My Journey to level 200 on Closed Net HC

locolagarto

Loco's GranCañón

I decided to share my journey to level 200 with all of you good friends here. It will be a long process but I think I am off to a good start. I started this Character Jan 25, 2010 and I am at level 103 as of today. This is more of a Journal of my progress than a build guide as there have been many BFG builds and this one is not unique. It s just my version of it.

After many unsuccessful attempts to get a fun-to-play character that I thought really had all the power and defense to make it to niob. I decided to try an old build that I had successfully run to Niob and finished the Niob Campaign by level 100 in just 48 game hours on my Xbox this summer, the BFG Seraphim. It is a simple Character to play, I just shoot everything that moves. And with proper gear and socket management can become almost invincible at higher levels. It is not an extremely dynamic playstyle, which is fine for me, as I like the speed and power killing ability over tactics and using many Combat Art and combos to kill a Boss.

This Character started life at level 8 from a boost by my level 72 HE. Level 8 seems a great start point as you get to pick your first 4 skills right from the start. It is loosely based on other BFG's that have come before, however, Dobri's Comprehensive Guide to the BFG Seraphim, was my primary reference for skills and mod choices. I have made some of my own changes to reflect the Ice and Blood changes to +all skills and the extra danger the monsters in Ice and Blood present that wasn't around in 2.40.

Skills

Since I was starting at level 8 my first skill choices were easy.

Level 2: Concentration.png Concentration

It was my first mastery as I planned to use 3 buffs as soon as possible. I got it to level and stayed there until 75. It helped a ton with getting my regens down early in game

Level 3: Constitution.png Constitution

for the extra hit points. and at mastery we want the active hp regen. Master as close to level 75 as you can

Level 25: Toughness.png Toughness

adds base elemental armor to all channels- combined with the armor bonus from Arnor lore this is nice to have. plus the reduction in enemy damage is nice. will master later probably #6

Level 65: BeeEffGee.png BeeEffGee

Enhancement - Damage

Enhancement - More damage

Accuracy- chance to hit

Warding Energy.png Warding Energy

Field Force - increase the shield energy

Magic Mirror - chance to reflect Combat Arts

Resource - reduce regen penalty

Divine Protection.png Divine Protection

Capacity

Boost

Improved Mirror

Equipment

Head - Niokaste Grace or Chestplate of Fury

Shoulders - Niokaste or Gown of the Celestial for the Mitigation

Arms - Niokaste for Direct Damage or wristguards of Dusk

Chest - Garment of the Celestial for the Mitigation

Wings - Endigans for the Mitigation

Belt - Niokaste

Legs - Sophias Protection 3 sockets and chance to evade and run speed

Boots - the Endijans for the run speed or Niokaste

Gloves - Endijans

Socketables

I started early with socketing Battle Stance and BFG runes. this gave me the bonuses without the regen penalty. at about level 75 I started replacing runes in gear with Base Damage, Death Blow, XP per kill, Chance to Hit, BFG, multi-channel DOTand +All skills. The original Dobri build relied a bit on +all skills. since they are nerfed in Ice and Blood I have only about +20 to all skills on this build so far. My Xbox build had about +85 by level 100. I can see that I need to start adding chance to evade and defense as my opponents chance to hit is in the 20-30% range in Niob at level 100 and I would like to see it hit single digits. There's no better defense than "Don't Get Hit". As I have had the luxury of good bargainers at level 30,60,100 finding jewels to socket has been easy. After 100 I may be on my own for socketing what I can pick up or get from friends

Play and Combat Arts

I use Pelting Strike exclusively. it sends two shots out automatically whether you need it or not. anything that doesn't die on the first hit dies on the second( with deathblow)

I use Dashing for additional run speed when neccesary and it gave me 150% attack, cast and run speed by level 75. I no longer need it for attack and cast as Ranged Weapon is taking care of that now.

I had Dashing and Divine Protection in a combo until level 75 when I started using Warding Energy buff. Now I keep that combo just for Boss fights. just when your shield drops to Zero I hit the combo and get 100% back, if they take that down I hit my divine gift which is Forense. I had to use it for the 4th Guadian in Platinum. he hit me with a crit and reflected back on himself killing himself just as I was about to run screaming out the door.

