Console Bugs and Glitches Thread

Has anyone else noticed that when you click to reveal the NPC's armor it may say ice, then after taking way to long to kill it with magic you check the last opponent window and he actually had armor to magic. I am finding this all the time is seams.

Definitely noticed this, but the good news, this is just an icon switch. So replace the magic symbol with the ice symbol in your head, think of the little blue snowflake as a flaring nova, and the little stars as glacial thorns. It's incredibly consistent to be just one monster group too, it seems to apply to every monster out there with ice/magic resist.

On another note, found another bug, though you probably all know about it. Occasionally when someone tries to join a game, and the host is on start island they cannot join and get a message saying the host has left. I found if you leave start island and come back they can join just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Small annoying bug.

Turn on Battle Stance

Go to Overview, Click the button to view additional details.

You can see the first page, but it doesnt allow you to scroll down.

If you turn off Battle Stance. Go back to additional detals, you are able to view all pages.

• 3 weeks later...

Small bug. Im playing online and the server becomes a little laggy. I save my progress and leave the game then try to play and BAM. 200+ Hours 2 beastly characters, everything gone. I never post on forums period. For me to even register and post this is a tribute to how much I loved and now hate this game.

Edited by SacredSMe
  • 1 month later...
Small bug. Im playing online and the server becomes a little laggy. I save my progress and leave the game then try to play and BAM. 200+ Hours 2 beastly characters, everything gone. I never post on forums period. For me to even register and post this is a tribute to how much I loved and now hate this game.

That sucks big time, id loose over 1000 hours and 3 200's :0 Pretty much you'll have a good chance of keeping you're files if you just let the game lag out. NEVER exit it. Sometimes right when you exit, the game closes, then it cancels each other out and your file becomes corrupted....Just my thoughts Ive been to the most lagged up games and ive lagged up the most :S

• 3 weeks later...

I also have noticed a glitch...I am playing shadow campain and the main quest is "Fire, Brimstone and Dragon Scale" I just defeated the first dragon "Ordacil" or somwthing like that and now I have no where to go next ..no orange marker or quest marker at all...I tried to talk to the bounty hunter following me but he doesnt say anything. I have no Idea where to go or what do do next. So my quest is glitched out as of now. if any of you know where to go next I would appreciate it....I just defeated the dragon that tried to eat you after you helped the bounty hunter collect the 20 slaves for the dragon...I think his name is Ordacil or close enough lol...would appreciate any help

I also have noticed a glitch...I am playing shadow campain and the main quest is "Fire, Brimstone and Dragon Scale" I just defeated the first dragon "Ordacil" or somwthing like that and now I have no where to go next ..no orange marker or quest marker at all...I tried to talk to the bounty hunter following me but he doesnt say anything. I have no Idea where to go or what do do next. So my quest is glitched out as of now. if any of you know where to go next I would appreciate it....I just defeated the dragon that tried to eat you after you helped the bounty hunter collect the 20 slaves for the dragon...I think his name is Ordacil or close enough lol...would appreciate any help

I've heard of this secific situation, but not experienced it myself. I believe that if you "Leave Game" and then continue from the main screen, the quest will pop back up.

Best of Luck! OOh, and I get to be the first to welcome you! Ha ha, funny because I'm newbish myself....

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an odd but helpful bug that I've noticed about pelting strikes (seraphim):

im using pelting strikes with the chance for multi-hit mod, after using pelting strikes with BFG, then swithcing back to a melee weapon,

the multi-hit effect works 100% of the time afterwards, at least until log out.

I'm playing on the PS3, so don't know if this will work on a 360.

steps I took:

1. having succession mod for pelting strikes

2. use BFG buff

3. use pelting strikes with BFG equipped

4. switch to melee weapon and use pelting strikes

Edited by devilfish

Some nuisances I noticed:

AW using the BFG does tons of damage, but that excess damage sometimes translates to no damage done despite being a clean hit.

Jamming the Combat Art buttons sometimes locks the character in place, stuck trying to spam a Combat Art.

Going in/out of caves when slowed causes you to be perma-slowed (have yet to find a fix for this other than leave and join a game).

Sometimes, when using Combat Arts, the character will walk in a given direction when trying to use the Combat Arts, despite not using the analog stick to move.

Chance to find items should be 1% per 4% map explored, but is functioning at 0.1% per 4% map explored.

Ranged targeting is wonky to downright flawed. Sometimes using AW (with the mod to seek targets) won't even seek anything (as nothing ends up being targeted when using the Combat Art).

