I need help with my new Long Handled Seraphim Build

Hey guys, I've currently got a LH Seraphim running now in Silver (level 32). She's actually, for the first time in a long time, NOT going to take both med and heavenly magic but instead opt for parry. I'm laxy this time around and don't want to build a seraphim who's heath bar I constantly have to monitor and so am hoping that Parry will give her that extra little bit of steadfastness I want in this new build. She's the seraphim that is going to make it to the Kamikaze next week and...I find I'm stumped. Lol, I"ve never taken a lore other than DW and so I'd like to know if there any concepts and/or philosophies with speccing her out now at the lower levels. I want her to PWN with her staff, but am unsure how to release her damage output. Ca's via sets? Is there some way of sticking crazy amounts of Crit on her? Does anyone here have any suggestions on which of the set long handled weapons out there would make for a crazy/wild seraphim build? Since I'm not using med but only Heavenly Magic, I'm very much depending on a regen spells weapon slot to bring down the regen on this darling's RBOL which I want to rely heavily upon as she jumps and bears down upon things. I don't feel like using a combo simply because this time around I'm looking for fast action and also want to have the ability to cast Rbols on everyone I'm playing with too.

Suggestions please?

Thanks!

:hugs:

gogo

:hugs: Gogo not doing magic with a seraphim what is going on in his twisted dark lil mind < walks away to ponder this awhile >

I thought men don't change? :hugs:

I'm really the wrong person to ask about seraphim, so I will let others handle this one. Still perhaps you will fancy a Tree Rage seraphim?

wow...never even thought of that Myles...I can use Tree Rage?

I've seen it quickly in usually giving it to others, lol...

What's it good for, do you know the stats?

Cheers!

gogo

Well since UW Tree Rage uses Axe Lore (in Plus its LHW), but you know how to deal with that already.

Tree Rage is a poison based weapon, it has some split and CA level and one socket I think. Its fun to use, but no its not an uber weapon per se. It does have a good reach though since its so long.

Btw, I was half joking with it, but you didn't get that obviously. :P

If building Lhw char, Tree rage cannot be more wrong choice as it's one handed axe :P Different attack animation and all.

Best and easiest to find poison spear is orlas. You only get those Daemons ebolts if socketing all into the weapon, so you can use full set.

Solwerys is OK, but not as good as Orlas. It's more for boosting spells than fighting in melee if compared to other lhw options.

From seraphim sets Dream netting is far best. Physical and magic damage whit good bonuses. Overall that set is perfect for lhw seraphim that uses melee attacks. Great spear (I happen to have few on my mule :D)

Sereish Lance is great option too. Good experience and Crit boost, but it's not as powerfull in terms of basic damage than Dream netting.

For uniqs better go here http://wolfes-lair.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/I...andUniques.html

Many good ones, if you just can find them. My Lhw vamp was using nephanes battle rod (seen on the site) and it's free for you now ;) Currently using that Lance of Vampiress.

One thing I have to say: never has got LHW seraphim to work as good as any other seraphim hybrid, melee or magic build. Killing whit attack starts to slow down and you start to move more and more into magic side when you start to lack AR and lot needed damage. But I think you won't have this problem as you are experienced seraphim player and know all the tricks and what to wear.

Ob, just the person I was hoping would walk by and post upon this thread. Well. I hear ya about the Netting and just by looking at all it's value, I do agree. It's probably the biggest amount of damage out there for this kind of a build. The only thing is I've been using netting now for so many of my builds, and...I guess I'm just tired of the way it looks.

I like what you have to say about Solweyrs and Orla's. I've heard so much about them and they do interest me. I'll keep on the lookout for them and see what falls into my style of playing I guess. Serrish...yeah I love it's wings and I know it's got so much leech that it's almost impossible to die with...but again...maybe I'm just tired of it? Great crit though. And this brings me to my big question...how should I get damage up? Tons of CA's? Full Crit? I need a hole card...something that will power this build very high. I really want that lhw to hit hard...in fact, for the first time ever in a long time I've even taken Parry. Eek. But...I want this build to be a little more solid than the last seraphim's I've created and am hoping I can just saunter her through the UW. How bout Talia Mel's. Any input on how this would work? And have you tried Multi-Hit? I know that rooster was saying that it was all about positioning...but that with a long handled weapon...pwns. And I had a feeling you were going to say that the lhw would slowly start slowing down with damage in higher levels. nooooooooooooooo.... lol, I had a feeling about this. But that mh is looking kinda nice...

