Niob possible without Constitution for a Temple Guardian?

Hey there!

Trying to figure out how I want to build my TG and had a few questions :)

I'm taking EP/Bargaining early on with this TG (Blacksmith still broke on 360 :( ) and was wondering if Niob would be survivable with a high T Shroud, Combat Alert, WEL, and Armor L only? I've never taken a character to Niob, and I really don't feel like plowing through with my TG how I want and then getting to Plat/Niob and realizing I NEEDED another skill choice.

My skill choices I had picked were something like this (in order):

1. EP

2. Tactics

3. Bargaining

4. Concentration

5. Devout Guardian Focus

6. Sword/Hafted Weapons (not sure which I want yet)

7. Armor Lore

8. WEL

9. Source Warden Focus

10. Source Warden Lore

Another option I had was grabbing BS first instead of EP and hoping it gets fixed soon.

What I have envisioned was beefing up my Devout G aspect/Melee damage in the start, then beefing Armor L/WEL for increased protection as I advance toward Gold/Plat/Niob, and finally beefing Source aspect for high Area of Effect damage.

Any tips? Something I should change? Something look wrong? Is the build completely broken?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Edited by gogoblender

How are you playing this build? More towards use of CAs or melee type?

I would suggest if you're not going to be hacking away at everything I wouldnt take sword/hafted whichever you decide. That would kill the need for tactics as well.

Most builds really on melee early on, but that isnt really a cause to waste 2/10 skills on it. Sounds like you are not going to be using melee much later on going protect Area of Effect.

I use my seraphim in the same way you are... sort of. Instead of Sword/Hafted and Tactics I took Constistution and Combat Discipline for added CA damage.

How are you playing this build? More towards use of CAs or melee type?

I would suggest if you're not going to be hacking away at everything I wouldnt take sword/hafted whichever you decide. That would kill the need for tactics as well.

Most builds really on melee early on, but that isnt really a cause to waste 2/10 skills on it. Sounds like you are not going to be using melee much later on going protect Area of Effect.

I use my seraphim in the same way you are... sort of. Instead of Sword/Hafted and Tactics I took Constistution and Combat Discipline for added CA damage.

Ditto...

I would chooce damage lore and combat discipline instead.

Weap and tactics are a waiste off 2 skills, if you go Area of Effect TG.

Edited by D-molisher

Well I changed my mind. Going all-out Devout Guardian now.

Started leveling and I absolutely LOVE Battle Extension! Also, I can already see why Bargaining is so nice! :P

Now I have to decide whether I want to go Swords or Hafted Weapons :)

I'll pick up Constitution and either Toughness/CR/Combat Disc as my last 2 skills I believe.

Thanks for the advice everyone! What's the Pros/Cons for Swords and Hafted weapons?

The pros:

You hit more often, harder and use higher level weapons.

The cons:

CAs do more damage then bashing away at higher lvls, less slots to add in 2h, less def makes you more vunerable.