Get your HC Sacred 2 sets now - One set item dropped per quest completed!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't. How will they determine which set piece was from a quest and which from a drop? Unless they keep every single drop in a database (which I highly doubt), the only thing they'll do is to lower the drop rate of set items from quests. That's it I think :D

And besides, I don't see it as an exploit. That's something they gave us. If it was that much of an exploit, it would've been fixed during the day the patch was released :D

Dobri...do u really think this was done on purpose...I mean sheesh...its a pretty big gift...and I have seen in other games where something like this would be announced. After all most that give free things like this would want the players to know how nice they are....if ya know what I mean....shame not to take credit for such a nice gift.

They are...currently kinda keeping it under wraps...not much of an announcement so far....except when I forget who...asked about it and made a comment that he heard it was permanent...and the reply was something like this...I don't know where u got that info from...but u better get another source...with a reply like that...sounds like oh well we made a mistake but we are fixing it soon.

Maybe they just think its ok not to disrupt the weekend playing... when alot have time to play....so its the buisiest time.

I mean its not like a dupe bug...or it does not affect us playing...which in either one of these cases....the fix would be done right away....I've seen it before in other games.

Zandy

Edited by Zandrama

I am sorry but I never intended this topic to be a topic to criticizes this bug/ gift call it what you like. The set droping is in my book good. Why well I will tell you why for once I am doing quests. In the past I could care less about quests. Now theres something more to look for when doing the quests will I get a drop or not will it be what I am looking for or not. This is the first time I am happy to do quests.

You say this will destroy the game that this is bad for it. Come on just because we got sets the game will be destroyed. It will lose players? I dont buy that. I dont log in Sacerd hoping to get sets. I could care less about them on the long run. I care more about the people I see there testing my toon and my skill in playing the game. Improving my skills and not to forget if a drop comes to be a Unique not a Set drop. Thats the reason you log into sacred and even more thats why you log into a Hard Core server. Not the stupid sets.

Now getting sets was easy? How do you see that. Dobri just said he had to spend 7 hours non stop play to get those sets. In my book thats not easy he had to work himself over time to get them.

On final thing if anything needs to be changed is the random character sets you get. So a HE doesnt get only HEs stuff. Hell in S1 you would have ended up with a 100 different set parts for different characters before you got what you where looking for. So thats what needs to be changed thats whats needs to be fixed.

Rant end. :D

P.S.: I feel better now. :D

Agreed Kat. And besides, getting a full set is difficult. Getting set items is nice - but collecting a full set isn't easy. 7 hours straight wasn't enough. I wanted a full endijian set... and got everything but the wings. I finally got them - from a drop. So was this easy? NO I tell you.

Oh don't get me wrong...am doing the same thing getting all the sets I can...I was just pointing out that I guess they know all about it...and will fix it soon after the weekend...is all..hell before this came out...I was having a tough time with my equipment..after all I haven't been playing that long at all.

I agree I think the drops should not be class related for the most part...and do u notice even the vendors cater mostly to the class looking.

Its hard with only a HE at a decent level thats why am trying to get druid and Saph stuff....and am not on the EU servers so I cannot even swap with anyone.

I have to get on the EU servers am sure of that.

Zandy

Edited by Zandrama

What I find funny is: they will work their little butts off to fix this bug asap, but when it comes to the other bugs, (champion Turtles), they will just wait, wait, and wait some more. Come on already, fix the damn CTW problems. I did 10 30 min side quest runs and I dropped just about every other run. It sucks to, cause if you're in the middle of a quest, and you drop, all info is lost. This is huge if you're doing the main quest, for not every area has a save point or even a portal, so you have to start ALLLLLL over from the beginning of the last saved point. BAD I TELL YOU, VERY BAD! I almost quit playing the game last night, I was getting very frustrated. I started playing again this morning, same frickin senerio. So I quit playing and did something else. Point is, they will fix this little thing, that can actually improve on getting more people involved, but won't on the bugs that are making people frustrated, and pushing them away from the game. Pathetic. Atleast Blizzard cared enough to patch the game to work well enough for people to play. Heck, when one of Sony's firmware's didn't work out right for the PS3, they just yanked it, and went back to what was atleast working. I also find it hard to believe they even tested this patch. How could someone not see the set drops when doing a side quest:) What did the test consist of? Starting up the game, then creating a game? Well, it fired up, was able to make a game, must be ok then.

