth your time :D

2) starting level 20 Make yourself 2 complete sets of equipment :

a) One fill it with +All Skills and + Bargaining Points to go shoping from time to time

b) One fill it with regen, Combat Art damage, Blacksmith Defensive arts, for going to farm the experience and kill bosses. You can also divide this again and having 3 complete sets of equipments like these :

- one make it strong that you can take lots of hard hits and increase your Combat Art that you use for big bosses - this will be your Big Boss Hunting/Farming Gear.

- one make it less stronger but try to fill it sockets whit lots of rings/amulets with +more experience per kill, if you find pieces of armours that have sockets AND some aditional +experience per kill stuff on it it will be better - this will be your leveling suit, equip it prepare your Flaring Nova and go hunt packs of crouds for more experience than you can possible imagine and level up more faster than before

Since the Ice and Blood Expansion you have the Imp Chest at your disposal it is extremely easy for you to take advantage of your 3 Equipment Sets. Equip the Leveling one(Blue) and go farming, do quests, etc and when you are near a Big/Small Boss pres X the Imp will apear, equip yourself the Bos Killing Set(Red) and kill it easely.

This thing work prety well :D I have all 3 sets at mediocre levels.(Shoping Suit with + 13 All Skills, Leveling one with +83% more experience per kill+I use Experience bottles to boost it up and the Big Boss Suit is still a work in progress and I try to get some proper gear until I reach Colossus ).

Aditional information : I'm level 25 and I didn't past the Wall :D with the other characters at level 25-28 I was at the Colossus and I had my Special Mount, if I keep playing like this I will reach the Mount Island and Colossus somewere around level 33+ :D and finish Silver somewere around level 60 or more :D

3) For those who doesn't understand the "Shoping Process" I will explain it a little bit, I hope it will help you. Equip your Shoping gear from your Chest and start teleport from town to town and visit the vendors and look for nice gear that is way better than your current one. Look for more + All Skills rings/amulet better stuffs than you have in your Killing Suit or ring/amulets with more + All Skills than you have on your Shoping Suit.

Also if you go shoping the quality of the items you can buy at the vendors will depend : 20% from your current level and 80% from your Bargaining Skill Level.

To have a bigger chance for nice items try and make your shoping suit to boost your Bargaining skill higher than your current level by at least 50%, that means if you are level 50 you should have at least 75 Bargaining Skill Level with your Shoping Suit, if it is higher the items from the shops will be much better and you will have high chances to find there not blue or rare but UNIQUE ITEMS !

If you can manage to get your Bargaining skill to be 3 times higher than your skill level when you go to shops there won't be any blue items :D there will be nice rare items and wonderfull stuffs :D Having a level 50 sehaphim and have like 150 Bargaining Skill Level with your Shoping Gear ... men... I don't have the words to describe what items you can find there :D

This thing it is possible. My level 25 seraphim with level 1 Bargaining Skill is boosted with my Shoping Gear to 34 Bargaining Skill. That's right, my Shoping suit gives me an aditional 33 skill points in my Bargaining(10 of them are from the relics only :D )

At level 100+ only the Relics gives you 35-40 aditional Bargaining Skill :) with an aditional 12-15 socket slots from your entire Shoping gear, all of them filled with +all skills rings/amulets you can even have 4 times bigger the Bargaining Skill than your level.

So I will let you do the math and see the results.

PS : Shop-Nova Seraphim is one of the greatest builds in Sacred 2 :D Only the Temple Guardian with Bargaining+Blacksmith can surpass her but the Seraphim has a much better killing power than Temple Guardian.

Also ScoobyDouche can you post a screen showing your current Flaring Nova Level, damage and regeneration ? I'm just curious how Nova is growing up. I'm level 25 with level 1 Flaring Nova having 1.4 regeneration time and doing ~110 magic damage :D and I usually have to cast it 3-4 times to clear the screen.Do I made something wrong ? I didn't pick Ancient Magic so far, planing to take it at level 35 or 50 ... probably at 35 I guess.

And I forgot to mention this :

When you fight bosses change the Cleansing Brilliance (Buff) with Battle Stance (Buff) so your Archangel Wrath won't miss too often. Use Cleansing Brilliance when go after mobs and make level and Battle Stance when fighting Bosses.

Regards, Infinity !!

Edited by infinity_at_end

Infinity

you said starting at level 20 make yourself 2 sets of equipment. I am currently lv 12 and working up there, but where you you suggest getting your equipment (farming, buying from stores, etc)?

this build is nice, strong and fun too :) I like it even if I'm only level 25 Nova Seraphim.

