I think I killed my mount!

Zeno

I think I killed my mount myself; let me explain:

I just went out of a cave and a lot of Kobolds attacked me, so I used Scything Sweep to make a strike... but I also hit my Hellhound. I'm not joking, it just happened a minute ago and I'm still shocked. I thought you lost your mount when you were killed while mounting it... but I never saw a mount being attacked without being mounted by a hero!

Btw, I'm obviously playing last patch, v2.40 build 1550, spanish version.

Should I think this is a bug? I haven't tested if multi-target CAs also affect hirelings, but I have a feeling... well, maybe tomorrow I can have a try on it.

Zeno :)

Hi Zeno. Your mount will always die first (consider this a benefit) leaving you with low hp which you can use to run away with. Maybe lag showed your mount as being away from you instead of mounted while it died which would have been normal?

I've lost sooo many mounts.

But... better them than me

:)

gogo

Heya,

actually..... I think I've read this before....

SW's Scything Sweep killing the mount with Area of Effect damage?

I am unsure here....

Greetz

Yeah, better the mount than me... but it was not lag. I was getting out of a cave, so the mount was waiting outside for me for 3 or 4 minutes... I really think the game doesn't care if a mount is in the Area of Effect of Sctything Sweep, you know... :(

And not to mention the lag needed for a small group of kobolds to take out my over 10,000 hit points! :lol:

Anyway, I just posted here so everybody can read and avoid this... Now I think I'm gonna have a walk to the mount island. I wonder how much will cost a level 80 mount... ¬¬

See ya!

Zeno :bye:

PS: After starting a couple of gold mp campaign servers (not in the first one, I promise!), my mount just revived! ¿?¿? :unsure:

Edited by Zeno

Countless mounts lost lately, as my new build progresses.

Level 80 mount 2 million, no big deal really if you're that far along.

I'm sure I will lose another one :unsure: learning process.

• 1 month later...

Hmm maybe stupid question, but how do you get it back?

I have been trying to go to the merchant who sold me the mount, but he aint there anymore? Tried on both Silver and Bronze, both with me making the game, and my friend making one.

I have been trying to go to the merchant who sold me the mount, but he aint there anymore? Tried on both Silver and Bronze, both with me making the game, and my friend making one.

If you're playing in free play, you have to take the special mount quest , from the beginning, everytime you jump on, which starts at Uthroks Moxie, If I'm not mistaken, Every time your mount gets canned.

He will remain there during campaign mode. So you can revisit Just him.

Jet

Edited by Jetcutter

If you're playing in free play, you have to take the special mount quest , from the beginning, everytime you jump on, which starts at Uthroks Moxie, If I'm not mistaken, Every time your mount gets canned.

He will remain there during campaign mode. So you can revisit Just him.

Jet

Ahh, apparently I completed my mount quest on Free world, doing it now on Campaign, thank for the help :D

hey I have an inquisitor and this happens to me if I use clustering maelstrom when im off my mount. it happens every time. but I just save and restart and it spawns right beside me and the resurection monolith

• 4 months later...

Mounts are *expensive* compared to Sacred. So is Blacksmithing. I have a Unique I picked up, the Desert Saber, the first Unique I've found since I've been playing. I can't afford to have it socketed yet because it costs over 100,000 gold :).

Buying a Nag wiped me out at level 19.

Note: I'm not whining, since it makes gold be a commodity again, at least for a while. I'm having a blast with this game

Edited by -Aerows-