Anyone here got any comparison stats with Attack v.s. Multi?

:D

gogo

First of all I agree with Ob on tree rage (who wouldn't?) and I would defiantely go for attack, since as a mob control you have RBoL and you have to have something powerfull against single opponents I don't have exact numbers but that's the way my mind thinks,,, not in numbers that is, my mind is all colored ^^ expressionism ftw!

My two pence

Sylph

And this brings me to my big question...how should I get damage up? Tons of Combat Arts? Full Crit? I need a hole card...something that will power this build very high.

well it's up to you to decide what way your going. I would get Crit up to 25% atleast and boost Rbol and Attack as high as regen allows. Also it's good to remember those little goodies many players forgets.. +some element damage based on your attribute. Really easy way to get your wonderbabe to do all kinds of damage and this why dealing lot more in total damage. Something like: weapon damage (fire, magic, poison or physic): +20% to (dexterity or strenght). It's the way I got my melee BM hit harder whit normal left click attack than my normal melee toons.

How bout Talia Mel's. Any input on how this would work?

Good set, but it's pure magic set. So I don't think it would be best choice for hybrid as it doesn't really provide much fore melee chars. If going for more magic than melee, then yes, but then again you would just end up dropping the melee part at some point as it's not "needed" or would be dealing lot of damage.

And have you tried Multi-Hit? I know that rooster was saying that it was all about positioning...but that with a long handled weapon...pwns. And I had a feeling you were going to say that the lhw would slowly start slowing down with damage in higher levels. nooooooooooooooo.... lol, I had a feeling about this. But that mh is looking kinda nice...

I think I have, but don't remember was it any good. And I think r00ster has been saying also that Whirling Hit is great if you use it in right position.. and I have to agree. It's a very very good CA (when it works :D). Real problem is knockback and missing hits. Still great in caves where there is no room for real knockback and if you get it to work. Atleast funny CA if not fully functional allways.

One thing you could give a thought is a horse build using HH and Rbol and why not CL too. It's the easiest way to get lot of damage out of seraphim whit low regen times and added def, res and hp from the horse :lol: (psst.. next guide will have some tips for this build style, but it's not coming out just yet)

hey gogo I was just looking on wolfe's lair and found a build idea for your seraphim you might wanna look at its just a thought

Hi :angry:

Gogo:

Ever tried or considered a BFG seraphim? If not then I strongly suggest you try it!

Any LHW build is a good base to build her. BFG uses LHW for speed purposes so if you already have it theres no need to reconfigure too much. Give it a try.

I have a close melee sword/shield AND BFG compatible girl at 171 and she is taking enemies out pretty nice with BFG.

If you plan to try her I can give a little advice (not a too big idea though :P ): Give her a 3 socketed shield and a 3 (or 4 if yer lucky) sword filled with either +1 all ca ammys or BFG runes. Thats a nice way to boost her BFG a bit and because the weapon(s) will be replaced temporary with that BFG spear. Around your level a good level BFG is a mean killer :)

You should definitely try!

CS.

Guys, everyone thank you for the input, I love it. Well...here's the question I think I'm now coming across while regarding this build. How to spec out first? Melee with leftovers of magic? Magic with leftovers of melee? Ob is writing convincingly of how all his long handled seraphims have been seen losing steam in the melee department and eventually have to rely upon magic in the higher levels. This is interesting, and indeed is now looking for me as a challenge. I as unsure of where to place points in this build. Mental regen, phys regen. But now, after some consideration of what high end needs may be, I'm looking at my seraphim now and seeing that her CA regen times on melee attacks is pretty good. Therefore if damage is a concern at higher levels, I'm now thinking of switching points into strength. My first seraphim was an almost pure strengh seraphim and maybe this could be a part of the "punch" I want her to have. I'm thinking now to spec her out with points all going into her physical aspects then...using all my tricks to make her rbol go off as nicely as possible. I think that rbol is going to be a big part of this seraphim with constant leech coming and...THANK you ob...those great wings I received last night. Currently I have a lot of Talia's stuff on DaveO, and yes...that crit percentage it works with is interesting and that divine damage is looking VERY attractive. Unresisted damage? hmmm. Is this Diving Damage possibly modded by anything the seraphim uses? Can I mod Divine Damage? Heh, Dave I'm going to resist downloading the the character only because a great part of this game is my personal discovery and I'm actually eager to find and complete the set and be surprised to see what happens when I put it into action.

