Inquisitor Guide: Wizard

A request from Gogo (Resistance is futile), Inquistor build, here I come! (two others build will follow)

Attributs:

200 in Intelligence 200 in Stamina.

Skills:

Concentration.png Concentration : 75

Constitution.png Constitution : 121

Toughness.png Toughness : 100

Gruesome Inquisition Focus.png Gruesome Inquisition Focus : 75

Set :

Full Drapes of Catharsis + Ilgard's Judgement (Arms)/Ilgard's Consistency (Belt)/Ilgard's Assurance (Boots) and Deylen's Loyalty (Gloves)

Combat arts :

Gruesome Inquisition :

- Mortifying Pillory.png Mortifying Pillory : 1a Disgrace + 2b Expulsion + 3b Decay = Armor + Duration + poison Damage

- Frenetic Fervor.png Frenetic Fervor : 1a Faith + 2a Contemplation + 3a Relentless = Reduces casting time for spells + Dodge + duration

- Purifying Chastisement.png Purifying Chastisement : 1b Mystic + 2b Eradicate + 3a Inure = Increase Magic damage + Increase crit + Physical mitigation

Astute Supremacy :

- Levin Array.png Levin Array : 1b Elongation +2b Hesitation + 3b Dymanic = Range + Attack speed + Crits

- Clustering Maelstrom.png Clustering Maelstrom : 1b Chaos + 2b Gash + Vortex = More Damage with more opponents + Bleeding + Range

- Raving Thrust.png Raving Thrust : 1b Bedaze + 2a Relay + 3a Lesion = Stun + Knocked back area + Reduce HP

- Zealous Doppelganger.png Zealous Doppelganger : 1b Vigor + 2b Domination + 3a Determination = Hit point regeneration + Astute supremacy aspect + 30% of HP

- Reverse Polarity.png Reverse Polarity : 1b Sphere + 2a Counterblow + 3a Evade = Melee Damage + reflect melee + Increase defense

Nefarious Netherworld :

- Dislodged Spirit.png Dislodged Spirit : 1a Gelidity + 2b Torture + 3b Wildfire = Ice damage + DoT + Area damage explosion

- Paralyzing Dread.png Paralyzing Dread : 1b Despair + 2a Decrepit + 3a Extension = Lower resistance + Reduce attack speed + Increase range

- Inexorable Subjugation.png Inexorable Subjugation : 1b Effort + 2b Menace + 3a Probation = Damage more often + Spectral minions more stronger + Duration of the minions

- Eruptive Desecration.png Eruptive Desecration : 1a Greed + 2b Danger Zone + 3b Plague = Loots + Range + Poison Damage

- Soul Reaver.png Soul Reaver : 1a Deathmagic + 2a Recreation + 3a Zealot = Melee damage + HP regen + Soul duration

First of all, this build is not easy at first, but when you will be high enough, this will be a pleasure!

Why Gruesome Inquisition? For the Purifying Chastisement and the mod mystic that will enhanced your magical damage from levin Array, Inexorable Subjugation, Sphere on reverse polarity and deathmagic damage mod on Soul Reaver, Awesome! :) And the mitigation mods is helpful with survival.

You can't have 4 buffs, so the dopplegänger will remain as a simple spell.

Three buff on you : Purifying Chastisement for damage, Reverse Polarity to reflect melee and ranged damage and close combat damage with sphere (enhanced by Astute supremacy lore, intelligence and PC + damage modifier) and Soul reaver for defense and life regeneration and damage against melee (good combinaison with sphere)

Combo :

- Clustering Maelstrom + Levin Array + Eruptive Desecration + Raving Thrust : Kaboooom! Big Mob killer.

- Mortifying Pillory + Dislodged Spirit : Good Melee/contact damage + powerful against boss/elite thanks to the decrease of their stats. The Area of Effect explosion mod is sweet against elite monsters with their little friends around them. Good against solo target (fast recast)

Dislodged spirit mod 3b will add his damage to the tooltips but you won't do that with the first hit, the added damage is the damage you will do if the target die and explode.

At high level you can do 80k+ of area damage if the target die by dislodged spirit.

The mod sphere on RP and the mod deathmagic on SR offer a strong melee passive attack.

Inexorable Subjugation is increased by PC and offer good damage DoT, and can stuck elite monsters.

