Cool Cursors!

Ok guys. I thought I'd share my latest little pc toy with you all. Given the fact that so many here have enjoyed using the firefox extensions I'm fairly certain y'all will love this little toy.

I bring to you...

Stardocks CursorXP! /drool

This is a mini application that attachs itself to your mouse controls to manage cursor themes that it provides.

I've had it now for about a week and I totally love it. The cursors it provides, about 12 themes, are all high quality and some have simple animations that really make it sing.

I just discovered that there are a lot of high quality cursor themes out there for free which cemented the fact that I can NEVER go back to plain old jane, haha.

This is a free and a full version of Stardocks CursorXP. The full version adds additional effects which would be nice but the free is perfect.

Have a look and if you try it out let us know how you like it and what your fave cursor is. /lol At the moment Gear is my fave. It is one hot cursor!

Here's the linky to the download. Just click on the blue Try It button to get the free version:

CursorXP download page - File is 2.27mb

Aaaaaand. Here's a couple links to some additional cursor themes! /rofl Just a note though. The download button for the respective pages are a bit hard to see. Click on a link below, download button is at the bottom right, that bottun takes you to another page and on that page the "actual" download button us at the upper left, just below the words "download info" of that fat blue bar.

MB-Aesthetics theme - High tech looking cursor.

Ladybug Theme - The name says it all. Sharp design.

To add themes you move the theme files from the zip file you just downloaded into "C:\Program Files\CursorXP\Themes" of your pc. Once that is done open up the CursorXP program from your list of programs in the Start, (Start button of XP in the bottom left corner of XP).

Enjoy gang! :P

• 1 month later...

Good stuff Schot !

I'm always on the lookout for new cursors ... 'been using Goku for some time now, but sadly the poor fella was not animated...

I like the 'Gears' theme of as part of the original installation, but here are some nice ones I found :

Space Steel

The Anibus Stone Strange to work with a non-pointy cursor...

Terranove

Dragon's Jewel Currently using this one - very nice... /thumbsup

Guest gogoblender

wow!

lol, there are some pretty cool cursors, here!

hahah, and the yin yang one DOES rool!

nice find SChot...and a nice little addiction you got goin on there, hahaha

:)

gogo

/rofl

Oh I just can't let go of my gear cursor. I loves it! Though that Space steel cursor looks mighty tempting. /drool I'm gonna give that one a try. Oh and the dragon one too. Looks coooool!

Some nice ones I found while anti-working....

Lightsaber It's OK, but bit big and no other animations...

Drop Nice, but I'm a bit inaccurate with it... think the point is too sharp for me /blush

Starfighter Nice and small. Practical.

Abiss Good looking !

X-Wing 'nuff said

Migical Grass Very original, but but big

Ninja /ninja This is a very nice one !