18 Screenshots

About This File

Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition by Flix

• Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition (S2EE) is the continuation of my work on older mods such as Enhanced Spells and the Community Patch, of which S2EE is meant to be the successor.
  • S2EE contains hundreds of bugfixes, as well as numerous gameplay enhancements such as redesigned balance, quality-of-life improvements, and cosmetic changes.  Enemies are more challenging, quests are more rewarding, and items are more varied, unique, and useful.
  • This mod also features AI-Upscaled Textures that will work if the Elite Textures are installed. These all-new HD textures will be used for the DLC and expansion content which never received any official elite textures.
  • S2EE is designed for the player to install the CORE module, then they may install some optional add-on modules.
  • See the "Sacred 2 EE Manual.pdf" for full list of modules and features.
  • Currently supported languages:
    • CORE module: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Hungarian.
    • Alternate Spells: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish.

Optional Modules:

• Alternate Spells - Swap out several vanilla combat arts with new custom ones.
  • Challenge Mode - Significantly increased difficulty.
  • SuperSpawn - Increases enemy spawn count by 2-3x.
  • Enhanced Music - A game-wide expansion pack for all regional background music.
  • Portrait Overhaul - Revamps all the NPC and enemy icons with new artistic portraits with more character and personality.
  • Free-For-All Quests - Makes all quests available in all game modes, and allows all bosses to respawn each game session.
  • Classic Icons - Restores the aspect background and combat art icons to vanilla.
  • Classic Icons for Alt. Spells - Change the aspect background and combat art icons to the "classic" style.

=================================================

Installation:

• If upgrading from vanilla or EE 3.0 and below: I HIGHLY advise NEW CHARACTERS or you may have broken spells & quests, re-rolled bonuses on gear, or other odd behavior.

• Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
  • After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
  • Extract/copy/move the contents of the compressed zip file into the "MODS" folder.  There should be 9 folders (the Docs folder need not be placed in the MODS folder).
  • S2EE contains one CORE module and eight optional add-on modules.  You must install "Sacred 2 CORE EE 3.2 - Required" at the very least.
  • Run the GME and enable the CORE module.  The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily enable/disable the mod as you wish.
  • - Optional - add-on modules should be installed afterward.  Do not install any of the add-on modules without the CORE module installed first.  Overwrite warnings are to be expected when you install the optional modules.

==================================================

Compatibility:

• This mod requires Sacred 2 + Ice & Blood expansion with the latest patch (2.65.02) installed (or simply Sacred 2 Gold).
  • This mod additionally requires that Community Patch 1.60 be installed.
  • No previous versions or components of the old Enhanced Edition should be installed.
  • No mods that alter scripts will be compatible with S2EE. This includes: Diablo 2 Fallen, Boss Arena, Age of Heroes, Survival Mod, Llama's Mod, Wardust's Mods, Dimitrius's Patch Addendum
  • Mods that are known to be compatible: Music Mods, Interface Mods, Main Menu Mods, Reduced Fog, Elite Textures (either official or the unofficial "trimmed" version), and simple texture mods like Eye mod or Grass mod.

Development (Enhanced Spells module):

For detailed list of changes to combat arts (and Alternate Spells) , and for pictures and videos, and development info, visit this thread:

Known Issues:

• Not all properties of a Combat Art update dynamically in the CA tooltip text. This is a pre-existing issue in the vanilla game as well. However rest assured that all properties of Combat Arts should be clearly described in the CA description text and will appear (if applicable) in the Sigma bonus overview and/or character overview.
  • Dragon's Wrath cannot go into a combo. No known solution.
  • If you find bugs, exploits, or other issues, don't forget to let me know so I can address them.

Credits:

• Flix - Main author, scripts, game texts, textures, sounds, icons.
  • Dimitrius154 - programming, scripting, advice, asset importing.
  • Pesmontis - new model importing, text encoding tools.
  • desm - French translation.
  • Shadowflare85 - German translation.
  • KrystianCzach243r - Polish translation.
  • Nikoleagle and LordKomar - Russian translation.
  • Deivix - Spanish translation.
  • Pokolfajzat - Hungarian translation.
  • Loromir - Italian translation.
  • Lindor - reworked Ancient Bark FX.
  • Ysendra - new Daemon textures.
  • SX255 - new Deathly Spears icon.
  • Luthal - helped work out how to handle summoned minions.
  • Caledor - ideas on adjusting balance, skill effects, and the interface.
  • Charon117 - tools for cleaning & optimizing scripts.
  • Everyone who played the mod and posted feedback.
  • Gogoblender and Schot - hosting this mod on DarkMatters.
  • Llama - making his CM Patch Mod and showing me the way into modding Sacred 2 spells.

