Missing Ship to Mount Island & other weirdness

Hey everyone,

As the topic states, I've read the walkthru's to getting my Class specific mount & have done everything sucessfully up to returning with the Map to the Frustrated Archaelogist & unable to continue the quest line as there isn't a vessel, captian or a dock north of Urthak's Moxie.

I found I'm not the only one to experience this as someone else posted on the official forums about this as well Missing Boat to Mount Island & all someone had to say was the poster was prolly in the wrong area... well I'm 99% sure I'm in the right spot... so I dunno what to do now.

I'm playing on the release version 2.02 (unpatched) & wondering if patching might solve the issue.. playing on bronze difficulty & my Seraphim's @ level 21 now...

I've done the main quest line till just shy of killing Gar'Colussus (dunno if he's bugged or I just suck too much @ this game, but I can't seem to kill him) any tips on em? or I just need to be higher level?

Oh & as a side note.. I think my horse mount might've died or got lost.. coz I suddenly can't summon it anymore & couldn't sell it to the horse vendor earlier even when the mount icon was still up & it still shows in inventory under the mount tab... wondering if its more bugs, or I'm just plain friggin unlucky or something..

Anyone able to share some insight on what I can do to possibly rectify this? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Edited by genecor

Hi and Welcome :oooo:

The Ship appears in Uthak's Moxie in one of the patches...you could also teleport to another town like Thylysium and use boat/navigator there if you don't patch.

On the Colossus, you need to drop his shield energy first. Destroy any rocks that he throws, this will reduce his shield. If still having problems, let us know what Combat Arts you're using and someone more familiar with seraphim's than I am can help more.

Edited by Knuckles
Hi and Welcome :oooo:

The Ship appears in Uthak's Moxie in one of the patches...you could also teleport to another town like Thylysium and use boat/navigator there if you don't patch.

On the Colossus, you need to drop his shield energy first. Destroy any rocks that he throws, this will reduce his shield. If still having problems, let us know what Combat Arts you're using and someone more familiar with seraphim's than I am can help more.

Thanks for the welcome Knuckles

Ahh one of the patches... downloading the 2.0.2 ro 2.34.0 major patch at the moment, & tried the teleport to Thylysium & board a ship there.. din work

I pretty much figured out the rock smashing bit to lower Collusus' shield.. but I just can't seem to do too much dmg to him.. then when I run outta range, he regen's his health & shield.. & it turns out to be

My main combat art used is Pelting Strikes (Rank 7) & I'm Dual-wielding swords (with Sword weapons skill).

Character stats are:

DMG: 337-395 (with battle Stance & warding energy buffs)

Attack: 354

Def:235

Armor:297

Combat Art

Intentsity: 75

Resistance: 80

only time I can do some significant dmg to the Boss is using the Combat art.. but the cooldown's at 47.8s at the moment.

Weird that the Thylysum port didn't work for you. Hopefully the patch will solve it. As far as the Colossus, take at look a the Wiki_Colossus description (scroll to bottom of page) and try to socket Lava Chunks or Poison Fangs if your weapons have damage conversion (blue) sockets

Edited by Knuckles

Yeh, its not so much that it didn't work as much as when I tried to use the Captain in Thylysum to transport me, the northern edge of the map brought up ends somewhere around the Orcish bywayon the map & I can't even see the northern coastline. Hopefully the patch solves it.. woah din realise its a 955mb File!

oh the topic of Poison Fangs & Lava chunks.. where can I get or farm em? only have 1 poison fang so far... its like a precious commodity for me.. heh

Cheers!

You can move your position on main map by holding down RMB (right-click) and then moving mouse in desired direction...you'll be able to see northern coast and mount island port. As far as Poison Fangs, Lava Chunks etc..Basically they're a random drop from enemies but you can try shopping for them at merchants and blacksmiths too

The tutorial damage types quest near Sloeford (actually closer to Twainbrook) always drops a lava chunk. The guard by the bridge tells you the kobolds have a fire weapon and asks you to find out about it.

As to Gar'Colossus, he has that massive T-energy shield. I use a ranged attack, so stay on the platform. Dodge rocks he throws or landslides at me, and he really can't hurt me much. Just a long time wearing him down. And when he pounds the ground, he regenerates his shield. At least he doesn't heal, too.

*embarressed at his noobness* yeah, managed to get to the Isle once I was able to shift the map up. defeated all the foes to complete the questline & now when I try to speak to the NPC vendor.. the game crashes...(same thing happened with the horse vendors before too) GRRR! once or twice when I somehow manage to "talk" to em & bring out the Vendor Window though.. the details of the mount is all blank...*sigh*

@ gial, unfortunately I have not tried ranged attacks (will try that next).. pretty much a melee based character & Colussus in my game does regen his health... or is that normal as long as you're not hitting him? coz as melee, I have to move away to try & avoid some of his hits.

Finally downloaded the monster of a patch update file, but it seems to hang @ 1% when I try to install it... woe is me..!

Edited by genecor

My daughter found that she had to have a fresh install of Sacred 2 that had never been run before the patch would install.

Back up your character folder so you don't lose anything when you uninstall Sacred 2 preparatory to re-installing it.

And even on a top end system the patch can take half an hour to install. :cry:

If the hard drive indicator light on your pc is flickering and you can hear the hard drive clicking away, just leave it and go for a walk around the block.

Though from your other posts it looks like your Sacred 2 install might be glitched.

I would backup my save folder and even my options.txt file and uninstall the game (don't forget to deactivate the game during this).

Then reinstall and reactivate the game to get your new two activations. :D

Also if you re-install there's a file cleaner on SIF that gets rid of some temp files....Sometimes needed if re-install incurs errors. I can get link if needed.

Also if you re-install there's a file cleaner on SIF that gets rid of some temp files....Sometimes needed if re-install incurs errors. I can get link if needed.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Patch install managed to work in the end & alot of the ingame issues has been solved! *Cheer!*

after installing the patch, managed to get my Sabretooth cat & killed Gar'Colussus easy... plus seem to be getting better drops & finally vendors are having the dmg conveters... :cry:

@ Knuckles, read about the file cleaner, haven't managed to find it. Not really needed at the moment, but would be nice to find where exactly is this elusive file cleaner is to be found.

Edited by genecor