Get your HC Sacred 2 sets now - One set item dropped per quest completed!

It is not that simple, Knuckles :)

One must be incredibly persistent and incredibly lucky to complete a set. As I said, 7 hours straight questing weren't enough to get me the set I needed (although I did complete a celestial set, but what good does it do to the BFG?). If I was doing boss runs, I may have completed the set in much less time... Or not. It's the same :)

All I need to do is cap octo, collosus or a campaign boss of my choosing and restart, since they do not require a quest. But the quests are much safer than bosses, I grant that. Still, I dislike the fact that someone can just omit EP thanks to the exploit and just do quests till he gets some set items he/she can use, then skip bargaining as well, since +damage can get you through a major part of the game, and you can beg for someone to smith you some runes, then beg again for a few weapons and still feel fine about it. That is the aspect that doesn't suit with me well. It makes a build inconsistent. This is why I play the game just as I did before :)

I respect your opinion. In a way, it does cut on the fun, but you still need 200 levels to gain... That doesn't happen without equipment, and bosses tend to get tougher and tougher as the game progresses... It's all too well and good if you're doing this for yourself, but there is a certain level of competition involved in this game. And the competition does not sleep, does a lot of questing, and piles up items regardless whether the exploit will remain or will be removed. So in either case, they have a serious head start, even though cheating, scamming, or whatever. It may not be exactly "playing by the rules"... But I don't think Donald Trump, for example, made his multi-billion company by playing by the rules. As he says "You may ask me about everything, I just won't tell you how I made my first million" - so I doubt he was a good boy at all :unsure:

Edited by Dobri
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you're saying.....and HC can be competitive especially if you're using Ladder to see how you stack against others.....I just don't like it....I know it's hard getting a set....but that's one of the benefits of being in a clan....one of us probably has it somewhere stashed away...but with this exploit I don't really need anyone's help...I just can't help thinking of TQ...there was a mod where you could get any set you needed....it absolutely killed on-line play

I just think it unbalances HC tremendously...as you said EP and Bargaining, no longer needed....tbh I don't know what most of the partial/complete set bonuses are....but I bet a couple sets give some pretty nice ones...I would feel the same as you if I saw several peeps running around with a full set knowing that if I didn't try the same, I would be at a competitive disadvantage.

So even the Ladder with will be viewed with skepticism. Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned or stubborn or cantankerous (love that word lol) but I just won't care as much for my toon. To give an analogy...Which would mean more to you....working all summer to buy an old p.o.s. car you could call your own or having your dad buy it for you? Maybe not the best comparison but I would rather find the set pieces the hard way and not the easy way....I'll just value it more

Look.....fellas & gals ....if any are participating in this warm discussion. I have a level 52 HE...with this bug thing...I managed to get bits and pieces of level 60 ish set items...so I made a Seph and a Dryad got them both to level 15 did the quest thing again...and for both I have partial sets for them. Now bare in mind they are level 15 to 20 set items.

So more than likely after today..this bug will be fixed...and am sitting with some items to last me to about 30 something....big deal!!

So I got a head start...for heavens sakes its a game....and if any choose to not participate in this gift we got ....so be it....you can play how like...and I respect u just the same as if u choose to play another way.

When this is all said and done....we get back to buisness is all...an am betting it will be forgotten about in a few days...so lets get along.

Zandy

Shame on you, Knuckles. Do you know where did you make me go and what kind of dictionaries I pulled out just to find your word cantankerous? :unsure:

I know we are a clan, and I totally support your opinion. I'm certain the clan has stocked up on sets are is willing to share, just as I do :) As for your question... I'd work all summer, then all winter and by a better car myself :) The other option, if I need the car right away is to get my father to buy it for me and pay him back the money. It is normal here. We don't separate the money as mine and yours in my family. They are for the good of the family and are spent likewise :)

Edited by Dobri

I know it's only a game....and I know it's not a big deal really.....there are many other bugs that bother me much more than this one....and I know this one will eventually be fixed....3-4 months down the road I doubt much of this stashed gear will still be around because of the bugs in game now that one-hit kill so many characters...I just don't like it - simple as that

Since I made this topic(no matter what it was originally made for now it has grown as a hydra on its own) I got my self stuck modding it. So I would like to say thank you all for keeping it clean :unsure: (you can close here and there on me stepping in) and please continue keeping it clean.

