About This File
What's New in Version 2.2 See changelog
Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition 2.2 Changelog:
(Changes affect all versions of the mod unless otherwise noted)
Enemy and NPC:
* Gave a balancing pass to all elite enemies in the game to smooth out unintentionally excessive damage, hitpoints, and XP per kill.
* The damage of the various enemy Hard Hit/Multi-Hit attacks is greatly reduced to avoid unfair damage spikes that could one-shot the player.
* Gahanka, Bloodclaw, and Holos got powered up to keep them in line with other bosses in EE. They have greater damage, hit chance, hitpoints, and resistances.
* Several vanilla quest opponents are now more powerful, worthy foes (TyBosso, Ihheni, Nagash, the Djinn, Sheik Yerbouti, and many others).
* Revised spells for each individual Dragon boss to make each one more distinct.
* Fixed a spell animation bug that caused some bosses to "stall" during combat. Enemies affected are: Mutated Dragon, Grinch the Frost Dragon, and the White Griffin.
* Fixed a minor texture bug with Small Spiders.
* Spider venom spit attack now does Poison/Poison DOT instead of Physical/Poison DOT.
* Changed the FX on Shelob's "Frosty Lair" spell to avoid severe performance loss.
* Leaping Plants no longer make jet engine sounds when they jump.
* Hitboxes for Rats, Bats, and Small Dragons are now more appropriately sized.
* Kobold Chiefs and Wolf Riders should no longer spawn with the equipment of Kobold Shamans.
* Thraconian beards are now matched to the hair color of the models they spawn on (red, black, or grey).
* Harpy spawns increased in the western Nor Plat mountains.
* Fixed a small area in Dyr Lain where Panthers were spawning instead of Jungle Cats.
* The Marigold Fields in the Swamps are cleared of Undead (replaced with Tree Spirits) because it is a major plot point that the marigolds drive away the Undead.
* Increased run speed of vanilla mounts, increased walk speed of all mounts.
* Random rare Energy Weapons, Energy Pistols, and Lightsabers have overhauled bonuses and should no longer spawn with bonuses to classes that can't use them.
* The following Legendary weapons now have a portion of their base damage as elemental (formerly 100% physical): Roger's Roving Razor, Methedrin's Scepter, Braggis' Law, Aarnum's Scepter, Thunderstrike, Soorn's Righteous Blade, Aeon Flux.
* Increased base damage of the following weapons: Trychelion's Pole, Sceptrum Dominus, Globus Cruciger.
* Decreased drop rate of the following uniques & mini-sets: Darwagon's Circlet, Tanit's Collar, Tooth and Nail, Eternal Return, Smoke Without Fire.
* Increased Temple Guardian unique battery drop rate slightly.
* Increased Legendary overall drop rate slightly.
* Increased minimum drop level to 20 for the following: The Silent Water, Glaurung's Remnants.
* Infinite Revenge set: Chestplate of Fury renamed to Crown of Fury because it is a helm.
* Item modifier: Life leeched per hit (Gold) is increased to ~2X power.
* Item modifier: Damage +% (all-channel) is decreased to be 1/2 the value of single-channel damage bonuses (was 2/3).
* Item modifier: Damage Mitigation +% (all-channel) is decreased to be 1/2 the value of single-channel damage mitigation (was 2/3).
* Item modifier: Wounds Increase Damage Dealt has doubled values.
* Item modifier: Chance for Critical Hits (unlocked by Sword Weapons and Ranged Weapons) has doubled values.
* Item modifier: Chance for Critical Hits (unlocked by Sword Mastery and Polearm Mastery) has tripled values.
* Item modifier: Regeneration per Hit no longer spawns on rare rings. The value on unique/set/legendary rings is reduced to 1/2 values. Many 2h weapons now have increased values.
* Chance for individual secondary damage effects (burn, poison, freeze, weaken) on items are increased to be equal to Chance for Open Wounds.
* Blacksmith Arts: Enhance and Whet now use the correct versions of Chance for Critical Hits and Damage +%, respectively.
* Various amendments to the game texts to expand & clarify quest logs and NPC dialogue. Hundreds of typos & inconsistencies are corrected as well.
* Completing the Swirling Mist of Miasma quest now drops Faye's Gloom instead of the (High Elf-only) Ring of Swirling Mist.
* Completing the Garganthropod quest now drops Signet of the Apocalypse instead of Amulet of the Jade Scarab.
* "The Scarabs' Lair": now drops Amulet of the Jade Scarab upon completion.
* "Against the Blood Dryads": now drops Sword of the Blood Dryads upon completion.
* "A Feast": Swampbelly Toads are now actually toads instead of turtles.
* "Betrayed by Fate": Ramiere's Reincarnation now has a weapon.
* "Attack is the Best Defense": Du'Rach Commander Harrad'smit is now a boss-level opponent.
* Fixed swapped quest spiders between "The Perfect Green" and "The Metamorphosis."
* Main Quest: Light-path characters can now strike the killing blow on Grand Inquisitor Nimonuil.
* Soul Hammer: Fixed an animation bug that caused the Seraphim to lay sideways in the saddle when mounted and using 2h swords.
* Divine Protection: Fixed swapped strings for bronze mods Capacity/Steadfast. Enhanced Spells incorrectly had the Original Spells text, and vice-versa.
* Black Seraphim opponent is now classified as Undead in accordance with the quest story. She is upgraded to boss status and is now able to equip armor and weapons.
* Class quest "Children and Demons III": no longer has the demons pre-transformed before the plot twist.
* Class quest "The Hunt III": Black Seraphim now commands Undead Orcs and Ogres instead of generic Orcs.
* Class quest "The Beginning of the End": Black Seraphim final battle now takes place in the Swamp underneath Hesheth, as the dialogs and quest logs suggest it should.
* Class quest "Whoops" now drops Amulet of the Sereish as reward.
* Class quest "In the Badlands": Shirka Alana regains her fighting gear and is elite-class.
* Class quest "All or Nothing": now drops Gloves of the Executor as reward.
* Class quest "Settlement From Beyond the Grave": now drops the Ring of Swirling Mist instead of a random ring.
* Class quest "Delivery" should no longer finish prematurely or have blank phases in the log.
* Class quest "Orcish Necromancers": now features Undead Orcs instead of generic zombies.
* Class quest "Past Mistakes": log now shows the "Resurrection Sword" quest item instead of a perfect crystal.
* Class quest "Brothers in Arms": now drops Draligan's Gloves as reward instead of a random amulet.
* Class quest "Diligent Apprentices": Outlaw Theodus now equipped with a hunting bow.
* Class quest "Missing Women": now drops Witches' Sabbath as reward.
* Class quest "Rust": Troll opponent is now much more powerful. Now drops Dura's Cell as reward instead of two lesser health potions.
* Mind Strike: Due to enemy CA regen debuff not working, this property is replaced with Chance for Open Wounds. Bronze mod "Weakness" is replaced with "Trauma," which adds Physical DOT.
* Class quest "Dratted Little Beasts": Rat opponents are more powerful. Now drops Dragonleather Shoes as reward.
(Enhanced Spells Only):
* Inquisitor's Mortifying Pillory: Silver mod "Punishment" changed back to vanilla "Expulsion" which increases the duration.
* Inquisitor buff Harbinger of Death renamed to Battle Daemon. Gold mods are replaced with "Poison Daemon" and "Fire Daemon" which are upgraded forms with elemental attacks and resistances.
* Draconic Ally: damage of Blazing Tempest-like spell is decreased (roughly 1/2 former values).
(Challenge Mode Only):
* Enemy resistances are moderately increased across the board.
- With version 2.2: