LocNar's Axe Weilding Loner Fiend

Howdy all!

Just re-started Sacred 2 [xbox] and started a SW that I don't a build for. So I'm writing one for non-rich folks as this build is written with a character I started fresh. I had previously cleaned out my HDD on the 360 so I lost my chest... boo hoo. But this character is very straight forward and apparently well built as he's level 79 in platinum with no deaths.

Here's the build strategy:

A) Place all points in strength

B) Skills:

1. Death Warrior Focus- 75 hard points [have 75 in it by level 75 to get bonus]

2. Tactics Lore- Place one point after every level up.

3. Malevolent Champion Focus- 75 hard points [follow death warrior focus to get bonus]

4. Hafted Weapons- 75 hard points to get bonus [I like the 2 handed hafted weapons for this build]

5. Armor Lore- 75 hard points

6. Concentration- 1 point [needed to get a second buff]

7. Combat discipline- 1 point [this build will use combat arts alot so the extra dam pumping helps]

8. Toughness- 1 point

9. Constitution- 75 hard points

10. Speed Lore- 75 hard points

Given the build is 'working' and I'm leveling up, some skills would most likely go past 75 but concentration and combat disp won't benefit much from extra hard points.

+All Skills gear will help with the other skills that aren't being leveled with hard points. So far, my 1 point skills are about level 76.

C) Combat Arts- Ah the fun stuff. Set your primary melee attack as Demonic Blow. [You'll need to set the hafted weapon in another slot to do this]

Death Warrior Tree:

1. Demonic Blow [The only mod that is necessary is splash damage mod, hitting multiple enemies is always better than bleeding one]

2. Grim Resilience [This should be your first buff- the necessary mod is for more health]

3. Rousing Command [works great in a combo see below; the necessary mod is to add defense]

Malevolent Champion Tree:

1. Frenzied Rampage [Great for mobbin'; mods should be for chance to hit twice]

2. Reflective emenation [second buff; mod for repelling ranged needed]

3. Killing Spree [Excellent in a combo; mod for increased damage and releasing early]

4. Augmenting Guidon [Great in a combo; mod for more experience and defense]

5. Beligerent Vault [I only this for jumping around something, makes it easier to get around]

D) Items:

1. Sets: Any set items that increase either DW or MC trees; socket +skill or dam mitigation if possible

2. Weapons: You can use a hafted weapon with a shield but a 2 handed hafted weapon is preferable. The speed is only an issue early on. Once you get hafted weapons skill higher the speed goes up and the chance for a second hit increases too. The tyranny of the condemned is a good weapon but the dragonslayer really does the damage.

3. Try to find rings/necklaces with +regen per hit to bring down the combat art regen speed.

E) Combos:

1. Rousing Command + Augmenting Guidon + Killing Spree: This combo works great with mobs or bosses. Simply cast and then attack.

2. Beligerent Vault + Demonic Blow: Fun little combo

How to use your new SW:

1. Mobbin': I start with a demonic blow [once everyone gets around you] followed by Frenzied Rampage. Rinse and repeat as needed. For large mobs, use the first combo above and then DB and FR them to death.

2. Bossin': Cast the combo then switch between demonic blow and frenzied rampage.

3. The speed lore skill makes you faster so you don't need a mount.

4. The defense, attack, and life is very high and coupled with the second buff, reflective emenation you deflect a ton back to the attackers. You can tank something serious with this character. I haven't found a weakness with him yet. Some people may ask how many points to put in the arts, I pump them all up and the regen time is low. Others may ask which mods to use for the arts, the mods that truly matter are listed by what they do. The other mods can be messed with. I have not encountered a boss yet that has given me any trouble.

The only change to this build would be your weapon choice: to switch to sword or double weps.

Good luck and have fun stormin' the castle!

LocNar

nice, have a similar build but without speed lore. I always liked those big muscly characters with huge two-handed weapons on their shoulders. it's a classic, much like the wizard leaving a burning track of destruction behind his or her steps. :P

by the way, frenzied rampage is generally a more effective CA than demonic blow, much like multi-hit was more effective than hard hit. if you hit many times, even with slightly reduced damage, you end up doing more damage than with only one, huge, hard-hitting blow. plus frenzied rampage also heals you faster, especially if you have some life leech (preferably %) weapon. I for one, was doing more damage to a boss with frenzied rampage than demonic blow.

good work anyway, as I said before I really like this type of build. :P

schneipel,

I use the FR a lot. I do kinda like the one hit, kill em all method. Given this character's so strong, I can use the DB first for fun and then clean em up with the rampage.