P.S.: Dobri what does that word mean I am not looking it up! :)

I second Katran, I am very glad we have all been able to discuss this in a peaceful manner.

This next statement should be thought on. Have we forgotton about rares? Have we forgotton about the awesome uniques?

We still need these items for our builds, and since we need them, we still need EP and Bargining. Someone stated it perfectly, (sorry, so much info, frying the brain), what this exploit did, is kind of ruin the value of set items. This is acceptable to me, considering that the sets don't provide what you can gather with other items. Sets are great for the beginners, and moderate play, but I believe, this game has ALOT more to offer in the rare/unique combo than any set can provide. It's finding it, and since most rares are one of a kinds, you will be the only one with that godly gear. People will envy you, and want what you have. Or they will turn around and try to get it themselves. The reason sets are so valuable right now, is because no one has gone out and discovered the little feature. Set value was on the moon from the day this game came out. Once someone exploits that sets are pointless and there are better ways to build using other items, sets will be worth crap, and THEN, and only THEN, will people be willing to have it easier to get sets. Sad, but true.

I understand some people's feelings on this though. If this quest thing was in the game from the beginning, most wouldn't care, but since it came later, they feel violated, (sorta speak), because of all the time they have already put into the game to get what they have. Now, some may look at the game, like, why play, everyone has what I have, and didn't have to do crap to get it. I understand this frustration, been there. All this does to me, is causes me to get seriously motivated to finding other ways to become one of the best, or unique in my own way. The mods that you can get on a rare are almost never ending. A +skills, +Combat Arts, and +to an indivual CA or Skill, all on the same piece of armor. Man that's sweet. Then you add in some sockets with possibilities of other mods, it just doesn't get any better. Now that's just one piece, depending on char, you could have up 5 of them, maybe more. Talk about costomizing your char for individual bosses, or PVP :) It's just finding and gathering those items. What works with what, etc....... I'm always trying to find ways to be different, but also better.

Also, I'm sorry, and this may make me look like I need a hobby or something, but to me, if this was just "a game", I wouldn't play it very long. I'd finish the quests, then the game, and put it back in the drawer and start a new game. To me it's more. It provides a community like this, sharing information, stories, and expierences people have gotten from the game. You might just get together and chat about stuff within a game, or have some good laughs about how a monster fell off a cliff, or rooled into a river. Whatever it is, it made the game, "more" than a game. Let me ask you this, if someone came up and kicked in your car door. Then your friend turns around and says, it's just a car, what would you say? Believe it or not, there are people out there that think that way. Same with money. I've seen, heard, expierenced it. Everything in this world, means something different to someone. I love to game. I co admin a D2 forum. I run a racing league, and I play this game. I also work on my Mustang, (finally got it on the ground to drive, now if only the snow weather would make up its mind), and just got a starter vehicle for my 2 older boys. (get drivers license soon. oh boy. :unsure: )

Anyways, I went alittle off topic. I'm not mad about anything here, except the bugs that make the game crash, among other important bugs that should be fixed. I wonder if the closed servers can handle the work load if they got more people to play? I was playing today, and when I went to create a game, only 3 servers were avaliable. I also saw many people in the public servers Ascaron provides. That's the most I've seen yet on this game, and blows the kind of traffic we had on Sacred 1 away. Ah well, I hope most won't quit the game, take a day off, get some fresh air. Thats what the wife tells me to dao anyways. :)

I saw the post last time too and I asked the dev again what exactly is intended and what not. First time, he told me what I wrote to you, second time he mentioned that there are "certain circumstances" where the set items drop is going too far. I poked him today again tell me exactly which of the sitation is now intended and which are sinply bugs. Will come back to you when he wrote an answer.

In between it was the info, that the amount of general set item drop is intended but not what you get from quests. This is not confirmed yet.

I have to agree with you here, geting such a huge amount of set items very fast makes the game boring soon.

Giggles I am glad you agree with what I said about uniques in my original respond to this topic. From the first moment I logged in to Sacred 2 I had my eyes opened reading everything people would say about uniques. In S1 sets where not hard to find if you wouldnt drop then yourself someone else would of given them to you but uniques ahh this is a noter thing. We all had them we all sheared them but we all had our small persona stash of the very best ones that we never gave away. Even at the end of the game we where jumping around all happy when they dropped because they where that good. This aspect of Sacred 2 has not changed the key and most valuable things to find are still out there and hell they are still hard to get.

