Loco's La Chusa, Angel Of Death (Ice & Blood)

la Chusa

In the Hispanic folklore, Lechusa or la Chusa is a winged female figure resembling an owl that takes people's souls away when they are going to die.

If you whistle, and La Chusa returns the call, according to the myth death is near. You would know she was near from the sounds of her huge wings beating on a nearby window. If La Chusa could be captured and see the sun rise she would evolve into a beautiful young woman.

In some parts of Mexico it is said that they capture these birds with green vines and in the morning they transform back into women only to be burned at the stake. This is said only to happen in small remote towns.

Planning

My main purpose for this build was to make a fun character that was dynamic enough to never get boring. So I made a list of things I thought the build would need. I knew I needed to have multiple aspects for both a dynamic play style as well as multiple buffs for defense. I tryed a Celestial/Rev Tech w/ magic staffs, I had taken AntiTrust's Queen of Blades to level 124 on Console and I had already taken a Rev/Exalted (Dobri's BFG) to level 155 with my Canon build. So I got to thinking about all the CAs that I really liked about the Seraphim. Once I had a short list of Combat Arts that would satisfy my lust for adventure I made a list of criteria I wanted to accomplish.

1. It had to be a fast starter, so a Melee dual wield build would be good.

2. It had to be able to level sufficiently at higher levels(+125) so Area of Effect seemed a must.

3. It needed to be very heavy on defense ( Or even approach Demi-God, As my Canon has). So buffs with good defensive bonuses was important.

4. It had to be able to take bosses solo, so some form of LL% either by weapon or Armor Sets.

So with my criteria in mind, I set out to build The Angel of Death, la Chusa. This build was tested in SP with a modified balance file to increase XP per kill by x10 to accelerate the testing (more on my testing experience later). I borrowed many parts from many builds(Most of them pre-Ice and Blood). This build will have access to a chest full of goodies, although, it could be run from an empty chest (as I did with my SP test char), it is not intended to have any bargaining. It will rely very heavily on buffs and will need Buff Suits to keep Regen levels low, while allowing maximum Damage and Defense potential from Buffs.

Skills

Level 2 Tactics Lore.pngTactics Lore Get to level and keep it there until 75. This will give us much needed weapon damage and mod points for Exalted Warrior aspect.

Level 3 Armor Lore.pngArmor Lore We will need to get this up to level until 75. The regen penalty from armor will be maintained by keeping this at level until 75. As well as the damage absorption and ability to wear higher level items.

Level 5 Dual Wield.pngDual Wield I plan on using dual Orc shocks at early levels. We will need to get this up to level until 75. This wil give us attack speed, base attack value, and at mastery chance for double hit. Once your attack speed is at 150, we can let this alone intil later. But master for the Double hit will be huge for boss fights.

Level 8 Exalted Warrior Focus.pngExalted Warrior Focus This is our early level Aspect. Once the first 3 skills are at level the spare points will go here until we have enough mod points for 3 CAs. We can stop at 21 points until later levels.

Level 12 Concentration.pngConcentration Only one point here for now until after level 75, then we can master this for 3 buffs if we want to. This will allow us to get our Warding Energy buff up and then Cleansing Brilliance later.

Level 18 Revered Technology Focus.pngRevered Technology Focus This is our utility aspect for Warding Energy Buff. 9 points for now to mod Warding Energy. Later we can take it to 31 points to mod flaring nova.

Level 25 Celestial Magic Focus.pngCelestial Magic Focus This will be our late game aspect. Area of Effect damage will replace Pelting strike as our main leveling attacks. 21 points to mod Radiant Pillar and Cleansing Brilliance. The rest of the mod points will come from Celestial Magic lore.

Level 35 Damage Lore.pngDamage Lore We will use this for additional Dot from Radiant Pillar and Flaring Nova and our Weapon attacks. And with Mastery it should be awesome.