Putting this character on temporary hold whilst I begin a fire elf.

LocNar

Great having you back zconnor, and showing up with a brand spanking new build as well, with console origins!

If you have time, would you like to bring this build over to the Wiki?

I've made a new empty page for you here on the guides page under shadow warrior section:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Sacred_2_Player_Contributed_Guides

It's in red, all you have to do is copy paste the info from this forum here into the wiki and format at will (you doing it yourself will have your history/credit entered into the Wiki).

You can log into wiki with same password and login as you do here at DarkMatters.

press preview to see what you've added to the page, and if it is the way you want it, press submit and you're done!

:)

gogo

Gogo,

It's a pleasure to be back. I was away trying to get into some other RPGs but in the end Sacred 2 still has me.

Update to the build [might as well be somewhat on topic]: Still rolling through Platinum, no deaths, not even close actually. I've rolled through all the mini-bosses and just took out the Octoglamus in under 20 secs. I've mastered Death Warrior focus [no more points], hafted weps [staying at 75 for now], and MC focus [staying at 75] and now working towards mastering tactics.

ZConnor

Cool.

I believe yours is the only two hand axe wielding guide out there bro, so keep tearing it up.

I started one myself that I got to level 20 so far. My focus on this'n though is enhanced perception and blacksmithing.

I'm also trying out just using the belligerent vault and SS for the stun for both.

Seeing how things work when I do things a lil diff than I usually do....

I'll post something on it when I get to a significant level.

JK,

I can't use the blacksmithing. Console is bugged. I thought about enhanced p but in the end he doesn't seem to need much from the items. His skills and attributes are so high he's a massive tank just slicing through everything.

The closest thing I ever built to this character is an old concentration Barb from Diablo 2.

BTW- the Tyranny of the Condemned [class quest item] is actually a very good 2 hand axe to use.

Can't wait to hear how your SW is coming along!

Zconnor

Yeah, bummer about the blacksmith thing. I use it a lil, but most of it is just to unlock EP.

I'm pretty stoked so far. level 30 and cooking. Was building a coupla other toons, or it'd be higher.

Concentration Barb. That's kinda what I was thinking when I saw your build. Took one to 95 on softcore ladder when the 1.13 reset happened. Then got kinda bored and quit it.

All I was doing is killing Baal and Diablo again and again, looking for the pieces to do the big master quest. Boring.

The reasons I built an EP guy were many:

1) to maximize chances to find LL% hammers

2) to make a serious attempt at finding Kanka's pieces (a set w community patch)

3) To build a 200 hard point EP character

4) to try something a lil diff

5) I've always set up Combat Arts regen to chain back to back; I wanna build one where the CA regen is higher and uses more regular attacks as part of the build

It's working pretty well so far. I'll keep you updated

jk

Enhanced p is a great skill. I have a shopper/seeker that finds stuff for my other toons.

As for the CAs, I set demonic blow as my main attack button.

Keep up the toon leveling!

Zconnor

You betcha.

I'm working on four other toons too, including my first one to 100 since I got I & B, so it's a lil slow.

Like said, it's a lil diff than any toon I've built:

Focus is on main attacks, which will use the LL % Hammers and Axes I've accumulated.

Truncated Build ----

Only two combos I use are Belligerent Vault/Scything Sweep (both modified for confuse/stun, stun) rousing command/augmenting guidion. Regen high, around five seconds approx.

I use also augmenting command in one slot (cause the regen is way diff than the rousing command) and ruinous onslaught in another

Not using expert touch (an I & B thing) cause I want the MF and DW on diff timers.

Plan being implemented as follows (mastery importance parenthetically explained):

Tactics ----- (First)

Hafted ----- (First)

Armor ------ (To fifty with plus skills, then Fifth)

Smith ------ (Only to five to unlock E P)

E P --------- (First, and the only one to keep at character level)

Conc ------- (Only for two buffs, leaving it alone)

Const ------ (Second)

Will add (I'm 32 working the Blood Region) in this order:

DW Focus ----- (To fifty with plus skills then Sixth)

Tough ----------- (Third)

Spell Resist ---- (Fourth)

Remaining in Tactics

Att 1 - 49 Str, 50 - 100 Str/Vit 101 -> Keep Vit and Str equal

So far, health bar hardly moves. I've used maybe two pots since level five, and was just being cautious.

My lowest level LL% hammer is 44 (sold a few off or I'd have one already), so when that starts up things will be cheese until Niobium.

• 2 weeks later...

Build Update:

This one's for Axel!

