Console Bugs and Glitches Thread

I am taking the liberty to start a glitch thread.

Mostly because the first thing that happened to me with my Sacred 2 PS3 title was reaching level 3 and finding all enemies giving me no XP. I contacted customer support and they answered very quickly, telling me that it was just that the enemies were too low level for me. They said I could tell by the color underneath them, that would be white or green. Well I had red and gold!

After some back and forth, and talks with other users, I discovered that this glitch triggers if you cross the first bridge before you are level 5, the game assumes that you have leveled up and stops giving you XP...

Solution: I had to erase the "Game Data Utility" for Sacred 2 which is the cache of the game (first option under Game: NOT SAVED GAME DATA). I am now abstaining from crossing any bridges until I have milked every possible quest in the area.

I have a bunch of co-op annoyance as well.

Local co-op:

* The system will randomly allow or not allow each player to pick up objects. I can`t figure out if this is intentional, but it is silly. I open a chest, I can`t pick item up, partner can.

* Slowdown. For some random reason the second player will have a lag

* Special moves not working. For some reason the second player`s combat arts will be sometimes disabled.

There is more but now I`m ranting so I shall pass the torch to someone else...

Edited to add feedback:

3568160279_2444a476ec_o.jpg

Yuriko

Edited by YurikoSan

The level up issue as far as crossing the bridge is quite interesting, I tend to get my first 5-15 levels from the kobolds across the bridge on the PC version so to not have the ability to do so would be quite frustrating. (I only have the PC version so can't really gripe about anything console related)

Co-op issues:

* Drop issues: That isn't an issue, that's a feature. Rather than turn Sacred 2 into a clickfest like D2 etc where first to click gets the items, in Sacred 2 every drop is randomly allocated to one of the party members in range. Of course this can be annoying when you want the item, although it tends to be fairly well behaved as far as providing class-specific items to the proper class. (And with auto-collect the 'click-fest' aspect becomes very unbalanced, one person would get all the drops, the other nothing.

Assuming it is like the PC version, after 1 minute you'll be able to grab those items if they're still there.

Hey there

Yes everything gets picked up automatically and that is pretty cool.

However for local co-op, they could let us decide what we want to pick up... I mean, we are right next to each other, rather unlikely that we would not share fairly. And item can usually be picked up after the bodies disappear... but by then we are bored and wanna move on lol

Most annoying is probably that you cannot trade with your local co-op partner! And it gave all my Seraphim runes to the other character... and me a bunch of useless shadow warrior stuff... bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*shrug* I have the 360 version and have not had any glitches or crashes yet and I have been playing since launch for the consoles.

Only problem im having is, im still not able to use my imp!

first of all, I play on the ps3, the game locks up often, the game only supports 3 mics and if a third guy comes in game with a 4th mic, than it will go beserk and it will make you take turns on talking to the other ppl, which is weird.

the biggest glitch up to now:

my level 63 seraphim is stuck in silver campaign. I cannot continue the main quest since it will not allow me to activate the greenish pillars in the dungeon right after u beat the flying boss in the jungle. I open a support ticket on CDV website, and the response I got was... the developper is aware of the problem.

I'm quite surprised at the lack of glitches so far (edit: I have the 360 version). I'm up to level 30 with my HE and the only thing I've run into is the inability to target giant bats with my fireball. I haven't had trouble targeting other air units, so it does seem a little weird. I just used incendiary shower to get around it and it's been fine. also, the fireballs sometimes miss the bats and then fly right up at the camera, which looks awesome.

my friend complained about getting "stuck" a lot, but I think it was just the stun effect of some units.

Edited by OMGSTUFF

YES! I have been stuck in one place before after a fight. The only way to get unstuck for me is to cancel a buff and rebuff again. Wierd...

Other then that the game runs fine.

I am afraid of frying my 360 though from the hours of game play :sigh:

Longtime Sacred player, first time poster. I just got the 360 version of the game, and it's been okay fun thus far. :)

My main complaint with the game thus far is the inability to trade with a fellow player on a single-console (non-LIVE) multiplayer game. :sigh: I had the same problem as one of the posters above....my roommate/playing partner was playing a Temple Guardian, and all of the drops of Seraphim runes went to him instead of to my seraphim. :)

I can kind of understand why the game would "assign" loot to each player, to ensure fair loot distribution, but the loot assigning should be tied to the player who causes the loot to be generated in the first place. :) I mean, I highly doubt that the game would generate 4 seraphim runes for a level 2 TG; my assumption is that those drops were generated due to there being a seraphim in the party (me). Yet the drops were assigned exclusively to the non-seraphim player.....not cool, since we CAN'T TRADE WITH EACH OTHER. *growl*

I haven't tried giving any of my chars the Blacksmithing skill yet, although it was in the plan for my SW, who's only level 21-ish atm. So I guess it's good to know that it would be a waste of a skill slot. :S Hope they can patch that and get it working soon, though, because blacksmiths are by far the least common service in the game, and it would be really nice to be able to do that "in the field" so to speak. ;)

