The Dual Wield INT Staff Nature Dryad

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for doubble post, but man I love this char, sofar level 30 im in dessert going for the scorp boss and im doing about 2,5k damage now with am :blink: regen 40,4 on AM and 2,1 on RI :)

yeah its a great build, thx again Viper

My toon stopped now at level 132 in niob -damage is now ~140 k :blink: (~1200 runes in AM)-will reactivate this monster with the addon

@Epox do you need some gear for your toon?

Edited by Chrona
hey I just started playing this build on 360 about a week ago its going great so far but my regular hit do more damage than my CA: DA/RI any reason for this? if anyone has any ideas on whats going on with this please help thanks a bunch

There seems to be an issue on Xbox where RI and DA don't calculate off of your normal weapon damage with close combat weapons, especially these INT based staffs. This is the reason why I scraped my build :-/.

I had scrapped one @ level 22 when I found out the Combat Arts don't work on 360 but just recently rebuilt with VD

Nature Weaver Lore

Cabalistic Voodoo Focus

Nature Weaver Focus

Tactics Lore

Combat Reflexes

Armor Lore

Dual Wield

.....this is where Im stuck

Some advice would be great.

I ran out of runes... totally dry. Ate a bunch for Bark, Lances, Acute mind but not nearly enough.

My 1 problem I can see with this build is how exactly am I going to make her hit more often. Its pretty low right now.

I plan on taking EP and Bargaining as my last two skills. I have a Seraphim that I could take those two with but Im not sure. This character will hit 150+ alot faster than my Seraphim. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I am following this guide to build a Dryad on 360 because her damage output is impressive. And I got a question about Niob Smith Arts. Is it related for the blacksmith skill? My highest lv character (lv 123 Elf) went to socket weapon/armor w/o blacksmith skill, up to now I saw the armor / damage can add around +25% only. So I want to clarify if I can extra add a huge armor / damage / attack & defense value in higher level like the guide without a blacksmith skill (this skill doesn't work at 360).

I have a similiar build going and was wondering a few things about yours that might help mine.

1) ancient magic: does the mastery reduced enemy resistences affect the weapons damage or was this purely chosen for edaphic lances/root?

2) int attribute: since you put no points into dexterity, how did that affect your hit%?

3) does double(ravaged impact) hit work for staffs?

here's what I got

tactics lore

dual wield

nature weaver Lore

nature weaver focus

constitution

speed lore

combat reflexes

armor lore

(9) I am thinkin' ancient magic if the mastery will increase the weps dmg, I'm thinkin it would since all my damage is fire/poison or would it only affect 2ndary dmg?

(10) combat discipline maybe for edaphic/root combo, someone said that it doesnt do much for melee weps though

looking for suggestion on my last two choices

I am following this guide to build a Dryad on 360 because her damage output is impressive. And I got a question about Niob Smith Arts. Is it related for the blacksmith skill? My highest lv character (lv 123 Elf) went to socket weapon/armor w/o blacksmith skill, up to now I saw the armor / damage can add around +25% only. So I want to clarify if I can extra add a huge armor / damage / attack & defense value in higher level like the guide without a blacksmith skill (this skill doesn't work at 360).

On the pc version you can use the npc blacksmith in niob to forge your smith arts. The blacksmith skill is not needed.

I have a similiar build going and was wondering a few things about yours that might help mine.

1) ancient magic: does the mastery reduced enemy resistences affect the weapons damage or was this purely chosen for edaphic lances/root?

2) int attribute: since you put no points into dexterity, how did that affect your hit%?

3) does double(ravaged impact) hit work for staffs?

here's what I got

tactics lore

dual wield

nature weaver Lore

nature weaver focus

constitution

speed lore

combat reflexes

armor lore

(9) I am thinkin' ancient magic if the mastery will increase the weps dmg, I'm thinkin it would since all my damage is fire/poison or would it only affect 2ndary dmg?

(10) combat discipline maybe for edaphic/root combo, someone said that it doesnt do much for melee weps though

looking for suggestion on my last two choices

1) I chose Am to increase the damage of my magic based combat arts. It does not affect weapon damage.

2) Dex is not good for this build. We are not using ranged weapons.

3) Not on the console version. Only on the pc.

9) I suggest ya follow the guide :P

10) I suggest ya follow the guide :)

guess I shoulda said my build is for pvp, which is why I am askin about your hit%

to me it sounds like you wouldnt be able to hit anyone with high evasion unless your stackin mad (opponent cannot evade)

also, have you tried that 1H staff tome of knowledge or something like that? took me 1000 lvls to find one but the stats are sick with it, includes +55int @ 195 +24 CA skills cast speed and experience/kill

better than nlovai? I'm try to get another and use em exclusively if I can get up to that level with dry, dont have a nlovai over 65 to compair dmg though as it is only around 350 I think, and only 1 gold slot

• 2 weeks later...

Changes in the AddOn:

Dryads can now get staff lore.

You can now shoot with staves at distant targets if you have staff lore.

Dual-wielding and staff lore together and wielding 2 staves is however only one shoot and not 2 per click.

Staff and shield is now a nice option for more defense.

Edited by chattius

Hey guys, I'm running Put's build, Chrona's gatling gun, and am about to start this one. Question: What exactly is broken in the console version? Kinda confused on this. I don't want to start this build and have it be a bust; but if I can make it work, then serious destruction awaits me :)

Acute Mind does not work with the Capricious Hunter aspect on the consoles.

Thanks Viper. I'm wondering if I could just hit with regular staff attack using Acute Mind, as I know the damage does increase from the boost to INT; but then the question comes of how to deal with mobs...unless I kill each baddy individually.

• 2 weeks later...

The AddOn has chest-carriers, so it is possible to re-equip on the battlefield. Has anyone experience with the Detheya-Set and its x% life leech in combination with 2 staves versus bosses?

I play a totally different build than this one:

nature focus+lore, vodoo focus+lore, hunter focus, tactics, shield, armour, alchemy and ancient magic and all points into vitality

My normal boss approach are dust devil modified for damage, 2 totems, power up acute mind and use alchemy boosted left click attacks with life leech shurikens. Now I wonder if using a single staff with the life leech from detheya might be even better than the shurikens.

X% life leech is not very useful against normal mobs. But its damage is calculated from the maximal hitpoints of your target:

2% leech at 1000 is 20 extra damage, but at 1.000.000 its 20.000 extra damage each hit. Extra damage can't be resisted so the combination of the high staff damage in combination with extra damage from detheya and doublehits should finish each boss in less than 20 seconds. (50 hits with 2% leech would alone be enough)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am moving forward with this build on PS3... updates will be posted here for consolers!

I am guessing the build in post 1 had to be changed due to constant patches that were coming out. Pages 2,3,4 have some skill choices and debates if your interested.

So far, I have: (level 13)

EP (optional)_____13

Tactics__________5

NW Lore_________5

Dual-Wield_______1

NW Focus________2

Modded Dust Devil first as I am still unsure about RI or DA. I think I'll go with DA first...

Modding Ancient Bark first since I am playing "hardcore" - low-level "constitution mastery" FTW! Ok, probably not.

I just defragged my PS3, so started without ANYTHING! Not even a shopper will be used for my build, just to test HC (newb) viability. So EP was taken and maxed for 'coal mining' - the offline console version of Gold DiggingTM

Edited by essjayehm