Leveling so far has been pretty much just grinding. I made about 20 levels the first weekend grinding next to Gogoblender. That was a blast! I have run the silver, gold, and Platinum camps solo. Other than the boost to level 8 I haven't taken advantage of any exploits or tricks, yet. I spent a good part of my level 20's and 30's in the Cursed Forest running quests. I killed the Abishai at level 30 and 37. That was cool! Run and shoot, run like hell :sigh: and shoot some more.

This is what I have so far. I will post updates as I get more skills mastered and see how the progress is going.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe the name sounds weird :cry: . I'm sure you have asked it to your wife :cry:

I have been naming most of my builds with spanish words. The gramar is probably backwards, at least that's what my wife tells me. Like my nic name was supposed to be crazy dragon and I couldn't get it quite right. I ended up with "alligator crazy" because the picture of the dragon I showed my wife looked more like a alligator to her. :sigh: Google Translate gave me the name from the english "Huge Cannon" and it sounded cool.

Google Translator is usually a images.jpg but it gave you a really good traduction. Man I'm dying to play with you all. I have to speak to warriorc and ask him how did he change lobby :sigh:

Like my nic name was supposed to be crazy dragon and I couldn't get it quite right. I ended up with "alligator crazy" because the picture of the dragon I showed my wife looked more like a alligator to her. :(

lol. Too funny loco.

This will be an interesting topic to keep up on loco. Very nice and a great level to start it at. I've seen your Cannon in action and I must say that she shows tremendous power. She is an awesome candidate for reaching level 200. Break a leg! :D

Like my nic name was supposed to be crazy dragon and I couldn't get it quite right. I ended up with "alligator crazy" because the picture of the dragon I showed my wife looked more like a alligator to her. :(

lol. Too funny loco.

This will be an interesting topic to keep up on loco. Very nice and a great level to start it at. I've seen your Cannon in action and I must say that she shows tremendous power. She is an awesome candidate for reaching level 200. Break a leg! :D

she is coming along nicely. I got to level 106 just now. I was grinding on Niob and the Eyeballs in Cursed Forest were just too much for my defenses, so I came back down to Platinum. I have held back on the Focus skills in favor of the defense ( and lack of +10 all skills like I had on Xbox) she is not doing as much damage as my Xbox version did. but I think once I start raising the focus level she is gonna bang! I have 200 runes in BFG but only Combat Art level of 80. that gives me a weapon level of 170 on the BFG which is cool. 310-425 damage. another 150-150 base damage in sockets. She is gonna do just fine. I still only have 3 runes into Pelting so when I finally get done adding to my Battle Stance and Warding energy buffs that is gonna really start to rock.

gonna do some shopping now and look for ideal rings and ammys with just the stuff I need in nice combos. gonna take a while but with 18-20 sockets I can really get her going with the right stuff.

I love this thread Loco! I had been toying around for months past about the idea of us running guide blogs for developing characters. We'd had a run with something like this with another game we were playing a few years back and it really brought out some creativity. You've now combined your knack for writing with your zest for builds for Sacred 2 and have highlighted it via blog. Course, I feel like I'm a part of your story ( I am! :)) and reading about your adventures brings out part of toon building that regular guides may miss out on. I'll follow this wonderbabe's adventures and look forward to the crowning glory of a level 200 party.

:)

gogo

p.s. Don't forget the most important rule... Pix or it didn't happen! :whip:

Like my nic name was supposed to be crazy dragon and I couldn't get it quite right. I ended up with "alligator crazy" because the picture of the dragon I showed my wife looked more like a alligator to her. :whip:

lol. Too funny loco.

