Putrescine's Hybrid Dryad build

Equipping some anti evasion gear like "-%XXopponents chance to evade or +%XXchance that opponents cannot evade attacks" will help heaps with your hit chance.

For dryads, it's crucial that you always review your CTH. Whether after battle or live during a battle. You can use the game's built in CTH calculator to replay battles over and over while dropping and resocketing equipment to make sure you get it right with the hits:

http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=...ight=calculator

If you have top notch bargainer, you can usually make up for what you need with one or two good anti evasion rings.

Good luck

;)

gogo

Thanks for the welcome guys! If you ever look back over this thread, thanks for the great guide Putrescine! I think I screwed it up, but I'm having a great time.

How does one best increase chance to hit? I'm level 63, and I've noticed that towards the end of gold/early platinum, my chance to hit for regular enemies is usually around 55%. This seems incredibly low to me. I think this build relies heavily on speed, and at 130% attack speed, it does help. Maybe it's normal, but it makes for some scary boss fights when I miss every attack between goldenglade touch recasts.

Hrm, have you been keeping Sinister Predator pumped? It adds multiplier to your attack value. If it is near malus, then go with the anti-evasion rings, I believe that Opponents Chance to Evade is going to work "better" than the other hitchance increasers (Chance Opp. Cannot Evade, Opp. Defense Value and attack value increasers); for your character against most enemies.

Just grinding the Orc region at 65 in Gold myself, and have the same issue; but when I hit its a one-shot kill so I've been lazy to increase my CtH.

Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately, I don't have a bargainer... but I don't mind grinding some for xp and gear. I keep Sinister Predator well into the diminishing marginal gains levels (same with Ancient Bark). I have been socketing only x-x damage, % damage, and +all skills. Thanks for the -% opponent's chance to evade advice. I will socket a pile of those and see how it works out for my dps. Nice writeup Gogo, makes me feel like I fail at forum searches though.

@essjayehm: I'm also on the ps3 version, so let me know if you ever want a likely inferior partner.

Edited by TimRobbins
Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately, I don't have a bargainer... but I don't mind grinding some for xp and gear. I keep Sinister Predator well into the diminishing marginal gains levels (same with Ancient Bark). I have been socketing only x-x damage, % damage, and +all skills. Thanks for the -% opponent's chance to evade advice. I will socket a pile of those and see how it works out for my dps. Nice writeup Gogo, makes me feel like I fail at forum searches though.

@essjayehm: I'm also on the ps3 version, so let me know if you ever want a likely inferior partner.

Ahhh, it would be so nice to play online with all the peeps I've met on PS3 here. Unfortunately, I would have to go with satellite internet for where I live... cost is not justifiable for me.

NO NEED to socket a pile of OCE... 30% is pretty good, but tinker with equipping one ring, look at the calculator, etc, etc... It's not hard to shop these rings without bargaining. Maybe not soo good with the secondary ablities (if any...) 8(

Sinister Predator.png Sinister Predator - you have the Marked Shot silver modification, right :)

Edited by essjayehm

Sinister Predator is definitely modded correctly. I probably sat for 2 minutes toggling between the choices to make sure I highlighted the correct one before pressing X... I socketed -20% evasion, and it seems to be helping. I did find that enemy evasion shoots up in the higher levels. I'm now level 68 in platinum and just finished Carnach. The regular enemies are around level 85, and even with the socketed ring, my chance to hit is still in the 50-60% range. If I go back to gold, however, sometimes I get a full 100% chance to hit. I guess it's just the tradeoff between experience/loot and chance to hit. The attack speed still makes the former worth it.

Edit: Got a level 95 "Mysterious Ring" as a drop (-23.4% opponent's chance to evade, +4% chance to fear) and I've noticed far less 'whoosh' sounds from my attacks.

Edited by TimRobbins

Couple questions.

Are darting assault and Ravage impact attack modified by attack speed? I think I read somewhere that combat art typically have their own special animation and they are not affected by attack speed. if this is true I wouldn't need to pick ranged lore.

