Kat`s Pyro High Elf Build - Flame On!

how long is the stun on incendiary shower? and does the continuity do more damage than smoking rock?

Also how well do HE's compare to other classes? From what I've read HE seem excel all around. As I haven't played other classes yet I don't know how balanced all the classes are - is there a "best" class ?

From what I've read people tend to say Inquisitors and HE are the best but I'm wondering what some of the more experienced players have to say?

Edited by bob1313

I would never go and say there is a best class. They it all depends on your style of play.

As for the HE being best all around. Well its not a tank for sure. When it gets hit you will feel it. Will it die no if you build it right and play it right but so can be said about other toons. I my self love for there to be at list some risk factor involved no matter how strong the toon is. Since wheres the fun in playing if there isnt.

As for the stun on IS thats the only way to go. Think of it this way at a latter game in niob. You have a regen time of 1.1sec you cast 14 meteors per IS and each one makes 15K damage. Thats a lot of power and with every one of those meteors having the stun option on it well lets say the target will stay stunned but then again it wont be alive for long when you add all that damage. :hugs:

I would never go and say there is a best class. They it all depends on your style of play.

As for the HE being best all around. Well its not a tank for sure. When it gets hit you will feel it. Will it die no if you build it right and play it right but so can be said about other toons. I my self love for there to be at list some risk factor involved no matter how strong the toon is. Since wheres the fun in playing if there isnt.

As for the stun on IS thats the only way to go. Think of it this way at a latter game in niob. You have a regen time of 1.1sec you cast 14 meteors per IS and each one makes 15K damage. Thats a lot of power and with every one of those meteors having the stun option on it well lets say the target will stay stunned but then again it wont be alive for long when you add all that damage. :hugs:

When you do that much damage and that kind of stun... you don't need to be able to take hits >_>

When you do that much damage and that kind of stun... you don't need to be able to take hits >_>

Sounds about right..... :) UNTIL you get killed in one hit by a red scorpion champ at level 48 (my first HE). Although that death taught me quite a lot when it comes to defense/armor values. :hugs: ..... was well worth the lesson I learned. High Elf are rather fragile beings.... but you can make them pretty tough with a nice slap in the face and of course........ some extra defense/armor gear mods.

Great post Kat!

After about 15 hours in to the game I realized I wasnt building my high elf right, and still dont for the most part LoL.

I want to try and simplify this as much as possible just through levels 1-75, and then worry about the rest later. Here are some of my questions...

So from level 1-75 basically all I want to upgrade are the three skills of Concentration, Arrant Pyromancer Lore, and Arrant Pyromancer Focus? Until they all reach level 75? And then after they're all level 75 I'll have some additional points to add on your recommended until I actually reach level 75?

Then with the Combat Arts, I'm basically only going to upgrade all 5 of the Pyromancer Arts to the gold level through levels 1-75? I don't need to worry about the three delphic arts until after level 75 right?

As far as the Runes, I think I basically understand it now. Don't read a rune to upgrade one of my arts until it will stay within your recommended regeneration times? You did mention some negative effects though. What types of negative effects and how do you figure out what they'll be?

The only other question I have for now is your recommended skill for bargaining? Is it completely necessary to have this? Couldn't you replace this with another skill potentially making the character more powerful? Cant you find all of these rare weapons and armor from killing enemies and even just buying them from someone else who has them?

Thanks!

One more thing... for the most part until I can start getting some of the higher ranked weapon sets etc (level 25+ or so?) it doesnt really matter what items or armour is equipped since we dont use them to fight? Basically just equip whatever is going to boost my magic or hit points the best?

Glad you like the build and let me now answer all your questions.

So from level 1-75 basically all I want to upgrade are the three skills of Concentration, Arrant Pyromancer Lore, and Arrant Pyromancer Focus? Until they all reach level 75? And then after they're all level 75 I'll have some additional points to add on your recommended until I actually reach level 75?

Yes thats your first priority. Please take a look at this link to the Sacred Wiki`s skill page. There you can clearly see how many points you will be getting on every level. If you look at the table you can see that after level 25 you will get 4 points this basically mean thats the extra point that for the time being goes in Delphic Arcania Focus. So points go in the first 3 and after level 25 you get an extra one for Delphic Arcania Focus.

Then with the Combat Arts, I'm basically only going to upgrade all 5 of the Pyromancer Arts to the gold level through levels 1-75? I don't need to worry about the three delphic arts until after level 75 right?

More or less I cant be 100% sure you will get all modes done by level75 but close. But once you hit level 25 you will start spending that extra point in Delphic Arcania Focus and this mean that by level 75 you will have all modes done on Grand Invigoration. Since Grand Invigoration is your main need from that tree.

