Anca Adelina - Hello

I got a cocktail invitation from Gogoblender, he promised me "home brewed beer and the best poutine in the land". So here I am.

Basically I was searching for a thread to say hello. :(

Carolyn handed me over the fan sites she had to care for. I'm very sure, I will never be able to replace her, I don't even want to. Caro is.. Caro and that's why we love her.

What I can do is to continue the good work and go the devs on the nerves with questions from the community until I get an answer I can come back to you with.

I am the German Community Manager for Sacred 2 and in charge also with the non US/UK sites. Now I got them all since Carolyn had to leave us. I still can't believe it, she was the first person saying "good morning!" in IRC when I logged in every morning. My sneaky plan is to keep her at lest in the chat with us, I can't really imagine Sacred without Carolyn.

Why I choosed this thread to say hello? Well, mostly because I like the fan sites to know who is on the other side and some of the german admins are even visiting me. (and no, I can't cook good and don't have a pool in the garten).

*waves*

normal_IMG_2397.jpg

Leo_3months_02.jpg

(me and my little darling, both pics about 2 years ago)

Anca Adelina

lol Gogo know how to make people came here XD

Welcome on Dark matters Anca :) I'm sure you will do a great job on the sif and with the international community!

Nice pics! I love labradors :heart:

Welcome to DarkMatters Anca! I'm happy you gave me permission to split your into post off from the picture thread. I'm hoping this will give the community a chance to meet up with our new Community Manager. We were privileged to have Carolyn Hacker e able to visit us for over the last few years, and she has made her mark here with with Sacred 2 and her cullinary talents! ^^

I hope you enjoy the sites, and your new responsibilities for Sacred 2. We're many a fan here and especially with the release of the new patch today, a lot of happy faces.

Thank you for coming over to visit us, and please feel free to visit any time.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

p.s. muhahahha... noone can miss that Poutine and home brewed beer invite, eh? :heart:

p.s.s. Hellooooo beautiful dog!

Hi to you too!

That means now that I can directly send to you all bugs I find and have an inside answer A.S.A.P :heart: ?

(well I wish for that , but you can take it as a joke)

I wish you can continue the work that has been done without any serious problems in your way :)

Edited by Spyrus

*answering while hearing the song posted by Scleameth*

Thank you for the warm welcome. :P

Yes Spyrus, you can send me over all the bugs and the exploits you find. I will forward them directly to the devs. I've set up my profile, so all members can send me emails, not only admins.

I was reading in the "new mount" thread and I'm happy to see you liked the Arpil joke. The text is not from me, Christiane (the other german CM) have let her creativity free for that. Was funny to see the reactions all over the world. We had all between "oh cool we get a mount", "1 April...hmm..mount..hmm..1 April..yeah, right" and "zomg, Ascaron has the time for it but not for the patch", tho Chris and me were not working at the patch. :)

It will take a while until I've read all the new forums and even longer until I remember where to find what, but I will do my best to get the time to be up to date with them all.

Hi Anca and welcome....

Though we lost one great community manager I'm sure we just gained another :P Sounds like you're going to be real busy so I'll hold off on all my emails filled with questions (for now) :)

p.s. What's the german word for 'Knuckles' ?

p.s.s where's all the beer, am I too late again?

Welcome to Darkmatters :)

Well, the only thing I can offer that comes close to a "bar" thingy is a very popular Bulgarian drink called rakia :P Katran will know about it, different kinds of it are made all over the Balkans :)

p.s. What's the german word for 'Knuckles'

Knöchel

http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=thM...search=knuckles (you can let the robo-girl read it for you at the right side beside the "Knöchel")

Just throw the questions to me and don't worry if I bug you with more questions about the issues in return. The devs always want to reproduce them and ask what exactly you did before, where did you click etc.