The build is doing great not that in the Ice and Blood Expansion Seraphim get Ancient Magic ;):D :D

@Antitrust - try to get Flaring Nova somewere between 2-3.5 seconds regen and spam it ... it is fun and will kill everything exept champs/bosses.

I'm only level 25 and I killed the White Griphon sevelar times (made 2 levels >:) ) and I almost complete one set :D I need only 3 more pieces from Revelation of the Seraphim Set :D

Is still a little bit hard to farm White Griphon because I miss a lot but the archangel wrath is doing the job very well.

For those who wish to try this build I can only give you these ideeas :

1) Try it , It will worth your time :D

2) starting level 20 Make yourself 2 complete sets of equipment :

a) One fill it with +All Skills and + Bargaining Points to go shoping from time to time

b) One fill it with regen, Combat Art damage, Blacksmith Defensive arts, for going to farm the experience and kill bosses. You can also divide this again and having 3 complete sets of equipments like these :

- one make it strong that you can take lots of hard hits and increase your Combat Art that you use for big bosses - this will be your Big Boss Hunting/Farming Gear.

- one make it less stronger but try to fill it sockets whit lots of rings/amulets with +more experience per kill, if you find pieces of armours that have sockets AND some aditional +experience per kill stuff on it it will be better - this will be your leveling suit, equip it prepare your Flaring Nova and go hunt packs of crouds for more experience than you can possible imagine and level up more faster than before

Since the Ice and Blood Expansion you have the Imp Chest at your disposal it is extremely easy for you to take advantage of your 3 Equipment Sets. Equip the Leveling one(Blue) and go farming, do quests, etc and when you are near a Big/Small Boss pres X the Imp will apear, equip yourself the Bos Killing Set(Red) and kill it easely.

This thing work prety well :D I have all 3 sets at mediocre levels.(Shoping Suit with + 13 All Skills, Leveling one with +83% more experience per kill+I use Experience bottles to boost it up and the Big Boss Suit is still a work in progress and I try to get some proper gear until I reach Colossus ).

Aditional information : I'm level 25 and I didn't past the Wall :D with the other characters at level 25-28 I was at the Colossus and I had my Special Mount, if I keep playing like this I will reach the Mount Island and Colossus somewere around level 33+ :D and finish Silver somewere around level 60 or more :D

3) For those who doesn't understand the "Shoping Process" I will explain it a little bit, I hope it will help you. Equip your Shoping gear from your Chest and start teleport from town to town and visit the vendors and look for nice gear that is way better than your current one. Look for more + All Skills rings/amulet better stuffs than you have in your Killing Suit or ring/amulets with more + All Skills than you have on your Shoping Suit.

Also if you go shoping the quality of the items you can buy at the vendors will depend : 20% from your current level and 80% from your Bargaining Skill Level.

To have a bigger chance for nice items try and make your shoping suit to boost your Bargaining skill higher than your current level by at least 50%, that means if you are level 50 you should have at least 75 Bargaining Skill Level with your Shoping Suit, if it is higher the items from the shops will be much better and you will have high chances to find there not blue or rare but UNIQUE ITEMS !

If you can manage to get your Bargaining skill to be 3 times higher than your skill level when you go to shops there won't be any blue items :D there will be nice rare items and wonderfull stuffs :D Having a level 50 sehaphim and have like 150 Bargaining Skill Level with your Shoping Gear ... men... I don't have the words to describe what items you can find there :D

This thing it is possible. My level 25 seraphim with level 1 Bargaining Skill is boosted with my Shoping Gear to 34 Bargaining Skill. That's right, my Shoping suit gives me an aditional 33 skill points in my Bargaining(10 of them are from the relics only :D )

At level 100+ only the Relics gives you 35-40 aditional Bargaining Skill :) with an aditional 12-15 socket slots from your entire Shoping gear, all of them filled with +all skills rings/amulets you can even have 4 times bigger the Bargaining Skill than your level.

So I will let you do the math and see the results.

PS : Shop-Nova Seraphim is one of the greatest builds in Sacred 2 :D Only the Temple Guardian with Bargaining+Blacksmith can surpass her but the Seraphim has a much better killing power than Temple Guardian.

Also ScoobyDouche can you post a screen showing your current Flaring Nova Level, damage and regeneration ? I'm just curious how Nova is growing up. I'm level 25 with level 1 Flaring Nova having 1.4 regeneration time and doing ~110 magic damage :D and I usually have to cast it 3-4 times to clear the screen.Do I made something wrong ? I didn't pick Ancient Magic so far, planing to take it at level 35 or 50 ... probably at 35 I guess.