As far as the Runes, I think I basically understand it now. Don't read a rune to upgrade one of my arts until it will stay within your recommended regeneration times? You did mention some negative effects though. What types of negative effects and how do you figure out what they'll be?

Ok the negative effect or reading runes is what can be called over reading. Simply your Arrant Pyromancer Focus and Delphic Arcania Focus give you a bonus of runes read without penalty. This mean that if Delphic Arcania Focus gives you lets say CA level without penalty 10. This says that your GI will let you read 10 runes of GI or a mix of runes and +CA gear to a total of 10. So once Grand Invigoration[GI] hits 10 every rune you read wont raze it by a level. the 11 rune you read will get it to 10.5 the 12 to 11 and after that will get worse and worse and it will take a ton of runes to read to get a level. This is one of the main rules in Sacred 2 and goes for all characters and CAs.

The only other question I have for now is your recommended skill for bargaining? Is it completely necessary to have this? Couldn't you replace this with another skill potentially making the character more powerful? Cant you find all of these rare weapons and armor from killing enemies and even just buying them from someone else who has them?

Well the thing about bargaining is if you have it on a noter toon you could pick a noter skill. But the High Elf is if not the best trader in the game. Once more the game is new to the xbox and online you wont find a lot of people that have a lot of stuff to give a way at the start. Having bargaining gives you the freedom to play the game and buy what you need on your own. Most of the stuff like the +Skills amulets and rings are very rear to find and are very valuable so being able to get them for your self or trade extra ones with others is a great advantage to you as a player. So if you plan to play MP go with bargaining I strongly recommend it.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 15 2009, 02:16 AM)

Ok the negative effect or reading runes is what can be called over reading. Simply your Arrant Pyromancer Focus and Delphic Arcania Focus give you a bonus of runes read without penalty. This mean that if Delphic Arcania Focus gives you lets say CA level without penalty 10. This says that your GI will let you read 10 runes of GI or a mix of runes and +CA gear to a total of 10. So once Grand Invigoration[GI] hits 10 every rune you read wont raze it by a level. the 11 rune you read will get it to 10.5 the 12 to 11 and after that will get worse and worse and it will take a ton of runes to read to get a level. This is one of the main rules in Sacred 2 and goes for all characters and CAs.

Alright so the two buff or arrant CAs I have are Pyromancer Focus and Delphic Arcania Focus. They’ll have a certain listed amount of runes I can use without penalty? Where is that listed? Then after that amount I basically want to stop for now or the rest of the game?

So for every other CA I have that isn’t a buff CA don’t have any cap or listed amount without penalty? So if that’s true I have to somehow see what the penalty will be each time with those CAs and determine if it falls under your recommended recharge time? When I press the details button do I do it on the particular CA or on its rune to see what penalty I’m being given? Do you know around what amount of runes are usually stacked at certain points?

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 15 2009, 02:16 AM)

Well the thing about bargaining is if you have it on a noter toon you could pick a noter skill. But the High Elf is if not the best trader in the game. Once more the game is new to the xbox and online you wont find a lot of people that have a lot of stuff to give a way at the start. Having bargaining gives you the freedom to play the game and buy what you need on your own. Most of the stuff like the +Skills amulets and rings are very rear to find and are very valuable so being able to get them for your self or trade extra ones with others is a great advantage to you as a player. So if you plan to play MP go with bargaining I strongly recommend it.

OK so it will be very hard to get a lot of the items on the xbox version since its relatively new… but ultimately to add another offensive skill will make my character stronger in the long run if I’m eventually able to find all of the rare sets, right? I guess I’m just trying to think in the multiplayer (battle mode) aspect of things to have the best possible character. If I don’t have the very best weapons, items, etc in the first playthrough of the campaign (especially on bronze) I should be fine and then can find people who might have what I need by then right?

Either way thanks for the info!

The Penalty on the CAs does not apply only to buffs it applies to all CAs. For where you can find the limit. Well in you skills menu hover over lets say Arrant Pyromancer Focus when the window there comes up among other things there will be a line stating this. It will say Highest Spell Level Without Penalty and then the number next to it.

As for Bargaining well I still will stick to it as I guess almost all will bargaining is highly recommended. As for more power well the toon never lacks that.

The Penalty on the CAs does not apply only to buffs it applies to all CAs. For where you can find the limit. Well in you skills menu hover over lets say Arrant Pyromancer Focus when the window there comes up among other things there will be a line stating this. It will say Highest Spell Level Without Penalty and then the number next to it.

As for Bargaining well I still will stick to it as I guess almost all will bargaining is highly recommended. As for more power well the toon never lacks that.

Great! I at least feel comfortable about what I'm doing up to level 75. Thank you!