One other (minor) note for those people on this forum who help to maintain the SacredWiki.org site....you've all done a splendid job of making sure a lot of the game's info is available for viewing. Kudos, especially since my 360 is currently connected to a VERY old (non-HD) television, which makes it completely impossible to read ANY of the VERY TINY in-game text. :P I've been using the wiki site for vital info needed to figure out what different skills, CAs and upgrades even DO. It was even more frustrating at first....my "trial" char (a High Elf) got rather messed up since there were times I'd pick one upgrade over another simply because I could read the first one (or puzzle it out) but not the second. :P So I guess you could add "too small and not adjustable in-game text" to my list of minor complaints. :)

But a note for future development is, a LOT of the mechanics are different for the 360 version of the game, and that probably ought to be addressed in the relevant wiki articles. For example, I got curious what I was supposed to do with all these "relics" I've been stuffing in my stash, so I checked the wiki. Now, I was a beta for Sacred 2 on the PC, so I was slightly familiar with the relic holder from my experiences there, but if I hadn't been, that entire article would have been complete gibberish for me as a 360 player. From what I can tell, there IS no relic holder in the 360 version, or if there is, it's been well-hidden. ;) At this point, I'm not sure if relics can be equipped to the player like armor (haven't tried this), or whether they're smithed into weapons and armor, or what. admittedly, I haven't played around with the relics at all yet (I was killing time at work!), but as more information is figured out about how the console versions differ from the PC one, you might want to provide disambiguation on the wiki to clear things up. :)

the relics on the console version are in your inventory. you can equip 6 at a time by pressing A on xbox or X on ps3. and you cannot forge them into items either.

The Undead Legion quest chain is bugged on the 360. I recently had it happen to me, and I've seen it mentioned several times as a known 360 glitch on other forums.

Namely, in the Undead Legion quest chain, the individual quest "Battle Below Ground" doesn't work. When you enter the cave, it sends you to an empty room. All you can see is your hud and the minimap, everything else is pure black and you can't move at all. The only way to get out is to teleport.

Kind of a bummer, because this is the chain that gives Boneslicer as a reward.

I have the ps3 version and for some reason or another I can never use the double experience statues. not sure if it is cause they need to be unlocked first as I can't seem ti find any info on the forums about them. :crazy:

Hi everyone. I drew a table to make the glitches we find easy to see... however no idea if we can use html tags to create a table inside the post, so I just made it an image... so looking kinda weird. If anyone knows how to make it look better, pls let me know!

Yuriko

Personal experience...(X360)

Well like other posts "Battle Below Ground" is bugged for me as well... (Anyone know if/when the console patch is coming out)?...

The pre-order "Imp Carrier" is still delayed to my knowledge...

I also found when I train numerous amounts of mobs behind me and drop an Area of Effect I few of the mobs will just stand still and not attack until you hit them...

I found when I installed the game to my HDD it ran a little smoother...

I have had my my chars delete twice now.... the first time I was only level 16, the second level 40. Game freezes up, then when I restard there is no save data. Bummer 4 me!

Ouch that`s bad. What console are you using?

And have you contacted support about this?

I'm not sure whether this is a glitch or bug, or just me being paranoid, but it's been happening pretty consistently over the past two days, and I haven't seen mention of it anywhere else, so I thought I'd run it by everyone here and see if anyone else has noticed it.

I've had Sacred 2 for Xbox 360 for about a week now. I'd created a seraphim, Dryad, SW, TG and HE, and experimented a lot with different character types (create new char, try out a couple skills and CAs, delete char, rinse and repeat). I tell you this to let you know that I've created a LOT of new characters (far more than just five!) over the past week, so by now I think I'm pretty familiar with how the game behaves for the first 3-5 character levels. ;)

The game has started behaving differently over the past two days. Initially, all of my characters received what I would consider average loot drops. Mostly unimpressive no-star items (being very low level in silver difficulty), the occasional one- or two-star item, a small number of CA runes, and a bit of gold and potions. When I talk about an "unimpressive" item, I mean the console equivalent of a white item with one or MAYBE two very low-level modifiers. The kind that sell for maybe 10-20 gold when you reach the first merchant. Keep in mind, I'm talking about brand-new, level 1-2 characters in Silver.

In the past day or two, that has changed. Where before most of my items were unimpressive, now they are downright crap. I took my level 11 seraphim (in single-console co-op with my roommate's level 11 TG) and literally went on an adventuring spree until my inventory was FULL, and I got the "you can't pick up any more" message. When I went back to the merchant to sell stuff, I discovered that 4 out of every 5 items had NO MODIFIERS AT ALL. I mean no regen bonus/penalty, no nothing. Just the name of the item, that's all that was in the tooltip. :twitch: I can understand that every once in a while the odds of random item generation will result in a piece of near-worthless loot, but this was CONSISTENT beyond any possibility of coincidence. My roommate seemed even unluckier, as not only were most of his drops just as worthless and modifier-less, he had maybe a quarter as much loot as I'd collected.