Ugh, me ranting too. I love the game. I really love the Elite graffics. With the ability to change my camera angle, I feel so much more involved and apart of the game. I just wish a few things were looked into a little deaper, and made more of a high priority, than alittle thing of sets dropping. Like others have stated, it takes FOREVER to get a complete set, and it's same class only. How is doing side quests different, than mfing the mini bosses? You would probably get more from the mini boss's because it takes like 5 minutes to do the run explained in another thread. If you get like 1 set each run, that's like 6 pieces in 30 min, which is what it can take me to do a small side quest run of 6, and sometimes I end up with a dry run, but usually get around 3 set pieces. My point is this, we really aren't beniffiting from this, it's just that the new comers now have a chance to get decent items, since you can start this as early as level 15, instead of waiting till you can get a high enough level char to take down a couple of the mini bosses rather quicky.

Anyways, they are the Dev's and will handle what they think is top priority, and I will sit down and frown on how some things are handled, but there's nothing I can do. They have the control, not me. It would take a MASS ORGANIZED GROUP to get them to hear, but when it's just a limited amount, they turn the other cheek.

Edited by Giggles

None of this would have happened if they did just a few days of testing. All it takes is a bunch of people and a patched game. But no - they were in such a hurry, so they ... well, did it again :D

I don't mind the set items - I like them. Makes me want to do quests for once. Why do quests then you can get that XP from the quest in just one mob roundup? Or even three times more XP? At least now I'd know why I'm doing a quest - just like Katran said.

Well I guess we do quests for the story aspect...but yeah ...if they made it worth while experience and reward...we would do them more.

Its just sad like u say Dobri...when not on the quest line....we get more just out hunting...I think they should of thought that out a little more...because in my opinion they better have a pretty darned good story line.

Zandy

They won't. How will they determine which set piece was from a quest and which from a drop? Unless they keep every single drop in a database (which I highly doubt), the only thing they'll do is to lower the drop rate of set items from quests. That's it I think :D

And besides, I don't see it as an exploit. That's something they gave us. If it was that much of an exploit, it would've been fixed during the day the patch was released ;)

Dobri...do u really think this was done on purpose...I mean sheesh...its a pretty big gift...and I have seen in other games where something like this would be announced. After all most that give free things like this would want the players to know how nice they are....if ya know what I mean....shame not to take credit for such a nice gift.

They are...currently kinda keeping it under wraps...not much of an announcement so far....except when I forget who...asked about it and made a comment that he heard it was permanent...and the reply was something like this...I don't know where u got that info from...but u better get another source...with a reply like that...sounds like oh well we made a mistake but we are fixing it soon.

Maybe they just think its ok not to disrupt the weekend playing... when alot have time to play....so its the buisiest time.

I mean its not like a dupe bug...or it does not affect us playing...which in either one of these cases....the fix would be done right away....I've seen it before in other games.

Zandy

Guess what : I am the one that 'heard it was permanent' in fact I said 'I was told it is intended' :(

Edited by Spyrus

Doing quests in the original Sacred had chances to give you set items as well. You could do quests up to Gold difficulty and get the set item scaled to your level. For Platinum and Niobium, you're better off just hunting around.

Damn... You're driving me to the limit here, guys... I keep on wondering how some people keep on exploiting that "bug" and still whine about it?!

What's the matter with you? If the big idea is to get rid of your guilty conscience that way - guess what, it won't help. Nobody asks you to do quests for set items. Do boss runs or hunt.

