Just when I thought my luck couldn't get worse

Well, as several of you already know I have had the worst of luck this past week. Sacred 2 not installing properly, losing a million and a half toons, well here's the real kicker in my life. My fiance of 6 years and I have gone our separate ways. It wasn't a hard break up, it was pretty much mutual, but it still leaves a big gaping hole in the middle of my chest. Whoever said, 'it can only get better' has gotten in all wrong! It can always be worse is more like it, even though it would probably be pretty difficult to get any worse. :cry:

Sorry to hear :cry:

I had a similar situation where I was also engaged and we went our own ways after 3 years. Ours was amicable also. We just seemed to be heading in different directions. But after 3 yrs of being with someone, being alone was...well..very lonely. Unfortunately nothing but time (and maybe a little Sacred 2?) can help. Hang in there, it does get better even if it doesn't feel like it right now

Thank you Knuckles. I think I'm taking it real hard because we have been together for 6 years and we've been dating since high school. I have no friends outside of him, so when he leaves, I have no true friends. And I've never been out in the world as a single woman before and it's very intimidating! There is a guy I work with though that is helping me get through this, so I'm not alone

The best thing to do is find a hobby or interest that can occupy your time especially if it's a group thing. Something to help ease the transition. It's also a great way to meet people and make new friends. Having a friend to lean on, cry on and just getting things off your chest is extremely beneficial. Having a couple true friends have really helped me in the past.

We're always here to help though limited by only what we can write. But if you want to get things of your chest don't hesitate to let us know....collectively, D.a.r.k has got a pretty big shoulder for you to lean on :cry:

currently my only hobbies are Sacred 2 :cry: I wish I had a good friend to talk to but I have none, all my friends went with Matt.....I'm still young though life will get better, its just a matter of time....Matt's lucky he has a group of friends to talk to. We were also engaged which is why I think im taking so very hard....

I will be on tonight, killing lots of monsters has helped in the past!! And ty Knuckles for the support :D

LOL! I understand your pain! I'll see you tongiht hopefully!

Just thought that I'd add that I'm feeling so bad anymore even though it has yet to be 24 hours since it happened.

Edited by Kanafire

I"m really sorry to hear about this Sara. That's a long time to have been with someone for, and it must be hard having to figure all this stuff out. You're a wonderfully enthusiastic and positive person. Ever since you're arrived here at this site, I could almost see your smile and bounce when I would read what you'd written. I know you're going to come through this well, especially with all of us right by your side taking out nasty enemies in Ancaria.

Post if it makes you feel better, find us on the servers if you want to chat it up and take your mind off things.

:cry:

gogo

Thank you Gogo, I like to try and be happy and bouncy because it tends to make other smile, and being able to do that can make my day. I was really upset when I started this thread, talking to knuckles, and my co-worker I am feeling a lot better actually, almost free. I may or may not be on tomorrow, have my co-worker over to rock out on guitar hero!

That's a very hard decision to make Kana. You're very brave to make it. I know from experience that it takes a great deal of courage to accept and if you found the courage to make that choice then there's no doubt about the strength of your character. I knew when you first came to the forum that you are such a great soul. Sometimes even the right choice takes a while to accept. You'll get through it. :cry:

ow!

I am Sorry Sara, I have yet to experience something like it so I cannot really help out to much, I know you like to write stories though ( and I like th read them <:-] )

Some come, some go. Some you have to move on from...I guess? :)

Really sorru to hear this Sara but it happens in life. Be strong head high and friends well you got us here. We may be new friends but we are still here listening and postings. What we can do we will do. See you online to cheer you up a bit. :)

Thanks all of you! ^^ I'm feeling 100% better today now that I've sat down and thought about things. I prolly wont be on tonight, Co-worker coming over and we're prolly going to play Balders Gate for the game cube! More then likey I will be on tomorrow night, depending on how things work out with my co-worker :whistle:

... My fiance of 6 years and I have gone our separate ways. ...

I'm not sure I'm the best to offer condolences, my wife and I met and then married about 6 months later. I can imagine (slightly) how I might feel if she decided she had had enough of me though. We've only been married 41 years. :)

....collectively, D.a.r.k has got a pretty big shoulder for you to lean on

Just don't lean too close to Gogo. Don't forget, he runs around without any pants! :whistle:

Thanks all of you! ^^ I'm feeling 100% better today now that I've sat down and thought about things. I prolly wont be on tonight, Co-worker coming over and we're prolly going to play Balders Gate for the game cube! More then likey I will be on tomorrow night, depending on how things work out with my co-worker :whistle:

Yay... party with friends! Friends are gold. Connect, re-connect if you have to , tell em you love 'em and watch the smiles come out.

Glad you're feeling better.

:)

gogo