I have nothing to add for the moment. Enjoy!

Steph, what heart you have... I cry no more! :whistle: Thanks for doing this, I really appreciate it. As I was telling MTV, it's only now when I got interested in the Inqs that I realized that this section was missing a whole lot of creativity, name builds ^^ I got my toon to level 30 last night, and he's a mish mash of just about everything I could throw into the blender. I'll probably re-roll him after taking a good read of the guides here now.

Thanks for the writeups...all I can say is...more more more!

:viking:

gogo

First off, I like the build. I was tempted to build a full caster but instead went down the hybrid road. :viking: (just pretend he's a magic using Sith Lord kinda Viking)

Just one thing I'm curious about: I see you've modded DS for damage. I use CE for bosses, so I didn't worry about damage from the NU tree, but without melee do you need that extra damage from DS? An 80k area hit is pretty nice, but when does that come into play? Do you use DS in Area of Effect situations, and if so does DS actually need to make the killing blow to trigger the explosion or simply be active?

In my build, I modded it in exactly the opposite way. Of course, I never use it in Area of Effect situations, only for bosses and champions, so I modded accordingly. I will say that if you don't need that Area of Effect damage, the regen time gold mod is really nice especially in conjunction with the +duration bronze mod. But if you need the damage, you need the damage :thumbsup:

Just goes to show ya that there are very few wrong choices in this game. I'm really intrigued by the idea of playing around with a 100% damage optimization, survival be damned, inquisitor one of these days...

Edited by MTCityHunter

I have a question about this build, since it seems well-done for beginner sacredologists to try. :Just_Cuz_12:

Why stamina? Don't the Focus skills take care of that well enough? Why not vitality in stead of stamina?

DarkWolf9 posted a cool Inquisitor build too, but in DA forum.

But nice build, too bad I always kill my Inquisitor before they ding level 5. :thumbsup:

Comments removed, please keep thread on topic.

Edited by gogoblender
WOW! I love this wizard guide,im just wondering what weapons,amulets and rings to use/socket to boost this build?

if any?

I'm using a Shadow weaver or a Tinwora's Curse.

Rings : + all skills and spell intensity, + all skills + all combat arts, + all skills + damage +xx%

Amulets : Artamark's stars, Lord waynes, and all skills + stamina.

thanks for the extra info on your build stephane,I've just gotta try this build out,I've been

looking for a execellent wizard/caster build for an inquisitor since I finally retired my lvl200 shadow warrior.

• 3 weeks later...

Steph, I just updated your guide with links to wiki and pics of the skills and Combat Arts with some of Schot's new magic Sacred 2 code ^^. Hope this helps?

Happy Inquing guys

:bye:

gogo

looks very nice with the pics gogo. :)

I'm using this guide for my Kami Character and its a lot of fun. I've been using 2H weapons with a few more gruesome inqui Combat Arts but still chose all the same skills.

thx again for this cool inqui build steph.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running a pure caster build (I'll post a guide sometime later when I'm satisfied with the performance and it proves to be good) and there's something about the combos. For example:

Clustering Maelstrom + Levin Array + Eruptive Desecration + Raving Thrust - the combo you pointed out does (especially if your cast spd and CA execution is high):

1st - clustering is cast and mobs start closing on the collision point

2nd - levin array is cast and hits the mobs (provided they are close enough, but you selected the elongation mod, so no problem, I like the other one better)

3rd - clustering is either still in progress, your char casts eruptive but there's nothing to hit... or if your cast speed is lower, it may work :)

4th - maelstrom hits the weakened by levin array mobs and raving thrust... may do nothing, because raving thrust is more effective when mobs bump into each other, and at this point there should be few or no enemies in front of you :)

Having tested these combos a bunch of times, I would propose that you switch the Combat Arts a bit like this - I'm giving you my mods just for reference):

1. Clustering (modded for Chaos + 2xVortex)

2. Raving (modded Bedaze, Vehemence, Lesion)

-> the idea is that mobs are closing on one another already, so raving will have them collide into one another before the main collision from maelstrom for quite some damage! And it works like a charm.

3. Levin array - if someone survived, this is the CA to finish him off or weaken him for the last step.

4. Eruptive desecration - now this will work, because the previous 3 should be fully executed and there will be bodies on the battlefield.

