The attack bug pointed out by cthulhu

Dobri

Yes holding control is a solve to close and ranged combat. What I do to solve this little problem until it gets fixed is hold control THEN attack. I can then release the control button and as long as I hold the LMB my dryad will attack where ever I point my mouse. I just highlight targets and kill them. The only thing is you CAN'T RMB and fire your Combat Arts. When I want to do that I release my LMB and then hit RMB then hold control and make sure my mouse isn't over anything and start firing again. Anyway, that's how I'm getting around it. It is a very annoying glitch that has almost cost me my life a few times.

Well, I press the left or right click if I want to CArting but I do circle movements around me all the time,so as to re-focus the mouse pointer.

It works better this way, but this way I played also prior 2.4.

You could try it and tell me how it went

I do circle movements around me all the time,so as to re-focus the mouse pointer.

Haha. I do that too. Right click and hold then circle movements. Been doing that since patch release 2.34 and I'm finding that it doesn't work as well since 2.40 unfortunately.

I did do some more testing Spyrus but I'm having a bit of a hrad time. I tried to duplicate this problem with a Shadow Warrior and High Elf but just can't seem to make this problem occur based on the seam lines I mentioned in a previous post above. It makes me think that it's specific to the Inquisitor but then again I've had a lot of targeting trouble with casting spells on targets using my High Elf in the past...

This one is very hard to pin point. Hopefully I can get a Dev to help me out but please if anyone is working on this don't stop. We definitely need help on this one. If an attack fails to execute have a look at your surroundings and if you happen to notice a pattern by all means please post. :whistle:

The Seraphim seems to have a similar problem. Maybe it's my play style... I have a hard time changing it :whistle: She also seems to get stuck around the seem lines and even her ability, assailing sommersault fails from time to time. I executed it from a long, moderate and short distance. In 50% of the tests the cooldown timer just reset and she didn't perform it at all. This means she should have done it - but for some reason she wasn't allowed to. If a CA can't be performed it just can't - no timer reset occurs :drinks:

• 2 months later...

This bug seems to be on the Xbox360 version too. My Dryad seems to continue to fire arrows even when I'm not holding down any buttons. Fortunatly it lasts only a few seconds but still very irritating -_-

I wonder if this prob is similar to my SW using Belligerent Vault....It will fail almost all the time in combat unless I come to a complete stop and then only rmb. Though interestingly, it works almost all the time if I'm not in combat mode

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but..were the input problems ever fixed?

Problems I had noticed in 2.4x:

1. RMB on invalid target (e.g. ground, rock, tree) causes game to ignore next RMB.

2. LMB held down: game occasionally "forgets" target though character keeps swinging.

3. Area of Effect range check fails badly when used on hills.

4. Harpies and bats had really weird hitboxes (in melee).

Strangely, where the cursor is on the monster seems to affect hit rate. Holding it down just beyond the middle of the enemy (e.g. away from the player, in 3D space!) seems to improve hit rate. Sometimes this fixed the recurring problem where I would swung 10 times at the last enemy without connecting.