And I forgot to mention this :

When you fight bosses change the Cleansing Brilliance (Buff) with Battle Stance (Buff) so your Archangel Wrath won't miss too often. Use Cleansing Brilliance when go after mobs and make level and Battle Stance when fighting Bosses.

Regards, Infinity !!

What do you need to get your regen on flaring nova so low? My regen is 18.1s at level 2 flaring nova and the next level pushes it to 22.7s. My char level is 12. What do I need to do to make the flaring nova spammable?

@confusedxx I put all the points into Stamina, I planing to put there until level 35 and that way I will lower my Flaring Nova regen. Don't Eat more than ONE rune of Flaring Nova. Trust me the level 1 Flaring Nova will be enough to kill the mobs.

About the equipment sets, for the Shoping one it doesn't matter just collect pieces of armor that give you +all skills and have as many sockets as possible because you will fill them with +all skills rings and amulets to boost your Bargaining Skill.

About the Farming Suit just search for those pieces of armor that gives you some of the following attributes :

- less regeneration on your aspect

- increased magic damage for your Flaring Nova

- some aditional Shields is you wish to make yourself a little harder to kill

- and more important + experience per kill ! you can find gear that gives this to you and have some sockets too, you can find rings and amulets that gives you 3-5 or 6% more experience per kill and fill that sockets (I've got a piece of armour with 2 sockets and +9.8% more experience I put into those sockets some rings with +experience per kill and only the armour gives me somewere around +25% more experience per kill). You will make levels as fast as you can count :)

@confusedxx I put all the points into Stamina, I planing to put there until level 35 and that way I will lower my Flaring Nova regen. Don't Eat more than ONE rune of Flaring Nova. Trust me the level 1 Flaring Nova will be enough to kill the mobs.

About the equipment sets, for the Shoping one it doesn't matter just collect pieces of armor that give you +all skills and have as many sockets as possible because you will fill them with +all skills rings and amulets to boost your Bargaining Skill.

About the Farming Suit just search for those pieces of armor that gives you some of the following attributes :

- less regeneration on your aspect

- increased magic damage for your Flaring Nova

- some aditional Shields is you wish to make yourself a little harder to kill

- and more important + experience per kill ! you can find gear that gives this to you and have some sockets too, you can find rings and amulets that gives you 3-5 or 6% more experience per kill and fill that sockets (I've got a piece of armour with 2 sockets and +9.8% more experience I put into those sockets some rings with +experience per kill and only the armour gives me somewere around +25% more experience per kill). You will make levels as fast as you can count :)

Cool thanks

I see I cannot use BFG and Warding Energy at the same time. I typically walk around with warding energy shield on so when do you actually use BFG and how do you use it?

Ok I am now lv 14 and trying the Kobold Chieftain. He hits me with the bolders and I heal and heal. I hit him with my fire sword, my flaring nova, my lightning bolt, everything I got but nothing happens.

I tried the BFG but that does nothing to him. What is the tactic to use for boss fights at lv 14

Ok I am now lv 14 and trying the Kobold Chieftain. He hits me with the bolders and I heal and heal. I hit him with my fire sword, my flaring nova, my lightning bolt, everything I got but nothing happens.

I tried the BFG but that does nothing to him. What is the tactic to use for boss fights at lv 14

activate the BFG, and spam Archangel Wrath :) keep the Archangel Wrath around 1 sec cooldown. This way I kill the White Griphon in less than one minute and if you have Concentration and can use 2 buffs I suggest you use BFG and Battle Stance from Exalted Warrior Aspect.

Now lv 15 with the Seraphim. When does this build start to shine? I have a Shadow Warrior Using the PUre Summoner build by Montaux at lv 30 and it can walk through anything without damage. I know this is a slower leveling build and I accept that, but I want to know when does it really shine and sweep the floor ?

Now lv 15 with the Seraphim. When does this build start to shine? I have a Shadow Warrior Using the PUre Summoner build by Montaux at lv 30 and it can walk through anything without damage. I know this is a slower leveling build and I accept that, but I want to know when does it really shine and sweep the floor ?

:D):D) depend on your play stile and how you develop her ;) my Nova Seraphim started to shine since level 20 :)

The point is that the more you grow in level and develop your character the more you see how strong she/he/it become. Usually around level 40 you can clearly see how much your char can shine :D

Most of the time is like this : if is easy at the start ...it will be harder in the late game and if it is too hard in the beginning it will be a piece of cake later on...