Level 50 Warding Energy Lore.pngWarding Energy Lore Warding Energy will be our second buff and this Skill will greatly increase its effectiveness.

Level 65 Celestial Magic Lore.pngCelestial Magic Lore This skill will really start to pump up the damage from Radiant Pillar. (Master this Fifth)

Attributes

Since we will not be taking constitution we will need to put all points into Vitality until level 50. Then we split it 50/50 Vitality and Willpower. willpower because it will greatly affect our warding energy buff (Spunky showed me this on my BFG build, Willpower increases the shield energy) and also give additional spell resistance to help against LL and casted spells.

Combat Arts

Primary Combat Arts:

Battle Stance.pngBattle Stance

I just can't say enough about this buff. It does so much for the Seraphim. It multiplies attack and defense values, and when properly modified increases damage, chance to evade, chance to reflect Close Combat.

Aggression-this gives a really nice damage boost

Flexibility- chance to evade

Retaliation-chance to reflect Close Combat

Runes: Keep at 1 rune read for the first 75 levels and boost with Buff Suit

Pelting Strikes.pngPelting Strikes

This will be our primary attack at low level and even later as a boss killer

Succession-chance for double hit

Enfeeble-Lowers the enemies defense value

Precision- chance for critical hits

Runes: 1 rune to start, after Rph is socketed and Regen penalties come down. keep at Focus Level. At level 75 I had 25 rune read. and a regen of 5.0s. with 1.0s Rph it was good to go with dual wield and double hits.

Dashing Alacrity.pngDashing Alacrity

This is a very helpful minibuff I use for boosts in run speed. With these modes you can pump it to 200 runes and it will last longer than the regen time.

Sprout- run speed

Delay - lasts longer

Impatients - shorter cooldown

Runes: You can take this to 200 runes as resources allow.

Warding Energy.pngWarding Energy

This will be our second Buff and a huge source of defense

Field force- increases the the base value of the shield

Magic Mirror-Chance to reflect Combat Arts

Block- fixed mitigation points

Flaring Nova.pngFlaring Nova

This is a nice weakening spell when you get mobbed or have a mob on your back. In combo with Radiant Pillar and with Damage Lore mastery it will do decent damage

Expand-larger Area of Effect

Stun-temporary stun of ememies

Flux- increased damage

Runes: I keep this at about 1.5s regen. that allows me to jump up and down all I want.

Cleansing Brilliance.pngCleansing Brilliance

This will become our 3rd buff after Concentration Mastery. It is wonderful against undead and has some really nice weakening potential to reduce enemy attributes.

Blind-Lowers the enemies defense value

Purify-Damages Undead

Eagerness- Increased damage per second

Radiant Pillar.pngRadiant Pillar

This will be our main mob killing Area of Effect in later levels.

Delude-lowers the enemies attack value

Brightness-Increases the Area of Effect

Ordeal- Deathblow deals double damage once the enemies HP fall below threshold.

Runes: I keep the regen at about 1.5s. that seems like a good stackable rate

Secondary Combat Arts

Hallowed Restoration.pngHallowed Restoration

This will end up being a huge bonus to the build in sticky situation. it has a very large amount of healing available. I used it as a pre-buff before and during battles

Recuperation- Gives a HP regen live in battle.

Prevention- for 10s give a huge anti-DOT boost

Antidote- Shrugs off Detrimental effects

Armor

This is where it gets fun. I am a huge fan of the Celestial Magic Set Revelation of the Seraphim. It has 2 pieces with really nice all channel damage mitigation, and with 8 pieces worn you get a really nice LL% bonus. I will wear Endijans wings for the mitigation as well. And with the warding energy buff. that means 50% of all damage is wiped out before the your HP takes any damage. So easily we will have high damage reduction without even considering Armor or chance to reflect CC.

