The First Son of Light: Dark Edition

I've had these renders for a long time, but I couldn't find a background style to match them with. I recently remembered a technique I had heard about long before I started making graphics: the pixel stretch. I had seen a piece with a pixel stretch background, and loved it. So today I decided to throw this set together. I hope you like it. I'm still not too good with text. I guess I should look up some tutorials. This piece was made with GIMP.

protomanavadarksmall.jpg

protomansigdark.jpg

Beautiful. lol, first word that comes to mind when I look at the images is smooth

It's got a speed racer touch too?

Great job on the avi and sig, Luca

:)

gogo

I made a wallpaper. I had the urge to make one based on the set above, but I had no idea what to do, so I improvised and in just a few minutes I was pleased with what I had. I got the idea for the black parts from the wallpaper I was using before I made this one. I put my icons there.

protomanwallpaper.th.jpg

Very nice Luc. I like the set a lot. Love how the line colours are sampled from the protoman and aligned to him. In the words of the French; Super Cool! *insert French accent* :)

That's slick Luc.

What program did you use?

I used GIMP. It's an image editor like Photoshop, but a bit less advanced and free. I'm told it's one of the best free ones out there. It's easy to use after just a bit of experimentation. Try it.

http://www.gimp.org/

This piece was made with GIMP.
Edited by Lucalain

Lucalain, was showing your work to some of my friends at the job today. First guy yells out loud" mEGAMAN!"

I think you made a friend

:P

gogo

You actually went out and showed my graphics to people at work. That's too much honor.

hahahaha, *mails url to self so be able to show ppl at school* :)

neway... it looks great :dance:

• 5 months later...

I made a new version of my signature and avatar for Halloween. It was very quick, but then the idea struck at half past midnight, and I was very late for bed. It's ten to one in the morning now.

I only went looking for a render that matched with the Halloween theme, and changed Protoman for this skeleton in my old set. I did not intend to actually take time on this one as it's only meant to be used for a couple of days. See it as a seasonal joke.

Here it is for future reference:

protomanskeletonava.gif

protomanskeletonsig.gif

Edited by Lucalain