This will be an interesting topic to keep up on loco. Very nice and a great level to start it at. I've seen your Cannon in action and I must say that she shows tremendous power. She is an awesome candidate for reaching level 200. Break a leg! :)

she is coming along nicely. I got to level 106 just now. I was grinding on Niob and the Eyeballs in Cursed Forest were just too much for my defenses, so I came back down to Platinum. I have held back on the Focus skills in favor of the defense ( and lack of +10 all skills like I had on Xbox) she is not doing as much damage as my Xbox version did. but I think once I start raising the focus level she is gonna bang! I have 200 runes in BFG but only Combat Art level of 80. that gives me a weapon level of 170 on the BFG which is cool. 310-425 damage. another 150-150 base damage in sockets. She is gonna do just fine. I still only have 3 runes into Pelting so when I finally get done adding to my Battle Stance and Warding energy buffs that is gonna really start to rock.

gonna do some shopping now and look for ideal rings and ammys with just the stuff I need in nice combos. gonna take a while but with 18-20 sockets I can really get her going with the right stuff.

Hey Loco, did you socket ~40% Absorption Warding Energy jewelry? That should keep those eyes at bay :) Master WEL fast, find yourself some +all skills/+Max shield energy and crown yourself king.. ehr.. Lady of the Forest!

Love the story:D Keep writing. Don't forget that I can shop for you with a 156 Temple Guardian and level 200 seraphim. I'd be happy to help you on the journey :D

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Well I made it to level 108 today. Late last night....er.. early this morning I put together a complete set of Revelation of the Seraphim. I used Endijan wings for the Mitigation. I am up to 32% mitigation. and now I have 2.0% LL combined with the BFG. Bosses are dropping really quick. funny thing I noticed today was the Lords. both the poison lord and ice lord took no damage only LL. I wander if it was a display bug or a glitch. Leveling is gonna start getting slower now I can tell already. I am picking up lots of sets. I am trying to play in Niob so that the sets have better mods. a level 120 niob set has the same mods as a level 135 plat set. so I would rather find 135 Niob. Boss hunting has never been my favorite thing, I would rather quest, but with a gun that does 20K per hit + 2.0% LL I am starting to like the Bosses

'til tomorrow.

see ya

Well I made it to level 108 today. Late last night....er.. early this morning I put together a complete set of Revelation of the Seraphim. I used Endijan wings for the Mitigation. I am up to 32% mitigation. and now I have 2.0% LL combined with the BFG. Bosses are dropping really quick. funny thing I noticed today was the Lords. both the poison lord and ice lord took no damage only LL. I wander if it was a display bug or a glitch. Leveling is gonna start getting slower now I can tell already. I am picking up lots of sets. I am trying to play in Niob so that the sets have better mods. a level 120 niob set has the same mods as a level 135 plat set. so I would rather find 135 Niob. Boss hunting has never been my favorite thing, I would rather quest, but with a gun that does 20K per hit + 2.0% LL I am starting to like the Bosses

'til tomorrow.

see ya

Looking good loco. Keep up the spirit! As for the new Lords they are quite interesting. They will only take damage from a single element type except for the Flame Lord I think. The Earth and Poison Lords are only affected by Magic Damage and the Ice Lord only by Fire damage.

'til tomorrow.

see ya

Looking good loco. Keep up the spirit! As for the new Lords they are quite interesting. They will only take damage from a single element type except for the Flame Lord I think. The Earth and Poison Lords are only affected by Magic Damage and the Ice Lord only by Fire damage.

I'm am doing 97% phys with no mod gloves on. I guess all those poison lord runs with gogo I was only hitting for LL and he was doing the magic damage.

Hey Loco, did you socket ~40% Absorption Warding Energy jewelry? That should keep those eyes at bay :) Master WEL fast, find yourself some +all skills/+Max shield energy and crown yourself king.. ehr.. Lady of the Forest!

Love the story:D Keep writing. Don't forget that I can shop for you with a 156 Temple Guardian and level 200 seraphim. I'd be happy to help you on the journey :)

Greetz

Seras need +50% absorbtion bonus if I well remember, Warding energy buff have only 50% absorbtion base. :happy:

Edited by Woody

Love the story:D Keep writing. Don't forget that I can shop for you with a 156 Temple Guardian and level 200 seraphim. I'd be happy to help you on the journey :)

Greetz

Seras need +50% absorbtion bonus if I well remember, Warding energy buff have only 50% absorbtion base. :happy:

that is correct woody 50% is the base. I have about 29% socketed so the shield is taking the most damage. with LL and Constitution mastery my HP is very good right now. Warding Lore will be my next to master so I have max energy to use up before my HP takes a hit. currently have about 15K HP and 21K energy shield. started using Willpower attribute points last night after Spunky mentioned it raises energy shield.

