an Introduction

Hello to my new community, hopefully! ;)

I am totally new to the D.A.R.K. Forums. Infact, totally new to Sacred 2 as well.

I will not be using an introduction guideline as I feel it takes away from creativity. Hopefully my imagination is up to the task at hand!

I live in the United States, Oregon to be more accurate. I am not a spring chicken anymore. Married with children. Work like most people, except every now and again my alter ego shows a smile in the mirror. During the day I work from 8-12 hours. The 8 hour days I have more time for my alter ego: the one who has an insatiable appetite for gameing. The 12 hour grind while during the day are long and grueling. I spend more time with my family. I call it the alter ego balance. Some may know this as: "if moma aint happy, aint nobody happy."

As a child, I loved games of all making. While in High School, I found this game called Diablo :D . A different PC game based on D&D rules/guidelines. I am ashamed to say I have been stuck on this particular game for over 10 years now. Following it through its various versions, updates, patches, expansions. I only say ashamed because now I have to admit, I have had a closed eye non-visual for over 10 years.

Not long ago while researching online. I had this idea...an idea I had not had in quite some time! This idea was to Google "RPG PC games". At first nothing looked all to interesting. In fact, quite boring with the same spam ideas, gamestyle, in game visuals, etc. As time went on I was considering sticking to the game I had enjoyed for so many years.

Then out of nowhere...like a bomb had gone off: :D

SACRED 2 ICE & BLOOD

:this simple advertisment was up on the far right of my screen. I simply left clicked the ICON.

To my amazment. Whats this? Something new and refreshing. Everything I had been looking for not really even knowing that I was looking. Afterall, if your going to leave behind so many years of enjoyment for something different and refreshing, it had better be AMAZING! Dont you agree?

A few days later, here I am...still very patiently waiting for my massive adventure to arrive via Postal Service. Spending much time on these forums, reading and trying to memorize as much as possible. Trying to grasp what it is exaclty I am about to get myself (and my family) into.

Cheers to you all! I welcome you, I hope you welcome me! As I have proven to myself before with Diablo...once in...I am in for the duration!

Edited by Etherian

Welcome indeed, Etherian!

Glad you found us. Our alter egos are anxiously awaiting yours on closed net HC. :D

Seriously once you get your game, many of us here will be very willing to give you a hand anyway we can.

A great introduction Jason. Seems like we both share passion for gaming that seems to have attached itself to us at young age... don't look like it's going away anywhere soon ^^

Cool how google led you to the gold mine... are you still waiting for Gold to arrive then?

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:D

gogo

"if moma aint happy, aint nobody happy."

Ain't that the truth. Welcome and be merry, any troubles you have just ask.

A great introduction Jason. Seems like we both share passion for gaming that seems to have attached itself to us at young age... don't look like it's going away anywhere soon ^^

Cool how google led you to the gold mine... are you still waiting for Gold to arrive then?

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Yes GoGo still waiting! Almost to the point of...well I am sure many of you know how this may feel. I may have made a mistake however. I tried to buy the full on gore version through UK amazon. Amazon kept coming back, "this product is not allowed in your region." After a few attempts, I googled more...finally found a website @ play-asia.com. They would sell me the full on gore version. I have gambled. Meaning, this version could be in English or Japanesse language. Again I only found out about the different regions and languages post my purchase. I really had no idea. My previous game: Diablo 2 LoD, one merely has to select a regional port. This regional port already has the appropriate language associated to the specific region.

In close, the gamble could be great and have English language. If it has Japanesse.... O_o. If it is O_o, how do I get a hold of the full on gore, UK version over in the United States? Not the downloadable version. I would much prefer the hard box with manual!

I will keep my family here posted.