I think they have fixed this little bug? (sota speak). What I mean is; I believe they have made it harder, or put some kind of restricts on how often the sets will drop from a quest. I've done 5 in a row, roughly 15 side quests a run, and only get one set item if I'm lucky. Usually I could average 3 a run, with the possibilty of more, but 3 was an average. I'll continue to test, but I think something has changed. Not sure how, considering you had to patch to get the bug, so I would think you would need to patch to fix it, but I could be wrong, and they can change things on the fly:)

They can apply hotfixes on servers without needing users to patch game. Once I'm in game I'll check server version. Or it could be you just a streak of bad luck.

Edit just saw other thread about server update so I would guess they changed quest rewards.

Edited by Knuckles

Its not fixed yet I just checked...unless am extremely lucky.

****update...u may be right...seems I was lucky...but I will keep checkin.

Zandy

Edited by Zandrama

I started to write a big post, but not anymore. All I'm going to say is: "I think this was a bad move, and they should have left it!"

People got stuck in their head that sets are it for this game, and that is cool. They got what they wanted. Grats. :whistle:

I'm off to continue setting up some PK matches for my site, and get my team ready for a race come Sun. It was fun while it lasted. Hopefully sometime in the future, they'll get rid of all the crashes. Thanks for listening. I'll pop in every once in a while to see if any changes have happened.

I did 17 quests with sir cag yesterday, got detheyas junk set 4 parts & Dearwains 2 parts - armor of fire level 35 - oh and ofcource twigs shoes.

So total in 17 quests 8 set drops, no bargain - ep 6.

And my mf is only 19 %.

So I am pretty sure its still there.

P.S. 3 of the bugged ones changed after . 40 - now the bugged ones are MAXIMUM level no matter what

They are: Tesla fanatics, illigal gambling griffinborough, and the grunwald kult quest.. Ya level 54 BADASS bugged ones in silver read it and weep :whistle:

Edited by D-molisher
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I would love to come back with a clear answer, but I did not get one so far. The only thing I knwo is: there was a undocumented server fix (we have version 2.4.1 on the servers) and the "set problem" should have been solved. What exactly..I still don't know. When I read what the people write here I think "nothing changed". In the german forum you can read both cases. People say it's fixed and other say it's not. Maybe it's just higher than before the patch but lower than after.

I am under the assumption they scaled back the % chance to find good items from quests, while still keeping in place the adjustment that they made to the starting levels for quest item drops.

Furthermore, I think it was probably an attempt to remedy the problem people were having with not having any incentive to do quests.

The value was resetting from 1000 to 100 for getting a setitem.

QUEST_UNIQUE = 0 in 2.34

QUEST_UNIQUE = 1000 in 2.40

QUEST_UNIQUE = 100 in 2.41

You can check this in your sacredfolder:

...."scripts/server"-> balance.txt

Well, this would mean a 10% chance to get a set item if I'm correct. The value in 2.40 meant the % is 100 for a decent 2-3-4 star quest... That would explain the 7/7 quest runs, each providing a set item :)

What quests are we talking about...side or main or all...because I just went ingame and did a side quests and a white item dropped?

Do u need to be a certain level...my toon was level 8 maybe I will try a higher one because set items may not come that low.

Zandy

I've checked, since lowest level on set item is level 15, you do first at level 14+ start to get set items from quests.

Before that nothing good drops, so go go go level up level 15 chars.

I leveled up a bargaining Clustering Maelstrom Mage Inquisitor and was able to do the Brigand/Mugger runs in only 10 minutes (from starting game 1 to starting game 2) even with shopping some and confused from lack of sleep. I did 6 runs in about an hour and half (rests) and completed 12 quests. Just run (no buffing) touch quest givers, touch statue. Round Up mobs CM them. Touch troops in cage. F12 portal. Touch Mugged victim. Exit.

The likelyhood has probably been reset because in those 12 tries I only got 2 sets. sounds like it was 1-6 items on 7 quests previously.

Unless I just had bad luck, or maybe I had good luck! Its still worth doing I think if you want a set and just beefing up in silver because your a new player. But I think you might as well just do lots of quests rather than runs unless your very dedicated.