Socket-ables

Absorption warding energy = more % of shield damage before HP damage

Max shield energy = multiplies the base shield energy figure, more shield

Opponent level for deathblow = we want at least 50%. so when the enemies HP reaches 50% we deal double damage

+all skills = we don't need a lot, but some to help boost the skills we will leave at low level to help boost them until we can get them mastered

Anti-DOT= reduces the damage over time taken by the spiders in the jungle(a fav leveling area)

Regen Per Hit = instant regen of Combat Arts so we don't have to micro manage our regen times

Visibility Range = Woody posited that and increased visibility range increase the number of enemy that spawn. We are gonna be testing this theory.

+All Combat Arts. believe it or not we will be looking for ways to raise our regens. with Buff suits, Concentration Mastery and RpH. Adding +CA will be easy.

We will also need to make at least 2 Buff Suits (and 3 when we get Concentration mastered). We will be keeping our buffs at 1 Rune for at least the first 75 levels. this will keep Regens very low and allow us to add runes or +CAs to our attack to increase damage and effectiveness. See HolosBrothers Guide to Buff Suits for more details. Once suit for Battle Stance, and one for Warding energy.

Play style

In early levels we will run very much like a Queen of Blades, mostly melee. Using 2 weapons of our choosing. I wll be trying to use 1 handed Axes or hammers with poison socketed for there Poison Dot as well as they just sound so cool when the thud of impact hits your ears. Orc Shock's and Ragno's Slayers are nice, with the later having +CA skills, which is almost as good +All skills. Some other hafted weapons I like: Timora's have nice casting and +CA for later levels as well. And if I am lucky enough a pair of Kaldur's Legacy will make this toon a serious boss killer/legendary farmer. Thains Axe also has increased chance for secondary effect which will go with our Dot and damage lore nicely.

So just round up a mob and let loose with Pelting Strike. It has an animation of between 2 and 3 seconds, so keep Regen minus Rph in the 2-3 second range and it will swing those beautiful axes continuously

I keep Dashing on my 2 key and Pelting on 1. so I can always call up some run speed to the next target

In later levels

You will get bored of killing every monster 1 at a time. This is where the build morphs into a caster and Area of Effect killer. Radiant Pillar will serve as our mass effect damage CA. Round em up and let the light shine. The damage over time boosted by damage lore will make platinum and Niob lots of fun. Not to mention, the leveling speed will be awesome. Flaring Nova could also come online at any point as a softening up debuff of sorts with its mod for stun and the weakening affect of magic damage. Also by level 100 or so we want to have Concentrration mastered so we can run 3 buffs. Skellies heads are gonna be poppin' off

Bosses

Pelting Strike with dual axes and LL% from gear is gonna get the job done. With the reduction of enemy defense from Pelting and the fast damage per second of the dual axes she is gonna have no trouble taking bosses down. Combine that with the awesome defense from her buffs and she is gonna be a tank.

Skill Mastery

1. Tactics Lore @ level 75

2. Armor Lore @ level 75

3. Dual Wield @ level 75

4. Concentration @ level 87

5. Celestial Lore @ level 102

6. Warding Energy Lore @ level 117

7. Damage Lore @ level 132

Testing

This is the really fun part for me. I started with an empty chest, on Single Player in HC mode. I edited my balance file to speed the experience per kill. And then I headed into the wilds of Ancaria. I wanted to experiment in every region so that I had a good idea of how she would handle against every scenario.

Leveling from 1-15 went to fast to really be able to comment much, but I picked up and used whatever I could for gear and gems. I advanced through to Black oaks and killed the Boar, then on the the Gar in Orcish byway. I skipped Grunwald in the early levels and came back to it in my 70s. All in all I have to say that the Queen of Blades mode is an absolute blast. It is quite addictive actually...reminds me of some marathon Grinding in Gears of War 2.

I created buff suits from spare sets in the early levels and socketed Niob runes into them. one for Battle Stance and the other for Warding Energy. I had absolutely no trouble with regens. even with 25 runes read into Pelting strike at level 75 and a 5.2s regen. 0.8s of RpH was enough to have Pelting clocked and ready when I needed it.