From the wikia it says dust devil offers 20% +1%/level to block spells, that seems insanely high, does this mean you can effectively become immune to combat arts in a dust devil with enough dust devil level? this seems too good to be true.

Thanks.

Couple questions.

Are darting assault and Ravage impact attack modified by attack speed? I think I read somewhere that combat art typically have their own special animation and they are not affected by attack speed. if this is true I wouldn't need to pick ranged lore.

From the wikia it says dust devil offers 20% +1%/level to block spells, that seems insanely high, does this mean you can effectively become immune to combat arts in a dust devil with enough dust devil level? this seems too good to be true.

Thanks.

I believe the "animations" themselves are controlled by cast speed.

So at combat art level 80-ish I think you believe that DD would offer 100+% protection from Combat Arts? The math says so, but I am a firm believer that anything we can use, the enemies can also use. So if some monsters have the innate ability to bypass your blocking, you will get hit by a Combat Art at some point or another.

Couple questions.

Thanks.

So at combat art level 80-ish I think you believe that DD would offer 100+% protection from Combat Arts? The math says so, but I am a firm believer that anything we can use, the enemies can also use. So if some monsters have the innate ability to bypass your blocking, you will get hit by a Combat Art at some point or another.

Really? is this still the case even with Addon?

I tested Dust Devil, even at level 140 it only offers something like 60ish % chance to block spells. So I guess no combat art immunity. O well. Although I don't know if there is anything that can punch through blocking combat art though.

Couple questions.

Thanks.

Really? is this still the case even with Addon?

I tested Dust Devil, even at level 140 it only offers something like 60ish % chance to block spells. So I guess no combat art immunity. O well. Although I don't know if there is anything that can punch through blocking combat art though.

Maybe the wiki is incorrect about the per Combat Art level increase of that silver modification. Your numbers suggest a 0.3 % per level increase to get 60%-ish at Combat Art level 140.

Mine is still level 1 but does have the mod, I'll look up what my PS3 is telling me for that info.

• 4 weeks later...

I've started over with the game, since it didn't worked well. So I had also to built this build again. As described I keep now sinister predator at 5 higher then ancient bark.

I'm now level 27 on silver and currently residing in Artamark. Just fetched the lizard. Since you use the capricious hunter tree alot, especially DA, I took the hunter lizard. Combined with the goldmod hunting focus on SP you keep the regentime low. DA is now around 3,2s and with acute mind it becomes around the 2,5. I've gold modded darting assault, sinister predator and ancient bark. This build doesn't almost get a scratch. Combining DA with TT works great and I also use edaphic lances. Using now a blowpipe where I have socketed a poison fang and twisted torment, also have 2 bows (one with fire and one with ice, again also with TT), a shuriken and hammer of the north. This build seems to be succesfull in farming uniques and set items and I haven't even used EP or bargaining. Fetched the hammer of the north, halberd of the commander, something with heroes (don't know the exact name), inquisition token, ringof the winds and 3 pieces of Daerwain's revenge, of which I got dairwain's sash and dairwain's boots twice (level 15 and level 30)

Some of them I got as a reward from a quest, like 2 pieces of level 30 dairwain's revenge I got from The Abbess (the last quest from the chain the shadows of the seraphim)

I've putted most points into dexterity and putted also some into vitality and just 2 in stamina. I think I replace constitution with EP, since the build is already pretty strong and I read somewhere in this thread that constitution is optional.

Edited by candesco
  • 4 weeks later...

I really want to try this build but right now I'm rather short on dryad runes (and dumping what I do have into my VD build). This one may line up after I get tired of my queen of blades build though.

I may just have stumbled upon my new addiction? After I finish my new techbabe. I will sink my teeth into this beauty for certain. This build seems very interesting.

I remain, Etherian

• 2 weeks later...
I know that it boosts damage, but with Strength in Ice and Blood it only add some pathetic amount of damage to your attacks, like 1000 strength = 900 damage.

Reason I'm asking is that I consider to spend all points into Vitality if that's also the case with Dexterity.

