What Combat Arts and Item Modifiers ignore resistances?

Off hand, I'm thinking life leech and Chance to Ignore armor... I've been doing some work with a special SW lately, and I'm looking at clever ways to trade out the horrible diminishing returns on the high end of the scale, and maybe use some great mods that can bolster the damage.

:)

gogo

Item modifiers I cant remember off the top of my head. SW combat arts which id assume you know of cos you're playing one, but anyway, demonic blow can be modded to reduce armour class(whatever that does exactly) and get life leech and frenzied rampage can get lifeleech too. Other item mods...maybe opponents armour: physical -x% but thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Hope it helps :unsure:

Only three? hmmmm. And it never "connected" for me that the DoTs are unresisted. hmmm...

Llama, do you think a build with three sockets of high end life leech , let's say +24 each v.s. three sockets of high end Ignore Armor running at let's say 5.6 % per socketing could be competitive?

The leech not only does that unresisted damage, but also helps with the viability...now I'm so very curious^^

And... honestly Dragon, I had completely overseen the CA mods available for the SW. hmmm, now this makes this VERY interesting... those SW mods (which I had overlooked because I'm brand new at SW lol)...would they stack with socketing additive from the jewelry?

Also, does all the leech I mentioned up above all contribute to the life leech additional damage we keep seeing?

:woot:

gogo

Only three? hmmmm. And it never "connected" for me that the DoTs are unresisted. hmmm...

Llama, do you think a build with three sockets of high end life leech , let's say +24 each v.s. three sockets of high end Ignore Armor running at let's say 5.6 % per socketing could be competitive?

The leech not only does that unresisted damage, but also helps with the viability...now I'm so very curious^^

That's what I'm doing with Jolting Touch (though it's % of CA damage leach).

Also, does all the leech I mentioned up above all contribute to the life leech additional damage we keep seeing?

Yes.

hmmm

Do the percentage leech and additive stack regarding "additional damage" ?

For example...if I stack more and more additive leech in my sockets...will I see a direct increase in additional damage?

:woot:

gogo

Do the percentage leech and additive stack regarding "additional damage" ?

I've not checked, but I would assume so, yes.

For example...if I stack more and more additive leech in my sockets...will I see a direct increase in additional damage?

Yes, since the Additional Damage is the leach.

Maybe a few days too late for my final 2cents worth today, but ive been kinda busy finishing off exams for uni and stuff. Anyway, I was just messing around with one of my toons and my response to your question about 3 numerical leech sockets vs 3 disregard armour sockets I would suggest the disregard armour. If you are only after leech for leech's sake then I'd say the modded Combat Arts would be you're best source. Testing with it today the disregard armour was giving me more damage than stated in the tooltip in the inventory. Stated damage was ~1000-1300 which was hitting normally for ~1k. 2.2% life leech was leeching 50 at maximum. However switching to something with 6% disregard armour my damage was spiking to 1500 without crits every time the disregard effect happened. 500 more than the previous max and 200 more than the stated max. I dont know how it was doing more than the max stated but I definitely think that is gives a much bigger advantage than leech. Together they would be fine, although I would focus on the disregard armour because the damage boost is much greater than the leech. So, personally leech from Combat Arts, disregard armour everywhere else you want it.

Hope im not throwin any spanners in a planned build :)

Edited by Dragon Brother

For Bosses:

x% life leech for the damage. It does the leech from the maximal hitpoints, not the actual ones.

So 2% life leech from a 500000 hitpoint boss are always 10000 unresisted extra damage.

My last 3 characters use alchemy to get the chance to hit and attack speed for weapons with x% life leech.

For normal mobs:

2% from 5000 are just 100. Disregard armour and x not x% life leech may be better.

Maybe a few days too late for my final 2cents worth today, but ive been kinda busy finishing off exams for uni and stuff. Anyway, I was just messing around with one of my toons and my response to your question about 3 numerical leech sockets vs 3 disregard armour sockets I would suggest the disregard armour. If you are only after leech for leech's sake then I'd say the modded Combat Arts would be you're best source. Testing with it today the disregard armour was giving me more damage than stated in the tooltip in the inventory. Stated damage was ~1000-1300 which was hitting normally for ~1k. 2.2% life leech was leeching 50 at maximum. However switching to something with 6% disregard armour my damage was spiking to 1500 without crits every time the disregard effect happened. 500 more than the previous max and 200 more than the stated max. I dont know how it was doing more than the max stated but I definitely think that is gives a much bigger advantage than leech. Together they would be fine, although I would focus on the disregard armour because the damage boost is much greater than the leech. So, personally leech from Combat Arts, disregard armour everywhere else you want it.