Csaszar, strangely enough the bfg seraphim is one of the seraphims I haven't worked wih only because...I guess shooting stuff scares me every since I lost two Paternus Arguments to trying the BFG once and ebolts as well. Perhaps it can be built in later though...but for now, close combat melee is what I thirst for and I must say...seeing this seraphim's Long Handled Weapons in action is unbelievably exciting.

Last night Rooster dropped off a Magical Transistor and three Orla's weapons. Thank you. The gifting was completed when Obsession dropped off a collection of netting spears as well as those fabulouse T'gaw's wings.

My night was complete and I could retire with a satisfied smile on my face. She reached level 49 last night with the help of all you guys and Ari's and EM's great and supportive presence in the desert.

Looking forward to playing with all of you on Sunday.

Cheers!

:P

gogo

Meeh, why can't I go do stuff like that aswell!

I need to clean my room and study, buggers!

Good to hear yet another seraphim is reaching beyond the skies ^^

Sylph

Thanks Sylph. And...some very very COOL news here. I've been doing compares between orla's spear and solwemyr's.

Against Undead and many other monsters weak to magic, Solwemyr's rocks, as could be expected with it's magic damage, but it's chance to hit is terrible when compared to the former. Against the orc race, naturally the orla's wins out. Since I use SOF almost all the time however, I think I can balance out Sol's nasty tendency to miss. ^^

Orla's, has a wicked chance to hit with Attack being modded by Dex. However...and I like this big however...the Solwemyr's has large crit boosts. Muhahahh. So what's happening is, my melee attacks are being modded AND my cl's and rbol.

By using the Sol staff, I'm getting a three fold multiplication of damage values, ergo...things die faster. So far. Also, Solwemyr's has a great def boost being modded by mental regen.

And, I seem to be stuck with Talia, in the lower levels right now...but I must say it's boost to crit is a real helper. All together, crit hits are running at almost forty percent all coming from.

1-Talia mel's armor

2-Solwemyr's staff

3-Socketed Crit rings that Schot bought for me.

Forty percent crit at level 50 is decent I think, and I think I can consolidate the crit from fewer sockets as items found in trade get better, high crit ring drops will be found, and the crit boost from talia hopefully improves.

Talia as set which is primarily a magic set, but it's crit gives it huge utility for a melee build...I'm going to continue this line of discovery with that armor by putting points into physical attributes and see if I can get a kind of hybrid going here.

Thank you guys for all the help you have given me. The items, advice, experience...it's all finally sinking into my head lol! :P

I think I'm slowly finding my road with your help, and I can't wait to play with you guys in the kamikaze!

:P

gogo

p.s. I'm coming to an amazing discovery I think...pick a set that is "seemingly" made for one type of build...then build it out completely opposite. Result...a good hybrid?

Hmm, Gogo, you may be right on your last statement, and yes, "overspecialize, and breed in weakness" goes up your alley quite well I believe. Although, isn't it likely better to go with the set's seemingly preferred Build?

Like the two sereish sets what else can you do? also, most set items have slots they don't use so it's wise to fill those up with the stuff you want to use?

What are your thoughts on that?

Sylph

The benefit to full Talia Mel's is the spread between melee and magic in my opinion. The set items are not the best for a Seraphim, but think how different you would be with UNRESISTED damage. The unresisted damage carries over to every attack capability of the Seraphim. Add in the +critical hit of the belt, and this is a great set to complete. Plus people will truly like seeing Divine Damage in action if you ask me. It scales according to level, so as better equipment is found you will get even better. For me the hardest piece to find was the shoulder and belt pieces. I'm sure your mileage will vary.

Edited by DaveO

LOl, I'm convinced! Are you able to explain though what Shock does? Does it roll for chances to do some kind of "shock"damage or soemthing?

