S2 Max Combat Art Levels?

Hi,

I haven't reach more than 200.5, because there is a great diminishing return at high level. You need 3-5 runes to gain 0.1 level ^^"

With around 1200 runes memorized, you can barely reach the level 200 in a CA with a good level in the appropriate focus skill.

Acute mind level 200.2 2000 runes memorized

Ancient Bark level 200.5 2000 runes memorized

Nature weaver focus level 272

Dryade level 200.

Greetings,

Stéphane.

Thanks, I had no idea that happend at high levels.

So at roughly what point do you stop getting 1 rune/1 CA level increase?

60-80 with a good level in the correct focus skill.

For example :

- CA level 60 : 1 rune = +0.8

- CA level 70 : 1 rune = +0.7

- CA level 80 : 1 rune = +0.5

- CA level 90 : 1 rune = +0.4

- CA level 100 : 1 rune = +0.3

Thanks, I had no idea that happend at high levels.

So at roughly what point do you stop getting 1 rune/1 CA level increase?

60-80 with a good level in the correct focus skill.

For example :

- CA level 60 : 1 rune = +0.8

- CA level 70 : 1 rune = +0.7

- CA level 80 : 1 rune = +0.5

- CA level 90 : 1 rune = +0.4

- CA level 100 : 1 rune = +0.3

Some skills are hardcapped (BFG for example) most aren't. However reading in a lot of runes can hurt your regen at some time :)

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from BFG, I don't think there are caps to CA levels. The only cap is how many runes you can find/afford to swap. And regen time becomes huge, but I guess you knew that. I have heard of people reading up to 2000 runes. Obviously the more you read, the more it takes to gain 1 level, so I don't know what the highest anyone has reached is.

Thankfully, there are CAs which can be learnt ad nauseam, such as the HE's Grand Invigoration. There is no penalty incurred by the CA, so if one's patient enough, one can theoretically learn GI until they reach the programming limits for numbers in this game. :(

Apart from BFG, I don't think there are caps to CA levels. The only cap is how many runes you can find/afford to swap. And regen time becomes huge, but I guess you knew that. I have heard of people reading up to 2000 runes. Obviously the more you read, the more it takes to gain 1 level, so I don't know what the highest anyone has reached is.

Since I play high elf and I am currently using arrant pyromancer skills I can up my icandescent skin (which has the 2 minus regen bonuses for pyro skills) to help reduce regen lvls and put more into my other pyro skills so I was just wandering if anyone knows whats the highest..

until they reach the programming limits for numbers in this game

thats what im trying to ask lol how much exactly isit =)

Edited by azenel

So far as I know the highest attained level of Incandescant Skin is Kat's HE which is at level 200 and has Incandescant Skin at level 188.8 and has read 742 runes for it. He likely is wearing gear that adds to it as well. That said level 200 "might" be a reasonable number to choose as a CA cap. Truth is that no one really knows. :)

thats what im trying to ask lol how much exactly isit =)

2^8 for small ints (255 max)

2^16 for normal ints (around 35k max)

2^32 for long ints (around 2 billion max)

:)

Of course, CA levels are float numbers, but I don't know how exactly to describe a range for float numbers, since it's a matter of fitting both the integer part and the decimals in 32 bits. If they've used float, one could probably get 2^30 level tops. :) Care to try and raise the CA level to around 500 million? :) And, since after a few hundred points, one gets 0.1 levels per 1 rune, you'd need approx. 5 billion runes. :)

(After rethinking things, since both the number of runes memorized and the level are counted, I don't think you'd be able to read 5 billion runes. You'd probably be more likely to be able to read 2 billion runes for about 200 million CA levels)

The only number we can really test for is the small int one. If it's not that, then it doesn't really matter anymore, since one needs too much patience in order to get to the other thresholds.

Edited by Tigrul
So far as I know the highest attained level of Incandescant Skin is Kat's HE which is at level 200 and has Incandescant Skin at level 188.8 and has read 742 runes for it. He likely is wearing gear that adds to it as well. That said level 200 "might" be a reasonable number to choose as a CA cap. Truth is that no one really knows. :)

Well I dont know if my numbers are the highest but they are a but higher then those numbers:

Inc. Skin

199.6lv

1080runes read

GI

190.2lv

853runes read

FD

193.3lv

753runes read

Will get them to 200 for sure if nothing else to see whats behind. :)

Behind 200, there is...................

.... 200.1 !

>>> http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11135

Hi,

I haven't reach more than 200.5, because there is a great diminishing return at high level. You need 3-5 runes to gain 0.1 level ^^"

With around 1200 runes memorized, you can barely reach the level 200 in a CA with a good level in the appropriate focus skill.

Acute mind level 200.2 2000 runes memorized

Ancient Bark level 200.5 2000 runes memorized

Nature weaver focus level 272

Dryade level 200.

Greetings,

Stéphane.

You can try to eat more than 2000 runes to see where you can go. :sweating:

More point in the focus skill (300-350) could greatly help.

Nice link steph, just merged it with this one ^^

Also, gratz on the crazy CA levels...are you guys using gear to boost this you two, steph and kat? Or is it just coming from runes?

:sweating:

gogo

Interesting. Kat, have you tried casting it from a weapon slot with a ton of plus skills in it instead of the Plus Combat Arts for your buffs? If you have a bunch of points in your focuses, your buff will probably get a nice boost to it's level and you'll get the added benefits of the focuses kicking in as well plus the lores on top of that from a plus skills booster slot.

:sweating:

gogo

p.s. Kat or Steph, would you be able to say what are the benefits (Damage, etc) being offered by your level of CA now...and what the next level will give you? With uber levels like this, I'm just wondering how much worth the effort it is at all to raise a CA level that's in the 200's

• 13 years later...