New SacredWiki Skin now available!

Hey hey gang!

As some of you have read in a past topic I have been working on a skin. The skin will be for the most part very lite graphically with just enough of a style to allow us to stand out from the rest of the wikis.

Although it is not quite an exact reflection of what I have in mind for it I believe it is ready to be enjoyed by all.

There are a number of things I'll need to adjust before making it the default skin which I've made a list of but please feel free to post here what needs to be fixed even if you think I already know. Cause I may have forgotten about it, lol.

With this new skin also comes our very first item info box which I give much thanx to bhj for. :whistle:

ItemstableTEST

Keep in mind that what you see from that link is part image part text which you can highlight, copy, and hopefully in the near future will be able to make links to wiki pages which for the most part will be automatically generated to make things easy for contributers. :)

And just in case here is a screenshot of it. :D

itembox.gif

Cheers all and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)

There's a bit of a trick to it mind you and if anyone would like me to add the skin to their account I am more than happy to do so. The process is relatively simple and this is how you can do it:

On my personal page User:Schot you will see this link: User:Schot/monobook.css

You'll need to edit your personal page and create a link like that of your own which is typed like this:

[[User:Schot/monobook.css]]

Add that line to your User page replacing my name with your own. Now you'll need to copy the information inside the box on User:Schot/monobook.css and paste it into your newly created User:YourName/monobook.css page. Save and then refresh your browser. Note that in this case you need to do a hard refresh of your browser. To do this hold down the shift key and press the refresh button on your browser. The skin should now be visible. :bomb:

There are a number of things I'll need to adjust before making it the default skin which I've made a list of but please feel free to post here what needs to be fixed even if you think I already know. Cause I may have forgotten about it, lol.

:)

I love it!

sacredwikiskin-1.jpg

sacredwikiskin.jpg

It gives a greater feel to the knowledge being put in and makes it all seksier. A few white spots with some of the old links that were put against a white background, but I guess that can be easily changed. Tables and Ca images looks more "solid" against it and it gives the wiki a more completed look.

Fantastic work Brad.

High five or a beer

:whistle:

gogo

Holy! you really have done it.... Its amazing in many ways.

Did I say I hate pure white background coz it hurts my eyes endless...... now it can be something else. :whistle:

Interesting that you mentionned that abut white backgrounds Myles... I was kind of thinking that the traditional white one was the one that was considered "de rigeur" for Wikis...Until Indy mentionned to me a while back that white was more heavy on the eyes...and that wiki's mostly went with white cuz it was just easier!

:whistle:

gogo

Hehe. Glad you guys like it! :P

Whew! That was a tough one. Soooo much code! :hugs: Oh if you guys find anything wierd please let me know. God only knows what kind of mutant code I've spawned, lol.

Cheers everyone! Pretty soon we'll be tip top shape. :drinks:

Took me awhile to figure out how it works.

Your box is protected Schot and I can't see the codes, so I end up stealing the codes from gogo's page lol. :P But it works! :hugs:

hey guys!

Brad's just edited some of the code... the new skin is set as default, but you'll each have to individually go to My Preferences...and choose the skin called:

Ahil Tar

Also, llama, are you still using old school explorer? :(

Try it in firefox if you can just to see if it's a browser problem...media wiki supports ie seven and firefox.. and all other browsers EXCEPT for IE 6.

Thanks!

:viking:

gogo

Oh damn. I swear IE 6 will be the death of me, lol. I'm not even sure if I'm going to be able to resolve IE 6 issues since I'm running IE 7 as a secondary browser. I've installed 2 supposedly IE 6 emulators but because I have IE 7 the emulators are using its installation to emulate... :( I'm still looking for an IE 6 emulator but if I can't find one that duplicates your problem Llama then the alternative would be to use another browser I'm afraid... And oh yes! Much better than white. Thanx! :viking:

Hehe Myles. First his wallet now his code huh. :viking: gogo has supplied the perfect info for changing your skin to the default so after you've done that Myles you might want to remove the code you added otherwise you won't see any future updates/fixes I make to the skin. Glad you like it dude! :4rofl:

Also, llama, are you still using old school explorer? :(

Try it in firefox if you can just to see if it's a browser problem...media wiki supports ie seven and firefox.. and all other browsers EXCEPT for IE 6.

But, that requires me to do something.

A navbar with Tar Ahil Tar stylin..the only one on the net :4rofl:

:)

gogo

p.s. and to members of the SacredWiki Team who still have the old monoblock going because of your early registration before this skin went up, you can easily switch to the new SacredWiki skin by clicking on My Preferences up at your top then choosing Ahil-Tar for your skin.