For whatever reasons my HE is moving VERY SLOW now that I'm at level 11. Did you or anyone else experience this problem? I know it has nothing to do with the amount of items I'm carrying because I sold just about all of them to make sure. So what is causing me to move so slow? Is it my strength? Either way... how can I go about fixing the issue?

Get a mount. 99% of the time you will fight on a mount.

I ended up seeing that some of the armor slows you down. Got that figured out.

I'm pretty much pacing myself at this game and am only level 18 right now, but the mount seems to slow down the recharge time on my CAs just enough around this level to where it doesnt seem worth it right now.

Could you please write out the descriptions for the following CA upgrades? For whatever reasons some of these seem to be not only in a different order on the 360, but some even have different names:

1) Ancestral Fireball

-Silver: Fusillade: Description?

-Gold : Globe: Description?

2) Incendiary Shower

- Silver: Smoking Rock: Description?

-Gold : Intensity: Description?

As far as the two "buffs" go... Fire Demon and Incandescent Skin... I haven't learned any of my powers yet more then once, including the two buffs. It looks like on level 2 of each buff they also get a nagative effect. Besdies that I'm not able to see a particular amount of runes I can use until the naegative effects are supposed to start either. Not sure if thats something different on the 360 version as well.

Edited by Storm Shadow

If you learned the corresponding focus skill, you can look up the maximum number of runes, which don't give you diminishing returns, in your character window. Every buff except Grand Invigoration has +Regeneration penalty to all Combat Arts.

To counteract this you could raise the corresponding focus skill or concentration. Moreover you could alos invest in Grand Invigoration or equiqment which lowers regeneration time, regeneration penalty from buffs etc.

A very valuable source for information on all things Sacred (2) is the Sacred Wiki attached to this forum.

Ancestral Fireball:

Both mods let you conjure an additional fireball.

Incendiary Shower:

Silver: 50% more damage

Gold: time between meteor falls is shorter. Very useful if you already took Skull Smash and Continuity as mods.

10th

Edited by 10th

Katran wrote:

Ooook. This is starting to come together a bit. I finally located the area where it shows you the amount which can be used without penalty. Do those raise up as you level up?

Also, do the offensive Pyro CAs (like fireball, tempest, etc.) which I have only unlocked one level with the first rune count against the total? Or does a rune only count once you have used one to get a CA to level 2?

I'm thinking about taking a risk and bypassing the "bargaining" skill with this build guide in hopes that I'll be able to find good sets and weapons from drops as well as trading with other people.

Regardless of that though I'm a bit curious why you (Katran) have chosen "shield lore" for the HE. While I realize having a shield equipped will give defensive bonuses, that basically means you have to have a one handed weapon equipped and this character isnt really meant for melee combat. Wouldn't it be better to have the magic staff lore since the staffs will give bonuses to our main offensive abilities... magic?

Either way, I suppose if I bypass bargaining I can then use that extra skill on"sword lore" to go along with "shield lore." But on the other hand if I went with the magic staff lore I could then bypass shield lore and then choose something else.

I'd love to hear some opinions on this from some of the veteran players.

Thanks!

SS

One of the things that many many will tell you is if you can get shield lore you get it. One of the best things about it at Mastery it Grants a chance to block close combat attacks as bonus and this is a big WOW.

You are thinking about Sword lore or Staff lore. Well heres the thing both of does are offensive skills and both of them are related to the use of a weapon in close combat. The High Elf avoids close combat if it came down to fighting monster close combat the High Elf is dead plane and simple.

For your final skill since you dont plan to use bargaining I recommend going with one of this:

Enhanced Perception - find better gear with its mastery and more gold

Riding - since you are on a mount more speed is always a plus

and finally if you want to chose an offensive skill go with

Damage Lore - it adds more damage with burning for your BT

You are not dumb we where all new in the game at one point plus its a deep game and I learn new things every day.

So to explain it easy I will use an example.

Your High Elf uses Incandescent Skin (IS). This is one of your buff CAs. So to get it to be stronger you need it to have more levels. You get more levels by reading runes or by gear that has +CA. If things stood like this we could make our toons have a very very high level of IS. For this to be harder there is a penalty. The penalty is how high can we get the level by reading runes and every rune we read to give us +1 level. Here comes in play your focus.

In the case of IS we have Arrant Pyromancer Focus skill. If you take a look at this skill one of its options say Highest CA level without penalty. So once your IS passes the level that is shown in Arrant Pyromancer Focus skill you will start to get the penalty. The penalty is for every next level of IS it will take more runes to read. This is for all CA take a look at the example below it should make it all clear.

Example:

You have 20 Incandescent Skin runes.

Your Incandescent Skin is at level 1.

Your Arrant Pyromancer Focus says that you can have CAs of this type in which class is Incandescent Skin to level 10 without penalty.

