Most Wicked Sacred 2 Combat Art... Evah!

Schot

Oh yes indeed. It's based off a style of playing from Sacred Underworld. "Rounding up" or "Herding" and then casting an Area of Effect. Ideally the Area of Effect would one hit kill the entire group of enemies. Shadow Step does require a lot of attention in order to keep it's damage up. I'm working on making Shadow Step my main attack, haha. I never thought it would be possible but as soon as I tried it I realized what great potential Shadow Step has. With the proper mixture of item mods and CA balance it's going to be one heck of a CA. Something I'm considering is to build on "damage of enraged players", aka widd. Reason being is that in the process of herding I usually take a fair bit of damage. It's a risky build and if I have a lot of widd then that Shadow Step will do even more damage. I'm thinking that for my approach widd is the ideal item modifier. :)

Schot, that's one hell of an idea with the WIDD. You should definitely keep us appraised on your progress. You may well be on your way to dethrone all pyro-based HE builds around in terms of level up and usefulness. And imagine what that build of yours will do with a HE that has like 50% or more XP per kill (completely attainable even without EP modded items)... Ding dong every 20 mins or so :)

Can you give us some specifics from that HE? Because I was experimenting with SS with that mod as well and deff did not get those kinds of results, but I deff like the direction it is heading :)

What level SS was that?

What is the cooldown on it?

What is your Delphi lore at?

Do you use CD?

Lovin the ideas Schot and glad you could find a way to use it that I could not, but I may try again now :)

StiCk_eM

Wow! That was really cool.

I had to watch it twice to understand the full power of this, the first time I was like : "What the f....." and then I laughed.

Thanks for this video.

Max

Shyte, Schot... how do you come up with this stuff! lol, another wild build outta the blue from our fdm imagineer. Pretty satisfying kill method and certainly looks like a lot more "whoompf" than a poor l'il dryad girl doin in baddies with her blowpipe.

Gratz on making this work. Just wondering if there's a way to make them all run up to faster or something? Maybe something you can add to your build? Or is there another toon who has a ca or ability or mod that can help round up things so you guys can tag team?

:cry:

gogo

Well, if there was something like Hate Aura in Lineage 2, it will be possible :cry: For the time being, the closest analogy I can think of in sacred 2 is the Inquisitor's skill Clustering Maelstrom, which forces a bunch of enemies from a certain area to collide together in the center of the maelstrom. Maybe if an Inquisitor forces the collision on top of the HE and she Shadow Steps out of there, the damage will stack and a huge number of baddies will die.

Someone will have to try this out :cry:

Gratz on making this work. Just wondering if there's a way to make them all run up to faster or something? Maybe something you can add to your build? Or is there another toon who has a ca or ability or mod that can help round up things so you guys can tag team?

A TG with Firey Ember/Icy Evanesence? Hit everything onscreen every x seconds?

A Shadow Step / Clustering Maelstrom tag team would be awesome! Ok, who's gonna be mah buddy? :)

Working on a build write up and as soon as I throw some widd on you can be sure I'll be talkin about it! Oh and as for gathering up mobs faster I think server difficulty will improve that. If it's anything like S1 then the enemies will run faster in higher levels. :)

I made an Inquisitor to check out how Clustering Maelstrom works. I'll do a couple of tests to see what's the deal here, since I just finished silver with the Seraphim. With any luck, this may be a rather cool invention and a rather cool way of leveling up :)

However, in order for this to work, the HE will have to be on the Dark campaign - or is it different in online play?

And, if no one else wishes to be your buddy, provided the tests are successful, I volunteer :)

Edited by Dobri

Sounds like we got ourselves a tag team then. :) Mind if we test in Soft Core? Oh and yes, I'll need to choose Dark campaign. Sending PM!

Did you notice any radius increase by the maelstrom? The general idea is that if it doesn't kill the mobs, it is actually the HE that will make short work of them with shadow step. However, so far the radius of the maelstrom barely circumvents Schot's HE surrounded by mobs... And that's something he can do himself...

Another idea - for singles - would be adding Shadow Step onto the end of the Blazing Tempest, Incendiary Shower combo,

keeping SS cooldown as regen time for the combo.

Attract, pummel, then escape giving the survivors one last kick off the map.

I'm gonna scurry off and try that with my pyro HE

That combo is a mass kill anyway. Adding SS would just be the cherry on top.

Threads like these make forum surfing worth while.

Update: level 13 SS does 258 magic damage for me - at level 20; with Combat Discipline and no Ancient Magic.

However, having raised BT and IS regen times to match SS's, ... everyone's dead before SS can take effect.

Will continue testing... <giddy giggling>

Edited by nokka
  • 10 months later...

Don't know what to say... That made me think about the Ruthless Mutilation in the early version of Sacred 2 (without parching) with an energy pistol. Just by using it you could hit EVERY enemy on the screen! If you don't know what am I talking about, check out this:

The translation for the title is "Sacred 2 Multi Gun".

No, It isn't exactly a mod, that is a video from the original Sacred 2 (the first version for sale) with no patches. Unfortunately, since the third patch was released they reduced the numer of shots to 3. A good and a bad thing. Good because that exploit could transform you into a cheap b*****d, and bad because that exploit was just too badass to remove it :cry:

Edited by Zodiac
  • 1 month later...