I jumped to Gold at 60 and Plat at 100. Entered the jungle in Plat at 102 and really had a blast with all three buffs going. The Swamp was interesting with only 50% DOT. this is below the minimum I like for the swamp. Furian's recommended 75% is probably really accurate unless you like to live on the edge.

I discovered Hallowed Restoration for the first time in the swamp. Wow! What a life saver.( think of it as Golden-glade Touch with a duration of 10s).

Any way, I am at level 129 in Plat and having a blast. Celestial Lore mastered at 102 has made the Area of Effect start to come alive. I headed to the Blood Forest and was able to suffer the Daemonic Eyes just fine all the way to the Bodyguard.

Only issue is figuring out how to handle the Fens in the Dryad Isle. I have run the entire map up to the wastelands in Platinum and the only bugger is those Fens. I got a red flash once when 4-5 all hit me at once. Hallowed Restoration has turned into a real gem. with 9K healing and 1K hp regen per sec that stacks I just started spamming it until I was out of harms way, let my Shield regen then I was back at it with HR running full time. lots of damage taken, but it regened faster than a health pot would have. 3 more level till Damage lore is mastered. I can't wait to see the damage over time after mastery! :)

My plan is to take it to about 150 or so. But so far she is a blast and has not left me with any suprises.

Here is quick video of la Chusa taking out the Guardians.

bqhn5Ujr9qw&ap=%2526fmt%3D18

McAA-I-_6Us&ap&ap=%2526fmt%3D18

HIBDvd6GqSk&ap&ap=%2526fmt%3D18

Inventorywindow.jpgSkillsWindow.jpgBonusOverview1of2.jpg

BonusOverview2of2.jpgWeaponDetail.jpgWeaponDetail2.jpg

Enjoy!

locolagarto

• 2 weeks later...

Story book build! Seraphim is not my specialty with this game, but it still does not take away from my enjoyment of reading a well planned build that the fans can play sink their teeth into and play. And with the history/myth you added to the build.. who would not want to play a goddess?

Glorious star to add to your list of achievements that you have created as one of the most enthusiastic and informed Sacred 2 players.

Another published build for Ice & Blood

Great job, Locolagarto, thank you!

:(

gogo

Sweet Build Bro! I knew you were up to something cuz I hadn't seen you online in more than a week. Looks like you hit this one out of the park. I really like how you added runes usage under each CA. Nice touch. Looks like I need to polish my build some.

Great guide! I really enjoyed the read. :(

I'm planning to rebuild my Celestial seraphim in the near future, and I will take your tips in consideration.

Also, I just learned in your Guide that Willpower increases the Energy Shield! Who would've thought?

Max

Great write up here loco!

And yes Willpower gives a great boost to your energy shield, have been going pure Will with my TG's for a while now to get massive Shield Power.

And yes Willpower gives a great boost to your energy shield, have been going pure Will with my TG's for a while now to get massive Shield Power.

That would explain why I've already seen one or more character with 300k shield, I don't remember where.

On topic: Loco, could you post one or more pics showing your stats/bonuses?

Max

That would explain why I've already seen one or more character with 300k shield, I don't remember where.

On topic: Loco, could you post one or more pics showing your stats/bonuses?

Max

Absolutely! And in the spirit of Gogo's Secret agent I'll throw in a video of a boss run and a mob bash. I'll work on those and get em posted

Absolutely! And in the spirit of Gogo's Secret agent I'll throw in a video of a boss run and a mob bash. I'll work on those and get em posted

Excellent! This build looks very interesting and I'd really love to see it in action. Cool introduction btw (Go la Chusa!) :(

Heya,

great work man! Sounds like a very nice seraphim :viking:

Only thing I am curious about is the agression mod on BS over attack rating. Do you need to socket CTH or chance that opponents cannot evade? What is your average chance to hit without that mod? I never really got to testing that mod anymore, since damage was so easy with LL%.