To be honest, this situation looks like an old Bulgarian tale for a guy, who has just stolen, starts to shout around - "Catch the thief!!"

So suck it up and get your sets. Everyone's doing it. You are doing it as well. You have absolutely no reason to keep crying, whining, ranting, panting (insert a word you find appropriate here) about it.

***Flaming off***

***Going to punish myself***

Edited by Dobri

Come on Dobry you are very strict.

I am whining but I like to be honest.

I admit it is not good, but also admit I am doing it.

(It is worse to only whining and not saying doing it though).

That's what I am doing. I know you did not write for me personally,

but I would like to clear things for me :D

I can point out to whom I wrote it, but I think people who ranted about that know who they are.

You said: (It is worse to only whining and not saying doing it though).

Wrong, mate :D The worst thing that can be done is doing it and complain about that. This means you got no consistency whatsoever and complain about what you're doing - or what the game forces you to do. So easy to put the blame on something for your deeds, right?

This is what irritated me here these last few days. People were readily doing "the bad thing" but were complaining that there is a bad thing. Does this justify their actions? NO. Big time. That's why I finally decided to let it all out. Any person with enough dignity and self-respect will admit what he/she's doing and state the reasons why he/she's doing it. I will do just that:

I have no problems with the set items because a lot of people here, including me play hardcore. In hardcore you got only 1 life. If you die, it's over. The game itself is far from perfect and bug-free. If I succumb to a bug, my char dies PERMANENTLY. THE END. GAME OVER. I don't want my chars to die. Sometimes equipment can be the difference between life and death. Sometimes even the third socket on a set item can make that difference if you socket something you badly need to complete your char. This is why I'm doing it. I'm doing it because the game designers allowed me to. I'm doing it because I want to have good chars, to hone my skills, and my game experience to be useful not only for myself, but for everyone, since I will have things to share. I will tell no stories if I'm dead, right? I don't want that to happen. And this is why I'm "exploiting" - if this is an exploit at all. I also think this was planned.

Edited by Dobri

First, I would also like to state that I like the chance of getting a set item from a quest drop. I haven't truely came out and said that yet. One could assume, from my previous posts, but I am confirming it now. Also, my kids are more involved in the game now. They are doing side quests they have never done before. All they cared about was finishing the game.. If you do certain side quest while playing campain, you'll come to see, that some of them have alittle to do with the story of the main quest. For instance, on the Light canpaign, in Thylisim, before you enter the generals camp, there is a guard there with a side quest, that exploits a trator within the counsil, and she has been reporting info to the Inquistor about what your team has been doing. The quard asks you to go over to the docks and make a statement to her, to shut her up. It's little quests that can change the flow of the story, but without a REAL reason to pursue the side quests, many wouldn't know about this kind of stuff.

Second, I have been doing ALOT of testing the past couple days on this side quest set thing. As I already stated, you won't get a set item from a side quest till your level 15 or greater. If you only hunt in bronze, chances are, you will only get the pieces for a specific CA. If you look in the Wiki, each char has 3 sets that specialized in their own Combat Arts, that is what I have been getting the most of. (99% of the time). My only conclusion to this is I am hunting Sloeford and Thylisium only, and there is a level cap on WHEN you can start getting a particular set item. When I hunted on Silver, I was getting pieces for all set items, but of course, the set items level would increase. When I hunt on bronze, within the areas I am hunting, the level cap is 15. In which case, I wanted, so starting out on new builds, wasn't to difficult.