Jamming the Combat Art buttons may cause a character to 'rapid-fire' (attack speed is thrown away as each button press executes a normal attack until the Combat Art trying to be casted is recharged). This may lead to (or be a result of) freezing in place.

No energy shield meter. Would come very handy to know when that will be exhausted so that it doesn't give out when fighting in the Orc Cave (already the source of all but one of eight deaths).

I love the game, but am debating if I should stick to the 360 version or go for PC, which if I get the corrupted save issue that will be the case cause the 360 tends to have some wonky freezing issues whether by the game's coding or the hardware having trouble.

Edited by betaflex1
ps3 cant use nether alliance

Dont know if it was said before but Xbox can spawn infinite spectral soldiers. Just have to kill em at a certain time, and you get an extra 1 after another. Plus they all follow you and fight next to you. Most I have had the patience to get was 15. Its a fun thing to do when your PVPing :) im kidding......fine....I did it once. Made 15 soldiers in my own game, left it open while I slept, and I woke up still alive ;)

And is it true PS3 cant use Neither allegiance?

Way back when I first got this game, June 2009, I started working on a high elf pyromancer. I eventually got her to level 86 in platinum, and she was a good bargainer and item finder. One day I was online trading, and lost my connection to the server. I didn't think anything of this at the time. I didn't notice anything in fact, until the next time I attempted to trade. I got a message "Your save game has been manipulated. You are not allowed to trade with others". The other party I tried trading with got the message "The player you asked is not allowed to trade". This happened with all my characters on that account, not just the high elf(the only character I ever traded with). So I was left with a chest full of nice gear for other classes that I'd been hoping to cash in for high elf gear. Also my position on the leaderboard was frozen at level 61, even though I was actually level 86. My "save game has been manipulated"? Come on I'm on a console here!

I recently restarted and now have a BFG seraphim level 84 in Niob, and she's doing well. This game is fine if playing on single player, but I and most people Ive talked to on PSN have had major problems with the multiplayer. Assuming I meet the level requirements, it seems I have about a 1/3 chance to successfully join a game. The game either joins the game successfully, gives the message "The host has left the session"(even though the game is still up), or completely freezes my PS3. If I actually manage to join a game, I am rarely able to play for more than 5-10 minutes before I "lag out" or whatever happens. I'll be fighting and either the enemies won't die, my character continues attacking after I've stopped hitting buttons, or he/she will just run in place. Any of these results in a reset, because I've never yet seen the game recover from one of these lag episodes.

I really like the single player game, and would enjoy playing online if not for these problems. I understand the developers were under pressure and out of time on this game, but I bought this game new for $60 US and was expecting some great online hack and slash action. Instead I got an almost completely broken multiplayer experience.

This is the only game I've ever had problems like this with. I've played Midnight Club LA, for example, with 16 people in a room and 8-10 mics going, with no connection issues.

Edited by warlock_00
  • 3 weeks later...

One thing I have had severe problems with is Co-Op save files. My friends files have gotten "corrupted" twice now! Can someone please messege me and xplain to me why this is happening. It's bad enough that the level cap is 200..... we haven't even been able to get to level 20! and we've put in like 30 hours. We are level 3 on our news char's and I might have found the solution to our problem, but maybe not. I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

But if anyone knows how we can prevent this data corruption problem, please contact me.

Whenever I use cascading shroud and teleport( when modded with invisiblility) that My Ice High Elf will retain the invisibility effect, though she is visible to enemies and will be attacked. I have to restart the game to correct as transporting to another area does not correct it. Learned to live without cascading shroud( as Crystal skin/grand invigoration more than makeup for it).

The Inquisitor combat art Reverse Polarity mod Exploit works on your mounts. I got a horse just to travel around faster. This naturally means that I have to dismount if I want to us my combat arts. Sometimes if you wander off to far, your mount will come and find you without having to call it. I noticed that when it did come over, it was taking damage. I saw a constant stream of 1's coming from it. My inquisitors level as well as the level of the combat art is still pretty low right now. But I'm wondering what will happen at higher levels.

Is my mount invincible while I'm not mounted despite that it's taking some kind of damage? Will it be an inexhaustable hp pool for damage mitigation? Eventually, you'll be able to divert a boat load of damage to the horse, doppoleganager, and any IS souls you have running around. It's unfortunate that you fight most bosses underground though.

Edited by sigma20xx
One thing I have had severe problems with is Co-Op save files. My friends files have gotten "corrupted" twice now! Can someone please messege me and xplain to me why this is happening. It's bad enough that the level cap is 200..... we haven't even been able to get to level 20! and we've put in like 30 hours. We are level 3 on our news char's and I might have found the solution to our problem, but maybe not. I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

But if anyone knows how we can prevent this data corruption problem, please contact me.

