Store bought or Steam version?

Is there any difference between the store bought version of Sacred 2 and the Steam version of the game? For those of you that do not know, Steam is a content delivery program. It was developed by Valve software - the people that made counter-strike, half-life and half-life 2.

I figure that the Steam version will get updates faster then the store bought version. Because Steam pushes patches and other updates out to the clients, instea dof habing to go find the patch, download and install. Steam takes care of the update for you.

Besides the updating, I do not know if there is any real difference between the 2 versions of sacred 2? I would not think that there is.

It seems that the steam version allows you to play in any lobby you want for multiplayer (by changing the config file) whereas a boxed version is restricted to only the region you bought it.

As far as lobbies go I have only tested with US and EU.

erm as far as I know the patches got out faster from the boxed version ( for the.. like 4 or 5 first patches anyway, dont know about the last ones) via the sacred2 updater program thingy :)

the DRM system used for the boxed version can be a nuisance. I.e. you can only install (read: activate) Sacred 2 on two pc's without uninstalling it, and upgrading BIOS or reinstalling windows makes you loose an activation if you forgot to uninstall Sacred 2 beforehand.

(You actually don't have to do a full uninstall, just download the license revoker and run that).

But you might be able to find sacred 2 a lot cheaper at retail or in a webshop than buying it from steam.