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

----------------------------------
General Balance:
    * Critical hit damage is increased from 1.2x to 1.5x damage (2x in Challenge Mode).
    * Max Run Speed cap is raised from 150% to 450% (includes enemies as well).
    * Enemy aggro range increased by 200% (250% in Challenge Mode).
    * Boss aggro range is slightly increased.
    * Range for clearing the map fog of war is doubled (tripled in Challenge Mode).
    * Merchant stock is larger and can have slightly higher quality offers.
    * Special Mounts now gain XP at the same rate as the player (reduced from +300%).
    * Enemy respawn time is increased from 180s to 300s (unchanged in Challenge Mode).
    * Healing potion cooldown is increased from 5s to 7s (10s in Challenge Mode).
    * Gold and XP rewards for solving quests are significantly increased, especially at higher difficulty levels.
    * Added new quest rewards for several bosses and chain quests (unique items, skill or attribute points).
Spells:
    * All weapon-based combat arts, hybrid combat arts, and almost all offensive spells now hurl enemies (ragdoll physics) when they die.
    * Combat Arts that disarm enemies have chance raised to 100%.
    * Divine Gift durations increased by around 50%.  Kuan's Breath will now affect higher level enemies
    * Horse CA Leap now has a scaling 50% chance to break roots, and will slow movement speed of enemies at the starting location.
    * Horse CA Charge now buffs the rider with defense, damage mitigation, and light healing during the charge. The charge damage also scales better and can hurl enemies away.
    * Horse CA Rear Up now has better damage scaling and can hurl enemies away. It also now has a scaling 40% chance for bleeding damage.
    * Assailing Somersault - has greater jump distance.
    * Cleansing Brilliance - health regeneration increased.
    * Fire Demon - demon level scales better with CA increase.
    * Belligerent Vault - has greater jump distance.  Player no longer needs to target an enemy to use it.
    * Twisted Torment - greatly improved base damage and damage from modifications.
    * Amplifying Discharge - now inflicts some base ice damage. Bullets now home in on enemies.
    * Archimedes Beam - has longer range and will knockback enemies.
    * Dragon Form - Fireball and Fire Odem have improved damage.
    * Tornado - now inflicts some base ice damage.
    * Destroyer - now inflicts some base fire damage.
Skills and Attributes:
    * Improved tooltip description text for all skills and attributes.
    * Attributes' effect on weapon damage is increased.
    * Dragon Mage can now learn the following skills: Dual Wield, Hafted Weapons, Ranged Weapons. Spell Resistance is now secondary skill.
    * Dryad can now learn the following skills: Hafted Weapons, Toughness.
    * High Elf can now learn the following skills: Hafted Weapons, Combat Reflexes, Toughness. Constitution is now primary skill.
    * Inquisitor can now use shields and learn the following skill: Shield Lore.
    * Shadow Warrior can now learn the following skill: Magic Staves.
    * Seraphim can now learn the following skill: Hafted Weapons.
    * Temple Guardian can now learn the following skill: Magic Staves. Concentration is now primary skill.
    * Damage Lore is now a primary skill choice for all characters, so that a pure spellcaster doesn't have to take a weapon skill to access it.
    * Pacifism skill removed from game.
    * Alchemy skill now unlocks temporary DOT mitigation on Recovery Elixirs.
    * Trophy powers now scale better with the Alchemy skill.
    * Improved the efficacy of the Enhanced Perception skill.
    * Decreased the efficacy of the Toughness skill.  Armor and Damage Mitigation granted by Toughness are now at 85% of the former values.
    * Increased the efficacy of the Speed Lore skill.  Attack, Defense, and Run Speed granted by Speed Lore are now at 140% of the former values.
    * Increased the efficacy of Blacksmith Mastery's chance to extract items without destroying the other socketed items (now caps around 97% at highest skill level). In return, Blacksmithing costs are not reduced as much by the skill.
    * Blacksmith Mastery now unlocks a third powerful bonus on each Blacksmith Art.
Creatures:
    * Elite enemies (and some bosses) have greater damage, hitpoints, and chance to hit, and also grant more XP per kill.
    * The Creature of Skull Rock (Shadow Path quest opponent) is now a large and powerful boss monster.