Third, I feel that the Ca sets that I am getting, are worthless when compared to the others. I also feel, that given enough time, and searching, one could find better RARE items, with JUST as MANY sockets, that are much better. Like I said over at Sacred 2's forums, I've seen and had better RARE's than what a set could provide, excpecially if you put the same items in the sockets that you would in a set item, BUT, you might not do that, because, the RARE item might provide additional stats that COULD allow for a more stratigic item for the socket. Meaning, a RARE could free up some uses for other items, where as a set item has fixed stats. They may increase as you find the higher level piece, but you can just look at the Wiki, and that will tell you exactly what you will get. Rare's with the combonation of Uniques, are gonna be the way to go as far as I'm concerned, excpecially when it comes to PVP. Think about Diablo 2 here for a moment. How many people that have played or still play D2, have seen gg char's using a full set in a pvp match? Sure, D2 has runewords, but this game allows you to use the sockets to an even better advantage, and put gg rare amy's and rings in them, allowing a more flexiable char. The problem with rare items is, it's VERY, and I mean VERY hard to find identical rare items to carry you through the game. So, when building a char, you can't possibily know what kind of rare items are in store for you as you level you char. What I have been doing is this. I have been gathering rare items as I go, and hopefully when I get high enough in level, I will have gathered enough rare items to start a new char, and be able to allocate the skills and stats accordingly. Granted, this requires alot of rebuilding, but I'm use to rebuilding chars. It's what I know best, and always prepare for. My theroy is this, a char is never finished, you will always find something that will give you a idea, of a new way to get more out of your current build, forcing to rebuild, and this procedure goes on and on, till one day, a new version of the game comes out, or you have done all you can do.

Anyways, I like this new quest treasure. My kids are more invilved in the game now, and they love it. It may seem irrelivent to me, because of what rare items have to offer, but for them, and any new comer, or HC player for that matter, a place to start, and work towards what the game has to TRUELY offer within the rare items.

Edit: I also hope this was a planned thing. I remeber the days in Sacred 1, and I would hunt down in the desert, and kill just CHAMPIONS, that's right, just CHAMPIONS, and had awesome chances of finding set items. I also feel that the set items in Sacred 1 had more value than the ones in Sacred 2.

Edited by Giggles

No Bit****** from me....am lovin it!

Its a game for heavens sake....if there is any chance at all that they planned this....which is highly unlikely....I only hope there are more special weekends like this.

Bringgg it on!

Zandy

Hands down. I totally agree on what you said about the rare items, Giggles. Sadly, this is not a common policy among most of the players. A lot of great things can be found in a shop. For example, my BFG seraphim was sporting a helm with 140 armor, +3 offensive skills (just checked, and corrected), some other mods and 2 gold sockets at level 49-50, somewhere there. It was worth over 1.5 mil, but anyway... Anyone care to tell me which set helm at level 45-55 can come even close to that? None I say :unsure:

So set items are not paramount... But I do hope if that quest thing stays in the game. It's useful and it's giving options. I like extra options :)

Edited by Dobri
Everyone's doing it. You are doing it as well

Nope :unsure: I can do anything I want in modded single player, there is no reason to do that on closed as well. Plus, my closed toons are filled with gear already, where would I put all these sets?

How many people that have played or still play D2, have seen gg char's using a full set in a pvp match? Sure, D2 has runewords,

No, D2 has dupewords. These are the ones that make set items useless, which are actually rather godly. However, legit people refuse to use dupes so set items are still among the best :)

Nope :) I can do anything I want in modded single player, there is no reason to do that on closed as well. Plus, my closed toons are filled with gear already, where would I put all these sets?

Well, what would I say when I've started playing Sacred 2 online just a week ago? :unsure: I don't have uber equip and I don't have uber chars yet... So I'm loving the opportunity :)

Nope :) I can do anything I want in modded single player, there is no reason to do that on closed as well. Plus, my closed toons are filled with gear already, where would I put all these sets?

Well, what would I say when I've started playing Sacred 2 online just a week ago? :unsure: I don't have uber equip and I don't have uber chars yet... So I'm loving the opportunity :)

I can speak for the people who started a week ago......meeeee!!....an am lovin it...lol

I totally hear ya all....thats why my 52 HE has a mixed bag for armor....even though I have a full set...I had to mix em up to give me the best stats...and for the longest time...I had yellow things on me because they were better.

