About This File
Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition by Flix
- Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition (S2EE) is the continuation of my work on older mods such as Enhanced Spells and the Community Patch, of which S2EE is meant to be the successor.
- S2EE contains hundreds of bugfixes, as well as numerous gameplay enhancements such as redesigned balance, quality-of-life improvements, and cosmetic changes. Enemies are more challenging, quests are more rewarding, and items are more varied, unique, and useful.
- This mod also features AI-Upscaled Textures that will work if the Elite Textures are installed. These all-new HD textures will be used for the DLC and expansion content which never received any official elite textures.
- S2EE is designed for the player to install the CORE module, then they may install some optional add-on modules.
- See the "Sacred 2 EE 3.1 Manual.pdf" for full list of modules and features.
Currently supported languages:
- CORE module: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Hungarian.
- Alternate Spells: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
- Alternate Spells - Swap out several vanilla combat arts with new custom ones.
- Challenge Mode - Significantly increased difficulty.
- SuperSpawn - Increases enemy spawn count by 2-3x.
- Enhanced Music - A game-wide expansion pack for all regional background music.
- Portrait Overhaul - Revamps all the NPC and enemy icons with new artistic portraits with more character and personality.
- Free-For-All Quests - Makes all quests available in all game modes, and allows all bosses to respawn each game session.
- Classic Icons - Restores the aspect background and combat art icons to vanilla.
- Classic Icons for Alt. Spells - Change the aspect background and combat art icons to the "classic" style.
I HIGHLY advise NEW CHARACTERS or you may have broken spells & quests, re-rolled bonuses on gear, or other odd behavior.
Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
- Mod Enabler is available at http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml
- For Steam the root folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold
- For GOG or disk version, the root folder is wherever you installed the game, for example C:\Sacred 2 Gold
- After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
- Extract/copy/move the contents of the compressed zip file into the "MODS" folder. There should be 9 folders (the Docs folder need not be placed in the MODS folder).
- S2EE contains one CORE module and eight optional add-on modules. You must install "Sacred 2 CORE EE 3.1 - Required" at the very least.
- Run the GME and enable the CORE module. The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily enable/disable the mod as you wish.
- - Optional - add-on modules should be installed afterward. Do not install any of the add-on modules without the CORE module installed first. Overwrite warnings are to be expected when you install the optional modules.
- This mod requires Sacred 2 + Ice & Blood expansion with the latest patch (2.65.02) installed (or simply Sacred 2 Gold).
- This mod additionally requires that Community Patch 1.60 be installed.
- No previous versions or components of the old Enhanced Edition should be installed.
- No mods that alter scripts will be compatible with S2EE. This includes: Diablo 2 Fallen, Boss Arena, Age of Heroes, Survival Mod, Llama's Mod, Wardust's Mods, Dimitrius's Patch Addendum
- Mods that are known to be compatible: Music Mods, Interface Mods, Main Menu Mods, Reduced Fog, Elite Textures (either official or the unofficial "trimmed" version), and simple texture mods like Eye mod or Grass mod.
Development (Enhanced Spells module):
For detailed list of changes to combat arts (and Alternate Spells) , and for pictures and videos, and development info, visit this thread:
- Not all properties of a Combat Art update dynamically in the CA tooltip text. This is a pre-existing issue in the vanilla game as well. However rest assured that all properties of Combat Arts should be clearly described in the CA description text and will appear (if applicable) in the Sigma bonus overview and/or character overview.
- Dragon's Wrath cannot go into a combo. No known solution.
- If you find bugs, exploits, or other issues, don't forget to let me know so I can address them.
- Flix - Main author, scripts, game texts, textures, sounds, icons.
- Dimitrius154 - programming, scripting, advice, asset importing.
- Pesmontis - new model importing, text encoding tools.
- desm - French translation.
- Shadowflare85 - German translation.
- KrystianCzach243r - Polish translation.
- Nikoleagle and LordKomar - Russian translation.
- Deivix - Spanish translation.
- Pokolfajzat - Hungarian translation.
- Loromir - Italian translation.
- Ysendra - new Daemon textures.
- SX255 - new Deathly Spears icon.
- Luthal - helped work out how to handle summoned minions.
- Caledor - ideas on adjusting balance, skill effects, and the interface.
- Charon117 - tools for cleaning & optimizing scripts.
- Everyone who played the mod and posted feedback.
- Gogoblender and Schot - hosting this mod on DarkMatters.
- Llama - making his CM Patch Mod and showing me the way into modding Sacred 2 spells.
What's New in Version 3.1 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.