We've tried EVERYTHING to figure out what's gone wrong and how to fix it. :) We tried switching which of us was "hosting" the game. We tried using different characters. I even tried completely deleting my character save file from the Xbox hard drive and starting all over from scratch. The only thing that seemed to clear up the crazy-awful loot issue was when I selected a different memory storage device and essentially started a new savegame set on the internal Xbox memory (not a removable memory card, but the onboard one), rather than the hard drive. I created a new seraphim, and her drops promptly went back to what I'd considered "normal."

Until this morning. :)

I logged on briefly this morning before work because I had a few minutes to kill. Downloaded the new patch (yay!), and logged into my seraphim (who is level 8 now). Checked her inventory, because I hadn't taken the time to sell stuff off before I'd saved and quit......and easily half of her inventory was crap with no modifiers. :D Nothing that she actually had EQUIPPED was affected, thankfully, but when I took her out for a brief spin, everything that dropped was more of the crap loot with no modifiers. This is a level 8 character in Silver. I know that occasional bad loot is likely, but this is just too consistent to be anything but a bug. :(

Has anyone else had issues with this sort of problem on the console versions of the game? And if so, does anyone know what causes it:) The only thing my roommate and I have done differently over the past two days is that we (very briefly) tried out a Free World game, but decided we wanted to do main quest stuff, and quit out of it after just a few minutes. My roommate says his single-player characters were having occasional modifier-less drops even before that, but he was playing while I was at work, so I have no way to be sure of that. I can't keep deleting entire sets of characters every time the loot goes south, or the game will be unplayable. Please help, I'm very frustrated! :(

P.S. - Sorry for the wall of text, but I wanted to be sure to explain the situation completely, as it's kind of subjective. :P

I have had my my chars delete twice now.... the first time I was only level 16, the second level 40. Game freezes up, then when I restard there is no save data. Bummer 4 me!

Ouch that`s bad. What console are you using?

And have you contacted support about this?

I am on the 360, but it looks like the patch they just released fixed this issue :P hurray!

Couple things I noticed on PS3

Spells placed in combos do not gain fast casting bonus from their aspect focus, this is very easy to see if u use a single spells vs the same spell placed in a combo right after one another.

"Special" target based spells like Incendiary Shower that require you move your analog stick to aim after activating the spell fails randomly if you hover the target cursor over a (large) boss, this happens a lot against the last four guardians .. if you hover your target cursor right on top of the boss's body and let go of the spell, nothing happens.

Couple things I noticed on PS3

Spells placed in combos do not gain fast casting bonus from their aspect focus, this is very easy to see if u use a single spells vs the same spell placed in a combo right after one another.

"Special" target based spells like Incendiary Shower that require you move your analog stick to aim after activating the spell fails randomly if you hover the target cursor over a (large) boss, this happens a lot against the last four guardians .. if you hover your target cursor right on top of the boss's body and let go of the spell, nothing happens.

For what it is worth...

As for the spells placed in combos - I believe I saw a post dated month(s) ago about this being an issue on the PC. Apparently the fast casting bonus is negated completely from aspect focus when it is utilized via combo, just as you said.

UPDATE:

For my seraphim level 64 stuck in silver. This is the answer I get back from CDV

"I have talked to our QA department as well as the developer and there are no bugs preventing the game to be completed. There must be something you are missing. Please visit...

http://forum.teamxbox.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152

Here you should be able to find any information you need to complete the quest. You can also post your questions to the community."

Makes me even more frustrated since they are basically telling me, Im the problem, im the one who cant play the game. I beat the game in bronze, I know what to do. I met ppl on the PSN, who play it on PC. they are all telling me that its not normal.

Hey there

Yes everything gets picked up automatically and that is pretty cool.

However for local co-op, they could let us decide what we want to pick up... I mean, we are right next to each other, rather unlikely that we would not share fairly. And item can usually be picked up after the bodies disappear... but by then we are bored and wanna move on lol

Most annoying is probably that you cannot trade with your local co-op partner! And it gave all my Seraphim runes to the other character... and me a bunch of useless shadow warrior stuff... bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The only way I have found on same console (ps3) mulitplayer to pick up what you want is to press L3 and you can see the item name just like the enemy name. While it doesn't do a lot for armor or weapons, it does help with runes and combat arts. My fiance and I play a lot and we can pretty much get the items that we need or want without risking the other person picking them up. If it is something that the other person wants, simply wait til the count down runs out and then it is fair game to either player to grab. Of course this is only a problem until they put out a patch to let same console multiplayer trade. While sometimes teadeous it does help.

no color coded loot system on the xbox 360 version. Very disappointing. Why would they take this feature out?

I have found this to be really an issue but it varies between my characters. My inquisitor - level 38 has a number of legendary (Ker's Hand), and set pieces all of which appear as the normal white text color.

My Dryad found a Helmet of the Thorns - level 15 and it appears to be color similar to the unique on he PC version. Is this something their starting to fix or is it just random that I see different color for that helm?

when the item is too high level for you're char to wear, it appears gold, yellowish. same color as a unique in diabloII, once you're char level is high enough to equip it... it becomes white