I remain, Etherian

This game is a bit tricky etherian. I remember having to haggle quite a few times with different suppliers to even get underworld delivered to me... in the end I actually couldn't find anyone that would deliver it to us here in Canada...I had to have my parents order it to their place in the states and then parcel mail it to me here in Montreal

o_O

If you're at end with getting the game, you can order Sacred 2 Gold download right from the link showing at the bottom or top of this forum or in my sig. It's where we've gotten all our latest copies of the game, though if you are looking for Box EU, Amazon is probably way to go... I like boxes too...but lately I've gotten kind of addicted to getting the game asap...it's addictive ^^

gogo

Welcome to DarkMatters!

gogo

Yes GoGo still waiting! Almost to the point of...well I am sure many of you know how this may feel. I may have made a mistake however. I tried to buy the full on gore version through UK amazon. Amazon kept coming back, "this product is not allowed in your region." After a few attempts, I googled more...finally found a website @ play-asia.com. They would sell me the full on gore version. I have gambled. Meaning, this version could be in English or Japanesse language. Again I only found out about the different regions and languages post my purchase. I really had no idea. My previous game: Diablo 2 LoD, one merely has to select a regional port. This regional port already has the appropriate language associated to the specific region.

In close, the gamble could be great and have English language. If it has Japanesse.... O_o. If it is O_o, how do I get a hold of the full on gore, UK version over in the United States? Not the downloadable version. I would much prefer the hard box with manual!

I will keep my family here posted.

I remain, Etherian

A friend if mine bought it on Ebay. Just look for UK-version.

Found the item on ebay as you mentioned Loco. Funny, I actually searched ebay before the purchase from play-asia. At the time, there where none listed, they where all N. America format. As of 04/15/10, I found as many as 1 could want all in UK format. If the gamble comes back in a blaze. I will certainly buy the UK format off ebay!

Off topic somewhat....

Does a hardcopy manual / strategy guide exist anywhere? I have searched high and low online and come back empty.

Thanks to all who have responded. :D

I remain, Etherian

Edited by Etherian
Does a hardcopy manual / strategy guide exist anywhere? I have searched high and low online and come back empty.

Thanks to all who have responded. :D

I remain, Etherian

There is no hardcopy manual stategy guide available, but if you'd print these forums you'd have one :sob:

Haha, so true. I don't know if there is any kind of game manual out there for Sacred 2 but in all truth... Nothing is going to beat the combined knowledge of FDM and the sacredwiki. :)

Great intro and welcome aboard! :)

Thx to all who have responded! I feel very welcome here! :(

To further keep everyone up to date. I am still waiting for game to arrive via postal service. Grueling to say the least... :D

As I read on these forums. I have noticed a great need. A need for actual full poster size or smaller, detailed maps of Ancaria. I have the idea of taking a trip down to my local print shop. "Mails, Copy & More". There they can upload images, print detailed versions of the maps we all see here on the FDM & SacredWiki. I am curious as to how much these various maps will cost to produce, in detail, on high end museum quality parchment paper. 100mill or higher grade. These will be fantastic to have on my wall as a reference!

Just an idea for anyone interested. If the demand is there. I will further post printing options & cost.

I remain, Etherian

Welcome Etherian.

I have had the same idea to print the map. I have a company here who will print A2 size for $25 (200gsm). A2 is roughly 16.5 x 23.4 in (or 420x594mm). They also do A1 and A0 for $30 and $35 respectively.

My only issue is finding a copy of the map in PDF format. I am fairly sure I have a copy of the original map, but it would be useful to be able to print the new areas from the addon.

If you find one, please let me know!

Alright alright, haha. I'll post something tonight guys. ^^ I do have some experimental pdf versions of the map. I just haven't had time to go to the printers in order to figure out how best to set up the image for print. I'll start up a topic and maybe you guys could test out what I have. :)

Alright alright, haha. I'll post something tonight guys. ^^ I do have some experimental pdf versions of the map. I just haven't had time to go to the printers in order to figure out how best to set up the image for print. I'll start up a topic and maybe you guys could test out what I have. :)

I deal with printers and setting up files for print on a daily basis. Let me know if you have any questions.

Ah that's great dreeft. I'll be sure to take advantage of your knowledge in the new topic. :) I'll have to post it tomorrow though. Large uploads... :/

May want to pin the new topic Schot? We all know it will be vastly epic in popularity!

From what I have seen and read within the FDM. I know Schot has mad skills to compile a solid PDF. :)

I remain, Etherian

Haha, well we shall soon see. PDF is not one of my strong points. ^^ Slight delay on the topic guys. The package is uploaded but I need to type out the topic which is slow going due to an injury of both my arms. Ugh... Just wanted to pop a quickie that I'm workin on it. :)