Console Bugs and Glitches Thread

well about the kobald chieftain, he's the toughest to kill if you can't dps a lot fast ...

his regeneration rate is wayyy to high.. with my level 40 HE with incen shower it took a while before it downed.

but it did, had the cast on 1.1s regen time, soo....

It's probably because of his resistance. Try using completely non fire damage on him and see if that helps. A lot of players try using fire damage, especially if they are spell casters, and he just shrugs off all the damage and laughs.

Fully half of all his resistance is to fire:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Gahanka

Other elements can chop him up pretty quickly. I myself also remember being very frustrated with this very early level boss, until I switched my elemental damages.

Bingo

goblin pudding for all!

25041411.IMG_9792.jpg

:o

gogo

Yay Pudding! :)

eeeeeeeeeee

the things we find in tins huh

:)

gogo

I am still in the town of Thylysium so I am early in the game still. Anyways I went to talk to a blacksmith and everything froze up on me, I could rotate my character and enter my inventory/map screens but I couldn't walk away and there was no conversation initiated by the blacksmith. I was thankfully able to go to the map screen and resurrect at the monolith to free myself from the clutches of the blacksmith. I went back to the same blacksmith in town and tried again and sure enough I was stuck again. I was able to free myself again via the monolith and I never went back to the blacksmith again.

By the way the Circle that appears on the map for the blacksmith quest in the first town occasionally reappears on my map then disappears. And for all those who said to me that the vanishing quest thing was not a bug, if it was on purpose then the game designers have a lot to learn about creating a game. Never in my life have I had a game remember all my items and skills and stuff but not the quests.

I just had a moment of shear panic! After I saved my game I selected "Leave game" and the save icon appeared at the top of the screen, then everything froze. The picture that goes up on the screen as this happened became broken up and scattered. My only option was to hit the PS button to quit the game from there. I was afraid that sense the "Save icon" was on the screen as I did this my game info would be lost forever. Luckily everything was good, I restarted the game and selected "continue' and everything was fine.

hi, first post but I have used this forum and its mass amount of info and tips to great success and wish to say thanks, now onto the bug.

been playing for a couple months now, with no problems at all im pleased to say, have played many characters, get them to around 70 and start a new one, now on my curent character I biult a seraphim shopper (BTW Bargaining is the best skill ever, never used it until now and AHHHHH)

now I have been playing and have gotten her too around 16, hard to get higher because the game keeps freezing! :crazy:

it freezes every time I try to open the map in the main high elf city, when I livel on occasion, it will flash that I have leveled and freeze, and then freeze on random occasions.

things that have changed sence this character

-got a new hdtv, but dont think its the problem

-just started useing bargaining with this character and now my game freezes

im on 360 and any help, tips, or info is welcomed :ike:

hi, first post but I have used this forum and its mass amount of info and tips to great success and wish to say thanks, now onto the bug.

been playing for a couple months now, with no problems at all im pleased to say, have played many characters, get them to around 70 and start a new one, now on my curent character I biult a seraphim shopper (BTW Bargaining is the best skill ever, never used it until now and AHHHHH)

now I have been playing and have gotten her too around 16, hard to get higher because the game keeps freezing! :oooo:

it freezes every time I try to open the map in the main high elf city, when I livel on occasion, it will flash that I have leveled and freeze, and then freeze on random occasions.

things that have changed sence this character

-got a new hdtv, but dont think its the problem

-just started useing bargaining with this character and now my game freezes

im on 360 and any help, tips, or info is welcomed :)

Sorry this has to be your 1st post 8(

That is a pretty unusual glitch.... sounds like an issue with your console itself, or possibly with your seraphim save file? does this issue persist with your other toons? Have you quit / restarted the game? Have you changed your xbox display settings for proper display settings? (I'm PS3)Sorry if I'm going over the "too obvious" stuff, but it's always the best place to start.

It should have nothing to do with bargaining itself.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having a problem getting unique weapons without a weapon type modifier.

Example: I finished the Blind Guardian quest on Gold. I get four weapons. None of them have a weapon type; so no polearm, axe, staff, sword as a modifier.

Anyone know what's up with this? It is really annoying to get a sick weapon and have no use because there is no bonus to associate with it. I have a bunch of weapons in the bank like this: swords, daggers, polearms... .all useless.

On PS3 btw.

I did just get Boneslicer that has "sword weapons modifier"... blah

Edited by natesang
  • 4 weeks later...

while fighting the last boss as a TG I ran out of health potions, so I bought more, and ran out again, so I bought more, repeated this many times, health potions I picked up/bought stopped appearing in my inventory or on my d-pad, quit and continued and it was fine though. ghost warriors in the jungle sometimes couldn't be targeted- had to use an Area of Effect on them, became targetable after being hit. In local co-op sometimes player 2 is unable to summon their mount, and their mount isn't displayed on the inventory screen either (haven't found a way to fix this).

