Clean install fixed some bugs ????

Not sure how to explain this but here goes......

I had basically stopped playing....any new character I made seemed to get thumped hard whether I was in a full or empty server. Even boars were basically 1-2 hitting me before I could drink a pot. Higher level toons were getting one-shot even with maxed def skills/buffs. To say I was frustrated would be an understatement. I felt like I was a noob and no idea how to play....not someone who played S1 for over 4 yrs and had played Sacred 2 since beta began.

Saturday night I decided to play and made a new SW and promptly died at level 3 to a boar (in an empty server). Quit game and decided to see if any new drivers were available for my pc (mostly because I was bored). Well I downloaded a few and all hell broke loose on my pc. After trying to rollback, delete configurations and searching web for my issue, I bit the bullet and did a complete wipe and re-installed OS.

Re-installed Sacred 2 and decided to try again. Another baby SW. But this time I wasn't get hurt much at all, wasn't drinking pots even with 6 other people in game...it felt like the way it was when I first played. Thought I was hallucinating but after 15 lvls it was obvious something was different. Before re-install I would have drank dozens of pots and was having enemies wipe out over 75% of my health with one swing etc.

All I can think of is somewhere along the line, one of the patches screwed up a file. I had game ver 2.02 and each patch was installed as it came out. This time it was a clean install and only used the 2.34 patch.

Again maybe it's just me but I swear a clean install fixed some of the 'bugs' that had been plaguing me for a few months. Also my ping went from 700+ down to 500. It could have been my pc had some extra junk on it that was affecting game, but that would just be the lag issue and not how much damage I was taking in-game. Not sure if this will help anyone or it was something unique to my set-up but thought I would write up a thread on it and see if it helps or if anyone has experienced the same.

Great to see that system wipe helped you Knuckles! Now you can do you thing in game. :cry:

Yes I can confirm. Kanafire died real fast buy a boar. :D

No confirmation from me knuckles.

My game has always run sluggish online. Even the beta was the same.

I have formatted my computer at least three times while having Sacred 2 installed and still no increase in performance.

The only way my game plays properly is in a single player game. :cry:

Gah I'm cursed.....just lost a level 25 SW to a boar......again !

Least this time it was level 49 so I have a good excuse :cry:

p.s. "Dear Sacred, please make the F12 teleport instantaneously, I was alive when I F12'd(while running and screaming 3 octaves higher than I normally can) and dead by time I got to isle. Yours truly, Knuckles"

Sorry to hear that Knuckles but you have to pay back that boar. :)

P.S.: 3 octaves higher you say. Hmmm we can find you a role in a horror movie for sure. :(