Hope im not throwin any spanners in a planned build :D

This is AWESOME. Dragon, you lit up my smile. This kind of research is worth gold. And I like what it's telling you ^^ I'll look to find more of that mod with the niob traders, it's not much per, but I guess it's still worth something. A LOT of something. Course, I'd been reading one of Rooster's posts that stated that if this kind of damage gets reflected back at us, it's lights out :D

Are builds you're running using this a lot? Got any stories to share with bosses while using this mod? Chat, I was looking at your numbers as well... any feedback on the ignore armor with bosses?

:D

gogo

I wrote it down to test it when I have time to play at weekend. Think I will try the arcane set on my melee elf which has disregard armour as a set bonus.

For doing more damage than shown: the monster specific damage bonus like +60% damage versus animals is not shown in the combat art window. For me as a hardcore player which tries to keep his hitpoints above 2 times my maximal reflected melee damage these monster bonus is a big factor which caused 2 deaths because I hadn't it in my calculations.

x% lifeleech numbers

In the post above I did a test about weakening effect of cobalt strike. I was using x% life leech to test its effect on maximal hitpoints of an enemy.

Numbers:

No equipment with fix life leech.

Magic Coup not modified for life leech.

Using alchemy to hit the white griffon when debuffed.

Weapon used: Shuriken with 2.2% Life Leech

Hitpoints of Griffon: 562698

2.2% of 562698 : 12379

Shown extra damage at 20 hits: 12379

All life leech hits the target unresisted and its always from the maximal hitpoints.

Wounds effects, weakening and so on reduce max Hitpoints for a while and therefore x% life leech does less damage.

CAUTION MATHS

Let's say 3 different monsters:

10000 hitpoints, 50000 hitpoints and 500000 hitpoints all totally immune to your normal weapon damage.

20% disregard versus 2% life leech, and normal hit doing 5 hits doing 5000/20000 damage

10000 hitpoints and 5000 damage: 1 hit in average with 5000 vs 5 hits with 200 leech = 5000 vs 1000

10000 hitpoints and 20000 damage: 1 hit with 20000 vs 5 hits with 200 leech = death vs 1000

50000 hitpoints and 5000 damage: 1 hit with 5000 vs 5 hits with 1000 leech = 5000 vs 5000

50000 hitpoints and 20000 damage: 1 hit with 20000 vs 5 hits with 1000 leech= 20000 vs 5000

500000 hitpoints and 5000 damage: 1 hit with 5000 vs 5 hits with 10000 leech = 5000 vs 50000

500000 hitpoints and 20000 damage: 1 hit with 20000 vs 5 hits with 10000 leech = 20000 vs 50000

I think my current solution with disregard armour from set and socketed disregard armour into my weapon/shield combination which I use at magic immunes, the weapon a shuriken with x% life leech, is close to optimum.

X% life leech starts to shine at bosses (at least as long you are able to stop them reflecting the damage). In my melee elf build I said that shurikens with life leech are perfect boss killers and I think even the maths show it now. I used them intuitiv before.

Well, I guess the +dmg vs specific monsters would explain it, thanks Chat :(

Lol...havent actually played since I tested this...work is keeping me a bit busy/tired :) But, I have to agree that using the leech is best for the bosses and a combination just kicks butt! I was just wondering however, not havin access to any high level shoppers...can you get disregard armour on rings/amulets to socket? And what sorta values can you get on them, because im having to work with weapons I can find (I.e. dual wielding boneslicers at the moment) and thats the only bonuses to it ive seen. It definitely works well together, im just waiting on my dryad to get high enough for a full dethera's set I have for the %leech too add to the disregard armour I already have running :) And my nice silver modded ravaged impact which gets that disregard armour too :)

At level 20ish with 2-3x your level bargaining you can get 3-4% Ignore armor on rings, so at higher levels it will keep increasing.

I don't mind shopping for your toon for these item mods, Dragon. Can you please tell me your level of toon? I'll pass the message along to one my traders, though I'm going to be away till tomorrow night.

:)

gogo

Just to avoid some confusion:

There are:

A) real immunity, which means 100% damage mitigation

b) ultra high armour

Disregard armour is not working in case A, while life leech is. The comparision with the maths from my last post were for case B obviously.