Exterminator Mod -- by Flix
Got arachnophobia? Tired of working as Ancarian pest control? This mod is for you.
* Exterminator Mod replaces/removes all rats and insects from the game. This does not apply to creatures spawned through quests, or the insect bosses.
* Replacement creatures include any and all other manner of monsters. Replacements were chosen to make sense in terms of the given region.
* Some quests may become unfinishable because they require the player to kill x amount of spiders, scarabs, etc. I assume players that want this mod wouldn't want to play those quests anyway.
* This mod requires Sacred 2 + Ice & Blood expansion with the latest patch (2.65.02) installed (or simply Sacred 2 Gold), plus Community Patch 1.60.
* Should be compatible with any mod except for Diablo 2 Fallen. The only file altered is spawn.txt. Check the scripts of any other mods you have installed to be sure.
* Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
** Mod Enabler is available at http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml
** For Steam the root folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold
** For GOG or disk version, the root folder is wherever you installed the game, for example C:\Sacred 2 Gold
* After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
* Extract/copy/move the contents of the compressed file into the "MODS" folder. There should be a folder called "Exterminator Mod".
* Run the GME and enable the mod. The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily enable/disable the mod as you wish.