Here's some updated data:

CA mods:

Demonic Blow- Vehemence [works so well with a crit hit] + Poisoning + Trauma [for bosses]

Rousing Command- Persistance + Impulse + Surge

Grim Resilience- Foritfy + Readiness + Safeguard [Massive defense boosts for Noib]

Frenzied Rampage- Double Attack + Double Strike + Vampire

Augmenting Guidon- Elite + Tutor [works on consoles] + Leadership

Killing Spree- Control + Burst + Sear

Reflective Emanation- Backlash + Antimagic + Riposte

Masteries and points:

Master Death warrior focus, hafted weapons, and malevolent champion focus first

Then Tactics, Armor lore, combat discipline, constitution and then toughness.

Afterwards, place points into tactics and combat discipline. He's going to regen his CAs very quickly so combat disp makes sense as he'll be rarely hitting a non-CA attack.

I still don't use any Spectral skills. This character should get in, smack 'em down, then move on to the next group.

ZConnor

• 1 month later...

Just an update.

The toon is now level 108 and has completed the main and character specific quests in Niob. Little difficulty during his quick romp through Niob. In fact, the only tough character to beat was the Tree Spirit mini-boss because he kept re-casting the heal spell on himself.

I have 75 hard points to get mastery in

Death Warrior Focus

Tactics Lore

Benevolent Champion Focus

Hafted Weapons

Armor Lore

Combat Discipline

Now working on the side quests and will add points to the focuses and dam.

He has over 100 skill points from +all skill gear and sockets. He hits hard and often with enough per hit regen to use demonic blow with every attack. Same goes for frenzied rampage.

Still a fun player to use.

Edited by zconnor
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I had to join you guys and reply to this awesome build! I have been playing Sacred 2 for a while and tried every class up to level 50 with many different builds. Since I started playing a 2 handed SW, I became in love with the game. The damage is crazy!

I just noticed your build and will most likely change a few things to my own build to copy yours. You did a awesome job writing this guide.

Not sure, if people still play Sacred 2 a lot, but I will try to ask a question about your build anyway.

You mentioned the class quuest reward as a good weapon to use. When should I get this weapon on silver? I am currently level 21 and my current 2 handed axe got a max damage of 119 only, I would love to upgrade to something better.

Thanks again for this great guide.

Hi everyone,

I had to join you guys and reply to this awesome build! I have been playing Sacred 2 for a while and tried every class up to level 50 with many different builds. Since I started playing a 2 handed SW, I became in love with the game. The damage is crazy!

I just noticed your build and will most likely change a few things to my own build to copy yours. You did a awesome job writing this guide.

Not sure, if people still play Sacred 2 a lot, but I will try to ask a question about your build anyway.

You mentioned the class quuest reward as a good weapon to use. When should I get this weapon on silver? I am currently level 21 and my current 2 handed axe got a max damage of 119 only, I would love to upgrade to something better.

Thanks again for this great guide.

Firstly, welcome to the forums, Mavverik! Good to see another consoler finding this game!

A few people are still playing, though mostly on lower difficulties, generally speaking.

As far as using the class-quest weapons, the one thing about them is availability. Each toon can really only get 5 of them, once from each campaign difficulty as the class quest is not available in freeworld mode. IIRC :D

I say IIRC as I am not a big quester-type person; and I don't prefer the class quest weapons as a general rule, so I am not familiar with getting them too frequently.

At any rate, I would suggest starting a bronze campaign, and do only the main and class-quests, skipping everything else. You will be OK with the weapon you have, and you will get a bronze-quality axe for going back and continuing your Silver campaign.

From there, you do want to hope to find some 2H hafted weapons to use, as you will need to change weapons about every 10 levels or so from level 20 to 80~ish when you will need a new weapon every 15-20 levels. Save your class-quest rewards for those "dry" times when you really, really need a weapon upgrade, but the random number generator is not being so nice to you. Typically I will complete a class quest to the last checkpoint, then leave it alone. After finishing a campaign and starting the next difficulty up, you always have the option to go back to a lower-difficulty campaign, to get class-quest rewards, or Blind Guardian instruments, etc...

Happy Hunting!

Thanks guys.

I got my 2 handed SW to level 31 last night. Was having a blast until I noticed that it barely do more damage than my level 22 seraphim. Don't know what the problem is, but it feels like at times FR barely hit anything, and all of a sudden the whole screen die in a second...

Right now, I switch between my 2 characters and really enjoy both playstyles. Sacred 2 is the game I spent the most time in since I started playing on a Playstation console 9 years ago.

I love it and I am here to stay :)

Hope to see more active players in the next few weeks.

I will keep you guys informed!