I thought it had greater affect. had no idea, what is the end result on actual damage done?

isn't the atk and def important from the dexterity too? the defense combining well with combat reflexes and with SP and dex you don't need any -opp evade% ?

but what exactly about ice and blood changes this? is the damage formula different in ice and blood? or are there more higher damage types of mods and weapons? or what? as far as I can tell ice and blood just added a class and some new real estate

I am gonna do some research on this Nomad. there are balance changes to Ice and Blood. the +all skill did get nerfed. some bosses like dragons fight back harder now this is the first I had heard that attributes had been affected., but Spunky has much higher level toons than me, so maybe he is seeing it more up in Noib

we''ll get back to you after I search a bit.

Was a conclusion reached about pumping dex?

• 3 weeks later...

the conclusion is basically whether you want to use 1 or 2 sockets for RSM.

and the ammount of sockets you want to use for "hard damage"

I have to admit tho, the guide ain't been updated since around 2 weeks after the release. So it's not up to date when it comes to Ice and Blood.

However, it is "Imho" up to date in all the aspects except these point's I'm going to list here:

Max rune cap is 200. so read 200 in both AB and SP

since we have RpH. we can read more than 1 rune per attack CA. (This comes down to your personally optimal gear setup, so you still have to be carefull when reading)

The effin' %ll mobs... gee I hate those. on the bright side, we have the defense to survive. So there's no immediate worries here.

can't think of anything more atm. But I'm getting more and more active by the minute now that my internet finally has stabilized (****** Skagerak!) :)

anyways, just reply if there's more you need an answer to

the conclusion is basically whether you want to use 1 or 2 sockets for RSM.

and the ammount of sockets you want to use for "hard damage"

I have to admit tho, the guide ain't been updated since around 2 weeks after the release. So it's not up to date when it comes to Ice and Blood.

However, it is "Imho" up to date in all the aspects except these point's I'm going to list here:

Max rune cap is 200. so read 200 in both AB and SP

since we have RpH. we can read more than 1 rune per attack CA. (This comes down to your personally optimal gear setup, so you still have to be carefull when reading)

The effin' %ll mobs... gee I hate those. on the bright side, we have the defense to survive. So there's no immediate worries here.

can't think of anything more atm. But I'm getting more and more active by the minute now that my internet finally has stabilized (****** Skagerak!) :D

anyways, just reply if there's more you need an answer to

Yeah, this build works fine in Ice and Blood. Without actually following this guide I have a dryad who is pretty similar, she has

• EP (@ level)
  • Concentration (1 point)
  • Capricious Focus (@ level)
  • Tactics lore (few points, I'm killing guardians so this is more for mastery later, damage is from %LL)
  • Combat Discipline (1 point)
  • Nature Focus (42 points for 7 CA mods)
  • Combat Reflexes (Adding points to reach level)
  • Constitution (1 point)
  • Armour Lore (1 point)

Last skill choice will probably be Nature Lore, she's able to take down nameless guardians that were 10-15 lvls higher in ~5-10 seconds depending on if they stun her. Most things have ~10% to hit in silver, gold a champion temple guardian in the great machine has 19% (dust devil drops this to 14%). The last Guardians has 26% chance to hit, dropped to 19% by dust devil. Guardians just melt away, full detheyas give 2.4% LL and a shuriken adds 1.5%, totallin 3.9% per hit, darting assault under a guardians hits 4 times giving 15.6% LL per cast on a 0.6s regen. And if you are fighting normal mobs, a nice blow pipe works wonders, you can pump the runes some more and add regen per hit like put said.

Defense against the LL mobs, so far gold hasnt been too bad, GGT heals 1/4 of my health a second and can be stacked, dust devil reflects spells, ancient bark pumps armour which will get even better when I get nature lore.

Basically, this is an extremely solid build guide even in Ice and Blood with the skill nerfs, and pumped up creatures.

• 1 month later...

RpH helps a lot I find, especialy on DA, since it regens you value for each hit. My build has a 0.8s RpH, and DA around 4.3s with SP and AB up, and it usually takes 2 hits to fully regen holding down DA (I'm on PS3). I've found that if all four shots hit, that's automatically 3.2s regenerated. My skills/runes eaten are as follows (for the relevant skills I'm talking about): RI 4 DA 4 SP 11 AB 3 CH Focus 38 NW Focus 38.

