Acute Mind Bug

Schot and I just did some testing right now for Acute Mind and here are some interesting info:

-Always try and run it NOT in a combo unless you're playing alone and not partied with someone else.

If you run it in a combo the following will happen depending:

If person you are partied with is onscreen...you will get no effect from the Acute...and they will get a very small percentage of what your own boost is supposed to be

If person you are partied with is beyond your field of vision... YOU will get the boost...he will get nothing

If your distance from the person you are partied with is on the edge of his vision and you cast acute... THE GAME WILL MAKE YOU AUTORUN TO YOUR PARTY MEMBER AND AUTO CAST THE SPELL

;)

...and HE will get the partial boost

errr... bug?

:rolleyes:

gogo

Works the same way with hallowed restoration on the Seraphim when in a party...It is quite annoying when you want something done to your character and you figure out that your party member is getting a weakened version of it.

StiCk_eM

If your distance from the person you are partied with is on the edge of his vision and you cast acute... THE GAME WILL MAKE YOU AUTORUN TO YOUR PARTY MEMBER AND AUTO CAST THE SPELL

:)

...and HE will get the partial boost

errr... bug?

:rolleyes:

gogo

Mine! Aaaaaall miiiiine. So um, yah. If your an HE and your party buddy is a Dryad make sure to keep a close eye on the Dryad. If she tries to run off then chase after her. That Acute Mind is gold! :D

Oh and like what tha heck is up with that boost to Intelligence huh?! Intelligence 9700?!?!. :) No wait, wrong emoticon... Ok. ;) My HE is soooo jealous. ^^

When I looked at the boost from the Dryad's AM... I thought big deal.

When I looked at the reduction from the Dryad's Black Curse (BC), I thought again, big deal.

However, it the boost are that big... then they actually will affect damage dealt. So. The changes are that big probably because you're only get 0.1 damage/point of intelligence.

So: gogo with his high level dryad is altering damage by 970? (or is it just 97?)

And... again: level of CA might not produce a linear result... Niob level AM might be just 970 damage... but it that is one each spike of Epi lances... woo hoo!

So. Black Curse might be quite effective against a Glacial Thorn casting opponent!

Edited by FrostElfGuard

Brad, you keep yer hands off that bug report... us dryads gotta live our lives!

;)

heh, Dave, it's actually a pretty insane boost

My int is 519 and with Acute Mind boost it goes to 9078...and that's only with one of the plus to int mods chosen for Acute... don't wanna even imagine how high it would go with both chosen :D

And the damage coming off the two staves which mod intelligence into melee damage, with boost going is: 27767 -31051 per hit with Darting Assault. This can go out to sixteen peeps at once, so pretty much makes it a one hit mob killer, even on a server last night in gold with nine peeps on.

The int buff affects the Vines, thorns, pretty much anything that runs off int as spell damage.

Schot...you don't go near this...I'm warning you

:)

gogo

Still you should be pretty careful while hunting. A random reflection and the dryad is a toast... That boost is just way too big.

With great power, come great responsibilities. With great bugs, come great 1-shot kamikaze deaths ;)

Edited by Dobri