No more

:)

Just went grocery shopping...I can't believe it...those pirates troed to charge me .05 a plastic bag?

zomgod...the garbage is gonna pile up

:thumbsup:

gogo

Ye alrdy is here in Belgium for 2 years :)

But it's a good thing in a way, enviroment and stuff, you should just take your own big bag or something :thumbsup:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Though it is bs in a way it does make sense if they force you to pay for the bags to carry your stuff home in youll be more inclined to bring your own bags with you therefore helping out the environment

Good point.

I think that's the part that I couldn't put my finger on Knuckles.

I'm paying the same price for my groceries...but...I'm getting less?

It looks like they just gave themselves a pay increase

:viking:

gogo

Wow...that really doesn't make sense o.O

I can understand the whole paying for the reusable bags, but paying for plastic bags? Maybe incentive to help the environment...

Do paper bags cost too, or do you not even get that choice? <<;

They stopped using paper bags here several years ago...for the longest time you always got asked "paper or plastic?". Where I live they haven't started charging for bags yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Oh wow gogo this just started in Canada? It has been going on here for almost a year now and I thought we where behind the world in things. :devil:

And this is a good thing guys we are modern day humans after all. Giving us discount on stuff doesnt work for us only when they charge something do we start to do it right. Now you may say it doesnt cost much no big deal but I will say that it work. We here where going mad that they made us pay for plastic bags or that they use paper only and even more that the plastic bags are only the big ones for more the 5kg of wight and at first we where all buying new ones and protesting but today everyone brings there own when they shop even I do it. And if Macedonians could do it in 6 month everyone can. :evil:

Reword system is dead only when they make you pay for something works this days. :D

The superstore in alberta has been doing that for 10 years, they were 4 cents a bag but in the long run compaired to sobeys and safeway it was 2/3 the price

They Dont Do That In California....Yet. :(

Its A pretty Good Idea Though, But Paying For Canvas Bags Could Be A hassle, Espically if Your One Of Those Shoppers Who Stocks Up, Spending $300 At The Store, For 2 Weeks.

You'd Need A Hell Of A Lot Of Canvas Bags.

:D

-Jamie.

We havent got anything like that here in Australia, ALDI sells big re-useable plastic bags otherwise you have to bring your own. Every other retail store just gives them away. Closest we have to environmentally friendly is asking if customers want a bag when theyre buying one or two things

On a different slightly tangential point...the legal blood alcohol limit for full licensed drivers in australia is .05 Just in case you wanted to know :(

Edited by Dragon Brother

.05 a bag...most customer's use, say... four or five bags?

That's like .25 a customer.

Someone's making a lot of money via savings or more income.

I understand the need for a "greener" world...I just wish they could have warned us about this.

hmmm...pharmacy's still giving away bags for free... one big bag per toothpaste please!

:hugs:

gogo

They Dont Do That In California....Yet. :blink:

Its A pretty Good Idea Though, But Paying For Canvas Bags Could Be A hassle, Espically if Your One Of Those Shoppers Who Stocks Up, Spending $300 At The Store, For 2 Weeks.

-Jamie.

300 for 2 weeks :) I remember those days.... try 5-700 every 2 weeks (3 kids)

id imagine that would get really hard after a while. someone is deffinitely making a killing luckily they havent started that here in florida yet. but I wonder if you get foodstamps do they still charge you for the bags? because on a foodstamp card you dont pay taxes if it says 99 cents on the shelf you pay 99 cents you dont pay any sales tax at all so if it gets rid of sales tax do you think it would get rid of the bag tax as well. and didnt we come to america originally to escape pursecution taxes and an oppressed religion seriously

They Dont Do That In California....Yet. :blink:

-Jamie.

300 for 2 weeks :) I remember those days.... try 5-700 every 2 weeks (3 kids)

Ahh!

Its Just Me And My Girlfriend In THe House.

So, Not THAT Expensive, But Still.... Ouch! $700!?

-Jamie.

And if Macedonians could do it in 6 month everyone can. :P

Reword system is dead only when they make you pay for something works this days. :viking:

:viking:

Yeah, that is true. It's been the same here (Bulgaria) and in Romania for about an year. Last time I was in Boston, the "greener" shops were giving discounts for using reusable bag, asking whether to put it in paper or plastic. The common mass stores were "behaving" as normally.

They just started the big push for everyone to buy those little baskets that you get your groceries in so you can take them home, I still pay for the bags because I reuse them for lunch bags at work (construction) and if I was to buy paper bags it would cost more than the 14 or 15 plastic bags at 4 cents a bag :)