Suffice to say that with Clustering-Raving-Levin and 70% deathblow, ca level 3-5 + 22-26 from items (even on pre-level 75 build, so no masteries yet, so it's going to get better and better) the orc champions in the orc cave die in just 1 combo, which makes some great powerleveling - the cave is empty in less than 15 seconds and you're ready to re-enter.

Edited by Dobri
  • Like! 1
Steph, I just updated your guide with links to wiki and pics of the skills and Combat Arts with some of Schot's new magic Sacred 2 code ^^. Hope this helps?

Indeed it's look very nice ! Thanks gogo :)

looks very nice with the pics gogo. :)

I'm using this guide for my Kami Character and its a lot of fun. I've been using 2H weapons with a few more gruesome inqui Combat Arts but still chose all the same skills.

thx again for this cool inqui build steph.

Your welcome, have fun mate!

Clustering Maelstrom + Levin Array + Eruptive Desecration + Raving Thrust - the combo you pointed out does (especially if your cast spd and CA execution is high):

I'm using this combo to gather mobs (Clustering) and dealt huge damage (clustering+levin array) and then if a mob is alive, most of the time, a champion, he will recieve the blast from a corpse explosion (eruptive) and be sent away from me (raving thrust).

I admit that with eruptive desecration in the third place, I don't take benefit from the Area of Effect of this CA. But it's already a deadly combo :)

Having tested these combos a bunch of times, I would propose that you switch the Combat Arts a bit like this - I'm giving you my mods just for reference):

1. Clustering (modded for Chaos + 2xVortex)

2. Raving (modded Bedaze, Vehemence, Lesion)

-> the idea is that mobs are closing on one another already, so raving will have them collide into one another before the main collision from maelstrom for quite some damage! And it works like a charm.

3. Levin array - if someone survived, this is the CA to finish him off or weaken him for the last step.

4. Eruptive desecration - now this will work, because the previous 3 should be fully executed and there will be bodies on the battlefield.

Suffice to say that with Clustering-Raving-Levin and 70% deathblow, ca level 3-5 + 22-26 from items (even on pre-level 75 build, so no masteries yet, so it's going to get better and better) the orc champions in the orc cave die in just 1 combo, which makes some great powerleveling - the cave is empty in less than 15 seconds and you're ready to re-enter.

Sweet combo, I will try it. Maybe the raving thrust will be more effective than levin array in 2nd.

In any case, your guide is sweet :) If I weren't so bent on making a pure caster Inquisitor, I may have tried your guide... But still, with all the portents showing that in the future Sacred 2 may become SP-only game, I amay have more than enough time to try it :)

One more thing though. You're making this build look like 3-buff build. That will seriously damage the regen times of the Combat Arts which is a problem even if you play with level 1 CA boosted by + all CA... I'm certain it works for you though :)

A request from Gogo (Resistance is futile), Inquistor build, here I come! (two others build will follow)

Attributs:

200 in Intelligence 200 in Stamina.

Bye bye regen penalty :)

This build was tested on a level 200. No problem with the regen and the three buffs ^^ + all skills and others good amulets and it's ok.

That's great, Steph, but testing it out on level 200 doesn't always provide the proper results :P Granted, I do the same, I also have a bunch of unskilled chars, but getting up to 200 is the big problem. For example, you may be hard pressed to run around with only 1 buff till level 75 because of the higher regen times. Around level 80, when + all skills equip becomes much more meaningful, you may be able to add your second buff. As for the third buff, it's all about 75 hard points in concentration and when you will be able to afford them. It's also a matter of masteries. Since you'll be hard pressed by the regen times, you will want by level 75 to master constitution, netherworld focus and astute focus (or whichever aspect CAs you use the most) in order to ensure survivability. By level 80 you will want to master armor lore for example and work on the lores for extra damage or toughness or concentration.

My point is that it's all to well and good to get a level 200 char and say it works perfect, but the road to level 200 will not be easy at all - not until you actually manage to find a good balance between regen times and damage, and mind you, that won't happen before level 100, because as soon as you get comfortable with the damage and regen times, the next difficulty proves you wrong :) That is actually the biggest obstacle this build has to overcome.

That's what I said in my first post ^^ "First of all, this build is not easy at first, but when you will be high enough, this will be a pleasure!"