My Fiance and I have experienced the Corruption glitch MANY times (I think it is much more common when playing same console co-op). I've had to wipe two profiles, and she has lost like 4 at this point. I don't even wanna think about how many hundreds of hours we've had to erase due to corruption.

TIPS I've learned to minimize corruption when playing Co-op (same console)

*Player 2 (Non-host) should always save & leave first - This may have been resolved in the first patch. But our first two profiles were lost when Player 1 (host) saved and left game, while Player 2 was still in the game world (this always corrupted Player 2 only)

*Only play in your own host (Online) - If we are both going to play online, we ONLY play on our host. The reason being, It seems when a host leaves (or crashes/dashboards w/e) That the game will only correctly save one of the 2 profiles that is signed on. (Again usually the 2nd player to join is corrupted)

Common corruption avoidance (singleplayer)

*Don't use your carrier imp in public online games. They can get to him, steal your chest, and corrupt your char. I had this happen to me on my last profile (corrupted one of 7 chars (lvls 50-142) only, so I was able to see the empty chest with my other chars) and made it so I could no longer create a new char, delete the corrupted one (or even select it from the main menu) without crashing the xbox. After a 6 mo. cooldown period I am back to Sacred. I have now deleted the imp alltogether. better safe than sorry

*If you are playing in someone else's online game, and they freeze up and crash, do NOT try to save and leave. Just let the game realize that the host is gone, and will auto save for you (single player) and safely return you to the main menu. If you try to save and leave while this going on, it may cause corruption.

*Don't dual wield the lightsabers. I know it looks sweet, but you're asking for it

*Don't socket 2 Artamark's stars into one piece of Armor (Never tried this one, but I've heard it can cause corruption)

I may be over-sensitive to the issue, but at this point, I've lost too many chars. and goodies to start over again, so we do everything in our power to ensure it doesn't happen again. I hope something here helps someone avoid the troubles we've had/

Edited by Seder33

the only really rage inducing glitch ive come across any significant amount of time is this.

ill be playing the game all honky dorey awesomely and whatnot and it locks up at random, I have my Zune connected to my xbox all the time too and music going everytime I play the game too, a scattered mp3 on my zune is shagged up a wee bit, so im thinking it might be some kind of misread from the music rather than the game itself. I notice it happen more with certain albums too.

anyone else ever have this happen to them?

Couple things I noticed on PS3

Spells placed in combos do not gain fast casting bonus from their aspect focus, this is very easy to see if u use a single spells vs the same spell placed in a combo right after one another.

"Special" target based spells like Incendiary Shower that require you move your analog stick to aim after activating the spell fails randomly if you hover the target cursor over a (large) boss, this happens a lot against the last four guardians .. if you hover your target cursor right on top of the boss's body and let go of the spell, nothing happens.

My Character Shadow Warrior level 82 just got deleted plus 5 more characters from another players, and currently no patch saves you from this.

This is my 5th time with this type of major bug...

So tired of getting f&$#& up, (cause I really do like the game, to build the same Shadow Warrior 5times) I talked to some online friends and we put it to the test several times.

The accurate probability average is 10/10, and we tested 15 times.

IN ALL OF THEM, A TOTAL OF 45 CHARACTERS/HEROES FACED DELETION.

It´s the Xbox version and it's important to say it happened today (16/03/2010), all fully patched.

So If you're playing online (free world, PVP with "Public" selection) with 3-4 players the following occurs:

- 1st Player is playing normally

- 2nd Player hits the dashboard

- 3rd Player hits "Save Game"

In this very moment the game collapses in this specific order:

- 1st Player gets the character stuck, no running, but still attacks and cast spells (or in the case of Shadow Warrior can do the Jump from Combat Art) until eventually end the game.

- 2nd Player gets in "freeze" mode, the game won't disappear, nothing happens, and will not enter the dashboard until reset the console

- 3rd Player after saving the game, the room you're at closes, leading you to the main menu "Press Start". when pressing start the console freezes in "Loading" NOT showing the "Continue: Create Game:etc", until reset the console.

The final result prooves dramatic:

- 1st Player left the game and can play normally simply by pressing "create game" or "continue". No corrupt "save files" no nothing. All woks well.

- 3rd Player and 2nd Player restarted the xbox, "press start" with the same profile and freezes on "Loading" with the background image of the grass and waterfall. No buttons working, cant play the game at all, unless changing to another XBOX profile. In System - Memory - Sacred 2 - Saved Games- My Profile, shows "Profile: 1 , Heroes:0", so the characters faced deletion.

