A guide to the Orc Cave - your easy way to a ton of XP and drops!

Went there as a level 17 dw seraphim(silver) - I was fine.

Probably took until level 30 before I didn't have to worry about dying every time, though.

sounds like your build and tactics are good. just a word of caution- this game is based on a roll of the dice for chance. You can run that cave for an hour with no problem- leave the game and come back- and !BAM! one of them will stun you and give his 3 buddies all a free shot and your RIP before you now it. Be warned!

Do these guys drop as well on the 360 as other champs or have they been nerfed down? I ask this because I have killed them quite a number of times now and I have had very little success at finding much of anything. I have already run them for 30 straight minutes (probably 60 clearings) on platinum and found only health potions, gold and a few horrible rings and ammies. I have my pickup set at 2-star mind you so that I don't fill up too quickly. Are you guys farming these guys for hours straight?

Good chance to find valuables is key. and in Platinum I assume you are still trying to 1 shot kill these guys, otherwise the loot isn't as good, I had some of my best runs in the 40-65 levels when I have a good deal of +all skills and EP was at level and I had on 6 relics with EP. after that I stopped supporting the EP in favor of bargaining and never got the same quality of drops again.

Wait a minute... since when does 1 shot killing effect drops? Also, neither of our builds have EP so we have zero of that....

always. the faster you kill em the better your chance of a good drop. a long drawn out fight tightens the purse strings a you go.

Has this been thouroughly tested? Because you may be under the illusion that faster kills is better drops, when actually it could be that faster kills just equals more runs increasing the amount of chances to find rarer drops. If you get what I mean.

Edited by sam6555
Has this been thouroughly tested? Because you may be under the illusion that faster kills is better drops, when actually it could be that faster kills just equals more runs increasing the amount of chances to find rarer drops. If you get what I mean.

I get your point, but yes faster kills in general for all loot dropping monsters especially bosses gets you more goodies per 100 kills. Compared to taking way too long on those same 100 kills. That's why you see some of the He Pyromancer builds in here commenting that they can't find set pieces at level 50 and below. they just don't have the quick kill power yet. where a seraphim or Shadow Warrior or even a HE with magic coup starts picking up sets at level 15 and they fill there chests with um.

And more chances is also part of the equation as well. Since drops are not guaranteed in this game. only the chance to drop. so you improve your chances with everything at your disposal. chance to find valuables, survival bonus, fast kills, etc.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! First post here ;)

My friend and I have been doing cave runs with our BFG seras since the mid teens. We are currently level 50 and on Gold (PS3).

This is a fairly ideal place for BFG'ers to level. We both have Enhanced Perception (although only 1 hard point in it so far, giving me a total EP of ~level 65) and the drops are great. I would guess I get a set or unique at least once per run (Run being defined as clearing until my pack gets full, around 11-14 clears of the cave).

I use pelting strikes and soul hammer in a spammable combo and the orcs die in ~2 seconds. They don't get an opporunity to hit me unless the spiders spawn at the door and I auto-target those first. I don't pay attention to their damage at all because they absoultely cannot get through Divine Protection (level 35) before they are dead. I can get 5 clears in to a Mentor pot, and throw up DP after every other clear. Experience gained with a mentor pot active is roughly equivalent to killing a Nameless, so 4 clears per pot is like killing all 4 Nameless bosses, experience-wise. As others have posted before, quick kiling in as few shots as possible, coupled with a fair amount of enhanced perception seems to govern the quality of your drops; any build set up for boss-slaying should do fairly well here.

Hello everyone! First post here :bounce:

My friend and I have been doing cave runs with our BFG seras since the mid teens. We are currently level 50 and on Gold (PS3).

This is a fairly ideal place for BFG'ers to level. We both have Enhanced Perception (although only 1 hard point in it so far, giving me a total EP of ~level 65) and the drops are great. I would guess I get a set or unique at least once per run (Run being defined as clearing until my pack gets full, around 11-14 clears of the cave).

I use pelting strikes and soul hammer in a spammable combo and the orcs die in ~2 seconds. They don't get an opporunity to hit me unless the spiders spawn at the door and I auto-target those first. I don't pay attention to their damage at all because they absoultely cannot get through Divine Protection (level 35) before they are dead. I can get 5 clears in to a Mentor pot, and throw up DP after every other clear. Experience gained with a mentor pot active is roughly equivalent to killing a Nameless, so 4 clears per pot is like killing all 4 Nameless bosses, experience-wise. As others have posted before, quick kiling in as few shots as possible, coupled with a fair amount of enhanced perception seems to govern the quality of your drops; any build set up for boss-slaying should do fairly well here.

welcome Ryan! thanks for the post. enjoy that cave it is a real Gem. another that is fun to loot is the cave on dryad' east island. There is a dragon in there you can respawn in a similar way to the orc cave.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree with the "one shotting the champs yields better loot in the long run" (not your exact words, I know).

I don't think I've ever managed to one shot those champs with a HE, however, with a high magic find I've even had a legendary drop in the cave and more set pieces and uniques than I can hope to stash in my chest. Granted, killing bosses in under 3 seconds or whatnot has been proven to yield more rewards, but like I said, I'm a tad sceptical about the whole 1 shotting the champs = more valuable loot.

My seraphim that can one shot the champs, that also has a high magic find, fairs no better than my HE's. If what you say is true, then we must be talking minute margins here that are barely noticeable. From experience, I can safely say killing the champs using Raging Nimbus, that hits multiple times, makes no difference to the loot drops.