Btw Caro is not completely gone, you can still find her under the Account Dagirl in the forum. :P

What an honour! Welcome Anca. It's such a pleasure to see read your intro. And wonderful pictures. :)

It looks like you're going to be very busy with your new administration of the SIF on top of your present duties on the GSF. All I want to know is how do you do it and what's your secret?! I sure hope you have a nice vacation planned for the summer.

Something that's always had my curiousity is about what sort of posts go up on the GSF. I'm always curious about what kind of discoveries are talked about on the German forum. Is there anything you have read recently that you thought was fun and interesting? Some kind of secret that was discovered about the game maybe? :P

welcome to the forum Anca :(

im the officale Loony Toon here so take care ;)

grüss got und biss bald hoffe dich im spiel zu sehen ^^ <-- sorry for my rusty german ussualy better :D

All I want to know is how do you do it and what's your secret?! I sure hope you have a nice vacation planned for the summer.

Something that's always had my curiousity is about what sort of posts go up on the GSF. I'm always curious about what kind of discoveries are talked about on the German forum. Is there anything you have read recently that you thought was fun and interesting? Some kind of secret that was discovered about the game maybe? :pitcher:

Sadly no long vacantion planed. That's the downside of the job. I take short vacantions when I get the chance (for example next week I drive to my parents, they did not see me since about a half an year). For that time you can contact Christiane Clarenbach, she is the other german CM (c.clarenbach@ascaron.com).

What the people write on the GSF.. good question and would take ages to answer it. Mostly the german players write similar thread like the intl community. They are fascinated by the tech part of the game and try to find out formulas and relationships betweens skills and atributes. Very often we have huge threads about a computer issue, where everyone is writing his experiences inside. The majority of them gets solved by new drivers or are explained by the fact that certain hardware components are broken or parts of the text files are changed by hand. We have also many threads about bug hunting with nice explanations inside and the usual "I dont like Sacred because.." and "I love Sacred because.." threads.

welcome to the forum Anca :cow_white:

im the officale Loony Toon here so take care :cow_white:

grüss got und biss bald hoffe dich im spiel zu sehen ^^ <-- sorry for my rusty german ussualy better :cow_white:

Grüß Gott Epox. :cow_white: Normaly that's something you say in south Germany, the norh part says mostly "moin moin", which is coming from "good morning", just in shorter form and said double (god knows why).

Greetings,

Anca

the norh part says mostly "moin moin"...

Ohhhh people are going to hate me for this, but do family gatherings sound something like this ? :pitcher:

ROFL that's avesome! Not exactly like that since not all the people use it. Additional to it, in the link they say "mein" which means "mine". :cow_white: (and they say it far tooo slow. When the people from the north germany say that it sounds like "moimoi").

Anyway, all the "hello"s are right, this one is just funny and after your link even more :cow_white:

The old people in the village I live say still "Gut'n Tach" (from "Guten Tag" - Good day) making the "ch" sounding like you step on a cat and she hisses at you. *gg*

Hi Anca :whistle:

nice to see you here (=rhino from german board) in north germany we say "moin moin" only in the morning and "moin" the rest of the day...

and we drink better beer than the south.... :drinks:

• 3 months later...

I didn't think that the good bye post will follow that soon, but as it seems, Koch Media takes over the forums and the game, and the old Ascaron/Studio2 people have to go. It's not a fault of Koch Media, I'm happy they continue the work with Sacred and even happy they send a CM over. I was afraid to let the community alone, but since I heard they have one for the forum, I feel better. The CM Pixel is the community manager of Risen (another game from Koch Media), I hope he know what bunch of work comes to him. :)

The devs are saying goodbye in the german forum, I posted my goodbye thread there and in the SiF.. there is not much I can do here any more, unless the new CM will contact me for details.

I was hoping the old team gets back (Caro, Christiane and me) but it seems the financial aspect was too strong in the whole Sacred 2 story and the team disbanded one after one.

Farewell dear Dark Matters, I'm sure we will meet again one day, maybe in the next game.

*waves*

Anca