I tried this this morning after replacing

NETWORK_LOBBY : sacredeng.ascaron-net.com

with

NETWORK_LOBBY : 93.190.65.233

And then opening the following ports on my router:

UDP 2005

TCP 2005-2010

TCP/UDP 7064

I can log in to the Open servers (woot!) & I can create my own games & play & everything, but the only issues I'm having are massive item lag (the time between an item being removed from the world & being placed in my inventory after clicking on it to pick it up) & loosing network connection every few mins (very odd since my PC is the server). I don't get any lag when killing monsters, the XP appears as expected immediately after killing the monster, just when picking up items (so most quests are a bit time consuming, though that's due to waiting for the items to appear in my invent/log/etc).

http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?p=651279#post651279

Edit: Ok, I tried disabling the dual core-ness of my CPU (see this thread) & now everything get's picked up just fine in MP & I've not been kicked from the server...

Ascaron, still having the last laugh from beyond the grave...

cool !

but it's interesting,

as I thought this would bring you to the german lobby,

since you put in the same IP ?

instead of only TCP/UDP 7064, you might wanna try range 7064-7066 , but then again perhaps they were only for closed I cant remember..

as I had to examine after posting it on SIF,

I wasn't able to join the open net with my 'normal' english/UK accounts,

but if you have a 'special' account+key like only very few selected players, it might work.. :D

(that's why my first german account worked for the english lobby. newer ones most likely wouldn't)

could anyone else test this please?

edit:

ahh, this is confusing me a little ever since the forums for the older games were merged on SIF..

now by S1 and 93.190.65.233 you meant classic and not underworld = SUW ?

also just saw yur PM thanks! so 208.73.210.28 is the correct one for english/UK Underworld?

you see, on the german official forum you can read that the S1 CLASSIC/PLUS servers for OPEN NET are still up now and running and needed NO CHANGE

however, a few months ago, Sacred UNDERWORLD suddenly wasnt able anymore to get into OPEN NET anymore, because its different IP + DNS problem as it was said (...ascaron-net.com in settings.cfg . same reason why forum here was 'down' if using the original URL.. was 'fixed' later )

SO: why would they shut off the Underworld Servers which was NEWER and had MORE players than the Classic Servers which are OLDER and had LESS players ?

according to GSF, for german players both classic and underworld Open Net Lobby Servers never were down, it's only the IP err URL for Underworld (+SIF forum) that changed.

it is very convenient for Deep Silver although,

to say that they are not responsible for Sacred 1 and Underworld and won't have to do anything about it, as this is still to Ascaron, which does not exist anymore. good one, ha-ha.

after all this time, the Underworld Community is dead by now for Multi Player, because on GSF everyone also thought servers are just down forever now like closed net.

it is always only very few players who search the forum in such case, and willing to try a solution like changing their settings.cfg or using Hamachi instead..

Tools like the last one could be our last option to play together, however I'd have preferred a more 'convenient' and 'easier' approach, it scares off less players.

This is what happened, because now suddenly, no one plays Underworld on Open in Germany, however theres a small handfull of people still playing Classic :D

Edited by Rotluchs