Edited by BlackJAC

Loco never actually mentioned one-shotting, you said that they were'nt his words and then go onto disagree with them anyway. He always, uses kill speed, and just because your raging nimbus hits lots, doesnt mean it doesnt kill fast.

Loco never actually mentioned one-shotting, you said that they were'nt his words and then go onto disagree with them anyway. He always, uses kill speed, and just because your raging nimbus hits lots, doesnt mean it doesnt kill fast.

I was responding to this:

Good chance to find valuables is key. and in Platinum I assume you are still trying to 1 shot kill these guys, otherwise the loot isn't as good, I had some of my best runs in the 40-65 levels when I have a good deal of +all skills and EP was at level and I had on 6 relics with EP. after that I stopped supporting the EP in favor of bargaining and never got the same quality of drops again.

To me, 1 shotting means hit once and you're done. Regardless of how fast RN kills, it's not one shot. Ok, you knew that, but my point was, one shotting, 2 hits or 3 hits make no difference as long as they're dispatched within a certain time. Something which we all agree on.

I just thought there was no point in confusing people.

Edited by BlackJAC
Here's a "piece" of cake for everyone:

2577493021_c4edfe7527.jpg

Don't take all the icing!

:bounce:

gogo

Can I get a piece with the pretty pink flowers on the side?

I was responding to this:

To me, 1 shotting means hit once and you're done. Regardless of how fast RN kills, it's not one shot. Ok, you knew that, but my point was, one shotting, 2 hits or 3 hits make no difference as long as they're dispatched within a certain time. Something which we all agree on.

I just thought there was no point in confusing people.

And I would say that, I too believe it is time from first engagement to death that is key. my 1 shot comment was too specific. It is kill speed IMO

• 3 months later...

I've been running this cave with my astral SW for a while now on the xbox, and I think that the cave despawning is caused by letting the corpses dissappear. Also, when I used rallied souls on the orc corpses, and later re-entered, there were only 2 orcs in the cave.

I've been running this cave with my astral SW for a while now on the xbox, and I think that the cave despawning is caused by letting the corpses dissappear. Also, when I used rallied souls on the orc corpses, and later re-entered, there were only 2 orcs in the cave.

Hrm... That sounds "logical" in the most Sacred of ways! :)

I'll test with Inexorable Subjectation and Eruptive Descecration, I should find the same results!

• 2 weeks later...

So, if you let the dead bodies of the Orcs "disappear" then you will get a lower # of Orcs the next run.

Using Combat Arts that explode, reanimate, etc... do not change this, but then you cannot tell (as easily) when they disappear, which takes about 30 - 45

seconds (just a rough guess).

• 1 month later...

Ah, so the cave is near the split of the roads to sloptok, karagh and blulutuz. I was then not far from it, but missed it. Found so far the mine at Za' zuruik (with that crime scene) and the burial cave of gronkor.

Sounds like a good place to test if your character is strong enough and where you can get some good items. Not that I haven't any good at the moment, but my seraphim doesn't have much items of the niokaste set.

Same goes for the ice elf, which only have 1 piece of faladal's blizzard. However, I do have quite some unique items (like sword of the blood dryads, enui's swift string, 2 ysandrifa's law, bar'tender ring, etc)

Visited the famous cave yesterday with my level 39 hybrid hunter dryad, but the loot was nothing spectacular. Indeed, 4 champion orc champions and 1 spider. Took them in a little time down and had to use 1 healing potion (forgot to activate ggt before facing them) I finished them at the bridge, took then the spider down and picked up the loot. But no set item or unique's or legendaries. Just random white and blue items.

I also had the feeling that the amount of xp was just the same as with every other orc. Also, when I returned short after in the cave it was empty. The orcs didn't respawn and I hadn't opened any chest.

A disappointment. I gained a piece of a set item not far from the cave (near the road to blulutuz) and short after also an unique item. I guess just farming across Nor Plat is more profitable then this one cave.

Hi, nice tutorial you made out here. I have a question for my Seraphin on gold,I am level 68, I have almost full celestial (not a high one though) and if I check my statistics I'm around 1,5k in armor and I think I do around 3 or 3,5k damage. I almost have 8,5k in life, and I want to know if you think that I can handle them (It took me around 150 health pots for final boss in silver). I know it's not an ultra build because I made some mistakes when I took my skill but I want to do this for mf.

I'm near the 90% bonus survive and I don't really want to waste all these energies. Thanks

Since you play the vanilla S2FA, I can't give you precise information. If you made your build well (you never told me what the build is), you should have absolutely no problems with those orcs. 8.5k HP should suffice if you have enough damage to show for.

• 1 month later...

So yeah...

This cave is pretty sweet. After reading this topic today (had never heard of the cave before) I go over to said cave and proceed to rape face on some paper orc champions. I gained 2 levels in roughly an hour (didn't have any xp potions). Went in as a level 46 SW. The really cool thing about this is that after about 10-15 runs I got an Officer Saber. HAR HAR! 4 slots. 3 gold one silver. It's level 65. I go to the nearest town to get this baby gem'd up but the tool of a smith tells me I can only forge weps up to level 63 and the Officer Saber is level 65. How exactly do I boost the forge level or what ever it's called?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this has already been posted here, but I didn't want to read the whole topic, so yea, sorry.

Anyways, I find that the orcs will respawn as long as you leave the cave before they turn green. This presents another interesting opportunity. If I go in the cave and the orcs are fighting the spiders, I let them kill the spiders, then I kill the orcs and wait till the spiders turn green. Once that happens, I leave the cave. From then on, everytime I reenter the cave, only the orcs spawn. No more stupid chasing after the orcs and wasting 5 seconds.

Hope this helps. Btw, any other good places like this for farm and level?