So as the most logical sollution appears to be stupid (cause im not going to tell every single online game: "Hey! dont you dare hitting the dashboard while im saving the game!")....

THIS IS A MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS! HOPE IT CAN BE SOLVED BY ANY FUTURE PATCH OR WHATEVER:(((((((((((((((((((((((

Edited by Didlididlidum

The biggest smack in the face to all the people who plunked down $60 on a PS3 or XBOX version of this game, was less than 6 months later when Ascaron announced they would no longer be supporting the console versions. No support = no new patches.

I should pay more attention, I didn't realize this thread existed and I've been posting my bug complaints somewhere else. First thing that ever happen to me on the PS3 version of the game was I had about 5+ hours invested into it and decided to quit to go online. After deciding I didn't like the online feature I went back to the main menu to continue my game. All my quest were undone somehow. Now my items, and skills, attributes, etc. were all there but my quest log book was empty and I had to start all over on the quest. Lucky for me this happen while it's still early in the game. The most recent quest I had completed was "Demons and children II" The cool thing was that I went and did all the quest again and gained all the experience and items for a second time, but I wouldn't want to do it a third time. The second thing was I made it to the town of Thylysium when I realized I had some old quest that needed finished. So I went all the way back to do them. The first quest was "Tutorial Blacksmith" which for some unexplained reason I cannot finish because I need to go back to the smith's shop to talk to Michel but he isn't there. Not only that but the small round icon that appears on the map to tell me where to go next for a quest isn't there either, even when I activate the quest. When I bring up the quest on the log it gives me no info on where to go. Secondly and this is stranger, the Kobold Chieftain quest cannot be completed as well because no matter how many times I hit him or with which weapon, he take 0 damage. From my understanding the Kobold Chieftain is supposed to be easy. Then the quest "The last Drop" was putting the white circle on the map at some cave with spiders (not the basement) and after exploring the cave a bit I came back out and the white circle for the quest had moved to it's proper location, at the same time I noticed the white circle for the quest "Tutorial Blacksmith" reappear on the map, so I went there and as soon as I entered the town it disappeared again. Lastly I don't know if this counts as a glitch or not but I have a long range weapon assigned to Triangle and my strongest short range weapon assigned to X. When the enemies are at a distance I'll start shooting at them by pressing the triangle, but when they move in close I switch to X and start pressing like crazy, when I do this if I do it fast enough and in rhythm it'll keep shooting my long range weapon even though I'm pressing X. The only way to fix it is I have to stop for a second or two then switch to X.

One final gripe. Couldn't they include a pause feature? Every time I'm out on the road and I need to go through my items or look at my map the game keeps on playing and I'll get attacked by a slew of creatures.

I want to like this game but the bugs are so frustrating it's like having a really sexy girlfriend who thinks Fleetwood Mac is a new hamburger at McDonalds.

I'll never buy a Sacred title again.

well about the kobald chieftain, he's the toughest to kill if you can't dps a lot fast ...

his regeneration rate is wayyy to high.. with my level 40 HE with incen shower it took a while before it downed.

but it did, had the cast on 1.1s regen time, soo....

not a bug, just a fhked up boss ^^

-> saves, have no idea whatsoever how that might've turned out

went from silver to gold and I got all the sloeford quests done + my map was still revealed .. just thought it was part

of the idea how it's supposed to go :]

the last "bug" aint a bug, well maybe it is, but have the same problem :D

fire rate goes on for a second or 2 and then switches, don't ask me why ....

well about the kobald chieftain, he's the toughest to kill if you can't dps a lot fast ...

his regeneration rate is wayyy to high.. with my level 40 HE with incen shower it took a while before it downed.

It's probably because of his resistance. Try using completely non fire damage on him and see if that helps. A lot of players try using fire damage, especially if they are spell casters, and he just shrugs off all the damage and laughs.

Fully half of all his resistance is to fire:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Gahanka

Other elements can chop him up pretty quickly. I myself also remember being very frustrated with this very early level boss, until I switched my elemental damages.

Bingo

goblin pudding for all!

25041411.IMG_9792.jpg

:D

gogo

It's probably because of his resistance. Try using completely non fire damage on him and see if that helps. A lot of players try using fire damage, especially if they are spell casters, and he just shrugs off all the damage and laughs.

Fully half of all his resistance is to fire:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Gahanka

Other elements can chop him up pretty quickly. I myself also remember being very frustrated with this very early level boss, until I switched my elemental damages.

Bingo

goblin pudding for all!

25041411.IMG_9792.jpg

:)

gogo

Yay Pudding! :)