Keep up the good work there Loco!

Greetz

Heya,

great work man! Sounds like a very nice seraphim :viking:

Only thing I am curious about is the agression mod on BS over attack rating. Do you need to socket CTH or chance that opponents cannot evade? What is your average chance to hit without that mod? I never really got to testing that mod anymore, since damage was so easy with LL%.

Keep up the good work there Loco!

Greetz

I don't have anything for cht socketed at the moment and her chance to hit is 150-175% on most everything, and the damage boost with only 1 Rune in Battle Stance with a full Battle Stance buff suit is about +248% and Atk & Def boost is ? hmm..gotta check that but I think +450%. So I figure I am getting the equivalent of 4 or 5 sockets of Whet. so I figure even if I stick an OCE in there as a secondary for something else I am ahead of the game.

Plus my mods on cleansing Brilliance and Radiant pillar reduce enemy atk and def. as well as the 20% weakening whne they are near. :viking:

Thanks everybody!

I am editing the testing section at the end as I progress. She's at 129 in Plat and into the Wastelands!

We'll see how she does against the guardians...every other boss has been cake, except the Undead Prince (North Swamp) who debuffed me. Bugger took all my mojo with out any buffs.

The level is amazing! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze da movie, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze . I've never really connected to the Serapim yet, I'm hoping to because it's Sacred 2's most popular class.

Holee molee..lookit all this armor... rock solid health bar?

:)

gogo

Very nice vids! Love the one with Radiant Pillar because of all the crits and it reminds me of my dead Technobabe build. Are you using dual Orc Shocks in the vids?

Very nice vids! Love the one with Radiant Pillar because of all the crits and it reminds me of my dead Technobabe build. Are you using dual Orc Shocks in the vids?

Those are dual Ragno's slayers at level 140. They each have a nice +9 to combat art skills.

I am working on re-encoding the Guardians run. I will have it to youtube in a few minutes I hope.

The videos are awesome to watch, the seraphim on the hill side spamming the Radiant Pillars is amazing display. You should get this toon into HC one day, it would be pretty rewarding build! Enemy levels you are fighting are also very close to your own level. Is this because of your SB?

:whistle:

gogo

The videos are awesome to watch, the seraphim on the hill side spamming the Radiant Pillars is amazing display. I hope you'll consider getting this toon into HC one day, it would be pretty rewarding build, I'd love to see it live.

gogo

Did you catch the xfire vid of the Guardians? Was fun with 6.0% LL :D

I only used LAN to accelerate the testing. I killed 10k enemies in 2 weeks and got up to level 132. it is HC just not on Closed net yet. I will be building her in Closed Net soon. with shoppers available she will be way better.

I have two more builds I want to get guides written for. But I will have her in EU Closed net soon.

Now for my little Piromante (fire elf) and Chingachgook-Last of the Mohicans (Devout TG). We'll have em into Niob and tested soon.

You hit the nail with sounds of axes... it was done perfectly in this game, and you mentionning them reminded me how well they were done, and how much it adds to the effect here Seeing them whack away with Guardians' hp dropping so quickly... grin moment

gogo

After watching the Guardian's - Bad Girl vid ..... Dude get this build into closed Net. Team up with my Ultimate Warrior OMG we're going to get into HUGE Adventures. I already can imagine at least 5 more Rules to Live by getting made.

Where have I been? This amazing guide slid right under my nose and didnt even know it until this evening in game with Loco and Furian.

Simply awe inspiring! Those vids on Guradians with 6% LL... :oooo: gogo said it best, "grin moment."

There is more & more mind candy to be found here all the time, now only if life didn't consume so much real time... :thumbsup:

Loco let the good times roll! Keep up the great work. We all look forward to your new write-ups as well... :agreed:

I remain, Etherian