Demonic Blow (SW) doesn't work while mounted on the unique mount. The skill activates and starts the regen but your character doesn't animate and nothing happens to the enemy. I'd be less frustrated if DB just didn't work and you couldn't activate it on the mount, but the fact that you can and the skill regens is frustrating. Scything Sweep works very well and the mount even has a special animation for it (nice touch) but no DB love for the mount. Kinda ruins my plans to be a fearsome beastrider.

hmm that is strnge it works fine for me..

I am an xbox user and pretty, well very, new to this game.

I would like to talk about some glitches I have been having as well as ask a few questions, I hope I am posting on the right thread.

Well to start with I am having one glitch that is very annoying, I am playing a Warrior, shadow warrior I think its called, and am level 24, which I realised is pretty low compared to some people on here and I have been playing for about 4 days.. xD Oh I am also playing on silver if that makes any difference.

Anyway, whenever I am in combat with enemies and even bosses, my char will be attacking and then suddenly freeze and wont swing at all for a few seconds, I wont be able to move or do anything. it wears off after a few seconds (round about 20) or when I mash the thumbstick to get him to move. At first I thought it was because maybe I was pressing the attack button too fast and he would glitch out, but I proved this wrong cus I purposely pressed and didnt everything slowly. This isn't really that bad of a glitch but it is very annoying when fighting a boss because I get owned and cant do anything about it, and it took me almost an hour to kill the troll boss who regenerates purely because my char would freeze and he would regen all his health.

I havent done, or at least I dont think so and have no idea anyway, if I have done those missions which people are saying keeps freezing on the xbox, the undead one or something. Also I find it very annoying that the console does not have colour coded weps like the original sacred, and how do you tell if you find a set or legendary wep? I found one piece of armor called lauriels saomething which I only discovered was a set pieced for the sw due to a armor link on the sacred wiki. Also apart from this one piece which is three starts, I have not been finding naything of value. I only just found a one star sword the other day and I am level 24, I was wondering is this because I am low level or some weird glitch that I am only getting crappy loot..? I was thinking maybe I should copy the game to my HD and delete the cache but would this work?

Also I found a few animals that have been invicible, they wouldnt move or attack but I could not kill them at all, and this was ery annoying as for some missions I had to kill a set number of enemy types and this restricted me. I found that (its mostly being inside caves) that when I left the cave and re enetered it would work, has anyone else had this issue?

Another glitch I have had is where I would summon my mount and he just wouldnt come, or he would get stuck on a fence or on top of a buidling.. :S

I dont know if anyone else has these glitches and im pretty sure they are impossible to fix, unless the company brings out a patch but I thought I would post them cus this is a gltich forum.

I have a few questions because I'm so noob so I hope no one gets annoyed or impatient with me asing here.

1.Why do some weps and armor have a yellow bar with bits of red and other colours in it, what does this mean? (referring to the details where it says damage or protection e.c.t)

2. What do the relics do and is there a point in them?

3. Are there any useless or glitchty skills in this game? I have been reading a few thbings that says the blacksmith skill is broken on consoles..

4. What is the difderence (apart from harder enemies) between silver, bronze and gold .e.c.t campiagns? Doe sone give better drops or?

5.Is there a special area of place or boss that drops set stuff or is it randomised and if I find a set item at level 20 then another at level 60 does this make a difference or do set items repeatedly drop at level increasments?

6.this might be a stupid question but is minus attack speed good or bad, I though it would be bad as in it makes you slower.. or am I just dumb..?

7.With the combat reflexes skill where is says it reduces the regen time of combat arts in combos, this is ony for combat arts that in combos, not combat arts in general right?

8.what does the survival bonus do?

9.This is a nooby question but what does toon mean?

This are all the questions I have atm, I realise that it might be frustrating for some people to have me post all this but I an new and have no idea so please have patience.

Cheers.

I have a few questions because I'm so noob so I hope no one gets annoyed or impatient with me asing here.

1.Why do some weps and armor have a yellow bar with bits of red and other colours in it, what does this mean? (referring to the details where it says damage or protection e.c.t)

This is showing what kind of elemental damage (for weapons) or elemental resistance (for armor) that the item offers

2. What do the relics do and is there a point in them?

Relics provide elemental resistances, and can increase your general skills (bargaining, enhanced perception, riding, etc.)

3. Are there any useless or glitchty skills in this game? I have been reading a few thbings that says the blacksmith skill is broken on consoles..

Blacksmithing is broken, and Combat Discipline does not take into account for any casting speed bonuses from skill lores

4. What is the difderence (apart from harder enemies) between silver, bronze and gold .e.c.t campiagns? Doe sone give better drops or?