Thanks infinity

I am nearly 17 now and getting the hang of it. Just another question. How do you farm a boss? For instance now that I did the kobold chieftain, he is no longer there. How do I get him to spawn again so I can farm him for good gear or the same for the white griffon?

Thanks infinity

I am nearly 17 now and getting the hang of it. Just another question. How do you farm a boss? For instance now that I did the kobold chieftain, he is no longer there. How do I get him to spawn again so I can farm him for good gear or the same for the white griffon?

create a game in multiplayer mode and farm them there....all the items and experience will be saved but not the quests.

Create game - kill the boss - loot - exit - create again - kill the boss - you get the point :)

I just finished the Blind Guardian Quest in Single Player and received the Shield of Mirrors 3 socket nice item ;)

the bad thing is the quest doesn't exist in multiplayer mode and I already finished it in Single Player Silver Difficulty and I really need 2 or 3 of those shield :D now I started the Single Player Campaign in Bronze Difficulty and I'm going strait after the Blind Guardian Quest to take my second Shield :D after that I will resume my Silver Single Player Campaign.

Currently level 26 with 50+Bargaining Skill and the +2 all skills rings and amulets are starting to show up :D

If I get 2 full sets of good equipment from farming the White Griffin by doing this from the levels 20 - 24, once I hit lv 30 wont the equipment be out of date? Lv 25 gear boss gear would be surpassed by store bought and normal found equipment at lv 30 or so, right?

What about once you hit lv 40 and lv 50?

If I get 2 full sets of good equipment from farming the White Griffin by doing this from the levels 20 - 24, once I hit lv 30 wont the equipment be out of date? Lv 25 gear boss gear would be surpassed by store bought and normal found equipment at lv 30 or so, right?

What about once you hit lv 40 and lv 50?

If you keep farming the White Griphon it will take you some time until you will be able to make 2 full sets.

I change my equipment from 10 to 10 levels or even more ...depends on what I find , when I find.

It's simple :

For the Shoping suit look for items with as many sockets as you can find(use one handed weapon and a shield for extra sockets) it doesn't matter if the items are good of bad you only wear them when to teleport from city to city and walk from vendor to vendor.

For the leveling, bosses fights just equip the best ones you can find, higher armor, bigger resist, regen times, damage boosts, etc...

I only played Ranger Dryad and Pyromancer High Elf so far because I love these chars. I didn't played The Seraphim because she lacks in some way with magic, but since the Ice and Blood Expansion she receive access to Ancient Magic and how she doesn't lack anything :) anyway a melee Seraphim is strong and powerfull but I prefer the ranged and Area of Effect characters, runing after every mob is kinda boring for me ;)

Any other questions please ask.

Good Luck !!

Magic and archers are more my style as well. But I have not found a good magic build that also has bargining. Bargining has many benefits as this thread points out.

PS3 players have to wait until March 2010 to get the upgrade. However, it seems that even without it, this build has decent Area of Effect magic.

Magic and archers are more my style as well. But I have not found a good magic build that also has bargining. Bargining has many benefits as this thread points out.

PS3 players have to wait until March 2010 to get the upgrade. However, it seems that even without it, this build has decent Area of Effect magic.

yes she have but later on in gold and beyond she will start to "S|_|CK" ;) because she won't manage to have a decent damage to kill the mobs fast enough....but now with the expansion she can choose Ancient Magic and take this to level 75 to Master it she will rock the world and the mobs living in it too :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This is a good guide but I get confused when I try to figure out how many points I need in a skill/lore etc

EDIT: I think I figured it out. Looks like ya focus on Rev-Tech Lore and Warding Energy Lore first, then when ya start getting 3 pts go into Rev-Tech Focus (I swapped Warding Energy and Rev-Tech Focus instead for better regens), then when you're getting 4 pts work on getting CM Focus until hallowed restoration and cleansing brilliance are fully modded.

From there... hard to tell, but I'm guessing after getting those two CM Combat Arts fully modded you hold on the extra pts (while keeping RT Lore, RT Focus, and WE Lore maxxed) until Constitution.

Edited by betaflex1
  • 3 weeks later...
When you took down Carnach (or other highly fire resistant) did you spam nova to kill him? Or did archangel do SOOOO much fire damage to kill him?

when I took Carnach down using this build, I had to level ALOT before the fight. I was level 45-46 when I fought him and it was still very tough, just upgrade BFG a bit, even then hes still pretty tough. Just try your best :D