    * Varmin (Dragon Mage class quest opponent) has a new appearance and is now a powerful boss enemy.
    * Elite red Young Dragons will no longer cast Meteor Shower.
    * Dragon bosses have more varied spells and damage types depending on location (e.g., poison for Swamp Dragon, ice for Frost Dragon, etc.).
    * More Dark Paladins now spawn in the Dark Army's ranks.
    * Elite Aracin and elite Ursacin can now spawn outside of quests.
    * Several enemies now use shields: Dryad Cultists, Minotaurs, Haenir, Daloriel the Depraved, "Ancient Secrets" Guardians.
    * Thranak the Mad Ogre now uses a T-Energy staff.
    * Thraconians and Lizardmen now have more weapon/shield variation.
    * Elite Griffins get a new skin.
    * Improved variation of Human Noble quest characters (no longer the same NPC used for 16 different quests).
    * Lengthy enemy names shortened for Jungle Lizards, Elf Pirates, Inquisition Guards, and Dragon Cultists.
    * Varieties of Olm, Thraconians, and Cultists now have different names based on what kind of attacks they use.
    * Adjusted some enemy names to better match their appearance and the quest texts: Small Spider, Undead Auxillar, Moldered Skeleton Archer, Flayed One.
    * Special Mounts make less noisy and intrusive idle sounds.
Items:
    * Weapon icon size is standardized for all weapon types (e.g., all 2h Axes are 2x4, all Shortswords are 1x3, etc.).
    * Several longswords and sabers that were re-classed as shortswords by the CM Patch (based on their small icon size) are switched back, and their icons are enlarged instead. Likewise a few smaller swords are reclassed as shortswords.
    * Intensely bright glow fx on several weapons and shields is reduced so that the underlying designs can be seen better. 
    * Selling Price modifier removed from random items' bonus lists. Replaced with Survival Bonus on uniques.
    * Chance to Find Valuables modifier on Legendary Relics no longer requires the Enhanced Perception skill.
    * Decreased values of "Damage Mitgation: All +X%" equipment modifier to approximately 75% of the former values. This does not affect single element Damage Mitigation or Damage Mitigation granted by Combat Arts.
    * Decreased values of "Block Chance" equipment modifiers unlocked by Shield Lore to approximately 75% of the former values.
    * Rare-tier damage converters may now have a Chance for Secondary Effect +% based on damage type.
    * The player can now find unique damage converters which give additional Damage +% based on damage type.
    * Leech life from opponents (LL%) will no longer appear on rare items, only unique or better.
    * Regeneration per hit (RPH) will no longer appear on magic items, only rare or better.
    * Merchants will now sell Concentration Potions and Recovery Elixirs.
    * Blacksmiths will now sell shields.
    * Legendary jewelry now spawns with an additional bonus at level 75+, typically unlocked by skill mastery.
    * High level rare items now have a good chance for an extra bonus or socket.
    * Added racial damage bonuses to Bugslayer, Orcslayer, Dragonslayer, and Dragon's Nemesis.
    * Uniques are re-balanced. Overpowered weapons and shields now have reduced modifiers and fewer sockets, while underpowered items (particularly 2h weapons) have modifier boosts and more sockets.
    * Selection of normal/magic/rare items is more varied, and item appearance, quality, rarity are better matched. Some unused Ascaron designs are activated as well.
    * Unique items are now unique in appearance. They will not share models with one other. This will only affect items dropped after installing the mod.
    * Miniset designs are reworked to be more visually coherent. Set pieces match one other better now. Only affects pieces dropped after installing the mod.
    * Added a new green Dragonscale armor for the Dragon Mage that can be found as random rares, as well as part of the miniset Halgrim's Law.
    * 20 new shield designs are introduced to the pool of random items the player may find or buy.
    * 16 new bow designs are introduced.
    * 6 new throwing star designs are introduced.
    * 2 new pole arm designs are introduced.
    * 16 new magic staff designs are introduced.
    * 15 new hafted weapon designs are introduced.
    * 22 new sword weapon designs are introduced.
    * Revised bonuses on items rewarded for completing the character class quests. Characters also get a unique helm in addition to a weapon.