My question as a n00b is what does the survival bonus give you? The Mist took me down between GGT casting, and I don't really have that many qualms about restarting, but if the survival bonus is negligible, then I'll just keep rolling on.

Thanks^^

oh, and another n00b question... Since I'm only putting 1 point into Ranged Weaps, can I exchange that skill for EP if I want some magic find? Or will "+ All Skills" makthat one point into something worthwhile later on in levels?

Edited by Teewrecks
RpH helps a lot I find, especialy on DA, since it regens you value for each hit. My build has a 0.8s RpH, and DA around 4.3s with SP and AB up, and it usually takes 2 hits to fully regen holding down DA (I'm on PS3). I've found that if all four shots hit, that's automatically 3.2s regenerated. My skills/runes eaten are as follows (for the relevant skills I'm talking about): RI 4 DA 4 SP 11 AB 3 CH Focus 38 NW Focus 38.

My question as a n00b is what does the survival bonus give you? The Mist took me down between GGT casting, and I don't really have that many qualms about restarting, but if the survival bonus is negligible, then I'll just keep rolling on.

Thanks^^

oh, and another n00b question... Since I'm only putting 1 point into Ranged Weaps, can I exchange that skill for EP if I want some magic find? Or will "+ All Skills" makthat one point into something worthwhile later on in levels?

So I guess my real question is if it's worth remaking a character (only lv38) to have 0 deaths?

At the level you lost it it wont make much difference, it should start getting up again soon enough, just depends on whether or not you want the 0 deaths. As to the question bout the ranged weapon lore, you dont really need it, attack speed and chance to hit you get from sin. pred. and socketing the right mods, no need for the skill. Thats how Ive played my dryad who I posted a couple of posts above yours, I even used EP instead of ranged weapon lore.

:drunkards: Thanks (your post was partially where my question came from, also trying to narrow down a skill to fit in EP).

As a side note, what's a Master Weapon? is that the weap you get from the class quest?

Edited by Teewrecks

No, as you approach level 75 items that require certain skills to unlock the modifiers start requiring mastery in that skill instead of just having it. So in this case a bow would require ranged weapons mastery to unlock -opponents chance to reflect ranged or something...the ranged modifiers aren't really all that useful except for specific scenarios and can be pretty easily replaced by socketing the right stuff.

Started again and I'm now level 43. Read 11 runes of AB and 15 of SP. I also eat alot of Acute Mind runes to compesate the insane eating of AB and SP.

And I've gold modded Edaphic Lances, which works perfect with DA and RI. Haven't used Tangled Vine so far.

At the beginning this character is pretty weak, but at the moment she is very strong. Eats orcs for breakfast, also champion ones.

I use a blowpipe as main (yellow colour) and the unique bow Enui's swift string as second and have a yellow shuriken combined with glacial defender (unique shield) for the beasts.

The info in the walkthrough that blowpipes cannot hit mounted enemies (like a goblin wolfrider) isn't right. You can hit with a blowpipe such enemies. Did this myself.

It's munching alot of uniques and set items and I haven't EP yet. Now I have equipped a ring and an amulet with the chance to find valuables effect. Have found some blessed relics (unique ones). One of magic, one of frost and one of poison. Nor Plat is a good hunting ground to find items.

As armor I use now Chestguard of flame, the belt is belt of the twines and the rest is for a large part Detheya's. The chestguard of flame has as effect a physical damage mitigation.

I think this dryad is a keeper now. Have defeated Thranak and the Ice Lord yesterday. Took a while, but not much of a problem. And this is played with Ice & Blood installed and with patch 1.65.2

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say that this build has hooked me on Dryads..I love this build and was wondering if you had in others you would share? or know of anyone else that has a nature weaver build..I think it might be neat to try that type of build out. thanks alot for sharing this build..been lots of fun playin it so far. though I do have to say I'm dying to take EP but I will not do it lol..just love the EP enchanced items.