The quality of items are better and enemies are harder

5.Is there a special area of place or boss that drops set stuff or is it randomised and if I find a set item at level 20 then another at level 60 does this make a difference or do set items repeatedly drop at level increasments?

Set items are dropped randomly but there are ways to increase the chance of a boss dropping good items

6.this might be a stupid question but is minus attack speed good or bad, I though it would be bad as in it makes you slower.. or am I just dumb..?

Minus attack speed for you is bad, minus attack speed of enemies is good

7.With the combat reflexes skill where is says it reduces the regen time of combat arts in combos, this is ony for combat arts that in combos, not combat arts in general right?

I believe you are refering to combat discipline here, which decreases the regeneration time of combat arts put into the combo. Outside of the combo they act as normal.

8.what does the survival bonus do?

Survival bonus adds an increase to your stats and your chance to find good items

9.This is a nooby question but what does toon mean?

A toon is what a character is sometimes referred to as

This are all the questions I have atm, I realise that it might be frustrating for some people to have me post all this but I an new and have no idea so please have patience.

Everyone starts out as a beginner. We love answering questions on this forum :)

Cheers.

About the stun lock, maybe your character was actually stunned by a mob? Also, sometimes if you are not directly touching an enemy youre character wont attack, so you have to move slightly, this is annoying when you get rooted.

Also, about the Demonic Blow not working on mount, it seems for me that Calous Execution while duel wielding with Inquisitor doesnt work all that well while mounted, whilst ruthless mutilation works a whole lot better.

I had an odd glitch in this game... Cant talk to other people with my mic... Only happened twice, and only in THIS game. Have any of you guys had this? Can I repair that or do something? Since that, Ive never used my mic on sacred again...

BTW, my mic wanst on mute and I checked the in game mic and it wasnt mute also... And I msgd the person I was trying to talk and he said that he hadnt mute me, so I really dunno what happened there.

• 4 weeks later...

update a few months later, been busy and just started playing again

Lightsabres are bugged on 360 I belive, played fine for months, got one, crashed every time I played while useing it, stopped useing it, no more crashes sence, stay away from them

I have a couple of questions about the PS3 version of the game.

First one: I recently picked up a weapon called "Knuckles" it is a level 2 two handed weapon. But the modifier is "Fist Weapon Combat". Is this a glitch? I don't see that skill anywhere on the skills list over on the Wiki.

Question two: When my husband and I play in offline co-op mode sometimes we can both use our mounts, but most of the time only the one who started the game gets to use their mounts. Which way is it supposed to work?

Thanks for taking the time to help!

~Oni aka Paris_Princess

I have not read all the posts in this topic so this glitch might very well have been noticed before.

I am attempting a complete quest run with my Gold Inquisiter and I am now around the village of Sonnewind. I have activated a quest called 'Renik's End' and I cannot do anything with it. When I activate it, the map marker takes me to a house where you complete a quest for a witch but no-one is there to speak to. If I activate another quest, the map marker takes me back to the person who gave me the quest in the first place.

Is this a known glitch?

Cheers,

PS this is 360 version.

EDIT : Just remembered something else. This happens very frequently. Sometimes when I kill something,doesn't matter if it is a kolbold, human, spider etc instead of it dying and disappearing off the map, it will stop attacking and just stand there like a friendly.I have got the XP off them as if I have killed them though which is just bizarre.

Edited by philr1

I'm buying this game for the PS3.

Are there any quests that can be messed up by bugs that I should know about?

And is there anything I should pay attention to when I start playing?

I have a couple of questions about the PS3 version of the game.

First one: I recently picked up a weapon called "Knuckles" it is a level 2 two handed weapon. But the modifier is "Fist Weapon Combat". Is this a glitch? I don't see that skill anywhere on the skills list over on the Wiki.

Question two: When my husband and I play in offline co-op mode sometimes we can both use our mounts, but most of the time only the one who started the game gets to use their mounts. Which way is it supposed to work?

Thanks for taking the time to help!

~Oni aka Paris_Princess

The Knuckles: rarest find in the game! I got one with my first toon, and have never seen any since. Kind of glitch, yes, because fist weapon combat was never implemented (although I seem to think it was intended).

Co-op mounts: the second player can activate a resurrection monolith, leave game and re-join. That'll fix it!

Sorry for the late reply, and welcome!

I have not read all the posts in this topic so this glitch might very well have been noticed before.

I am attempting a complete quest run with my Gold Inquisiter and I am now around the village of Sonnewind. I have activated a quest called 'Renik's End' and I cannot do anything with it. When I activate it, the map marker takes me to a house where you complete a quest for a witch but no-one is there to speak to. If I activate another quest, the map marker takes me back to the person who gave me the quest in the first place.