I've never seen this before and I'm curious.

:)

gogo

'Shock Opponent' is like a stun effect. When it goes off a monster is very briefly incapacitated, rendering it unable to attack or cast spells. The stun is a bit like the one that those lionfish use when they ram attack you. Quite a useful effect when it works(sporadically).

Edited by DaveO

Excellent. I like what you had to say about unresisted damage. That and huge investment into physical attributes and crit will hopefully work. This will be one of the first seraphim's I ever take with no meditation, only Heavenly Magic. I am hoping that the set plus other tricks can keep the regens down for the buffs.

:)

gogo

Have you looked at Wolfe's site? The amount of magic spellcasting regeneration you get is the best of ALL the Seraphim sets if you ask me. There is NO way I can see a problem with magic regeneration being too slow. Melee is the weak side of the set, but it's compensated by the belt and gloves with +critical hit.

P.S. - I took a look, and saw a nice boost to Agility from one set piece. Given that AND the +Strength of Faith boost from the same set item piece WITH WIDD and this whole thing screams for your build to try it out.

P.S.S. - I took a longer look at the set, and you also get Open Wounds damage. Think of it gogo. WIDD and Open Wounds BOTH being affected not only by the +critical hit but also the unresisted damage. Picking Heavenly Magic as the seraphim spellcasting choice is a wise decision since you'll get two boosts to it from the set versus just one Meditation boost. The set also has very HIGH magic resist bonuses, so future Ice Elf excursions would only tickle you with the Celestial Light attacks.

Edited by DaveO
  • 2 weeks later...

The build is NOW ROCKING.

I say again....

NOW...

ROCKING...

I love her so

Maybe it's her coming back from a life in the softcore mines, dunno...but my appreciation for primary mellee builds has intensified with seeing her twirl her stave while whacking it down with a thump and a thomp upon all the nasties in the land.

So far, T'gaw's wings are powering her, with Tali's doing the rest. I'm powering up this babe with huge critical. She's running at 44 percent now, meaning almost half of every spell strike, half of every Thwack! is a crit...and boi does it ever look, fell and sound good.

I LOVE Solweimy'rs...the massive amounts of def it gives AND regen spells AND crit (love that crit part) makes her an easy shoo in at the next skellie bash.

In fact, the damage is so good with that staff, that most time I just thump stuff with SOF and that's all it takes. Course, I've got massive rbol backup and cl goin (casting a level 29 Celestial light now with a 1.3 second regen :gun2:) but I'm holding back on using them right now because, in a way, I want to "hobble" her to build her out as best physically as possible.

Where am I putting points?

All into strength.

And why am I not needing the phys regen for the CA regens?

Ahhhh, cuz while that Solwemy'res was good...Schot found me something better...this:

tridentofhonor.jpg

muhahhah

Crit, three sockets PLUS MASSIVE RSM.

Needless to say...I cry everytime I think of the fact that the more this little seraphim uses it the higher her level becomes and the more that staff becomes worse and worse as my levels get higher...

Halp!

:lol:

gogo

Hi :bye:

Gogo:

You should consider the Dream Netting set. True it has no secret damage on it BUT without any argues Dream Netting is the best from the "old" sets. Incredible huge phys damage and very nice magic damage on it. Another nice features are the awesome stat bonuses - I think DN has the best stat bonuses in the whole game.

OK I know thoose are not "news" for you but its worth considering it.

- Glad to hear that she Rocks (and lives again).

Cs.

I'd definitely have to say that the Trident of Honor is hard to beat. Of the various long handled weps this one appears to have the best combination of regen, crit and sockets. And a pretty little dmg bonus against Demons too! You gotta try it out against some demons gogo. :D The Trident kinda reminds me of the Amazon wings. Both are very nicely moded items.

Lets see some action gogo! :dance:

Hi :4rofl:

Gogo:

I know this isnt the Trient of Honour you seek but maybe it can be useful to you:

tr1.jpg

It has 4 sockets and HUGE defense bonus (which is always a good thing to a LHW seraphim). Its pure poison damage could be great in the appropriate areas :P

If you are interested drop a PM and/or meet me online!

Cs.