So you start reading the 20 runes.

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 2

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 3

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 4

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 5

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 6

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 7

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 8

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 9

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 10

So now you have Incandescent Skin at level 10 and have 11 runes left to read. But since you are at the top level without penalty heres what happens next.

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 10.5

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 11

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 11.5

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 12.5

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13.3

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13.6

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13.9

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 14.2

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 14.5

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 14.8

There is the penalty once you reach the top level without penalty rune after that will not be as effective. So a signle rune will not add an extra level. So the remaining 11 runes you had will only get you 4 levels to IS. and the penalty gets worse and worse the more you get away from the level without penalty.

Thats why we get the CA skill that gives focus a lot more points so the level of CA without penalty goes up.

Hope this help if not ask and I shall answer as best as I could. :4rofl:

You are not dumb we where all new in the game at one point plus its a deep game and I learn new things every day.

So to explain it easy I will use an example.

Your High Elf uses Incandescent Skin (IS). This is one of your buff CAs. So to get it to be stronger you need it to have more levels. You get more levels by reading runes or by gear that has +CA. If things stood like this we could make our toons have a very very high level of IS. For this to be harder there is a penalty. The penalty is how high can we get the level by reading runes and every rune we read to give us +1 level. Here comes in play your focus.

In the case of IS we have Arrant Pyromancer Focus skill. If you take a look at this skill one of its options say Highest CA level without penalty. So once your IS passes the level that is shown in Arrant Pyromancer Focus skill you will start to get the penalty. The penalty is for every next level of IS it will take more runes to read. This is for all CA take a look at the example below it should make it all clear.

Example:

You have 20 Incandescent Skin runes.

Your Incandescent Skin is at level 1.

Your Arrant Pyromancer Focus says that you can have CAs of this type in which class is Incandescent Skin to level 10 without penalty.

So you start reading the 20 runes.

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 2

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 3

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 4

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 5

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 6

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 7

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 8

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 9

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 10

So now you have Incandescent Skin at level 10 and have 11 runes left to read. But since you are at the top level without penalty heres what happens next.

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 10.5

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 11

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 11.5

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 12.5

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13.3

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13.6

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13.9

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 14.2

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 14.5

Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 14.8

There is the penalty once you reach the top level without penalty rune after that will not be as effective. So a signle rune will not add an extra level. So the remaining 11 runes you had will only get you 4 levels to IS. and the penalty gets worse and worse the more you get away from the level without penalty.

Thats why we get the CA skill that gives focus a lot more points so the level of CA without penalty goes up.

Hope this help if not ask and I shall answer as best as I could. :4rofl:

awesome I got it, thanks.

Katran, I only recently picked up Sacred 2 for Xbox 360 and I decided to roll up a HE. I've taken a liking to your Pyromancer build and I wanted to ask for your advice on something. Delphic Arcania Lore... I don't want to use it. I was thinking of swapping it out for Enhanced Perception but I wanted to hear your take on it. By end game, will this toon be lacking in any particular area, like damage or resistances that should be make me think twice? Is having both Enhanced Perception and Bargaining overkill?

This may have been posted somewhere in this thread but I didn't see it so I'll go ahead and ask. What is the priority of skills in terms of point distribution? I'd hate to realize I screwed up later on and have to re-roll.

Welcome to FDM Sylphied! Hope have a great time here and in game.

As for your questions about EP. Thats a valid choice. Having both bargaining and EP is not an overkill. Since they work great together. EP helps you find sets and Uniques as well as more gold things that you cant buy with bargaining and provides you with gold for shopping. Bargaining on the other hands lets you shop at any given time for those all important rings and amulets. Take them both you wont regret it.

As for the toon on the long run as you can see my toon is at level 166 at this time. I havnt seen a noter pyro build in game at this level(if there is some one dont take it personal I just havnt met up with you). As for I having problems no I dont have problems not with damage or defense. As I said in the guide the toon is made to get stronger with ever level thats its key its a toon for Niob its made for the long run. Stay to the areas this toon is build for and where its most effective and you wont have any trouble that I can think off.

Hope that helps. :4rofl:

Hey people. I'm very new to this (I just got Sacred 2 on my xbox 360) and reading your guide pulled me straight to it. So first congrats on such a great build and guide! but I have a question and its stopped me from picking a CA for a few levels now. So I thought I would ask a few questions before I head back into the game.:

1. I'm not to sure why you put Delphic Arcania Focus into a ' must have' category. I was thinking since you said this should be a mounted character you would take Riding?

2. And Armour Lore... why do we need it? HE are weak as it is and no amount of armour will save us. Or is it for the bonuses we get from the armour.

Sorry if they are obvious questions I'm just to too sure.

Fightclub