Is this a known glitch?

Cheers,

PS this is 360 version.

EDIT : Just remembered something else. This happens very frequently. Sometimes when I kill something,doesn't matter if it is a kolbold, human, spider etc instead of it dying and disappearing off the map, it will stop attacking and just stand there like a friendly.I have got the XP off them as if I have killed them though which is just bizarre.

Quest glitches are quite often solved by quitting (even shutting the console off!) and re-starting. I have seen only one bug/weirdness that was not fixable by this.

The enemy glitch... can happen from time to time. If it's happening "always" then you may want to play another character and see if that issue perisits. I've seen it happen a couple of times, but never really was an issue for me.

Quest glitches are quite often solved by quitting (even shutting the console off!) and re-starting. I have seen only one bug/weirdness that was not fixable by this.

The enemy glitch... can happen from time to time. If it's happening "always" then you may want to play another character and see if that issue perisits. I've seen it happen a couple of times, but never really was an issue for me.

Thanks for your help EssJayEhm. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do with Renik's End. I did initially continue to the Human Realm and periodically kept going back to attempt the quest every single night and no luck. I decided to rush through the story and character quest and restarted on platinum. I have not bothered with the quest I had already completed but did try Renik's End again and it worked fine this time! there was someone to talk to in the house and I managed to complete the quest. I also had a problem with a quest in the Human Realm called Gotcha!, which is in Griffenborough. I got to the part where you go in the cellar under the tavern and hit the guy and his pals. The guy was lying down on the floor and then suddenly disappeared and he is the one I need to talk to to continue the quest AAAARRRRGGGHHHH :D

Considering the sheer amount of quests I am surprised it has not happened more often though.

The other problem I had with the enemies standing still but still moving their arms etc after killing them, I have sorted out by deleting the patch and installing it again. Basically what was happening is I would kill someone and they would just stand there like a civilian but I would get the XP. It was most strange I can tell you!

Thanks anyway :D

Thanks for your help EssJayEhm. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do with Renik's End. I did initially continue to the Human Realm and periodically kept going back to attempt the quest every single night and no luck. I decided to rush through the story and character quest and restarted on platinum. I have not bothered with the quest I had already completed but did try Renik's End again and it worked fine this time! there was someone to talk to in the house and I managed to complete the quest. I also had a problem with a quest in the Human Realm called Gotcha!, which is in Griffenborough. I got to the part where you go in the cellar under the tavern and hit the guy and his pals. The guy was lying down on the floor and then suddenly disappeared and he is the one I need to talk to to continue the quest AAAARRRRGGGHHHH :)

Considering the sheer amount of quests I am surprised it has not happened more often though.

The other problem I had with the enemies standing still but still moving their arms etc after killing them, I have sorted out by deleting the patch and installing it again. Basically what was happening is I would kill someone and they would just stand there like a civilian but I would get the XP. It was most strange I can tell you!

Thanks anyway :)

From the few quest glitches that I have had, only the one wasn't fixed with the re-start... but I do have a "theory" about them: Some quests seem to act up if you finish/do them when the quest is not "active" in the logbook... just a thought. I usually always activate a quest before I do any parts of it.

I came across a bug this weekend playing local co-op on the Xbox 360, we both have live accounts. We are both playing HE, she is a fire based and mine is ice. In speccing she got the general skill Enhanced Perception and could use the relics ok but any armor or jewelry that needed enhanced perception would remain red and not show the experience per kill or find valuables percentage. This remained until my mage also got the skill EP, then she could see all the values that were unavailable previously. I had been the host for our entire run, nothing game breaking but it was an inconvenience for her character.

Just more of an FYI, since no patches will ever be coming down the pike.

Cheers!

I came across a bug this weekend playing local co-op on the Xbox 360, we both have live accounts. We are both playing HE, she is a fire based and mine is ice. In speccing she got the general skill Enhanced Perception and could use the relics ok but any armor or jewelry that needed enhanced perception would remain red and not show the experience per kill or find valuables percentage. This remained until my mage also got the skill EP, then she could see all the values that were unavailable previously. I had been the host for our entire run, nothing game breaking but it was an inconvenience for her character.

Just more of an FYI, since no patches will ever be coming down the pike.

Cheers!

Welcome, Superfreq!

I *believe* this is a display bug only, although I have not really truly tested it out. This is the same on PS3 for couch co-op... online or off.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the post about the fist weapon. A friend of mine picked up a head gear piece that no character can equip. He even traded it to me to see if I could equip andit wouldnt let me etiher.

I'm on X360, and quest in the chain of Undead Legion where you have to kill 3 Liches and take the gems from them is bugged.

Only 1 Lich shws up at a time and after Killing him I'm unable to pick up the stone.