Finally a keyboard

Guest gogoblender

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I think I will stick with my IBM keyboard, you know the ones that is almost like a typewriter. It doesn't have that annoying window key to mess me your gaming too. :superman:

The keyboards nowadays are so flat and you can't really pound on it.

epox, you got the same keyboard as I do. But this isn't my favourite keyboard as I hate all these not needed buttons known as quick keys. Gaming experience whit this one isn't like whit the old one. It was some no named white basic keyboard whitout any multimedia buttons. Those are perfect for gaming as they can take hit or two whitout taking any damage. I bet this new one would allready be broken if I would be playing as much as whit my old keyboard. It took some hard hits when the gaming didn't go well.

@ bhj...k, must...have...that...keyboard. :Just_Cuz_12:

Guys, I know what you mean about a keyboard just seeming to have too many buttons. I guess I'm the kind of person that never gets around to personalizing it and so all those buttons have gone to waste :Just_Cuz_12:

However, I will still stand by my original claim of this last keyboard I got being the best. It's posture for wrist and incredible sculpturing of the keys makes all my writing joyous.

Yes, joyous

:Just_Cuz_12:

gogo

• 11 months later...

heh, this is gonna sound funny, but it's an interesting story ^^

*cough*

I've given up on that fancy schmancy keyboard. I'm not sure what it was about it. Yeah, it was cool, for awhile at least, alll the ergonomics and stuff and design. I remember how much I enjoyed opening it up, and the feeling I got the first time I saw it in the store.

Thing is...I just can't seem to type fast enough on it. And... the way the keys were laid out along the bottom left of it with that windows button... not only did I accidentally keep closing all posts and windows that I was working on, losing me a ton of work...but I could never get up to enough speed.

At work, the minimum typing speed for Deaf Relay is 60 wpm. And,when I first started working, I would always curse non-stop over how crappy those smallish keyboards where, while saying to myself how awesome the Microsoft keyboard I had bought was. Well... after almost 9 months of tapping away at those small keyboards, I came to realize that every time I came home to type posts...my hands would hurt.

I think what I have come to realize is that for speed typers like me (lol, 80 Words Per minutes now :Just_Cuz_21:), big ergo keyboards like what I had bought before actually got in the way of speedy writing, and added to wrist pains which would terrify me.

The answer?

I chucked the snazzy keyboard... in a dusty old corner filled with old electronic leftovers... the keyboard that came with my dell system about five years ago.

It makes nice clunky sounds, gives great tactile feedback, and more importantly...the spacing between keys is so much smaller, that my fingers can actually fly.

Here's the pic of the reborn dinosaur:

keyboard.jpg

lol, seems like marketing ain't all it's cut out to be huh ^^

Welcome back Dell

:drunkards:

gogo

Can't beat the oldies ;)

I now realise that my frantic search for a media keyboard was useless. I rarely use the media keys... And can't get used to the single-key shape of the backspace! Keep pressing [\] or [insert]....

- Borg, yes, that's right. When you're typing very very fast, you need the keys to be smaller, so you're hands don't actually move too much. I spent a ton of time watching the best typers at our work, and I noticed that everyone who was able to do seventy words or more a minute, looked like they had hands that never moved off the keyboard. In fact, ALL of the fastest keyboard typers were the quietest ones! I spent a good bit of time analyzing that, and realized that they kept their fingers as close to the keys as possible, hence... smaller movements per finger, and less noises. It "clicked" for me then, that the closer the keys were, the faster I could possibly put out the speed, since my fingers and hands would move less... And that's when I noticed that the big ergo board, just couldn't it anymore, and in fact, I was getting more pains from the fancy one because of the contorting I had to do. Into the corner it got tossed.

- Timo, the only think I'm sort of missing from the fancy keyboard was the volume control. That was very useful, and it's a shame that the old/ smaller one I'm using right now doesn't have it. Maybe I can find some kind of a prog that could help me turn two of the unused keys into volumes?

;)

gogo

I use a Microsoft keyboard. It is wireless but seems it doesn't need to be since I almost always have it on my desk. I do have the controls for audio on it and that's all I use, all the others go unused :P About 20 years ago I took a typing test did around 78 wpm I have improved alot since mmmm? maybe I should see how fast I can type now.

Gogo quit watching the other people type and get back to work *lol*

Gogo, SharpKey 2.1.1 is awesome. :P

Does the job perfectly, and it saves the changes you made in a list you see when opening the program, so you can undo them any time you want.

Edited by Timotheus

Alright,

So I was excitedly typing up a post about how I was going to order this keyboard/mouse combo:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ER&v=glance

I like it a lot, slim, sleek, low profile keys to increase typing speed.

It has everything I want in a keyboard.

I've wanted it for about a year, but didn't really want to spend $80 on it.

I saw it on Amazon.com today for 42% off and was ready to jump,

BUT

Upon randomly deciding to see if I could pick up anything at the BestBuy Auction site I referenced before, I found something even MORE shocking:

I've needed to upgrade my sound card for the longest time, as I've got a Synthesizer and Midi Controller which don't work with my current one.

I've lusted after this sound card also for about a year now, but never had a spare $300 to spend.

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/produ...p;product=14064

I found ONE of these randomly thrown in the auctions, new, in-box with full warranty selling for only $125.

I waited for a few seconds left and sniped it ( it almost felt like an Ogame Ninja, lol).

The cheapest I could find it anywhere is was $250 for a used one.

Anyway, today was a huge success, but my dream keyboard is gonna hafta wait.

Not a bad deal, no :unsure:

On a side note: IMO Creative has lost it's shine. Look up Daniel_K and Creative on google and you'll know what I mean.

Decent products, but the drivers are criminal.

Edited by Timotheus

omg, that's a very good looking keyboard. And I like what you have to say about having keys with low profiles to increase typing speed. lol, you just made me want to dunk my return to retro and see if there's shinier stuff out there

Dinna worry, the dream keyboard will come, indeed...lol, when you finally get it, it may look like nothing you had originally envisioned it as with the speed at which technology moves

:)

gogo

I found ONE of these randomly thrown in the auctions, new, in-box with full warranty selling for only $125.

I waited for a few seconds left and sniped it ( it almost felt like an Ogame Ninja, lol).

Can I SHOOT you?

That sound card is about 4x better than mine....

>_>

(must resist urge to steal it)

:4rofl:

~Doom

Can I SHOOT you?

That sound card is about 4x better than mine....

>_>

(must resist urge to steal it)

:P

~Doom

yeah, I'm upgrading from this little guy... so it'll be quite a jump.

:D, now I'm just waiting for it to arrive (of course I ordered before memorial day weekend, it's gonna take another week!)

I can't wait to start recording though...

I suppose this will probably inspire me to upgrade the rest of my pc as well.

k, really...be honest guys...if we're not musicians.... don't you honestly feel that a creative sound card from let's say five years ago can cut it?

I gotta be honest...the one I got with my comp about five years ago still kicks ares!

:D

gogo