Belligerent Vault

I've been wanting to make BV Shadow Warrior build for awhile but couldn't because the CA would constantly misfire in combat. When not in combat it would work fairly reliably. Still not sure if it's a ping issue, something with my pc, or CA is messed up. Even if in combo it wouldn't work well.

So last night I decided to try and see if I could get it to work...and found the trick to make it work almost 100% of time

1. The Shadow Warrior must be completely stopped...He can not be moving and not using any LMB commands.

2. You must target an opponent when executing. If you don't while in combat it will always misfire. Though oddly it will always work when clicking anywhere when not in combat.

I had in a combo (BV 1st, then Frenzied Rampage) and if BV killed targeted opponent, FR would target next enemy and move to it even if half a screen away. This combo worked every time. Occasionally BV would misfire because I was still moving but FR executed each time.

Now I gotta find out if BV is any good :D

Edited by Knuckles

Yeah I have noticed that too, you can't move or the skill will failed.. :D

Shame this skill doesn't have 1/10 of the power of Stomping Jump from sacred 1. Just 1/2 of his power would be enough.

I have the routine (regeneration), Shock (Opponents are slowed down at the start location) and Commotion (briefly stun opponents). The shock mod can be useful is you want to flee or if you are already near opponents. But the stun effect from commotion isn't really powerfull, it's really a chance to briefly stun opponents.

My belligerent Vault is at level 100.

This CA need to have is damage x2 and his effect duration prolonged.

Darn, was really hoping the stun wasn't a variable. My plan was to round up enemies then do a BV/FR combo on them and then rinse/repeat for any that are left. It might still work for what I want...but if stun chance isn't affected by CA level I may add a 3rd CA to combo. Might anyways. I could put Augmenting Guidon in there, but not sure how that affects combo regen.

Yep the stun effect isn't really what I have inspected. The chance to stun is affected by the CA level, but is duration is very low, maybe 1sec... not long enough

As for the damage, very low imo, maybe you could boost this CA with ancient magic?

I think Tactics Lore would affect it and not Ancient Magic..easy to test...just change weapons and see if damage changes..if it does then it's Tactics and if not it's Ancient...though I'm pretty sure only Tactics Lore affects damage Combat Arts in both Demonic Warrior and Malevolent Champion Aspects

I made a test :

It's not weapon based.

Yes you're right it's affected by tactics lore. And the damage are still low...mmh

But it's affected by ancient magic also! lol

It's not strengh based but intelligence!

This skill is full of surprise.

Maybe you can make a build around belligerent vault with tactics lore and ancient magic.

"Jumping around won't make you any smarter" Is what I want to say.. but you guys seem to prove the contrary. How weird it may be to let INT be the Mod for BV, that's wrong I think.

Putting that aside and take what we can, it does seem interesting, never did I expect this CA to be affected by TL ánd AM. A few questions to boot:

-> Is there a, significant, difference in damage contributed between the two skills (TL and AM)

-> I read that occasionally it misfires, how hard was it to control this untamed CA?

-> The SW has a low base INT, would the damage actually be any good when you stack on that fully?

-> Isn't this CA a classic misunderstood CA?

-> Is it worth taking this concept into a build?

-> Worth compared to other builds that have already proven themselves?

-> Or is this mainly for fun/change of pace?

Keep us all posted!

Cheers,

Sylph

I wonder if you could make an astral/malevolent build that in between putting up Guidon/Skeletal Fortifications he will Jump around as a stun debuff + damage? Given that such a build would have int/Ancient Magic probably.

BV is considered a "spell." It has intensity just like any other non-weapon based CA. So, in that respect it DOES make sense that int would boost it (that and int boosts the dmg of ALL Combat Arts based on a how much in you have and how much damage the CA is doing).

• 1 month later...

I was thinking I would try it with AG, jump into a pack of monsters or a Boss, lay down my banner, pop my other combo and go to town...

I mean Ive enjoyed using my mount to jump over walls when I dont want to walk around