And that brings up and interesting question that no one really knows the answer to. "What exactly does Spell Resistance do?" my theory is that is is the equivalent to Defense value except it is for combat arts instead of weapon attacks. With Ice and Blood I think it could end up being very important against many of our bosses and new enemies like the Eyeballs and dragonflys that cast Combat Arts to hit you will LL. if you could evade the Combat Art you could avoid the LL?

Spell Resistance is pretty much the opposite of Spell Intensity. Or so I've convinced myself, haha. A point that complicates matters is that it seems as though Ascaron couldn't decide on some basic key words such as Combat Arts, Spells or Magical Effects. I've seen all three terms used to describe the exact same thing. As for Spell Resistance vs. enemy Combat Arts I'm doubtful that it can effectively block since I did try exactly that against Demonic Eye's and Draconic Dragonfly's. I wasn't seeing any difference with my Grim Resilience on or off. Chance to reflect: Combat Arts did work well however.

Personally I just avoid them completely unless I need to get through them to reach the Fields of Eternal Pain. Then I just move carefully until I'm past the leechers. They aren't worth the experience. Contructs FTW! :)

P.s.

Willpower seems to sum up Spell Resistance fairly well. As to if it is doing what it is supposed to... That's another question.

Very good explanation friend, you need very patience for finish in level 200 killing enemies ono for one^^. This is the raison I don´t use Seraphim, but you are more persistent than I.

Congratulations for this work and for your seraphim.

Greetings

P.D.: Munera you have a private message.

I just dinged on level 117. Made a few changes to my gear. most notable was a change from Endijans's wings with Mitigation to Revelation of Seraphim with DOT. this allowed me to keep my LL% bonus while changing damage type with gloves.

I ran the Niob camp from Octopus to Desert today and last night. With 17K HP and 30K shield. LL and Constitution mastery for HP regen. nothing has even touched my health. The octopus, Conarch and Xanthiar all collapse so fast with 20K damage and 2.0% LL doing about 20K LL. This Gun is really impressing me.

I realized also that if I cast Divine Protection on top of Warding Energy buff I get close to 80K on my shield energy.

So its getting harder to level now. I have 38% XP per kill but seems like I need 100% more. I need to find that nice grove like Barris did for his XP runs

The fight goes on! sleep a little and start again tomorrow.

so its getting harder to level now. I have 38% XP per kill but seems like I need 100% more. I need to find that nice grove like Barris did for his XP runs

The fight goes on! sleep a little and start again tomorrow.

I'll start to trade more for you @ level 119. :P

When getting over level 100 it seems to take ages to level up as you will get less XP per kill with every level, making a XP suit and mix in some questing/boss runs now and then will certainly make the leveling better and not sleep inducing.

Could you get some XP jewelries for me too Woody?

Heya,

that is where EP would have been a lifesaver. experience on gear enhanced by every point in EP makes a quick 200-300% XP kit. But.... that too has limits, and in the end you'll end up under 1K for most mobs.

Best thing there is as Spunky said... find yourself a suitable run that has lots of XP and YOU like doing.

The Cursed forest chain has the best XP, the first four parts can be done in 2-3 minutes. At high levels that is 1million in 2-3 minutes. Doing that over and over is a bore tho... so include some bosses (Guardians) and some other fun quests. Make sure you survive easily in a full server... company is what helps best imo.

Good luck, doing great!

Greetz

A good run to do :

In dryad Island, go on Slain Antaigh, and enter in the Girvym cave.

Kills monsters in this order :

Animals -> Bloodryads -> Elementals -> Mini dragons -> Dragon boss

Go out of the cave with the mini portal and re-enter in it to respawn everything : now you've the same number of monsters, and a new fresh dragon boss !

Mob-runs + Bossruns with good experience respawnable in the same cave ! :P

Edited by Woody