Now in saying all this...if I go out hunting with some buddies I make sure that I put on a full set ....u know cause it looks real nice....=)

Zandy

Edited by Zandrama
No, D2 has dupewords. These are the ones that make set items useless, which are actually rather godly. However, legit people refuse to use dupes so set items are still among the best :)

I won't go into much detail, but runewords are not duped as common as you think. The runes, thenmselves, might be, but 9 out of 10, the actual runeword/item isn't. What you may be referring to is like the .08Valk helm, and other items that people dupe the crap out of. SOJ's, Anni's, etc. I played Diablo before many people, I played when it was just a demo back in the 90's. I know ALOT of legit players, and they will use most runewords over full sets.

Anyways, the same theroy works here, in it's own way. Rare is better than Set, hands down. BUT, Set is a good STARTER item. Thats why this little quest bug/thing is important to have. So many times when I first started playing Sacred 2, I kept my level 9 armor, just because I couldn't find anything better. Now, people can hunt for a level 15 starter set, and it will last them quite some time, till they can hunt for better, because we all know, level 30 and up, is when things can improve greatly. It's getting to level 30, thats the trick, and it can be very difficult, mainly in HC, where dieing isn't an option. Another thing, to kids, set items are all that matters. When I showed one of my kids, what the Inquisitor looks like with one the the sets on, he imediately wanted to go look for it. He thought it was the coolest looking thing he has ever seen. That's what they care about. (12 year old wise) Then he wanted me to show him the other sets of other chars, and it was just more of a motivation to do it, and play the game. Giving this opportunity, whether it was by accident or on purpose, was the best thing that could have happened for the game. I am seeing alot more people on the US closed servers now. People getting online to look for items, also causes them to spread the word to thier friends. "man, you got to get this game! It is awesome!" This will also cause them to make/find new friends to play the game with, and in turn, causing more to buy and play the game. My kids didn't play Sacred 1 that much, if at all, just because no one was ever online. They wanted to play with others, PERIOD. I'll go upstairs, and one of them will be in a game, and I will ask who they are playing with. They'd say, "some level 60 player." while they are only level 10 or 14. I ask them why. They respond with, because I just want to play with someone. They'd play with me, but I'm a perfectionist, and like to do things in an order or with a purpose. When I log online, I am to better my gear, or improve my char by rebuilding, not to just run around with others, and listen to the voice overs, or watch what my char does when I stand in one spot to long. :unsure: Point being, this probably has to be the biigest improvement on the game yet. I hope it is here to stay, if not, then things will just go back to the way they were before, and my kids will play D2 over this.

I won't go into much detail, but runewords are not duped as common as you think. The runes, thenmselves, might be, but 9 out of 10, the actual runeword/item isn't. What you may be referring to is like the .08Valk helm, and other items that people dupe the crap out of. SOJ's, Anni's, etc. I played Diablo before many people, I played when it was just a demo back in the 90's. I know ALOT of legit players, and they will use most runewords over full sets.

By dupewords I mean using duped runes to make runewords, not just duping runewords.

There are also a few misconceptions about legitness. If you trade for high runes you will get dupes. No legit player can have Enigma + Cta + Last Wish + Infinity +whatever :unsure:

Well I am one that is NOT doing it.....part of the fun for me is completing sets but I want to do it the way it was supposed to be done. To be able to go out and get a set piece from just about any quest cheapens the experience for me. Don't have one piece of a set? - just do a few quests and problem solved. In the end the sets become worthless.

If you're using the exploit and also saying it's wrong, well that doesn't work....it's like going to a restaurant and saying the food was horrible and the portions were small.

Also you cannot complain if another exploit rears it's ugly head. We've already had a niob forge exploit, dryad VD exploit and now this. I'm sure there will be a couple more 'oops' before we are done.

It cheapens HC for me as well...nothing I can do about it so other than this post I won't mention it again.....just another reason why I will probably stop playing this game soon. Just my opinion and not trying to say anyone is right or wrong here, it's just wrong for me