The first levels are hard but you can level up very fast to the level 100, 2-3day of playtime. (Yes you need some xp rings/amulets and mentor :))

After that it's easy :)

This chars was tested on 3 characters (level 50 level 100 and 200) with the approximate same equipment. My own character in closed net is near to 80.

The gobelin near ruka and the jungle are the best spot to level up fast with Custering maeltrom.

It's an hard build indeed you have to be careful with regen and damage. But it's the funniest build I have played with. :P

Just one more question :) Do you use him for boss killing and if you do, which spell do you use? I just need some point of reference from all Inquisitor guides to see how people play him and analyze whether my tactics are good at all :P

lol, so sorry to be off topic Steph, but I loved the way you did this post/answer.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=6856271

Is this with our forum's multi quote? :viking: I've never seen it used before... I think you're going to get me addicted :P

We now return you to our fabulous Wizard thread.

:)

gogo

• 2 months later...

Great guide.. I'm playing singleplayer softcore and its probably my 5th inquisitor that is going for the same skill setup you have.

I have been busy with dow2 so I only recently started playing Sacred 2.

I've still not finished a campaign because whenever I get to where my character build has its defining traits lined out already I start thinking about trying something different.

A few things I wish to add about some of the Combat Arts

*Purifying chastisement: I would switch out the silver and gold mods.

Thus the mods become mystic, merciless, hallow..

This is because I have not noticed the increased crit % working on spells... I tried with inexorable subjugation on my melee Inquisitor but after about 80-100 hits with all the normal amount of damage and no crits I concluded it wasnt working. (Edit: disregard this... I was expecting something like melee style crits that do a real damage increase, not the 22-25% damage increase that seems to constitute a spell critical in Sacred 2)

Also the Hallow mod adds to all damage the same way mystic adds to magic damage... so its double the fun =) (im still low level though... so that choice might bite me in the rear if I get to niob)

*Dislodged spirit: Ill definately go for wildfire goldmod after hearing about it here, and the dot on torture seems decent.. but bronze mod will be spite for longer duration.

(edit 2: tested this today.. damage from wildfire has a very low Area of Effect and is not improved by purifying chastisement.. also, gelidity and torture are quite weak mods.. torture adding just above 74% ice dot from the basic damage amount spread out across 5 hits and is independent on the duration of the soul being held.. at comparable ca levels and regen times you will be doing 7x-10x more damage with inexorable subjugation.. so you might as well combo them together if you want to spark the wildfire.

also: the ca regen gold mod does sortof work in a halfassed way... it knocks off maybe 0.5s-1s of the regen of dislodged spirit once it hits.. this was tested at ca level 21 though.. and having it that high is not a good thing early on, at character level 28 to be specific.)

*Soul reaver: this is the 3rd buff.. early game will be all PC and adding in RP in tougher situations.

Silver mod I would pick source if its working properly.. (since its singleplayer I can always back up my savegame before picking the mod so I will know for sure by then =)

*Zealous doppleganger: I'd mod it for attack/defense, gruesome inquisition (because someone mentioned it made them more aggressive, dont know if its true), +30% lifespan

hp regen seems a bit of a waste to me since it will die on its own when the timer runs out.

I started this in silver mode.. who cares about bronze anyway.

I think I started with armor lore and then NN lore, AS focus, NN focus, concentration and GI focus at low levels (by level 18 or so).. early game you wont even need AS lore for leveling with CM+LA combo. If you have some runes socketed in your gear you can even turn off PC if you are only facing kobolds to speed up the CA regen.

NN lore was picked fairly early because its the bosskiller tree and thats where I want to gain modpoints faster.

as for stats I'm slapping some in vitality too just so I dont lose my survival bonus (again) too easy to unexpected things =)

(happened to me at level 10 in the cave with the pirates and a cannon.. got a nice doublehit against me for 2x207)

CA regen times will be very high at first (1 rune Combat Arts at ca level 5-6 with dual buffs land me in the 14-20s range at level 18.. hence only 1 buff used or none at all)

should be noted that I have not smithed any regen improvement gear.

Which means you will run around to gather a big horde and then pop a mentorpot and unload your combo and move on =)

until level 30 or so you will be able to use melee Combat Arts as well to finish off targets without worrying about incoming damage too much.

Edited by Phlaago