Firefly / Serenity

I just spent the last few days watching this series and the movie. I can't believe I didn't know about this when it was on tv or when the movie first came out. If you guys like sci-fi I'd suggest watching this series and the movie.... even if it was canceled early... I thoroughly enjoyed every minute spent watching.

Firefly

Serenity

Firefly got shafted when it came out. The bozos at the network didn't realize the show had a story... a story that progressed... so they showed it at odd times, out of order. Made it real hard to watch. Thank goodness for DVD releases! On the DVD we were able to see all the episodes.

Josh Wheadon is a genius.

I love the show+movie.

Nathan Fillion is hilarious--a real joker. The DVD extras are worth the money alone! (I snatched up a copy when the series went for 19.99 {brief time before the movie when HMV was pushing "Season One"s {they didnt' realize there wasn't a season 2 of this one!}

You should check out Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel if you liked Firefly.

Something about firefly just didn't sit right for me when it was a series. I never actually watched it but the previews just did not do anything for me. I watched Serenity on cable, not knowing that it was a Firefly movie.

Well I've seen the movie about 3 times since and I can kick myself for not giving the series a chance. The movie was just that good.

As for Angel--I can type for hours about that show. It had style.

The airing of the show jumped a bit everywhere... and was never on at a convenient time, so never got into it much, although it was interesting when I watched it.

However the movie was great... certain of those lines and such are great.

And of course there's this:

http://xkcd.com/311/

(Do note this was before Sarah Connor aired)

As to other shows that never quite got the recognition they deserved:

Babylon 5 (It got a decent amount... then faded away sadly)

Farscape (Must obtain and watch this... the bits I saw were good, now to watch the whole thing)

:) OMG Viper you havnt seen this show :o And we have talked about SF in game before. This is one of my all time favorite shows. The music the revolutionary space cam. style(BSG stole it from them) the setting the depth of characters. This show just rocked.

Shame does mindless studio owners had no vision not even a gram of it. The funniest thing about the hole thing was when the show went out on DVD the first print was sold out in a week time.

I love Angel as well great show. Lot more dark then Buffy. :)

The airing of the show jumped a bit everywhere... and was never on at a convenient time, so never got into it much, although it was interesting when I watched it.

However the movie was great... certain of those lines and such are great.

And of course there's this:

http://xkcd.com/311/

(Do note this was before Sarah Connor aired)

Farscape (Must obtain and watch this... the bits I saw were good, now to watch the whole thing)

I was a devout Babylon 5 fan but I started losing interest when Garabaldi came back from the shadows took him. His personality changed and he moved into the lower levels with the scum. But up until then, the show was great.

The one episode where Londo and Lennier spent the day together, getting into trouble was a total hoot.

Firefly is one of my all time favorites.

I don't like Serenity as the show's ender. But I suppose there is indeed no use to cry over spoiled milk. :drunkards:

Babylon 5 to me is so good that when it first came out, I practically stopped watching Star Trek series.

And considering I was a big Star Trek fan at that time means a lot. (To me :) ) Babylon 5 is still

awesome to watch.

And Farscape was also very good to me, it was nice to see that two of them later got roles in the

Stargate SG1 series. :P

As for Firefly, at first I did not know what to think of it but it became better later on. So to me it was not

a bad series at all.

Edited by Arafinwe

Babylon 5 to me is so good that when it first came out, I practically stopped watching Star Trek series.

And considering I was a big Star Trek fan at that time means a lot. (To me :) ) Babylon 5 is still

awesome to watch.

And Farscape was also very good to me, it was nice to see that two of them later got roles in the

Stargate SG1 series. :P

As for Firefly, at first I did not know what to think of it but it became better later on. So to me it was not

a bad series at all.

Well considering ds9 was a knock off of bablyon 5 ..... even the star trek people knew it was a good show... ;-) Bablyon 5 was excellent. The writer/creator of that show also did the screen play for changling .... but he does more comics than anything. And Bester was the best villian ever ... (and he was "stolen" from star trek... *lol*)

Well considering ds9 was a knock off of bablyon 5 ..... even the star trek people knew it was a good show... ;-) Bablyon 5 was excellent. The writer/creator of that show also did the screen play for changling .... but he does more comics than anything. And Bester was the best villian ever ... (and he was "stolen" from star trek... *lol*)

Well I guess that "borrowing" is the nature of the buisness in that world. :)