• Like! 10
  • Thanks! 1
  • Respect! 2
  • Appreciation 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, Flix.

Sry for my bad eng)

Will this mod work on CM-Patch v.0160b

I tried to install it. Mod removed some files from the game.

I saw "Sacred 2.....CM-Patch 0150+ESM" in game menu (but I want to see 0160+ESM :drool:)

No.  CM 1.60 is in beta testing status.  Not a good a idea for me to start releasing mods updated for a patch that isn't even finalized yet and changes every few days.

All mods will be updated for CM 1.60 only after the final patch is released.

• Like! 1

Hey I'm new to sacred 2 and would like to try this mod out.

I'm just curious as to what exactly challenge mode and superspawn do?

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Fabur said:

@Flix I just tried out your mod for a few hours and like it so far. There is one thing that bugs me a bit though: The Sublime Guardians ability to convert enemies for a short time. For me it slows down the gameplay a bit, as I cannot kill enemies that are currently under the influence of the convert spell. So I have to wait for the spell to finish or have them teleport after me for the duration of spell. Is there any way to make them killable while they are effected by the spell? Or maybe reduce the duration or even replace the skill completely (as you have already done for the Seraphim herself)?

Thanks for trying the mod!  I gave the Sublime Guardian the Conversion CA because I would have liked a way to keep that spell in the game.  Similarly, I gave the Inquisitor's Daemon Raving Thrust.

If there's negative feedback about Conversion I'll consider removing it.

2 hours ago, AnonEMoose44 said:

Hey I'm new to sacred 2 and would like to try this mod out.

I'm just curious as to what exactly challenge mode and superspawn do?

I added the descriptions of these two modules to the details on the file page.  :) 

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Thanks for trying the mod!  I gave the Sublime Guardian the Conversion CA because I would have liked a way to keep that spell in the game.  Similarly, I gave the Inquisitor's Daemon Raving Thrust.

If there's negative feedback about Conversion I'll consider removing it.

Thanks for creating the mod! :D

Hm, maybe rework it into a mod for the Sublime Guardian, if that is possible? So people who like the playstyle can mod for it and everyone else can go for a straight power up for the summon.

• Like! 1

so I downloaded the mod and installed it, I thought I didnt have the new spells but I do. Thing is they are new ones but all the text including the names and the modifications to all the combat arts are the old spell text.. how do I fix?

Edited by ben007
4 hours ago, ben007 said:

so I downloaded the mod and installed it, I thought I didnt have the new spells but I do. Thing is they are new ones but all the text including the names and the modifications to all the combat arts are the old spell text.. how do I fix?

What language is your game installation?

I believe I had to change it to "language uk" because no text was showing up on menus  or in game. Not sure now, I think the advance spells added all the formatted langues it supports. When I have it set to US I get game sounds and voices but no text, when I set it to UK I get old combat art text and no sound, but updated combat arts,

Edited by ben007

But what was the language set to originally?  US?  This is the gold version of the game?

Great job Flix and I'm glad to see some of the balance aspects I posted last july like the tweaks to sockets. I'll definitively try this. One thing is missing and it makes me wonder (since you said you liked it)... why did you decide against giving Temple Guardian and Inquisitor additional amulet/ring slots? Our discussion from back then for reference:

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, Caledor said:

Great job Flix and I'm glad to see some of the balance aspects I posted last july like the tweaks to sockets. I'll definitively try this. One thing is missing and it makes me wonder (since you said you liked it)... why did you decide against giving Temple Guardian and Inquisitor additional amulet/ring slots? Our discussion from back then for reference:

I guess I just forgot?  :(  I added it to Diablo 2 Fallen a while back.  Just never made it onto my EE project list I guess.

On 3/28/2018 at 2:51 PM, Caledor said:

I know it's been 4 months but I was just reviewing this feature and it turns I did in fact add the extra TG jewelry slots in v2.0.  I just forgot to list it the changelog!

• Thanks! 1
On 30/7/2018 at 4:41 AM, Flix said:

I know it's been 4 months but I was just reviewing this feature and it turns I did in fact add the extra TG jewelry slots in v2.0.  I just forgot to list it the changelog!

Thanks for the heads up and I'm glad you went along with it in the end

• Like! 1

Could you tell me the answer to the questions of the modding
1) Is it possible to tie the ability to an object so that when it is put on, the spell is added to the free cell. Can the ability be given from a complete set of things?
2) Can I add new abilities when turning into a dragon form?

3 hours ago, Wolfcat92 said:

Could you tell me the answer to the questions of the modding
1) Is it possible to tie the ability to an object so that when it is put on, the spell is added to the free cell. Can the ability be given from a complete set of things?
2) Can I add new abilities when turning into a dragon form?

Greetings!

1) No this is not possible in Sacred 2, sadly

2) No, we never found a way around the code limitations to add new player combat arts, even when shapeshifted.  All you can do is change the existing ones.  If you want to do that, look in spells.txt and edit the entries:  "dm_form_drgn_teleport", "dm_form_drgn_feuerball", and "dm_form_drgn_feuerwand".